Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. (3895 Views)

Lagos To Construct Additional Pedestrian Bridge At Ojota / Obasanjo Awarded $841.6m Rail Project Without Mou –chinese Firm / David Mark Campaign Rice, Salt Flood Otukpo, To Construct Four Roads Before Xmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe2: 10:44pm On Aug 16, 2011
PointB:

He should do something already. Most governors has blazed the trail already. While Aregbesola is waiting for the rain and now the Chinese. Didn't he planned to be governor? Why is taking so much time to get moving,  and doing? Na wa ooo. This Aregbesola self! If he is incompetent he should resign. I am sure there  better people in his party/state. This sort of slow motion is not good, whether from GEJ/PDP or Rauf/ACN.

You should show us these governors and the Trail they are "blazing" . The bias from some of you is as ugly as Medusa and toxic like arsenic !!! Below , Uduaghan is employing a suspected murderer to a Government job while, in contrast,  Amosun, Aregbesola and Ajimobi have all received commendation for the calibre of folks they have employed to serve their States !!!!! Other Nigerian Governors are doing the same as Uduaghan and worse . We are certainly not seeing "most Governors , bar Amaechi and Chime, blazing any trail" as you lie they do to make room for your deceitful argument.

We wont see you on the thread below , concerning "trail blazer" Uduaghan , yet ,like white on rice, you are automatically in any thread where Amosun, Ajimobi or Aregbesola so much as scratch their forehead in public. Your contribution will always be negative as well !!!

Please show us other Governors "blazing" the trail enough to make Aregbesola , 9 months in office, worthy of the unholy focus of you and your co-travellers . Show us the "trail blazing" wonders Peter Obi, Uduaghan, Theodore Orji, Silva, Liyel Imoke, Elechi et al are performing . How some of you can come here to lie just to show up the SW Governors is simply beyond me !!! You get on the back of Amosun, Ajimobi and co to the extent that Non-Nigerians reading this forum can be forgiven for thinking these guys are the only Governors in Nigeria !!! One would think , from how you and your buddies talk, that Aregbesola, Amosun and Ajimobi are leading their State far worse than other Governors from other regions are doing . Alas , this is not the reality or the truth is it ?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-737365.0.html
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe2: 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2011
Beaf:

Aregbesola only chose his commissioners like a week ago after spending almost a year living in Lagos and junketting to China. cry
Now he wants to build Chinese roads almost year after taking office. Its like comedy.

The latest from the man is that he claims he wasn't elected to pay workers. I really really pity Osun state; they deserve much better.

Please save your pity for folks in your neck of the woods. They need it far more than a people who are happy with their Governor so far. Aregbesola enjoys the 100% backing of his people. That is more than can be said for most Governors . The good folks of Osun don't need you taking painkillers for imaginary pain conjured , on their behalf, in the recesses of your mischief addled brain . Rather, pay more attention to your corner of Nigeria and the many indolent Governors doing nada apart from shoving cocaine up their nose and employing their murder suspect buddies to influential office.

Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Beaf: 11:37pm On Aug 16, 2011
Gbawe.:

Please save your pity for folks in your neck of the woods. They need it far more than a people who are happy with their Governor so far. Aregbesola enjoys the 100% backing of his people. That is more than can be said for most Governors . The good folks of Osun don't need you taking painkillers for imaginary pain conjured , on their behalf, in the recesses of your mischief addled brain . Rather, pay more attention to your corner of Nigeria and the many indolent Governors doing nada apart from shoving cocaine up their nose and employing their murder suspect buddies to influential office.

Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap dia!!

I will comment on any state in Nigeria as I wish, you bigot. Aregbesola is bloody useless, it is shameless people like you that go about propping all sorts of scarecrows with spurious arguments, only to turn up your noses at other governors, because they are not from your state or ethnic group.

When did it become a crime to condemn useless leaders in Nigeria, because I'm not from their state? What a disgraceful and closed-minded position to take, there can be very few things less idiotic than such; maybe it should go in the guiness book of records if theres a section for bigotry.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by EkoIle1: 4:51am On Aug 17, 2011
Beats me why people pay attention to this useless and juvenile swamp rat. I mean, look at his role models, they are all crooks, international criminals, convicts, looters, con men and losers.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe2: 7:32am On Aug 17, 2011
Beaf:

Sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrap dia!!

I will comment on any state in Nigeria as I wish, you bigot. Aregbesola is bloody useless, it is shameless people like you that go about propping all sorts of scarecrows with spurious arguments, only to turn up your noses at other governors, because they are not from your state or ethnic group.

When did it become a crime to condemn useless leaders in Nigeria, because I'm not from their state? What a disgraceful and closed-minded position to take, there can be very few things less idiotic than such; maybe it should go in the guiness book of records if theres a section for bigotry.

Suwegbe . better stick with your science thingymijigg  because you are , aside being a scoundrel,  thoroughly clueless and hopeless . A totally irredeemable basket case.  Same goes for your co-travellers like Johndoe, PointB et al.

You have become such a clown that you cannot even note that you are talking about yourself below:

it is shameless people like you that go about propping all sorts of scarecrows with spurious arguments, 

You "propped up" and hyped the greatest Scarecrow of them all , with an undoubted career of abject mediocrity (GEJ), yet you have the nerve to take on a leader (Aregbesola) with a tangible record in public office. Self delusion mixed with 'craze' na dangerous combo !!
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by ndahbros1: 9:47am On Aug 17, 2011
the road to my street is riddled with pot holes and is virtually impassable when there is the slightest drizzle.as it stands, it doesnt matter to me who comes to the rescue to do it, chinese, ukrainians,philippines,or even guineans.what we need is for the job to be done.china is not where they are today for nothing.they shd be allowed to do roads if they can deliver.after all, in Rivers State, I have never seen any road that was newly-built that lasted for more than 3 months before u see the roads cracking.the road the governor awarded to serve his hometown just scatter-scatter anyhow in less than 6 months and he had to order it cordoned off.was it the chinese that did the road?
una like better at all?
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by ndahbros1: 9:57am On Aug 17, 2011
@ Beaf: u are just a product of long years of deprivation.u see nothing good in wat others do even when the truth stares u in the face.u are more at home with looter-Governors.that is d language u understand and identify wit.u feel bad dat any1 can dare 2 depart from the status quo which has defined our existence as a nation and circumscribed our relationship wit our leaders.u find it utterly incomprehensible dat a Gov can be people-oriented,probably cos u hv come 2 see bad governance as a way of life.Pity u!u are just like the pig that can not exist in a clean environment,havin been sired and brought up in filth.if Rauf is not doing wel,what practical suggestions can that defeated brain of urs tink up as a substitute for his programmes?does ur genius lie only in condemning d good intentions of others?how is ur state faring?my happiness is that ur views mean nothing to wat the man is doing, so u can go take a plunge in the lagoon.Loser!
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe: 10:22am On Aug 17, 2011
ndahbros1:

the road to my street is riddled with pot holes and is virtually impassable when there is the slightest drizzle.as it stands, it doesnt matter to me who comes to the rescue to do it, chinese, ukrainians,philippines,or even guineans.what we need is for the job to be done.[b]china is not where they are today for nothing.[/b]they shd be allowed to do roads if they can deliver.after all, in Rivers State, I have never seen any road that was newly-built that lasted for more than 3 months before u see the roads cracking.the road the governor awarded to serve his hometown just scatter-scatter anyhow in less than 6 months and he had to order it cordoned off.was it the chinese that did the road?
una like better at all?

Thank you my brother !!! Folks should go and see the high quality work Chinese Construction firms are doing in African Cities where African leaders , unlike those in Nigeria, have not colluded with unscrupulous elements to subvert the ethos of "quality first" .

Who should Aregbesola approach ? Bi-Courtney? Rockford Engineering or Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello's new start up company called "come and chop" limited? It is so tragic that there is so much functional illiteracy amongst even the so called educated Nigerians.

It is highly ignorant for anyone not to understand what is unique about the business mentality of the Chinese . They are like a blank canvas in that they do not dictate to anyone . Rather they give you what you want or what your budget pays for . If we ourselves are guilty of cutting corners , why seek to blame those who only oblige us in our myopically self-destructive efforts? I have driven along completed sections of strategic roads , like the Mallam via Lapaz to Tetteh Quarshie road, being constructed by Chinese firms in Accra . I can say that these roads are superb . Easily as good as anything I have experienced in the UK or USA !!!! I know precisely where Aregbesola is coming from and indeed he singled this out with this:

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=18932

and I emphasized that if China could designed their environment the way we have seen it, if they are going to do any work for us, our quality and standard will not be less.

Folks should just quit with the ignorant and childish mischief . It is getting tiresome. Those who know what obtains on ground today , across West Africa, will understand instinctively what Aregbesola is doing and the model of development he is following .
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by vanariso(m): 12:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
Aregbesola has a fantastic track record. For 8 good years He single handedly kept Tinubu on a performance level beyond other governors of his time. He was a commissioner for works for 8 years in Lagos. A great ACN party member that made all PDP member shiver whenever in debate. No be mouth, I am a witness. If any other thing, he will deliver in Osun state especially on infrastructure. He is not one of those Inisa military junta and deputy who drinks away the time of the state and fund. U dont want to compare him with Olagunsoye oyinlola who went to china to bring used cars and impose it on all LGs as full deduction from their allocation. Atleast ,Aregbe ( we that know him call him SYMBOL) brought in experts that will finish the job at low cost and use local workers.
Thats what Lagos state has been doing. Chinko will complete the job at low cost but a bit longer .atleast not local contractors who will not finish the job cos he has to settle every body( situation in the east).

Like Tinubu said"at SYMBOL's inauguration, "I Know Rauf, He will Deliver, He will do the job. But you have too give him time cos they- former govnr- have spoilt and created a lot of mishap."
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by martinosi: 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2011
demoheart:

ROFLAMO!!! China man is now building roads in Nigeria, what haapened
to the 10 mega highway they were building in Lagos lol!
I keep on coming back  to nigeria every year and they never seem to complete it,

^^^^^Then you most be sleeping whenever you enter LAGOS!!!
Please!! think b4 you hard comment,  angry

Dont flatter yourself, they have not completed anything, Stop defending people that dont give a rats as** about you,
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe: 1:40pm On Aug 17, 2011
martinosi:

Dont flatter yourself, they have not completed anything, Stop defending people that dont give a rats as** about you,

My brother, lets do away with the sentiments. We don't need anyone to love us or care about us. We only need our Country developed while some want to make some money helping us achieve this. Both considerations can be accommodated alongside each other i.e the Chinese , even if "they don't give a rat as** about us" , can be supervised and deployed sincerely to can help us achieve infrastructural development.

Go and see what Chinese construction firms are doing in other African nation where there is sincerity of purpose. You will immediately agree that local collusion and unpatriotic greed plays a big part in anything that has gone on so far with the conduct of Chinese Construction firms in Nigeria. Has the current revelation about our privatisation sector not shown you anything? Has it not shown that our lack of progress is self-inflicted ?
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Beaf: 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2011
^
Poor thing! You will soon blow up defending a scoundrel. I wonder if anybody has done the math on how much he has spent galivanting to globe, while relegating his state to only three days of his time per month? LOLZZZ!!!!

Of course, he is waiting for the dry season to build a couple of Chinese bushpaths. We know his type, all air to deserve the less intelligent.

What a pity!
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by dayokanu(m): 4:14pm On Aug 17, 2011
Aregbesola can travel out and come back to his State while James Onanefe Ibori has become a fugitive running from Dubai to London.

Is Uduaghan the greatest rogue in Nigeria not the governor? Like Governor like Commisioner

Do you expect anything more from Iboris protege.

A state that has a former governor cooling down in jail What a shame.

Delta state deserve better than all these PDP nonsense.

Maybe they would do well to get Chinese contractors in Delta state as well.

What a slap on the illustrious sons and daughters of Delta that their leaders are either thieves, Pickpockets and Murderers
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe: 4:43pm On Aug 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Aregbesola can travel out and come back to his State while James Onanefe Ibori has become a fugitive running from Dubai to London.

Is Uduaghan the greatest rogue in Nigeria not the governor? Like Governor like Commisioner

What a slap on the illustrious sons and daughters of Delta that their leaders are either thieves, Pickpockets and Murderers

Beaf, Johndoe, PointB and other mischief makers have no shame . It is very convenient to ignore the many election riggers, human rights abusers, looters , misrulers and imbecilic reprobates in their corner to supplant focus on a man who, along an outstanding record as a commissioner, enjoys the 100% support of the electorate . The mischief makers should deploy more time crying for the people in their region, like the good folks of Bayelsa, who don't deserve the leaders they have .

The shamelessness of Beaf knows no bounds with how some of the most wickedly inhuman Governors (eg Uduaghan ,Sylva et al) are from his region yet he ignores them to spends every waking second dreaming of how he will convince Nigerians that the leader they have always known for his decency, hardwork and pro-people leaning (Aregbesola) is now an "evil dictator". Fools can lap all that rubbish up but google can quickly show the history of Aregbesola in comparison to that of Sylva, Uduaghan and Imoke. It then becomes clear , even to a slowpoke, that Beaf and co are simply unintelligent mischief makers and paid rabble rousers.

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2277:bayelsa-2012-why-governor-timipre-sylva-must-go&catid=59:sabella-ogbobode-abidde&Itemid=81

From the moment he came into office, Timipre Sylva has done nothing but engage in acts and pronouncements that ridicule the people and the state. His interview with CNN is one such moment. The broadcast shows a man who is oblivious to micro and macro economic policies; a man who does not understand what development is, but instead, engages in and propagates voodoo and voodoo economics. In less than 30 months of being in office, the state is broke. Bankrupt. Available data shows that the state is neck-deep in debt, estimated at 300 billion naira. So, what’s the point of a second term?

Here is a man who also promotes mediocrity: The best and brightest minds -- men and women who should be encouraged to engage in development -- are either shunned or sent into political exile. His political philosophy is simple. He preaches, in the manner of Fascist Benito Mussolini: “O con noi o contro di noi”: You’re either with us or against us There is no middle ground. His praise-singers and/or those who obey his wish and command enjoy government patronage; his critics and those with dissenting opinion are left to rot, or drown.

Whatever opposition there are against him and his administration, are in the estimation of the majority, timely, desirable and well-deserved. Instead of judiciously carrying out his duties and responsibilities, he has resorted to survival strategies that are unbecoming of any decent man or woman. Instead of doing what’s best for the state, he courts outside powerhouses. Instead of being responsible to the people of the state, he is responsible to dark angels within the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Nigerians know President Yar’Adua’s wife as Turai Yar'Adua. But not so for Timipre Sylva, who refers to her as Mommy. He genuflects, he bows sheepishly, he trembles, he showers her with whatever he thinks will warm him to her political heart. He does all these and much for her and for many others within the PDP so as to secure a secured position during the PDP primary and eventual election. He does all these, and engages in corrupting acts, instead of doing what is right and proper for the state and for the people.

In the last couple of years, the Ijaw have blamed the federal government for the lack of development in their area. Without equivocations, their complaints are well-founded. Their grievances are legitimate and must be adequately addressed. That said, we the Ijaw must also hold our leaders responsible for the things they have done poorly and also for those things they have failed to do -- things that would have benefitted the vast majority of the people: provision of useful infrastructures, potable water, quality education and healthcare, network of roads and the enactment and execution of laws and public policies that lifts the majority of our people out of misery and poverty.

We have not done these. The Governors and governments of Bayelsa State, since its inception in 1996, have not done these. Not in any measurable way. And more so since 1999, with billions and billions in revenue and federal allocations, nothing substantial and enriching has been achieved. We cannot continue to fault the federal government for our woes and state of underdevelopment if our political elites and leaders are indifferent to the human, economic, political, cultural and social development of the people.

And so, whatever political opposition is there against the Governor must be assiduously encouraged. We therefore encourage opposition from the technocrats. We encourage opposition from retired military and police officers. We encourage opposition from “saintly politicians.” We indeed encourage opposition from all well-meaning indigenes of the state.  We have had enough of this senselessness. We believe that Governor Timipre Sylva Must Go! We cannot allow, and must not allow four more years of waste, of corruption, of stagnation and decay. We must turn back the Bayelsa Ship as it roves towards calamity and damnation.

To say that the budding opposition against Mr. Timipre Sylva is sectional is not only untrue, it is divisive and irresponsible. When the primaries and the eventual election in the state were rigged, it was rigged by Ijaw from all parts of Ijaw land. Now that there is a concerted move to deny him a second term in office, Ijaw from all sections of the Ijaw Nation are involved. In view of the aforesaid, only agents of destruction would contend that the opposition against the governor is rooted in sectional politics. Only those who do not aspire to good governance and to collective and personal responsibility would propagate core/non-core politics.

We the Ijaw -- from Ondo to Lagos through Delta and Bayelsa, and through Rivers State and Akwa Ibom, have common history and common ancestry. Ethnographically, we have the Arogbo, the Apoi and the Andoni Ijaw. We have the Kalabari, the Okrika, the Opobo, and the Nembe Ijaw; we also have our Bonny, Brass and Bomadi brethrens. In all of these, we have a common heritage, common language, common culture, common life experiences and common destiny. We know what is good for us -- one being the denial of Timipre Sylva a second term in office.  He is a liability, a burden. He Must Go!

Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Beaf: 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2011
^
You must be a corrupt cow defending a crook.
Please sum up how much AregbeRASCAL has spent on foreign flights, while doing ZILCH, waiting for dry season and spending only 3 days a month in his state.
Abeg, tell us when he finally accepts that he is responsible for paying the Osun state workers he is claiming he wasn't elected to pay.

What a bloody disgrace!

dayokanu:

I thought you bigots didn't allow talking about governors of states that aint theirs? shocked
What a bunch of jackarses!

You will find out that in Ibori's case, several petitions were written to the EFCC by Delta State Council of Elders; several newspaper publications and entrities to those in power were made. Thats how responsible citizens behave.

Now please, explain the mysterious levels of iresponsibility from AregbeRASCAL, who is building "Chinese" roads in the sky.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe: 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2011
Beaf:

^
You must be a corrupt cow defending a crook.
Please sum up how much AregbeRASCAL has spent on foreign flights, while doing ZILCH, waiting for dry season and spending only 3 days a month in his state.
Abeg, tell us when he finally accepts that he is responsible for paying the Osun state workers he is claiming he wasn't elected to pay.

You are just a 'broken record' saying the same thing over and over again. No worries. Some of us will simply keep reminding you that it is only simpletons who can gobble up your amateur and nonsensical attempt at spin. You can talk about foreign trips, dry season and 3 days all you want. Far more serious issues of misrule confront those in your neck of the woods . Please stay here talking idiotically about how much Aregbesola has spent on travel while Sylva, Uduaghan and Imoke , as some of the most corrupt Governors in Nigeria, continue to blatantly cart billions out of their respective state Coffers.

Only dolts will see any sense in your feverish, perverse and pathetic pursuit of Aregbesola while you ignore the many thugs leading Nigerian states. Abeg go and concentrate on the tout leading your state. Or are you collecting 'pay' from him too as you are doing with GEJ?  Or is it that , as a transparent and not-so-smart bigot lacking subtlety, you prefer to see the speck in the eyes of others while you miss the boulder in yours?  wink wink
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2011
Delta State that produced people like Pat utomi, Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia, The Ibru Conglomerates etc

That state surely should be top 3 in the nation in terms of Human resources

But being ruled by James on-the-run Ibori Passed over to his comrade/cousin in thieving Emmanuel Uduaghan now ruled by suspected murderers What a Shame embarassed embarassed embarassed

I weep for Deltans cos I know what potentials this State has. cry cry cry

Even the neighbours from Bayelsa after surving the plague of Kleptomaniac Alamieyeiseigha, his looting deputy and wife Odechukwu Reetardeen Jonathan are now in the hands of Timi Sylva

I know Bayelsa is Classified as an Educationally Less developed State so might be excused on the Human resources aspect

But Delta State that used to have the highest cut off in National Common Entrance of those days Now changing batons from Thief Ibori, Uduaghan and now murderers.

Maybe if Anini was alive he would have had a shot at Asaba Government House, Monday osunbor too at least Ibori and Uduaghan are no better
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Beaf: 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Delta State that produced people like Pat utomi, Tony Elumelu, Jim Ovia, The Ibru Conglomerates etc

. . .And NONE like AregbeRASCAL!
Unu go wound small pikin o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/493573_ROFLMAO_gif160cac557c463dbfce44052002f9d454
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by dayokanu(m): 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2011
Sure Aregbe is a governor

Ibori was a governor destined for Jail, Uduaghan is combing the whole country for criminals to empower, Definitely Jail awaits him too.

ODEughan might have a job for Osisikankwu and Anini sef.

Just like Odechukwu retardeen empowered the likes of Boyloaf, John Togo, Henry Okah etc

Sure no one like Aregbesola

www.nairaland.com/attachments/493573_ROFLMAO_gif160cac557c463dbfce44052002f9d454
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Beaf: 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2011
dayokanu:

Sure no one like Aregbesola

You got that right! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by jmaine: 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2011
vanariso:

Aregbesola has a fantastic track record. For 8 good years He single handedly kept Tinubu on a performance level beyond other governors of his time.

The emboldened part is pure bullshit . . . .stick to the rest of your points and don't bring this line up again . . .
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Natasha2(f): 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2011
hmm chinku road God abego save us  grin
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:40am On Aug 18, 2011
How many of you guys live in Osun State?

The nine months so far spent by Aregbesola as governor has not seen the wanton waste that was the showcase of the
Oyinlola years.

We in osun have seen a commodity deemed a rarity among our political class: Compassion! Aregbe, I'm sure, will deliver.
At least the beer parlours and pepper soup joints now have fewer SUVs with government plates gracing them every night!

Mehn! You should've been in Osogbo to see how PDP goons were living! Guns, Girls, weed, booze, all the works!
All that has disappeared overnight.

He kept the government as lean as possible for six months so it doesn't gulp money, and peeps here are jabbering about
him not appointing commissioners, while their state governors are appointing their sons as Special Advisers, pimps as
Executive Secretaries and their second-hand whores as commisioners!

How is Aregbe better than your governors?

By a whole lot!
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Nobody: 6:44am On Aug 18, 2011
How can ppl compare

1. Aregbesola vs Oyinlola

2. Fayemi vs Oni

3. Agagu vs Mimiko

4. Amosun vs Akala --> Not sure about this one

One by one, we're getting there, my people. Let's make another great choice come the next elections.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:10am On Aug 18, 2011
@ Ileke,

You mean Ajimobi Vs Akala

Amosun Vs OGD
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2011
Jeezuzpick:

How many of you guys live in Osun State?

The nine months so far spent by Aregbesola as governor has not seen the wanton waste that was the showcase of the
Oyinlola years.

We in osun have seen a commodity deemed a rarity among our political class: Compassion! Aregbe, I'm sure, will deliver.
At least the beer parlours and pepper soup joints now have fewer SUVs with government plates gracing them every night!

Mehn! You should've been in Osogbo to see how PDP goons were living! Guns, Girls, weed, booze, all the works!
All that has disappeared overnight.

He kept the government as lean as possible for six months so it doesn't gulp money, and peeps here are jabbering about
him not appointing commissioners, while their state governors are appointing their sons as Special Advisers, pimps as
Executive Secretaries and their second-hand whores as commisioners!

How is Aregbe better than your governors?

By a whole lot!

Thank god for people like you. This is why PDP anarchists and sycophants like Beaf, Johndoe and PointB must have their lies and biased attack against ACN administrators countered with facts by those on the ground and in the relevant States. Nairalanders , you have now all heard from the mouth of a citizen of Osun States. He makes it clear, as many of us have argued from knowing what is on the ground, that the people of Osun are happy with their leader. The people of Osun are optimistic . They are witnessing visible positive change after years of PDP brigandage . It would be sad , in this information age , for some to continue , like helpless babies, gobbling up the cheap spin and rudimentary mischief of a jobless waster like Beaf when we can get in touch with those who know what obtains on the ground.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by PointB: 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2011
Wonders will never end. Some people will go any length to defend a kleptomaniac, focusless, vision-less governor whose first major act after 9 months in office is to nominate commissioners! grin grin Then this major a$$ kissing, bootlicking individual will have us believe that the gallivanting  Aregbe, [b]SYMBOL [/b]of mediocrity, cluelessnesss personified, is better than Gov Orji .  grin grin grin grin grin Well, I am not surprise, that Aregbe is competing with Gov Orji for the position of most clueness governor. A fair contest if you ask me.  grin grin grin But for that fact that Governor Orji achieved  more in his first 9 months than the gallivanting  Aregbe, [b]SYMBOL [/b]of mediocrity, cluelessnesss personified, I give the award  to him - Aregbe. The first and only governor to spend 9 months trying to figure out who and who to  nominate as commissioner. I bet the commissioners, in similar fashion as their boss, will spend another 18 months trying to figure out the problem of Osun state, and another 2 years proposing solution. Like begets like.

At this rate Osun state is in deep mess. My sympathy to the people who will endure the tenure of the gallivanting  Aregbe, SYMBOL of mediocrity, cluelessnesss personified. But I am sure they will manage him for 4 years, after all he deserves it, after putting up a good fight to reclaim his mandate from the usurper. The thing with this kind of leadership, is that they developmental funds are left in the state coffers as evidence of their simplicity and transparency, while the state will remain stagnant - devoid of major development or infrastructural upgrade. I laugh in Aregbe,  grin grin grin

As for the a$$ kisser who would do anything possible to tie me to a party. I have news for you - to hell with PDP, ACN, CPC, APGA. Give me Chime, Rotimi, Rochas, Fashola minus Tinubu, and you have made my day!  Thereafter, you may continue to lick Aregbe and ACN's a$$, soon enough you will taste their pooh! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2011
PointB:

Wonders will never end. Some people will go any length to defend a kleptomaniac, focusless, vision-less governor whose first major act after 9 months in office is to nominate commissioners! grin grin Then this major a$$ kissing, bootlicking individual will have us believe that the gallivanting  Aregbe, [b]SYMBOL [/b]of mediocrity, cluelessnesss personified, is better than Gov Orji .  grin grin grin grin grin Well, I am not surprise, that Aregbe is competing with Gov Orji for the position of most clueness governor. A fair contest if you ask me.  grin grin grin But for that fact that Governor Orji achieved  more in his first 9 months than the gallivanting  Aregbe, [b]SYMBOL [/b]of mediocrity, cluelessnesss personified, I give the award  to him - Aregbe. The first and only governor to spend 9 months trying to figure out who and who to  nominate as commissioner. I bet the commissioners, in similar fashion as their boss, will spend another 18 months trying to figure out the problem of Osun state, and another 2 years proposing solution. Like begets like.

At this rate Osun state is in deep mess. My sympathy to the people who will endure the tenure of the gallivanting  Aregbe, SYMBOL of mediocrity, cluelessnesss personified. But I am sure they will manage him for 4 years, after all he deserves it, after putting up a good fight to reclaim his mandate from the usurper. The thing with this kind of leadership, is that they developmental funds are left in the state coffers as evidence of their simplicity and transparency, while the state will remain stagnant - devoid of major development or infrastructural upgrade. I laugh in Aregbe,  grin grin grin

As for the a$$ kisser who would do anything possible to tie me to a party. I have news for you - to hell with PDP, ACN, CPC, APGA. Give me Chime, Rotimi, Rochas, Fashola minus Tinubu, and you have made my day!  Thereafter, you may continue to lick Aregbe and ACN's a$$, soon enough you will taste their pooh!  grin grin grin grin grin

When you stop kissing Ojukwu's rotten azz, we'll talk. As for now, this your post is not only purely hypocritical, it's ismply garbage.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe: 8:57am On Aug 20, 2011
PointB:

Wonders will never end. Some people will go any length to defend a kleptomaniac, focusless, vision-less governor whose first major act after 9 months in office is to nominate commissioners!

My friend , take a hike . You, Beaf, Johndoe and others are ugly bigots . Pure and simple. No 'window dressing ' can hide that. You all focus , 24/7, on the SW States and ACN as if the South West administrators are incompetence personified when we all know this is[b] very, very far from the truth[/b]. Abeg go and contribute your own on the thread below where real sons of Delta make it known that the State is led by cold blooded killers and thugs.

Nothing similar is happening in Osun or any SW State under the ACN . In fact all the new ACN Governors (AMosun and Ajimobi) have gotten commendation for the calibre of folks they have employed to steer the affairs of their respective states. Aregbesola has also been praised for the high caliber of his Commissioners. Bayelsa, Delta, Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra and some States from your neck of the wood have far more "clueless" leadership than any[b] ACN-led [/b] SW State. That you are not raising threads about those states while you continue to have a hard-on about SW States, where citizens are happy with their leaders, show your motivation starkly .

Imagine comparing the petty pickpocket to mass murderer Al Capone. That is what folks like you are doing when you ignore States that have it far worse, as per leadership, to focus on States (SW) that are well led and will be models of leadership efficacy within a year. We saw Oshiomhole overcome his challenges to now be in a position where he is hailed "one of the best Governors in Nigeria" alongside Fashola. No ACN Governors will let the team down . You can take that to the bank and do your yourself a favour by desisting from wasting your own time with all the senseless threads you create about the SW. Only god knows where you are from (and I really don't care) but is it not ironic that your co-traveller Beaf who is from Delta can follow Aregbesola around shamelessly while killers, murderers and blood-sucking vampires run his State? Awon bigots jati-jati !!! E lo sho Igba yin !!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-738367.96.html

Okada Man wrote:

Kpogede and omen are not far from the truth, nor be today

No one has told the story of delta yet, una just dey start, the Ijaw itshekiri war of the 1990's only stopped because the killers were eventually convinced they can make more money from political arrangee. But the killing did not stop. Na only whole sale murder stop, retail still dey continue.

The oil companies fueled a lot of this things with their cunny cunny ways and they turned brothers against each other. The most painful for me is the breakdown of respect and human decency in the delta. They turned youth against community elders and destroyed our cultural arrangement.

The thugs, killers, murderers and hired assassins became champions in the creeks and on land. Boys drop respect for dem papa and uncles and started seeing these young killers as leaders. Oil money destroyed our people's culture for Creekside. It is a shame.

It will take a big catastrophe to stop these things, men don too put hand inside blood  and eyes don shook for money. It's like how they destroyed the black community in America with drug wars and gangsterism, delta belongs to killers now and young people are looking up to them. It is a shame!!!!!

Kpogede77 wrote:

@Omen 100
How pelele now? na some body we know you dey yan. I nor go call your real name. I know why you dey vex.
People like your brother Monday Asiaka, Agbari, Oghenebrorien, Sunday Ogba, Lucky Maku, Ijoba, Bando, etc are given recognition based on the number of people they have killed while Ajebutter like you who cannot hurt a fly is left in oblivion.
let me quickly remind you that these people got their recognition before Uduaghan government.
To put the record straight, it is a precedence created by the Warri crises which led to the election of Hon Ejele as the chairman of Warri north LG. He was elected based on his commitment to the deffence of itsekiri nation. He is the only chairman that goes to war front to fight to defend his people even though he has hundreds of millions in his account, he was not afraid to die for his people.
When I hear people shouting murderer here, I just laugh. At a time in Warri area, if you dont learn how to kill, some one else will use you to learn how to shoot. All the leaders you see today both from the Ijaw and Itsekiri axis have all killed at one time or the other. Most of them metamorphosed from tribal war comanders to political leaders. Some are ministers and senators.
Uduaghan is too soft to handle this situation, only a strong cultist like the river state capon can stop the trend in delta state 

Omen 100 wrote:

I have never or ever added a comment to any thread before but on this one, I thinked ihave somethings to say because this has to deal with directly. First, what ever photo's was displayed, was a true reflections of today's Delta State. I don't if it is the same in other states of the federation, i[b]t's only in Delta state you will a notorious thugs & killers, parading themselves as hero's & they will be celebrited, even the people go to them to seek. For arms, Beef, please call me a lier, then I will start mentioning name & maybe I will end-up calling your own real name.[/b] I leave all my youth age in Sapele but I have tour all the local government areas of delta when I was still Primary educational board, so mr.beef, there is no lies in all the pictures displayed here, even Ibori that was a known crook was never as worst as this clueless & visionless governor. It's high time we has Nigerians start placing things the way they are suppose to be placed. Thanks Nigerians.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by PointB: 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2011
^^^^
Whatever, I have said my own piece,, however you choose to defend the kleptomaniac personified, Aregbesola, is up to you. But those who continue to boot-lick, will eventually have a taste of raw pooh. It's a matter of time.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Beaf: 2:33pm On Aug 20, 2011
PointB:

[size=14pt]Wonders will never end. Some people will go any length to defend a kleptomaniac, focusless, vision-less governor whose first major act after 9 months in office is to nominate commissioners! grin grin Then this major a$$ kissing, bootlicking individual will have us believe that the gallivanting  Aregbe, [b]SYMBOL [/b]of mediocrity, cluelessnesss personified, is better than Gov Orji .  grin grin grin grin grin Well, I am not surprise, that Aregbe is competing with Gov Orji for the position of most clueness governor. A fair contest if you ask me.  grin grin grin But for that fact that Governor Orji achieved  more in his first 9 months than the gallivanting  Aregbe, [b]SYMBOL [/b]of mediocrity, cluelessnesss personified, I give the award  to him - Aregbe. The first and only governor to spend 9 months trying to figure out who and who to  nominate as commissioner. I bet the commissioners, in similar fashion as their boss, will spend another 18 months trying to figure out the problem of Osun state, and another 2 years proposing solution. Like begets like.[/size]

As for the a$$ kisser who would do anything possible to tie me to a party. I have news for you - to hell with PDP, ACN, CPC, APGA. Give me Chime, Rotimi, Rochas, Fashola minus Tinubu, and you have made my day!  Thereafter, you may continue to lick Aregbe and ACN's a$$, soon enough you will taste their pooh! grin grin grin grin grin

Gaddem! shocked
Preach bro! Your observations couldn't have hit closer to bulls eye.

The likes of Gbawe are desperately trying to package shyte as gold to whatever fools they can find.
Re: Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. by Gbawe: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2011
Beaf:

Gaddem! shocked
Preach bro! Your observations couldn't have hit closer to bulls eye.

The likes of Gbawe are desperately trying to package shyte as gold to whatever fools they can find.

You and your co-travellers will be disgraced in the end. The SW Govenors are all doing well. Not only is Aregbesola methodical but his plans are well thought out and inter-linked . Road constructions , for example , will aid Agriculture and tourism. Indeed rural road construction has actually begun. Instead of this unhealthy focus on Aregbesola please show us what Uduaghan, Orji, Sylva, Elechi et al are up to .

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=19407

Osun Awards Road Construction Contract To Connect Ogun, Lagos

The Osun State government has awarded a contract of road constructions that would connect the state straight to Ogun State, through Ikoyi to Ikorodu and to Lagos by bypassing Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
The governor of the state, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, disclosed this last Sunday during the Church Service marking the 20th Anniversary of the state, held at the All Saints Cathedral Church, Balogun Agoro, Osogbo, saying that when the road is completed, those travelling to Lagos would no longer pass through the rigours of traffic hold-up in Ibadan.
Represented by his deputy, Otunba Titilayo Laoye-Tomori, the governor also reiterated the commitment of his administration to rebuild Osogbo, the state capital and put it on the map of the world, as one of the best state capitals in the world.

According to him, “this government had awarded a contract that will connect Osun State straight to Ogun State, through Ikoyi to Ikorodu and to Lagos. We will cut-off Oyo State. So, we would no longer go through the rigours of traffic hold-up in Ibadan”.

The present administration, he said, was hell-bent in developing and renewing the state, through road construction among others, which, he said, had been started at the rural areas, due to the commitment of the government to develop agriculture and ensure massive food production for the people of the state.
Aregbesola also noted that the state was poised to tap all available avenues, especially in the area of tourism, to increase its Internally Generated Revenue (IGR), for the advancement of the state.
He said: “Recently we launch O-Tour to put the state tourism on the world map, because we are endowed by natural things from God and we want to ensure that we become the best state in Nigeria, especially in the area of tourism. We are determined to bring out the best in the state.
“We have 63 tourist centres all over the state and we would develop all these, to ensure that our IGR improves, because, unfortunately, right now in the South-West, we have the least IGR, but within the next six months, you will all be living witnesses to what would happen”, he insisted.

The governor, who lauded the civil servants, religious leaders and traditional rulers in their untiring efforts at ensuring the development of the state since its creation, noted that his administration would do all it takes at ensuring that, the state is taking to the highest level of good governance, just as he called for prayers from every quarter in the state.
In his sermon, the Bishop, Osun Diocese of Anglican Communion, Rt. Reverend Afolabi Popoola, called on the Nigeria leaders to rise-up to the challenges of Boko Haram menace and armed robbery, among others, saying that the country is now in the era of fear.
Commending the governor on the employment of 20,000 youths under the Osun Youths Empowerment Scheme (OYES), the Bishop called for prayers and the fear of God among leaders and followers, saying that it was only through the fear of God and prayers that the crisis in the country could be resolved.
On the ongoing industrial strike action in the state, the Bishop appealed to the government and the workers, to further shift their grounds with a view to calling-off the strike, as many things in the state have been paralyzed, since the commencement of the strike action.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State / Picture & Discipline Of The 4 Murdered Uniport Student / Asari Dokubo Press Release: Rivers State:when Will The Truth Be Told.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.