Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Minimalist Of Nairaland How Far? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Minimalist Of Nairaland How Far? (322 Views)

Your Background Can Determine How Far You Go In Life / No Matter How Far You Have Gone The Wrong Path, You Can Always Turn Around / My Mom’s Market List 1984: See How Far Nigeria Has Gone (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minimalist Of Nairaland How Far? by zanshi: 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2022
I pride myself to be a staunch minimalist who majored in Economics and hails from Ijebu, that's how minimalist i am. The idea of minimalism stems from being shrewd with financial resources and utility thereby basking in elegance and doing more with less. Being a minimalist every Naira counts and you cannot afford to be selective about it, when you are on top of your finances it gives you a sense of responsibility in handling resources prudently and having a stock pile of dough you can sap from.

The idea of me being a minimalist was borne out of being financially responsible in saving long term for whatever i wanted to buy as a young adult, growing up, i didn't have a plethora of friends and family who handed out favours just so i could do just ever i wanted, if i wanted just about anything i would have to cut back on some excesses and have a lean budget so as to achieve my financial goal i set.
Being a minimalist doesn't go on well with everyone as some people would berate you for not living your best life and amongst friends and co-workers, you maybe looked down upon and may even be ostracized in some social circles. Your dating/relationship may also tank as most female counterpart may not be understanding on your decision on going financially monk since every young person out there is splurging.

The cost of living crisis that has swept across households and the working class in various continents is something a lot of mainstream economist are still yet to get an answer for. This has made a lot of the working class cut back on what they could afford on their disposable income a few years aback, this ordinarily has invoked people has made people to live responsibly and do more with less. There has also been discussions around how minimalism can influence our daily lives in all spheres, the daunting effects of climate change are a stark reality that stares us in the face and as cosmopolitan we may have become, we must be awoken to this reality. In states like California in the US, there has been some warnings the govt has issued out so county's to cut down on their water usage and even do away with watering their lawns.

1 Like

Re: Minimalist Of Nairaland How Far? by Reinamaria(f): 11:57pm On Sep 25, 2022
You're not a minimalist, you're simply frugal at best.

1 Like

Re: Minimalist Of Nairaland How Far? by afficionado7: 1:22am On Sep 26, 2022
Reinamaria:
You're not a minimalist, you're simply frugal at best.

I was just about to say this. Minimalist living encompasses a lot more than just finances.

2 Likes

Re: Minimalist Of Nairaland How Far? by Karleb(m): 1:56am On Sep 26, 2022
Minimalism doesn't make sense when you have access to excess material.

Why would you decide to use just 1gb of data when you have unlimited data?

Pray that God/nature should bless you while you double your hustle.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Relocation Sales:- Private Property / Household Items For Quick Sale / Ignore!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.