Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,786 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

What A Kwara Man Told Me This Morning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A Kwara Man Told Me This Morning (579 Views)

What A Kwara Girl Told Me About Yorubas In Illorin Yesterday. / Offa, A Kwara Community With Over 100 Professors / Saraki Pictured With A Kwara Monarch Doing This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Kwara Man Told Me This Morning by LokoH(m): 11:40am On Sep 24, 2022
I left home very early to Alimosho.(due to the area, I didn't go with car). While coming back, it started raining when I was in Iyana Ipaja, then I entered into one of the transport companies(Agofureh). There, two men were discussing about the yoruba nation rally that took place in Agege yesterday. They were speaking yoruba and I wasn't interested in their discussion until the elderly among the two said: "gbo, Erin Ile l'emi. Ni gbogbo Kwara, ki a mon so itan Ilorin fun awon omo is prohibited". Meaning; "hear, I am from Erin Ile(a town in kwara), telling our children the history of Ilorin is psohibited".
The man said it with contentment and it magnetted my attention which prompted me to ask "baba why ?"
He said because the fulanis won't be happy to discover that 'we' are teaching 'our' children the true history.
As I was observing the baba with his slave cap, I heard a conductor shouting 'Ikeja, Ikeja', I went for the bus daring the rain, leaving the elderly yoruba men with their stockholm syndrome
Re: What A Kwara Man Told Me This Morning by Jokerman(m): 11:48am On Sep 24, 2022
Lol... you want fulani to burn our town in little ogbomoso
Re: What A Kwara Man Told Me This Morning by BiggestB0y(m): 12:06pm On Sep 24, 2022
Cocktail...
Re: What A Kwara Man Told Me This Morning by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 24, 2022
Hmmm
Re: What A Kwara Man Told Me This Morning by Tinububalls: 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2022
They won't be happy if they catch us teaching our children history.

(1) (Reply)

My Funny Experience With My Landlord / Gunmen Kill APC Youth Leader In Enugu / Uhuru Kenyatta:The Election Is Not Anyone's Turn, Nigeria Is Bigger Than Any Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.