Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State (3895 Views)

B:r:e:a:k:i:n:g: Sheikh Gumi Tells Buhari And GEJ Not To Contest(sahararep) / GEJ Not Plotting Against APC – Okupe / Edwin Clark Prevented Igbo Presidency & Caused Escalation Of Boko Haram Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by OAM4J: 11:15am On Sep 15, 2011
GEJ On The Crisis In Plateau State

I am not unmindful of the escalation of violence in Plateau state and have ordered the Chief of Defence Staff to immediately take charge of securing the state. I met with the Governor on Tuesday to ensure collaboration with the State Govt to keep the peace. We must also foster understanding between the feuding communities and the SGF has been directed to collate all reports of previous committees set up to look into the recurring crisis in Plateau State for review and timeous implementation. GEJ
https://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/236610616389320
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by foward1212(m): 11:53am On Sep 15, 2011
The crisis in Jos is alarming, as its just continuous, and nothing serious has been done about it yet. It needs to be addressed and a close to permanent solution brought. May God almighty help us.
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by cold(m): 11:54am On Sep 15, 2011
About freaking time!
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by otokx(m): 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2011
The people are still waiting
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by octar6: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2011
OAM4J:

http://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck
Na 2day! Let him keep speakin english. Dis miscreants r out to stop his fresh air. We r watchin indeed.
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by haliruali(m): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
thats a good step Mr GEJ. For peace 2 reign everywhere in Naija, ALL HANDS MUST BE ON DECK! The muslims n christians, d fulanis n biroms, hausa n yoruba, igbo n kataf, igala n ebira we all must develop d spirit of undastandin among ourselves, respect each other. Lets spread love n peace always.
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by atasteve: 1:02pm On Sep 15, 2011
Spirit of Cain says "Am I my brother's keeper?"

We are as-a-matter-of-factly OUR BROTHERS' KEEPER.

Love is the only way going forward for us in Nigeria.
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by POTUT(m): 1:13pm On Sep 15, 2011
I actually rained criticisms on GEJ for not making bold, proclamative speeches over the Jos crisis. FB is a good means, but this is a little belated, and only reaches as many Nigerians.

Let us stop accepting abnormalities in Nigeria, let our Presidents learn to make galvanizing speeches when atrocities occur, not days and weeks after.

I still support the Mr. President, the wahala too much!
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by macroworld: 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2011
In my opinion, there should be a three dimensional approach to this issue.

1. Military Responsive action. This must be sensitively approached. Both Proactive and Reactive.

2. Intelligence Approach. To get to the depth of those who are perpetrating the atrocities, their sponsors, funding bodies, inciters etc etc

3. Dialogue Approach. To engage with the various waring parties with the aim of fostering peace. This needs some complex handing because of the overlap of tribe, geographical and the religions of the conflict.

I hope and pray the problem gets solved.
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by oyanwumi: 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2011
Olisa don Apologize ooo, Im no wont make him record spoil grin

http://korrectnation.com/?p=15964

Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by kolade2009: 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2011
Hurray!!! Here is the opportunity you have been waiting for: With just as low as N250,000 (Two Hundred and fifty thousand naira only) you can become as a Land owner in Lagos and Abuja. For more details, log unto http://www.silverspringpeninsula.com/ for more information. You can also call us at PERFECTION ASSETS & FOR MORE DETAILS:08089199531, omobolanle@pptysource.com or Yahoo Messenger: kolade2009@yahoo.com online 9am-3.30pm.
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by splitnaija(m): 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2011
^^^ Abeg shift your 419 Land sale business elsewhere! Why u no go sell land for Maiduguri or Jos? We dey talk about innocent lives being lost and d way out of the situation, u come here dey shout hurray. Hurray for what? Na today them begin buy or sell land? Abeg shift fast, fast before I lose my temper d more!!!
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by kingsuwem: 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
GEJ has taken the right step in the right direction. However the situation is complex and I'm skeptical if there will be permanent peace in Jos.
The parties concerned are barbaric and are not willing to forgive themselves. The country's borders are porous and the Hausa/Fulani people are always ready to harbour foreigners which they hire as assassins.
The security personnel and immigration officers are compromised. The politicians too are not behaving like statesmen. They are the ones fueling the crises. The religious leaders have also brought religious sentiments into the crisis.
As a result of the above stated facts, in addition to the steps taken by the president, God-fearing Nigerians should pray for peace and prevention of further blood bath in Jos.
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by VoodooDoll(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2011
Is there evidence or a link showing that "Hausa-Fulani" hide foreigners as assassins?

I am aware that Fulani people from as far away as The Gambia come to the North for Almajiri "schooling", but I suspect our problems are home grown.

Personally I think the country should have a very, very, very weak centre and Strong Regions. Let each region decide its own future.

If the people in Jos were part of their own region then they could "resolve" this issue without any external interference or the Centre putting fingers for their eyes.
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by Ournaija: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2011
splitnaija:

^^^ Abeg shift your 419 Land sale business elsewhere! Why u no go sell land for Maiduguri or Jos? We dey talk about innocent lives being lost and d way out of the situation, u come here dey shout hurray. Hurray for what? Na today them begin buy or sell land? Abeg shift fast, fast before I lose my temper d more!!!

Abeg I no fit lafffff
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by okadaman2: 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2011
oyanwumi:

Olisa don Apologize ooo, Im no wont make him record spoil grin

http://korrectnation.com/?p=15964

That picture of Olisa and the oppressed mumu beside him tells the story of Nigeria better than anything I've seen in a long time.

A society that will not make people pay for their errors provides no incentive for change.
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by 144(m): 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2011
hehem lets stop putting up ways to give them peace since wat they want is war lets take military action on them to solve this once and for all.
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by ShipIt(m): 4:19pm On Sep 15, 2011
I foking hate this president, he is the dumbest and weakest leader in my country's history. If you try to defend him, fok you too
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by tallfact: 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2011
Its high time we put Nigeria satellite to work. Since there is curfew already in Jos the satellite should be able to monitor movement of people in the region. The security agents must explore this avenue. May almighty God bless Nigeria.
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by ShipIt(m): 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2011
tallfact:

Its high time we put Nigeria satellite to work. Since there is curfew already in Jos the satellite should be able to monitor movement of people in the region. The security agents must explore this avenue. May almighty God bless Nigeria.

Is this guy serious? Fok you too
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by skyflash(m): 8:18pm On Sep 15, 2011
dreamers if you like send all the soldiers in Nigeria to Jos, the killing will not stop.dreamers if you like send all the soldiers in Nigeria to Jos, the killing will not stop.
Re: GEJ 'Not Unmindful' Of 'Escalation Of Violence' In Plateau State by buzcenter: 10:59am On Sep 16, 2011
wat are dis people really doin about dis jos matter for real and not updating of of of of everytime,, mchewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

(1) (Reply)

Fatal Accident Along Ondo-ife Road. Viewer's Discretion Is Strongly Advised... / Buhari Says “I Pity Myself” As He Collects Nomination Form / Femi Fani-kayode: Some Hard Questions For The Buharists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.