Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,151 members, 7,835,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning (820 Views)

Tinubunomics: Dissecting Tinubu’s Economic Track Records - Nairametrics / Reno Omokri Shares Throwback Photo Of Peter Obi, Atiku & Tinubu / Osinbajo, Atiku, Tinubu: Who Would You Prefer As President Among The 3 In 2023? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by lhordspy: 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2022
Dissecting the three leading presidential candidates and chances of being victorious in the next year general election

Let's take away Kwankwaso , i think i see him more like a spoiler or maybe with time he will definitely drop for one of the candidate. Atiku or tinubu maybe.

On Atiku's chances
i think it has been greatly reduced by the infighting in PDP. Especially as it involves the southern bigwig politicians. And also we all know south-east and south-south are naturally PDP voters during the presidential elections. But this time with the OBI emergence and influence in that angle. It will take a miracle for Atiku to win the election because he cant do that with only the Northern blocks which is not even sure for him.. Especially the North-west, and some North-east too. We all remember he lost to Pres. Buhari even at his polling unit in the last election.

On Peter Obi's chances
i think he is a force to reckon with too. But i dont see him getting there yet, maybe many years to come but not now. He lacks the political structure and connections. Nigeria politics have gone past or let me say his bigger than the social media buzz and attention he is pulling right now.
Quite sure, south-south and south-east including some part of North-central will turn out for him maybe massively..

But the thing is to win an election you must have 25% in atleast 25 states, which i dont see Peter obi having especially when you are substracting states from North-east and North-west which i will coldly and brutally say Peter obi is still relatively unknown and unheard of.

And also to win election you need majority of the votes, south-east and south-south are traditionally low voters due to the popoulation and non-challant altitude of the voters. A votes from bornu, yobe, Lagos, kano, kastina only can cancel the entire vote from the two region(i stand to be corrected though). So i think even though he manages to scale some state, he will definitely not be having the majority vote on his side due to the block votes from the Northern region. Except something m*d happens where we have the Northern votes pieces, shared and scathered among kwankwaso, tinubu and atiku. With each having just a small fraction of the votes.
This will surely favours peter alot.

But also Peter comes from a region that has been politically marginalised and sidelined for too long, it might affect his chances, because the region are not influential on a national poltical stage. And with the aggresssive behaviour of some of his supporters especially those from the eastern sides due to unexperience(i think) when dealing with political matters, they might disgust and scare the undecided voters away from Peter obi. Not just the undecided voters, but also other voters who they might have just try winning gently and by preaching to them of their ideology.

Lastly on Tinubu's chances
I think Tinubu is the luckiest politician presently, reason why you see him not acting desperate or not appearing for interviews and been in the media much like that. Man as been planning all his life for this moment, over the years he has made friends, allies ,build a political dynasty with several wings and lot of politically successful 'boys' in virtually every nooks and crannies of the country. They are the ones now returning the favour, mobilising for him except ofcourse the likes of osinbajo and others aggrieved one way or the other. But i think they will surely fall inline.

i think with states like shettima bornu, Yobe, Elrufai kaduna, Buhari Kastina, and also Lagos with over 7million+ votes in the bags for him already...even taken out the lagos igbos voters, he is sure of getting atleast 4million votes in Lagos from the 7m+(debatable tho).
And also, if we are to include the Buharis factor, if things play out according to plan, you might notice he made buhari the chairman of his campaign council, the buhari block votes is his target with that moves.

Also southwest, even irrespective of the uproar in muslim-muslim ticket, southwest dont discriminate or marginalise that much. It is omoluabi first before anything... Reason why taking out oyetola of osun out of the context, there is no muslim south-west governor presently. The osun muslim voted him out too, they rate competency above any other thing in the south-west. So hopefully for tinubu, he might count on that facts too. But if it doesnt work, then Tinubu is in hot soup, because with the north preently not sure for anyone and can swing anyway, tinubu need south-west vote than anything. So he needs to get there and convince the voters especially christians about his inclusive plan he have for them.

South-south and south-east, tinubu will fight for his life here, well all he needs is just 25% here. He shouldnt expect much not even in the APC controp state. I think those states are for OBI not even Atiku except we see some OKowa's factors and maybe PDP resolves their issue with the southern-governors, then we can start having a situation of a vote-sharing between obi and atiku in that region too.

The only thing in Tinubu way to presidency is the muslim-muslim thing, but only applied to the North-central where we have lot of serious christians who dont joke with religion. The plus for him is the infighting in PDP, and the fact that obi and Atiku will be sharing lot of PDP traditional votes.

Seun nlfpmod

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by Chizzyjforce: 7:59pm On Sep 25, 2022
Stop disecting what you don't know.

7 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by RingRoadMafia: 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2022
Chizzyjforce:
Stop disecting what you don't know.

No mind am, he has been trying so hard to get his opinion on front page, the zombie don call mod taya grin

6 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by VKN23: 8:02pm On Sep 25, 2022
Obi we stan

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by mbaboy(m): 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2022
The election is between Peter Obi and Atiku Abubakar

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by derecho(m): 8:14pm On Sep 25, 2022
You gerrit...Jagaban ti ja wo gbo.
mbaboy:
The election is between Peter Obi and Atiku Abubakar
Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by Kingozymandias(m): 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2022
lhordspy:
Dissecting the three leading presidential candidates and chances of being victorious in the next year general election

I was in a thread yesterday and we were discussing about the chances of the three top presidential candidates winning next year general election.

I will just copy my opinion here so we can deliberate on it.

Please concrete analysis and opinions only. No tribalistic comments or insults are allowed. Thank you.

Let's take away Kwankwaso , i think i see him more like a spoiler or maybe with time he will definitely drop for one of the candidate. Atiku or tinubu maybe.

On Atiku's chances
i think it has been greatly reduced by the infighting in PDP. Especially as it involves the southern bigwig politicians. And also we all know south-east and south-south are naturally PDP voters during the presidential elections. But this time with the OBI emergence and influence in that angle. It will take a miracle for Atiku to win the election because he cant do that with only the Northern blocks which is not even sure for him.. Especially the North-west, and some North-east too. We all remember he lost to Pres. Buhari even at his polling unit in the last election.

On Peter Obi's chances
i think he is a force to reckon with too. But i dont see him getting there yet, maybe many years to come but not now. He lacks the political structure and connections. Nigeria politics have gone past or let me say his bigger than the social media buzz and attention he is pulling right now.
Quite sure, south-south and south-east including some part of North-central will turn out for him maybe massively..

But the thing is to win an election you must have 25% in atleast 25 states, which i dont see Peter obi having especially when you are substracting states from North-east and North-west which i will coldly and brutally say Peter obi is still relatively unknown and unheard of.

And also to win election you need majority of the votes, south-east and south-south are traditionally low voters due to the popoulation and non-challant altitude of the voters. A votes from bornu, yobe, Lagos, kano, kastina only can cancel the entire vote from the two region(i stand to be corrected though). So i think even though he manages to scale some state, he will definitely not be having the majority vote on his side due to the block votes from the Northern region. Except something m*d happens where we have the Northern votes pieces, shared and scathered among kwankwaso, tinubu and atiku. With each having just a small fraction of the votes.
This will surely favours peter alot.

But also Peter comes from a region that has been politically marginalised and sidelined for too long, it might affect his chances, because the region are not influential on a national poltical stage. And with the aggresssive behaviour of some of his supporters especially those from the eastern sides due to unexperience(i think) when dealing with political matters, they might disgust and scare the undecided voters away from Peter obi. Not just the undecided voters, but also other voters who they might have just try winning gently and by preaching to them of their ideology.

Lastly on Tinubu's chances
I think Tinubu is the luckiest politician presently, reason why you see him not acting desperate or not appearing for interviews and been in the media much like that. Man as been planning all his life for this moment, over the years he has made friends, allies ,build a political dynasty with several wings and lot of politically successful 'boys' in virtually every nooks and crannies of the country. They are the ones now returning the favour, mobilising for him except ofcourse the likes of osinbajo and others aggrieved one way or the other. But i think they will surely fall inline.

i think with states like shettima bornu, Yobe, Elrufai kaduna, Buhari Kastina, and also Lagos with over 7million+ votes in the bags for him already...even taken out the lagos igbos voters, he is sure of getting atleast 4million votes in Lagos from the 7m+(debatable tho).
And also, if we are to include the Buharis factor, if things play out according to plan, you might notice he made buhari the chairman of his campaign council, the buhari block votes is his target with that moves.

Also southwest, even irrespective of the uproar in muslim-muslim ticket, southwest dont discriminate or marginalise that much. It is omoluabi first before anything... Reason why taking out oyetola of osun out of the context, there is no muslim south-west governor presently. The osun muslim voted him out too, they rate competency above any other thing in the south-west. So hopefully for tinubu, he might count on that facts too. But if it doesnt work, then Tinubu is in hot soup, because with the north preently not sure for anyone and can swing anyway, tinubu need south-west vote than anything. So he needs to get there and convince the voters especially christians about his inclusive plan he have for them.

South-south and south-east, tinubu will fight for his life here, well all he needs is just 25% here. He shouldnt expect much not even in the APC controp state. I think those states are for OBI not even Atiku except we see some OKowa's factors and maybe PDP resolves their issue with the southern-governors, then we can start having a situation of a vote-sharing between obi and atiku in that region too.

The only thing in Tinubu way to presidency is the muslim-muslim thing, but only applied to the North-central where we have lot of serious christians who dont joke with religion. The plus for him is the infighting in PDP, and the fact that obi and Atiku will be sharing lot of PDP traditional votes.

cc Mynd44 cc. Seun. cc. Nlfpmod
cc. N3tral cc. TCtrills

Trash

A thread for the batifieds to come and wail their succulent tears for us... grin

They are wailing some of them a re even drinking sniper because everyday they are seeing Tinubu's chances disappearing before their eyes...

Oh what a time to be alive... How karma works. Tinubu single handedly destroyed Goodluck Jonathan... And mama peace... He sponsored Red media and other top PR firms to slander abuse and even ridicule the family of GEJ

Today his supporters are crying about the same violence they brought into Nigerian politics!!

They labeled the southsouth a region of drunkards. They called mama peace a hippopotamus, they called southeast okoros ... Today they are crying and opening threads up and down the whole place . This one is suing style to be toasting Atiku so that Atiku can pity Tinubu small

3 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by kcnwaigbo: 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2022
grin grin How can Tinubu be luckiest with only the SW as stronghold? Stop smoking weed

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by derecho(m): 8:19pm On Sep 25, 2022
You even read the thrash
kcnwaigbo:
grin grin How can Tinubu be luckiest with only the SW as stronghold? Stop smoking weed
Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by aariwa(m): 12:16am On Sep 26, 2022
Agbado analysis

1 Like

Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by MasterJayJay: 12:24am On Sep 26, 2022
Imagine a devil trying to judge God.

You should have used your other account na as a disguise. You think we don't know you.

I didn't bother to read it at all because from username, I knew how stupid the post will end.
Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by KanwuliaExtra: 12:27am On Sep 26, 2022
Nothing to dissect o.
JUBRIL is not contesting.

Sooooo, who ever pays the highest rigging fee will be declared winner. Watch out for APC the greatest of all CHEATS-after OBJ of course! cheesy

Bullion vans are moving fast.

For St. Obi that does not give shi-shi plus with God and the “suffering youth” population as “structure”. . . . It will have to take a miracle to monitor that extremely corrupt INEC that always pretends to do the right thing.

Right now it is going to be a three-horse-race.

Na do or die for Tinubu and Atiku. Let us see how the desperate they will get and how the ObiDusfuls will back up their zillion-man/woman-marches with PVCs.

Bottom line? Can INEC be trusted? Answer-NO!
Las las-the elections will be a regional affair and we know what the outcome will be ESPECIALLY if a Northerner is in charge of INEC(Tinubu don dey panic)!
Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by trutharena: 2:48am On Sep 26, 2022
In spite of all the propaganda against Tinubu, he is a very focused and determined leader, and every day he thinks about how to make Nigeria great again.

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by zaimeg: 3:29am On Sep 26, 2022
Tinubu will find it difficult to win the NW and NE over Kwankwaso and Atiku. With the increasing Obi momentum, Atiku has to go for broke in the core north. There is an ongoing battle for who the prominent Islamic clerics will endorse. So what is Tinubu's pathway? He may end up winning only the southwest. Go to forums where Hausa is spoken and you will understand. There is a lot of anger against the APC by the average northerner. I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by trutharena: 4:41am On Sep 26, 2022
Nothing haters say will sway my vote for Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by trutharena: 7:31am On Sep 26, 2022
Tinubu's propaganda is pointless because he is a very focused leader and he always thinks of how to make Nigeria great again.

2 Likes

Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by Agboriotejoye(m): 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
Lol. Drunk Op said Tinubu will get 4m votes in Lagos. Same Lagos where elections have been monetized and agberofied that total turnout is less than that of Oyo state sometimes.
Can you tell me how exactly you expect to push out 4m voters from Lagos? Are you going to flog them out of their homes? grin grin
Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by stanluiz(m): 3:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
trutharena:
In spite of all the propaganda against Tinubu, he is a very focused and determined leader, and every day he thinks about how to make Nigeria great again.
No you are wrong.

He thinks how he will loot and share Nigeria treasurey to his families, friends and cronies.
Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by festacman(m): 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
Ok
Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by Dangrace01: 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
In all things vote Peter Obi for president
Re: Obi, Atiku, Tinubu: Dissecting Their Chances Of Winning by Afamed: 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
Remove Obi from this presidential race. The contest is between Asiwaju and Atiku.
Presidential election is not a tea party.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Asaba Mega Rally For Peter Obi Postponed Over Security Concerns / The Crowd In PDP Kick Off Campaign Is Not Up To Asaba Obidient Rally. / Moment APC & PDP Chieftain Stylishly Avoid Answering Question On Obi Popularity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.