Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana (1213 Views)

My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help / Help! Am Having Erection For My Cousin Sis. How Do I Tell Her To Dress Decently / My Husband Said I Should Leave His Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by Boyeejay: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2022
Greetings NL. I'll be very brief.
I'll be 20 by year end, a final year student but been at home due to the ASUU strike.
There's this cousin of my mom's who resided with us for some time during our stay in my mom's country. She's in ghana now with a big eatery (I've checked it on Google) and other investments doing well for herself, my mom have been in touch with her and have asked her if I could come over to her place and if possible work too. Her cousin welcomed the idea and also asked that I should ensure I'm with all my academic credentials cos she'll like to put me in school too and also will also sponsor my trip to her place.
Now me I'm confused because I feel ASUU would call off this strike any moment and considering my level in school already I'll like to continue but on the other side this isn't a bad idea too.
Please NL I need your various inputs on this matter let me weigh my options.
Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by lecoeur(m): 11:14am On Sep 25, 2022
If I were in your shoes, first thing I'll consider is if she's married, if she's married I won't go but if she isn't that's when I will consider going.
Anyway I advice you hold your cash too if you're going in case she'll seem to be a problematic person and I hope you're not a lazy person sha...
As for ASUU na God go punish FG.
Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by Boyeejay: 11:24am On Sep 25, 2022
lecoeur:
If I were in your shoes, first thing I'll consider is if she's married, if she's married I won't go but if she isn't that's when I will consider going.
Anyway I advice you hold your cash too if you're going in case she'll seem to be a problematic person and I hope you're not a lazy person sha...
As for ASUU na God go punish FG.
Lol she's not married yet.
I'm actually the least person you can call lazy.
I don't think she's problematic although she sounded strict on the phone but you can never tell, I'm a very unproblematic person myself so I can deal with that.
As for the cash, I could pay for my trip myself comfortably.
Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by waleyp(m): 11:28am On Sep 25, 2022
Final year and you will want to risk that to start afresh in Ghana not? Come on think twice...don't do what you will regret later... Better finish what you started... If na uk or any European countries that would have been nice....finish ur school first Ghana can wait you

8 Likes

Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by Boyeejay: 11:36am On Sep 25, 2022
waleyp:
Final year and you will want to risk that to start afresh in Ghana not? Come on think twice...don't do what you will regret later... Better finish what you started... If na uk or any European countries that would have been nice....finish ur school first Ghana can wait you
Seriously I wish I could round up everything now cos aside Ghana I have other plans, my uncle even asked if there's a way I could round up with a private uni but there's obviously no way.
This ASUU is causing a lot.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 25, 2022
You're in final year already man. I suggest you finish. undecided
Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by Ganjafama(m): 12:19pm On Sep 25, 2022
You want abandon your University education for an uncertain future in ghana. That's a bad idea. Wait for the strike to be called off and complete your education. If you intend traveling to Ghana, go there with your degree and pursue a Masters. Going there to start afresh is not a wise decision.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by LadySarah: 12:27pm On Sep 25, 2022
Why are y'all talking like Ghana isn't the next country ?I wager you've been idle and your mom tried to keep you busy.

You can go and work for her not starting afresh and when Assu calls off the strike you come home and finish up .You are even in final year and can run things your way .Are you even aware that some of your coursemates are already building businesses while you are waiting for ASsu?

Pls go and get busy,when it is called off,you adjust your schedule to fit your "important" classes.
Ppl go to and from Nigeria to Ghana every 3 days.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by tamcamp253: 12:50pm On Sep 25, 2022
Go to Ghana for works first then as for school just tell her to hold on and see if ASUU call off the strike,

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by Boyeejay: 12:51pm On Sep 25, 2022
LadySarah:
Why are y'all talking like Ghana isn't the next country ?I wager you've been idle and your mom tried to keep you busy.

You can go and work and when Assu calls off the strike you come home and finish up .You are even in final year and can run things your way .Are you even aware that some of your coursemates are already building businesses while you are waiting for ASsu?

Pls go and get busy,when it is called off,you adjust your schedule to fit your "important" classes.
Ppl go to and from Nigeria to Ghana every 3 days.
It's not about been idle, the only reason I even got a job during the strike was to be leaving the house, had to stop cos it's affecting my main source of income.
By now I should have been at my mom's country if I was done with this degree and that has been my own plan.
My Mom just feels there are more opportunities for me there in Ghana than Nigeria and deep down I know what I tend to gain if I make this move.
Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by Richy4(m): 3:03pm On Sep 25, 2022

<< Confirm/ hear from them first hand that they wanted you to come.. So that it won't sound like hearsay..
<< Ask them for the university that u will be enrolling there and confirm from the institution the possibility of accepting direct entry students so that you can start making arrangements for transcripts...
<< This world is full of risk.. but there are certain risk that you need to open your eyes wide, look left and right before you dream about taking them..
Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by Boyeejay: 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2022
Richy4:

<< Confirm/ hear from them first hand that they wanted you to come.. So that it won't sound like hearsay..
<< Ask them for the university that u will be enrolling there and confirm from the institution the possibility of accepting direct entry students so that you can start making arrangements for transcripts...
<< This world is full of risk.. but there are certain risk that you need to open your eyes wide, look left and right before you dream about taking them..
I heard directly from the Woman yesterday, the only thing left now is for me to accept.
Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by Helpout12345: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2022
1. Don't abandon your university education in Nigeria at that stage.
2. You can go to Ghana to work but no need to enroll in university for now. Just go there and work.
3. As soon as ASUU suspends their strike action, come back to Nigeria to complete your studies.

Good luck to you.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by waleyp(m): 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2022
Sorry about that just make the right choice for yourself
Boyeejay:

Seriously I wish I could round up everything now cos aside Ghana I have other plans, my uncle even asked if there's a way I could round up with a private uni but there's obviously no way.
This ASUU is causing a lot.
Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by Acidosis(m): 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2022
The strike will be called off this year. You can go to Ghana for recreational purposes but I don't see the point going there for work. How much do you think you can save in Ghana in 2-3 months, with food inflation rate of over 33%? You will save more working in Chicken Republic in Lagos. A better option would be to stay back and learn a skill.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by Advision: 11:17pm On Sep 25, 2022
Boyeejay:
I'll be 20 by year end, a final year student but been at home due to the ASUU strike.
There's this cousin of my mom's who resided with us for some time during our stay in my mom's country. She's in ghana now with a big eatery (I've checked it on Google) and other investments doing well for herself, my mom have been in touch with her and have asked her if I could come over to her place and if possible work too. Her cousin welcomed the idea and also asked that I should ensure I'm with all my academic .....

You want to drop out of school in your final year to work in an eatery in Ghana?

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by Boyeejay: 11:22pm On Sep 25, 2022
Advision:

You want to drop out of school in your final year to work in an eatery in Ghana?
I didn't state that I'll be working at an eatery boss. I just need to further my life and this could be an opportunity.
Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by mespusinglez(m): 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Mom Said I Should Go To Her Sis In Ghana by frozen70(f): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2022
Boyeejay:
There's this cousin of my mom's who resided with us for some time during our stay in my mom's country. She's in ghana now with a big eatery (I've checked it on Google) and other investments doing well for herself, my mom have been in touch with her and have asked her if I could come over to her place and if possible work too. Her cousin welcomed the idea and also asked that I should ensure I'm with all my academic credentials cos she'll like to put me in school too and also will also sponsor my trip to her place.
Now me I'm confused because I feel ASUU would call off this strike any moment and considering my level in school already I'll like to continue but on the other side this isn't a bad idea too.
Please NL I need your various inputs on this matter let me weigh my options.

I. Will advise you go there for a visit pending when the strike will be called off then you come back to finish your schooling

When you graduate, after service you can go there and do your Master degree if you think it is easy for someone to tell you that she will sponsor your education in Ghana

What makes you think it's going to be 100% possible without having issues with here

More so she is not your mother or direct siblings

Finish school here and hold the certificate before going anywhere, so that you don't miss both education

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Five Factors For A Phenomenal Family / Can You Be A Full Time House Wife? / Briton, Neil Crampton, Sentenced For Murdering Nigerian Wife & Two Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.