Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare (43979 Views)

Bishops Who Supported Tinubu Say They Have Been Vindicated / CJN Travelled For Medicals, Never Met Tinubu – Supreme Court / When Obasanjo Met Peter Obi Vs When Obasanjo Met Tinubu - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by IfnobeGod20: 1:11pm On Sep 26, 2022
Healthquest:
2011 ? Where were u 2011? I'm sure u dont know what your saying.

Ribadu was rallied round in 2011 by all until the election.

Now back to ur explanation for PDP.

Do u agree that if ATIKU win with pdp ,APC should field another Northerner to take power from ATIKU since northerners are the only one who can win election?.

You dont get the jack, that analogy doesnt go anywhere.
because it's a useless path.
We will rather allowed the big party fields northerner since they are the one that can win elections.

Let's get things straight, ATIKU stole the south chance and it must be challenged, Christian or MUSLIM is not the basis of fedral character.

Fedral character is based on geolocation
Sorry you jumped into an issue you know next to nothing about. Ribadu ticket was more a regional one. Even the blind knew that PDP will win that election that year, so nobody bothered about their combination and the result was so.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/n/nigeria/nigeria-presidential-election-2011.html&ved=2ahUKEwjLrfqisrL6AhUGhf0HHca2Dt0QFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3Zi31xqD4Zicu84-wNCIch

Go back and reread my comment that you quoted and also read your comment again. You misinterpreted my comment because you were in haste to comment.
Let me reframe my comment, may be this time you will grasp it. I said, Atiku claimed that the last PDP President came from southern Nigeria and it is the turn of northern Nigeria to be fielded in PDP. So if PDP wins the election, any person in APC that will claim it is the turn of the northern candidate to be fielded in APC is been mischievous and doesn't know what he is saying. By then, the last APC president will be from the north, so the candidate from the south can safely say, it is the turn of the south to be fielded in APC, since the last APC president is from the north.
I hope I have simplify it now.
Please on what basis did Atiku stole southern chance? Can you get expatiate further?
No single part of the constitution or electoral Act dictate that presidency should be rotated between south and north. It's just on political understanding. It is on the basis of federal character that party rotate the presidency from north to south and from south to north. But when it comes to ethnic and religion balancing you guys would want to shy away from it and that was the basis of federal character as captured in chapter 2 Section 14 sub-section 3 of the constitution.
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by Mickykarim: 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2022
Alpharey:

In the same vein, those pastors are not representing the minds of the Christians. They are there on their own. We did not send them. They can collect whatever money doled out to them by Yekini. That is their personal business. They can't convince an average Christan to vote for Tinubu. Time and money wasting event.

IN THE SAME VEIN, YOU CONTRADICTED YOURSELF AND GAVE AWAY THE DEEP ROT WITHIN.
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by lhordspy: 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

What made Dogara not to be a team player or self-centered? The way we play politics in this part of the world, defeat the purpose of playing Politics. It has always been winner takes all politics and that is why the nation is not growing.
Where as Dogara be found wanting in his service at the National Assembly or in his community? Just because his conscience cannot be bear the insensitive Muslim-muslim ticket, does not make him non-team player or self-centered. You must be aware that you owe your conscience a great deal or loyalty than a political party you belong. Even your political party is tertiary in loyalty you must show, first it must be to your conscience, follow by your nation before you choose your party. Dogara any other persons that may have one or other thing to say against the ticket is just been loyal to their conscience.
Many that are giving support to that insensitive ticket is just been loyal to their party, instead of been loyal to their conscience and their nation.

I don't buy the idea of winner take all strategy you depicted above that if the christains refused voting for Tinubu they won't be recognize by Tinubu's goverement and they will lose out. That's not how developed world play politics. Politics of exclusion because they didn't vote for you defeats reasoning and common sense. You should not expect everyone to vote for you because that's democracy. You cannot have everybody on your side because of divergent views and interests.

I do understand your point sir. This is different, everyone is entitle to their believe and uphold his or her conscience or faith ofcourse. But the christians body are acting like an antagonist here, like a political opposition party itself. They have made thier point plainly, and it is gotten very clearly by everyone. They dont need to keep instigating their followers against a certain party, almost everyday and with any little opportunity to speak to the mic.

They are acting up more than the opposition itself and it is even against your facts you stated up their that 'everyone is entitle to support anymore irrespective of party or conscience' .... They should let the christians choose who ever they want to vote. And stop acting like an oppostion political party. With how desperate they act these days, one may even starts suspecting if they are been push by the opposition parties, i wouldnt want to use the word 'bribe' . it will sound too extreme.

They have made their point clear, let the christians themselves follow their conscience.

Then on dogara's issue... Without sentiment and taking sides. We all know very well the only reason why dogara is mad and wailing around is because he was not picked as the running mate.
Sir, you should not vow for a politician, they are all crook and only after their interest. Assuming it was dogara who was picked, all other thing in the world wont have matters to him. Dogara is selfish, that is the reason why he decamped from PDP to APC hoping to clinch the vice presidential slot. His plan was shattered, and he is dissapointed. Nothing more, nothing less..
The cry of the christian marginalisation he is crying about the whole country is just a cover face. Nothing more, still nothing less
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by Kingozymandias(m): 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2022
lhordspy:

I do understand your point sir. This is different, everyone is entitle to their believe and uphold his or her conscience or faith ofcourse. But the christians body are acting like an antagonist here, like a political opposition party itself. They have made thier point plainly, and it is gotten very clearly by everyone. They dont need to keep instigating their followers against a certain party, almost everyday and with any little opportunity to speak to the mic.

They are acting up more than the opposition itself and it is even against your facts you stated up their that 'everyone is entitle to support anymore irrespective of party or conscience' .... They should let the christians choose who ever they want to vote. And stop acting like an oppostion political party. With how desperate they act these days, one may even starts suspecting if they are been push by the opposition parties, i wouldnt want to use the word 'bribe' . it will sound too extreme.

They have made their point clear, let the christians themselves follow their conscience.

Then on dogara's issue... Without sentiment and taking sides. We all know very well the only reason why dogara is mad and wailing around is because he was not picked as the running mate.
Sir, you should not vow for a politician, they are all crook and only after their interest. Assuming it was dogara who was picked, all other thing in the world wont have matters to him. Dogara is selfish, that is the reason why he decamped from PDP to APC hoping to clinch the vice presidential slot. His plan was shattered, and he is dissapointed. Nothing more, nothing less..
The cry of the christian marginalisation he is crying about the whole country is just a cover face. Nothing more, still nothing less

The lamentations of a Tinubu supporter.. already rehearsing the cry of defeat grin
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by ZombieTAMER: 2:11pm On Sep 26, 2022
lhordspy:
God is wonderful, he is the all-knowing, and the most-wise.
He already spoke about the altitude of this present-day christians and its leaders who have all gone astray because of blind hatred, religious bigotry and intolerence
For it is written in:
Titus 3:3
For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another.
Romans 1:29
being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil.
Man no be God.
God Almighty is with you Asiwaju.
The triumphant God, The conquerer, The victorious God.
Pepper dem Jagaban, pepper dem !!

The day any ruling party will try a Christian christain will mark the end of this shithole..

you know this
i know this..

is it because Christains are quiet in this country...
my Friend take time.. i warn you
take serious time
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by lhordspy: 2:14pm On Sep 26, 2022
ZombieTAMER:

The day any ruling party will try a Christian christain will mark the end of this shithole..

you know this
i know this..

is it because Christains are quiet in this country...
my Friend take time.. i warn you
take serious time

I dont understand you, what are you saying?
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by IfnobeGod20: 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2022
lhordspy:

What I mean is, you must first be loyal to your conscience which is the most important thing. If you conscience doesn't align with what God desire, then you're doing the wrong thing. Secondly, your loyalty to your nation is next to that of your conscience because the survival of your nation is your own survival. If there is war or unrest in your nation, your mind will also be unrest and things will not work as it ought to be. Thirdly, is your loyalty to your party. Most at times, our loyalty is more to our party than to our conscience and a nation and this has failed us as a nation. Average American doesn't joke with his country and that is why you see that their leadership is always swinging. If their present leader is not meeting up to bidding, they jettison party affiliations and work for the good of the nation and later go back to party affairs but that is not the case in Nigeria. I watched a video where Smart Adeyemi was complaining about insecurity in the hallowed chamber and Remi Tinubu was asking him, is he a PDP member. What it means is that, it is only PDP members that should complain not APC members. See that IQ. If the country want to burn, let it burn, don't talk mentality. No country loyalty but only party loyalty. Funnily, if her husband wins the president, which type of advise would she give her husband?
You cannot claim Dogara was wailing and crying about because he wasn't chosen as vice president to Tinubu. Please do they sign pact that he would be chosen as a vice president before he defected back to APC? It is still an insinuation and cannot be held as the truth. Was Babachir Lawal or Elisha Abbo also wailing because they were not chosen as vice? We love roping when thing fall apart, instead of seeing thing by merit.
If you know what christains in his domain are facing, you won't blame him for the apprehension he is nursing. You're not feeling the heat, those feeling the temperature have better words to say.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://reliefweb.int/report/nigeria/nigeria-renewed-christian-muslim-clashes-claim-lives&ved=2ahUKEwjt5Nf8zbL6AhXHg_0HHcWEAIY4ChAWegQIDBAB&usg=AOvVaw1sKGGp4YWJPrD1mQrJf3wM
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by asanausana91: 3:28pm On Sep 26, 2022
I knew it! The moment I saw that fat bishop my mind told that this guy collect envelope so that he can take care of this big belle.
Tinubu! You said Christians are incompetent and inconsequential, Why then are you bribing fake bishops.
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by asanausana91: 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2022
hollaway:
I can't just understand how the christian body (CAN or any other groupe in christendom ) become a political party or an opposition party sponsored and control by the enemy of this country. If CAN are not certisfy of the APC's presidencial candidate choice of his runing mate they should form a political party and filled their choice of faith that will restle power from them to show them that they have the numbers that can deal with any political party that may go against them. Until they come up with this idea they sould remain silent.
you can never silent the voice of Christians if that is your reason for bringing Muslim Muslim ticket.
Can have the right to vote who they choose to vote, and they also have the right deny anything written falsely on their name.
#saynotomuslimmuslimticket.
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by asanausana91: 3:39pm On Sep 26, 2022
famouscargo4u:
So what? Must everyone be under PFN?
yes, all bishops. You cannot tell us that you are a teacher and you are not under the NUT, or a journalist without being a member of the NUJ.
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by asanausana91: 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2022
Khaysee:
Most of the youth here dont read the man said he can recognise 2 people with pics that anyone is speaking for himself not the organisation
the APC media said Tinubu meet the northern bishops. Why?
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by asanausana91: 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
Clowns.
Bola Hamed Tinubu is the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
dreamer.
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by asanausana91: 3:47pm On Sep 26, 2022
DimIsaac10:
Even doh i am not a Tinubu fan but make them rest
Must they be under PFN?.

Is it compulsory?.
They are clerics and christians so case closed except the PFN also need percentage.
you cannot be a Christian without being a member of CAN. All Christians are under CAN and PFN is also under can therefore any decision taken by CAN is binded on every Christian.
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by asanausana91: 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2022
vengertime:

How come Tinubu is wearing Silver silk cloth and suddenly the fraudulently attached picture of Goodluck Jonathan the cocaine dealer is now weariness blue.

Why are you people useless
they are 2 different events
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by asanausana91: 3:56pm On Sep 26, 2022
Goke7:

Jagaban has a lot of goodwill among many prominent pastors in Nigeria, no matter how hard PFN or CAN campaign against him, he will still get a lot of support from the Christian community.
you are joking
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by asanausana91: 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2022
Britishpea:
What did we have during the orItsejeafor led PFN on Goodluck Jonathan presidency? Oh, I forgot his plane was caught somewhere in African country with wads of dollars stacked in.

Oh yeah, the famous Abuja bombing and barracks also. Right? Another of Kidnapping of chibok girls. I supposed Jonathan was a Christian abs Sambo was a Muslim. Yet, PFN was fully in support of the govt.

Anyone who thinks PFN is fighting for the citizens doesn’t know Nigeria. They are after their interest and pockets. Now, they are sensing that their hands are going to be washed off the plate since Tinubu will surely win.

Since PFN are still crying wolves , we don’t want them anymore. We want Christians but not PFN.
Shikenna!
Obi can come back in 2031.
and the whole Christians say no to Muslim Muslim ticket. Infact this will be a topic of discussion every Sunday.
You cannot tell us that we are incompetent then you expect us to vote for you.
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by famouscargo4u: 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2022
asanausana91:
yes, all bishops. You cannot tell us that you are a teacher and you are not under the NUT, or a journalist without being a member of the NUJ.

There are millions of teachers that are not member of NUT, many university lecturers that are not members of ASUU and of course, many bishops not member of PFN. Must you be a Pentecostal to be a bishop? So many voluntary organisations out there!
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by Healthquest: 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Sorry you jumped into an issue you know next to nothing about. Ribadu ticket was more a regional one. Even the blind knew that PDP will win that election that year, so nobody bothered about their combination and the result was so.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.electoralgeography.com/new/en/countries/n/nigeria/nigeria-presidential-election-2011.html&ved=2ahUKEwjLrfqisrL6AhUGhf0HHca2Dt0QFnoECBYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3Zi31xqD4Zicu84-wNCIch

Go back and reread my comment that you quoted and also read your comment again. You misinterpreted my comment because you were in haste to comment.
Let me reframe my comment, may be this time you will grasp it. I said, Atiku claimed that the last PDP President came from southern Nigeria and it is the turn of northern Nigeria to be fielded in PDP. So if PDP wins the election, any person in APC that will claim it is the turn of the northern candidate to be fielded in APC is been mischievous and doesn't know what he is saying. By then, the last APC president will be from the north, so the candidate from the south can safely say, it is the turn of the south to be fielded in APC, since the last APC president is from the north.
I hope I have simplify it now.
Please on what basis did Atiku stole southern chance? Can you get expatiate further?
No single part of the constitution or electoral Act dictate that presidency should be rotated between south and north. It's just on political understanding. It is on the basis of federal character that party rotate the presidency from north to south and from south to north. But when it comes to ethnic and religion balancing you guys would want to shy away from it and that was the basis of federal character as captured in chapter 2 Section 14 sub-section 3 of the constitution.
I'm simply telling you wat will happen, if this is ur analogy, then you've northern pple getting the ticket in the quest for power.
Nothin like pdp has not won with northern ticket.
That analogy is a greed and fraud.
That's why I Draw ur attention to what you're calling for.

Do u think APC will field a southerner if they didnt win with a southerner ticket next year?
They will simply threw away the moral compass and give it to another powerful northern man so they can wrestle power from atiku.

So , dont loose the main idea because of party.

We had a northern president for 8yrs, Atiku cannot be confident of coming again after 8yrs of one fulani either in pdp or apc, its not done anywhere so ur justification is faulty
Re: Northern Bishops Who Met Tinubu, Not Under PFN — Bakare by DimIsaac10(m): 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2022
asanausana91:
you cannot be a Christian without being a member of CAN. All Christians are under CAN and PFN is also under can therefore any decision taken by CAN is binded on every Christian.

Its not compulsory. You are only registered under christ as a christian. Dont preach to me what i already know .
Mind you, decision by CAN is not binded on every christians and for your information not all christians are under CAN.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akeredolu Embarks On Medical Leave, Hands Over To Deputy / Miyetti Allah Hires Queen Temitope Ajayi As Ambassador For Image Laundering / IPOB's Autopiloters Attack A Military Checkpoint In Agulu, Anambra (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.