Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,237 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger (34096 Views)

Oyo Twins Festival: 2034 Sets Of Twins Participate / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo / Oba Of Benin And His Luxury Rolls Royce Spotted At An Event In Edo State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by martineverest(m): 7:35am On Sep 27, 2022
faceland:
Leave those items in Europe. If they where in Nigeria, a pastor or Imam would have burnt them long ago as idol.
but they were in Oba palace for more than 300 years b4 British soldiers stole them
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by martineverest(m): 7:36am On Sep 27, 2022
Ngwamankillyou:
This is wrong,instead they the British people and their German counterpart should bring it to Oba Palace and apologize,but by him going there to see that object shows no respect and they won't bring all the stolen arts because of his presence either.

This Oba na tourist like no other Oba of Benin ooo.
ozuor...did u see Oba there?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by faceland: 7:50am On Sep 27, 2022
martineverest:
but they were in Oba palace for more than 300 years b4 British soldiers stole them

How did they steal it?
Whitemen said "I like it" they said "take"? Or was it at gun point, they raided the palace?

Even recently, one Oba wanted to become an Emir (even though Dan Fodio didn't conquer his land), he brought out old artifacts and burn them all as idol (it only took one religious nutjob).
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by gasparpisciotta: 7:58am On Sep 27, 2022
festacman:

Airplane and computer industries have museums tracing their evolution over the years.

Sadly, Africans haven't really flown clearly above the bronze making technology. However, I must admit that I am hopeful.

Sadly.
However, those bronze makers and their sense were looted by the early Europeans.
Same thing down to the native Americans.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by festacman(m): 9:25am On Sep 27, 2022
gasparpisciotta:

Sadly.
However, those bronze makers and their sense were looted by the early Europeans.
Same thing down to the native Americans.

You mean they looted the sense of the "those bronze makers" upfront from generation to generation till present time.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by festacman(m): 9:26am On Sep 27, 2022
Awaja:

Am certain their planes and ships came from powers within those mysterious objects ,that's why they cherish it,Benin witches fly without air planes

grin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by mr1759: 9:34am On Sep 27, 2022
faceland:

How did they steal it?
Whitemen said "I like it" they said "take"? Or was it at gun point, they raided the palace?

Even recently, one Oba wanted to become an Emir (even though Dan Fodio didn't conquer his land), he brought out old artifacts and burn them all as idol (it only took one religious nutjob).
It was talking at gun point
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by SIMONEKPA7: 9:44am On Sep 27, 2022
itsene:

Don't be silly. They are making money from artifacts not meant for that purpose.So nice packaging behind glass walls is necessary.
The rightful owner wasn't thinking of profiting and profiteering from them
That I know will be difficult for you to understand.
Ode, show pictures of artifects in our museums let's compare.. Even animals in the zoo in Nigeria are been starved to death na artifects them wan think of...
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by itsene: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:

Ode, show pictures of artifects in our museums let's compare.. Even animals in the zoo in Nigeria are been starved to death na artifects them wan think of...
You have no stake in Nigeria
Go away.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by SIMONEKPA7: 11:45am On Sep 27, 2022
itsene:

You have no stake in Nigeria
Go away.
Call a spade a spade... We lack maintenance culture
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by martineverest(m): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2022
faceland:

How did they steal it?

Go and read punitive expendition of 1896.......u will know better.

Great Britain knew it would be difficult to rule most southern part of Nigeria without conquering Benin empire...they sent 3000 soldiers with heavy artillery to destroy Benin and depose Oba of Benin....they looted all the treasury In Oba palace and Benin city and burnt the city ..
They stole over 3k artefacts and sold them to germans, Brits and Americans

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by BloomingDale(f): 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2022
festacman:
These people built airplanes, cars, macro and mini computers, sundry electronic appliances, flew to the moon, etc but treat some bronze works from Africa as something mysterious.

Tell me why this is not just a ploy to hold us back to bronze age when they are far ahead in the hi-tech and digital worlds.

If only you knew where they copied their hi-tech from. Lol. That's why they are worshipping those bronze images. You are still asleep hence the reason for your puzzlement.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by festacman(m): 3:30pm On Sep 27, 2022
BloomingDale:

If only you knew where they copied their hi-tech from. Lol. That's why they are worshipping those bronze images. You are still asleep hence the reason for your puzzlement.

Why is it the original makers and owners of the bronze images seem to lack Hi-Tech capabilities but the people who took the images by force have. You are the one who is deep asleep like the continent itself.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by BloomingDale(f): 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
festacman:

Why is it the original makers and owners of the bronze images seem to lack Hi-Tech capabilities but the people who took the images by force have. You are the one who is deep asleep like the continent itself.

Those with hi-tech capabilities have your tech books. For ex, do you know under the Vatican in rome, there is a library that has miles and miles and miles of your books.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by SeamT: 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2022
AutomaticMotors:

Stop Barking!! What I said still stands!! Urhobo is an Edo Offspring and nothing more!! Except you want to deny your father!! No wonder among all the Edo Clans in delta na minority itshekiri dey dominate urhobo! Stay off that ogogoro boy!!!!
Urhobo is not an Edo offspring. The urhobo nation is as old as the Edo tribe. Best description is they are brother tribes. Because they used to be one entity before the break.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by AutomaticMotors: 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2022
SeamT:

Urhobo is not an Edo offspring. The urhobo nation is as old as the Edo tribe. Best description is they are brother tribes. Because they used to be one entity before the break.

All urhobo kings are Enogies don't get it twisted!!! Everything Urhobo is from Benin! I don't like unnecessary arguments !! This fact cannot even be countered !!
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by IbileIfe: 11:08pm On Sep 27, 2022
festacman:
These people built airplanes, cars, macro and mini computers, sundry electronic appliances, flew to the moon, etc but treat some bronze works from Africa as something mysterious.

Tell me why this is not just a ploy to hold us back to bronze age when they are far ahead in the hi-tech and digital worlds.

Decode the attached photos of AFA, IFA and EPHAH.
The geometry and symmetry of the sculptures are proofs of the advanced civilization of Benin.

Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by SeamT: 11:12pm On Sep 27, 2022
AutomaticMotors:

All urhobo kings are Enogies don't get it twisted!!! Everything Urhobo is from Benin! I don't like unnecessary arguments !! This fact cannot even be countered !!
The ughelli kingdom is believed to be as old as Benin it self. Predating the oba’s dynasty. The term “from” is wrong. But same group of people back then.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by gregyboy(m): 11:54pm On Sep 27, 2022
PrinceMajestic:
I didn't type "thank God my monarch is not there" my expression was "Thank God my Monarch is not among those ones who visited Benin for recognition from the Oba in old times" real kings don't seek recognition from other kings. I'm not a Benin man, I'm from the nearby state

Delta state I guess, am having mixed opinion on this but I won't say you're wrong but yet we can't really tell why he allowed them go

Bini people and the oba palace are the only one fighting for the return of their artworks

So sometimes if you need to play smart then you must first act as a fool

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by gregyboy(m): 12:13am On Sep 28, 2022
SeamT:

Haha prove this or I will take you as joke l

Brother state is that what you guys tell yourself now not to feel inferior beside the bini people cheap lies don't help..

The urhobos are not brother state to edo

The urhobos are made of native urhobos people called the urhobo indigenes and heavy flow of benin people throughout the kingdom

So urhobo is an offshoot of edo
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by AutomaticMotors: 12:18am On Sep 28, 2022
SeamT:

The ughelli kingdom is believed to be as old as Benin it self. Predating the oba’s dynasty. The term “from” is wrong. But same group of people back then.

It is "Believed"!! Lol stop spinning drunken fairy tales nothing urhobo predates Benin Empire! Nothing Documented! Nothing Factual! Again I repeat all urhobo kings are Enogies for a reason!!
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by AutomaticMotors: 12:20am On Sep 28, 2022
IbileIfe:

Decode the attached photos of AFA, IFA and EPHAH.
The geometry and symmetry of the sculptures are proofs of the advanced civilization of Benin.

Who be this one now? grin grin grin Be like say you miss road to ife abi modakeke grin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by AutomaticMotors: 12:55am On Sep 28, 2022
gregyboy:

Brother state is that what you guys tell yourself now not to feel inferior beside the bini people cheap lies don't help..

The urhobos are made of native urhobos people called the urhobo indigenes and heavy flow of benin people throughout the kingdom

Urhobo is an Edo clan! Same with all tribes in Delta state including the ones in Delta North igbos are trying to claim
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by SeamT: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2022
gregyboy:

On the contrary, after the fall of the Benin people to the Yoruba’s. superior Edoid speaking tribe migrated the then known Aka, because they refused to be enslaved.
Urhobo was never an offshoot of Edo. They existed as on entity before the end of the ogiso dynasty.

Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by SeamT: 8:56am On Sep 28, 2022
AutomaticMotors:

It is "Believed"!! Lol stop spinning drunken fairy tales nothing urhobo predates Benin Empire! Nothing Documented! Nothing Factual! Again I repeat all urhobo kings are Enogies for a reason!!
You have your history. We have ours. And according to our folktales. Urhobo is as old as Edo it self.

Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by AutomaticMotors: 9:02am On Sep 28, 2022
SeamT:

You have your history. We have ours. And according to our folktales. Urhobo is as old as Edo it self.

What did you just post grin screenshot a word doc from your laptop? grin Give it a rest !! Urhobo is an Edo clan! You have no legit documents to prove your wishfull tales!! Didn't you read the part I said Urhobo kings are Enogies? Do you even know what Enogies means? grin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by SeamT: 9:05am On Sep 28, 2022
AutomaticMotors:

What did you just post grin screenshot a word doc from your laptop? grin Give it a rest !! Urhobo is an Edo clan! You have no legit documents to prove your wishfull tales!! Didn't you read the part I said Urhobo kings are Enogies? Do you even know what Enogies means? grin
Show me evidence then that suggests that the urhobo are offspring of Edo tribe.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by AutomaticMotors: 9:07am On Sep 28, 2022
SeamT:

Show me evidence then that suggests that the urhobo are offspring of Edo tribe.

Guy!! Wtf everything from your language down to traditions/norms/culture/dressing is EDO!! I got nothing to prove to you bro!!!! And this is by no means belittling Urhobo, you all are family but you are from Benin and all your kings are Benin princes installed as Enogies from the palace all this are facts!! Both online and offline

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by SeamT: 9:59am On Sep 28, 2022
AutomaticMotors:

Guy!! Wtf everything from your language down to traditions/norms/culture/dressing is EDO!! I got nothing to prove to you bro!!!! And this is by no means belittling Urhobo, you all are family but you are from Benin and all your kings are Benin princes installed as Enogies from the palace all this are facts!! Both online and offline

You are a comedian.. the only thing linking urhobo and Edo is the edoid language. And theirs no proof that it was adopted from Benin. It could be the other way round

This superiority complex mentality is the reason we broke out of the then bendel state.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by AutomaticMotors: 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2022
SeamT:

You are a comedian.. the only thing linking urhobo and Edo is the edoid language. And theirs no proof that it was adopted from Benin. It could be the other way round

This superiority complex mentality is the reason we broke out of the then bendel state.

You are the comedian here! This mentality of yours is why urhobo are presently playing 3rd fiddle in a state that was meant to be yours! God bye! Urhobo is Edo! And there is nothing you can do about this now or the future!
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by gregyboy(m): 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2022
SeamT:

On the contrary, after the fall of the Benin people to the Yoruba’s. superior Edoid speaking tribe migrated the then known Aka, because they refused to be enslaved.
Urhobo was never an offshoot of Edo. They existed as on entity before the end of the ogiso dynasty.

There was never an ogiso dynasty it has always been obaship

There was never oduduwa he existed as an idol Samuel Johnson an oyo man brought oduduwa into existence with his pen in 1897 in a bid to unite the yoruba people under one umbrella

Tao11 can attest to this

So stop speaking in myth my friend
Re: Oba Of Benin, Others Participate At Berlin Humboldt Forum Arts Exhibition In Ger by gregyboy(m): 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
AutomaticMotors:

Urhobo is an Edo clan! Same with all tribes in Delta state including the ones in Delta North igbos are trying to claim

Urhobo people in the begin were independent clan from edo until edo brought her under their control and influence

Urhobo people has high percentage of Edo bloods in them because the edos did a mass migration into their tribe

In modern times the words to use to describe
Urhobo people are offshoot of Edo

Forget who urhobo was before benin occupation nobody see that anymore

Urhobo people has edo old words as vocabulary that old benin in benin use interchangeably

Kill that history of ogiso and oduduwa from your brain that story was formed to untie edo people as yorubas during indirect rule system

It's been recircle today for the purpose of tribal bashing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Meaning Of Peace In The Different Nigerian Languages / Annoying Nigerian Sayings / Ifa - The True Religion Of The Yorubas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.