Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help (20303 Views)

I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / RE: 4 Out Of 5 Pastors Said She Is My Wife, But We Dont See Eye To Eye / Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by klimkid: 9:02am On Jun 24, 2023
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married.

One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it.

So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy.

There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work.

He said marriage is a decision both of us will take and pray about it.

He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship.

Guys, have you experienced this before? What do you think? I am confused.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by taylor89(m): 9:02am On Jun 24, 2023
Pastor dey eye your babe

I don’t believe in pastor dictating life partners

Now that’s where dating or courtship comes in

If you date a babe for at least two years you should know half of her dos & donts

You should know your cash inflow or bankruptcy within those two years

You should know if she ever missed her period

You should know what to expect

Yeah I know women hide so much of their character while dating

But you sef go set standards of who you’re while in relationship make she know say if marriage happens there are some Shiits you can’t take

No let any pastor wine you just weigh your gains and loss during courtship

92 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by siofragspot: 9:02am On Jun 24, 2023
undecided

There are many topics here on Nairaland about such relationship/ marriage issues

Op you and your partner should pray directly to God, instead of looking for a doom sayer to ruin your relationship.

How many pastors and Imams have lied to the the world that Tinubu will not become President? Now see President Tinubu dancing Emi Lo Kan with world leaders of different countries

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Blackskinned: 9:05am On Jun 24, 2023
Op you'll have to use your head cos you will be given numerous contradicting advice.

I will also advise you ask your girlfriends what she wants.
But don't take my advice serious, I'm just a single guy.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by klimkid: 9:08am On Jun 24, 2023
What do you think?
siofragspot:
undecided

There are many topics here on Nairaland about such relationship/ marriage issues
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by siofragspot: 9:13am On Jun 24, 2023
klimkid:
What do you think?

I think you should believe in your dreams and make them a reality. Fake pastors and imams everywhere, especially in Africa

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Kudman: 9:14am On Jun 24, 2023
Ok
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Candidlady: 9:14am On Jun 24, 2023
Keep looking for people that will pray for you to know if your marriage will work or not

Naija people sef

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by TsbAfrica: 9:15am On Jun 24, 2023
You don't meet the specifications that her mother wants for her daughter, those pastors are only affirming her inner desires as that is how they can siphon her money... I don't think you re close to her people too and I don't think you are "rich"in the typical longer throat sense that Nigerians have come to deem as the most important part of finding a man to marry. And I won't blame the mother too becasue in the world of today, love is useless without the means to express it.

If you are not financially setup to thrive I will totally support the mother and if I was her father I will not even want to hear anything like marriage. Knowing what I know now. But yet again I don't know you and I might me absolutely off the mark

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by klimkid: 9:16am On Jun 24, 2023
Yeah, we both have both good and bad dreams too. Sometimes when we quarrel we have the bad ones.
siofragspot:

I think you should believe in your dreams and make them a reality. Fake pastors and imams everywhere, especially in Africa

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by klimkid: 9:17am On Jun 24, 2023
I am not broke my guy
TsbAfrica:
You don't meet the specifications that her mother wants for her daughter, those pastors are only affirming her inner desires as that is how they can siphon her money... I don't think you re close to her people too and I don't think you are "rich"in the typical longer throat sense that Nigerians have come to deem as the most important part of finding a man to marry. And I won't blame the mother too becasue in the world of today, love is useless without the means to express it.

If you are not financially setup to thrive I will totally support the mother and if I was her father I will not even want to hear anything like marriage. Knowing what I know now. But yet again I don't know you and I might me absolutely off the mark

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Stevenbright(m): 9:51am On Jun 24, 2023
klimkid:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married. One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it. So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy. There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work. He said marriage is a decision both of us will take and pray about it. He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship. Guys, have you experienced this before? What do you think? I am confused.

You don't need anybody to tell you if your marriage will work or not.

There are only two people that can make it work and that is you and her except there is something out of the ordinary!

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Ever8090: 9:53am On Jun 24, 2023
It is you that want to be confused.... mtcheewww....no find money go marry your wife dey there dey listen to some idiot pastors

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by eyinjuege: 10:18am On Jun 24, 2023
That's how people make mistakes.
You will leave the person you know and understand their behaviour to go and marry someone you've just met in 3 months
Later, you start wailing about no peace in the marriage, you start chatting your ex upandan
Both of you need to come together and agree on what you want, agree on locking out external forces in your union and agree on having a good marriage.
Let each other know your deal breakers, agree on how you want to be settling quarrel, agree on finances and children now.
All that noise about pastors, abeg they should shift

10 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by frozen70(f): 12:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
eyinjuege:
That's how people make mistakes.
You will leave the person you know and understand their behaviour to go and marry someone you've just met in 3 months
Later, you start wailing about no peace in the marriage, you start chatting your ex upandan
Both of you need to come together and agree on what you want, agree on locking out external forces in your union and agree on having a good marriage.
Let each other know your deal breakers, agree on how you want to be settling quarrel, agree on finances and children now.
All that noise about pastors, abeg they should shift
klimkid:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for 3 years now and it's about time we start planning on getting married. One thing I no for sure is that she loves me and I do love her too. Recently, she told me that her mom went to some churches and they told her it won't work, about 3 pastors. But my girlfriend told her friend to tell her pastor to pray about it. So he prayed about it and he gave us feedback after 3 days and he said the marriage will work, he said I will give my girlfriend peace, take care of her and make her happy. There's a woman that prays for me here in Lagos, she said there is nothing wrong with both of us. I also called my Rev. Father and he said that nobody has the right to say the person is for this person or the marriage won't work. He said marriage is a decision both of us will take and pray about it. He said hence we love ourselves so much, should leave it for God and continue with our relationship. Guys, have you experienced this before? What do you think? I am confused.

The moment you start going to pastors and those prophets
You will hardly get a positive outcome from what you went there for
The next thing they will program your mind to do their bidding

But if two of you goes to God with prayers, you will get positive response immediately

You are a catholic, go to the blessed sacrament, God is waiting for you to make your heart desire prayer request there

23 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Ishilove: 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2023
God is not a author of confusion. You sef pray on your own and stop depending on people

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Sonnobax15(m): 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
lipsrsealed
Tho I've not experienced a similar thing before,but I surely know that no man born of a woman can dictate for me who to marry and who not to marry undecided.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Nazgul: 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2023
Africans and religion.

If both of you geninuely love each other, and are compatible with each other, please ignore every negativity from any so called pastor and marry her.

Most pastors judge a potential suitor based on his tribe, his financial status, his activeness in church activities and his ability to give them gifts.

If you're extremely generous to your girlfriends pastor, even if you're a Yahoo boy, he'll tell her that God has spoken to him that you're her husband. That's how most of these new generational Pentecostal pastors behave.

Marriage was designed for the man to find the woman, not for them to run to any pastor for confirmation. If you love her go ahead and meet her parents and tell them your intentions.

11 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Vision101(m): 12:46am On Jun 25, 2023
Leave the ochanja pastors. True pastors are trained not to matchmake.

Why? Marriage is a voluntary union for life between a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others. The exclusion clause includes pastors.

What I advise intending couples to do is to pray and make sure they play down emotions. I pray with them and ask God to direct them.

I will never recommend or disapprove anyone even if God speaks to me. I don't want anyone to hold me responsible for anything.

Marriage matter dey too deep.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Kobojunkie: 1:49am On Jun 25, 2023
klimkid:
God washed His hands off the choosing of partners for men back in the beginning - Genesis 3 vs 16 - after Adam all but fingers God for blame for His giving Him Eve for a wife. So all of this chasing after pastors and prophets when you and your fiance are instead supposed to focus all of your attention on making sure you are both of right fit for each other no concern God at all. So this one wey you two dey do na "telling stories". Look ,go out there and find out facts about how so many others have been deceived by the same prophets and pastors in marriage. undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by bigdammyj: 11:25am On Jun 25, 2023
Noted.
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by AImiron: 11:26am On Jun 25, 2023
The pastor dey cut her work or intend to

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by ugbarreta(m): 11:27am On Jun 25, 2023
Hmmmmn. Odikwa egwu

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by yetmao: 11:27am On Jun 25, 2023
If you are going to have a mother-in-law like that, the marriage will not work.

pastor whose marriage is not working will now be telling you about your own

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by dyera(m): 11:28am On Jun 25, 2023
angry

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Obakoolex(m): 11:29am On Jun 25, 2023
undecided Because you're broke bro.

No lady's mom will say that to a governor's son grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by ppogba: 11:29am On Jun 25, 2023
Seeking for an advice on relationship or marriage from pastors is like asking economists for their opinion on any economic problem.

Two economists will give you three opinions on two economic problem.

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by ucee64(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2023
The rev father gave you the best answer.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by ucee64(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2023
..hh
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Skillsnigeria: 11:31am On Jun 25, 2023
Hmmm
Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by Gbenga4ever1411: 11:31am On Jun 25, 2023
If you both love each other abeg go ahead and pray 🙏 to GOD about it. leave all this naysayers

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help by GOVERNORR: 11:32am On Jun 25, 2023
The sees it that you are not monitarily rich now.. she's a gold digger

Make money and see how her mom will try to fvck you too

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Marry Against Your Parents' Wishes? / Should A Woman Sacrifice Her Dreams For Her Marriage? / Kenyan Man Detonates 5 Petrol Bombs In His House After Accusing Wife Of Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.