Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings (42786 Views)

Man Beats His Wife After She Blocked Police From Arresting Him (Disturbing Pics) / 12 Yahoo Boys Arrested By EFCC At Club 57 Lagos (Photos) / Thief Congratulates Guinean Police For Arresting Him After He Stole N2M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by odaniel1(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2022
Almost $20k minimum earnings per month? shocked

Aint no money like internet money! tongue

9 Likes

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Yankee101: 2:27pm On Oct 05, 2022
I checked his YouTube page. The views are not enough to make a splash except if you have a different youtube account

The EFCC perhaps wasn't all wrong

But who can tell without all the facts

1 Like

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by donforeign: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
DanieleLorenzo:

Lol. He should be worried about EFCC paying the 75 mill.
what's funny
Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Coldie(m): 2:32pm On Oct 05, 2022
thebosstrevor1:
I believe one of those jealous Nigerians must have reported him to EFCC or he broke money laundering laws unknowingly, could also be a witch hunt because of his political content.

The lawyer who was suppose to protect him was already incapacitated when she saw her bank client and partner ( conflict of interest)

Efcc took action, they knew he was legit that is why they couldn't sue him to court but they wanted to frustrate him.

They guy sue them back and won but i doubt they will give him one dime for damages.

No jealous Nigerian reported him to efcc, many of his friends and circle who knows he is into YouTube already know he is legit, sometimes this whistle blowing comes from bank staffs who are hoping to collect their share from his money.

Because if it was a stranger who did it, efcc won’t go and be freezing his bank accounts first they would have raided his house first

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by cocoduck: 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2022
ediko5:

High court awarded 100m Naira damages, Appeal court slashed to 75 million and the young man is crying that the legal fee from high court to appeal court is more than what the appeal court awarded
The payment was slashed by 75%, not to 75million. Learn how to listen

2 Likes

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by ofuonyebi: 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2022
justice gotten whether upside or downside is good
it is better than no justice at all
afterall you and your family can now walk free and proud in the public

you can start allover again and still make it better than before
so, no panicking and no shaking omo .....it is part of lifes experience
just mooove oonn!

1 Like

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Coldie(m): 2:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
Yankee101:
I checked his YouTube page. The views are not enough to make a splash except if you have a different youtube account

U guys are underestimating wickedness in Nigeria. Efcc can seal or delete or even inform google that ur account should be closed based on fraud investigation against u. It’s just like someone running a business and fbi flags it for fraud, immediately they will close it down.

This big companies and international organisations don’t know that Nigeria is anyhow place they take what they hear from Nigeria to heart, that’s how a comedian was framed and his pictures were taken with one tanked of tramadol and put by ndlea on the internet Just because he brought out camera to video them when they said they want to search his house

5 Likes

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by StayMotivated: 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2022
His previous 2 youtube channels was taken down. He had lot of traffic on the previous channel. The Youtube channel he posted this video is a new one.
michaellovaldo:
I checked the guy's YouTube channel just now,the highest views he has on a video is 14k views

He got all these properties from a total video views of Less than 50k?
Not taking any sides,just saying

9 Likes

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Coldie(m): 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2022
ofuonyebi:
justice gotten whether upside or downside is good
it is better than no justice at all
afterall you and your family can now walk free and proud in the public

you can start allover again and still make it better than before
so, no panicking and no shaking omo .....it is part of lifes experience
just mooove oonn!
It’s all dz talk of just move on that destroyed Nigeria. If he had moved on when efcc first seized his properties and assets would he be getting this justice now?

1 Like

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by teblu(m): 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2022
Can you even read at all?

High court awarded 100m Naira damages, Appeal court slashed to 75 million and the young man is crying that the legal fee from high court to appeal court is more than what the appeal court awarded[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Microwhy: 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
Educated illiterates everywhere.
You called your dad and brother to do what, To go on there knees and start begging?
Next time, the first thing to do is, I want to speak with my lawyer.
Dont alter a word. Just demand for your lawyer.
Your lawyer should be seated with you when you present those evidence in the first place.
You would never have spent the second night even if you slept in their custody the previous night.
Call your lawyer first.....

2 Likes

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Bigkoko: 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2022
Look my friend, good you won them in court. But i tell you, if it were in the USA, those crooked cop that requested for a $5000 bribe even when they know you are squeaky clean, will collect. Spiritually or physical. You can't destroy a clean man business and hope to be safe on this earth, i keep records! That is how the West sanitized their cities. Until they start getting it hot too, these bribe madness will not stop, Peter Obi or not. I can imagine those not lucky as you are! Those who cave in. Those were silenced with active support from their lawyers & bankers or family members.

On Issues like this mercy should be tossed away! It takes a really wicked and depraved human being to demand bribe from an innocent man! Asking a criminal might be understandable in some quarters but an innocent man? I swear you go collect.

ediko5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOLrhoMTEsk

A young Nigerian Jude Bela has won the Nigeria Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) at the appellate court for illegal detention, and confiscation of his properties all in the name of "he's too young to make money from Google Adsense"

According to the video shared by Jude Bela on his YouTube page, trouble started back in 2019 when the EFCC ordered 2 Nigerian banks UBA and Polaris banks to freeze all his accounts on suspicion of money laundering. He was invited to the EFCC office where he was later detained for four days and thereafter his house was searched where the EFCC took his house and business documents and later seized his cars and house.

According to Bela, he showed EFCC his source of income which is Google Adsense from YouTube but the argument from EFCC was that he was too young to have such an amount. After much frustration by EFCC and its refusal to charge him to court, he decided to sue the EFCC at the federal high court where he won the case against the gross violation of his human rights. The case was appealed by EFCC at the appeal court and the appellate court also upheld the judgement of the high court.

During this trauma period, he lost everything, his business, joy and YouTube channel

Watch the emotional video above:

https://fij.ng/article/efcc-thought-youtuber-jude-bela-was-into-fraud-then-they-asked-him-for-5000-bribe/

4 Likes

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by emetisuccess(m): 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2022
When I dey read stupid things like this e dey pain wey wey. What's the meaning of u are to young to get this kind of money. Which kind poverty mentality be this. Thunder wherever u are locate efcc stupid officers them. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by GistFullGround: 2:47pm On Oct 05, 2022

I feel so sad; go to the Supreme Court, you may be surprised that they will up the amount to like N500million just to teach the EFCC a lesson!

2 Likes

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Ventura1: 2:48pm On Oct 05, 2022
Everyone involved in the ordeal of this young man will never know peace. From the EFCC officers that knows the truth but deliberately wanted to frustrate this man, to the Judge that slash the damages knowing fully well what it takes to pursue the case that level, they will end up miserable.

7 Likes

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by budaatum: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2022
sylve11:
I am happy he won against EFCC but my worry is that they may never pay him 1 kobo.

This country ehn! undecided cool

They he should sue them again.

Was he awarded compensation though?
Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by GENES11S: 2:53pm On Oct 05, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

I checked the guy content from his first channel

They witch hunted him because of politics.

His content are all about politics and some relating to endsar

Oh I see.
In that case he should have sued them for more than 100mil.

But the problem be say Nigeria government no dey ever obey court order. Even that 75mil, he might not get it in the next 10 years. He might have to somehow move the case to supreme court.

1 Like

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2022
YouTube better find a way to remove those fraudulent comments that direct you to a WhatsApp number . That was one almost want to liquidate my pennies by going to clone a real financial service websites. Anyway I spoke to the financial service firm and notify them their website is been clone. Only to be accuse by YouTube that my contents were spam,didn't meet their community standard bla bla bla I was like biko I never make shishi from you na , ... Just be careful when it comes to anything internet. ..look very well even the popular ecommerce stores are getting cyberattacked.
Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Beey(f): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2022
ediko5:

High court awarded 100m Naira damages, Appeal court slashed to 75 million and the young man is crying that the legal fee from high court to appeal court is more than what the appeal court awarded
where did you read 100M
& 75M? He said he was awarded 5M but the high court later reduced that amount to 1.5M which wasn’t enough to cover the costs he’d incurred. What a lawless country? Someone cannot earn a lot of money because the people at the top have an issue with it. Someone can just confiscate your property and freeze your account without a court order.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by UpdatesDissect: 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2022
This is scary
Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Fearyourcreator: 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2022
Letlovelead213:
They wanted to frustrate him. Thank God I am a youtuber. It’s a legit means of income. Can’t wait to soon be earning from YouTube and be free. But in d meantime I need a job badly

Best thing is for him to move out of Nigeria and go to Ghana or UK and keep shooting his videos.. imagine a pastor and a local government chairman and efcc agent trying to make him give them 5000$. Out of his legitimate earnings or is it easy to come up with contents, face the fear of FOPO (fear of other people opinions) face the camera and hit record?

Countless days of drinking garri and groundnut.
His channel was was shut down but he will bounce back again. Any Efcc way come harass me will face d same embarrassment in court and more. That’s why it’s good to be legit o
May we not be unfortunate... Life can be somehow sometimes... They did real bad... But if you legit it always better anytime anyday... Legit people rarely have cases like this
Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Slymonster(m): 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
Yankee101:

That's a new account bro. There is money on the internet if you know what your doing. I used to tease a friend of mine who was on Tiktok till i realized they do pay her.

1 Like

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Msmither: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
Omo see money, be like I will have to start my own YouTube chanell.

That's some serious money right there.

1 Like

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by nightsaint(m): 3:09pm On Oct 05, 2022
This experience is not unique. You may be surprised how common it is. Young and enterprising Nigerians pursued to stupor by government agencies bent on stiffling their progress. And you wonder why the country remains the way it is!
ediko5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOLrhoMTEsk

A young Nigerian Jude Bela has won the Nigeria Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) at the appellate court for illegal detention, and confiscation of his properties all in the name of "he's too young to make money from Google Adsense"

According to the video shared by Jude Bela on his YouTube page, trouble started back in 2019 when the EFCC ordered 2 Nigerian banks UBA and Polaris banks to freeze all his accounts on suspicion of money laundering. He was invited to the EFCC office where he was later detained for four days and thereafter his house was searched where the EFCC took his house and business documents and later seized his cars and house.

According to Bela, he showed EFCC his source of income which is Google Adsense from YouTube but the argument from EFCC was that he was too young to have such an amount. After much frustration by EFCC and its refusal to charge him to court, he decided to sue the EFCC at the federal high court where he won the case against the gross violation of his human rights. The case was appealed by EFCC at the appeal court and the appellate court also upheld the judgement of the high court.

During this trauma period, he lost everything, his business, joy and YouTube channel

Watch the emotional video above:

https://fij.ng/article/efcc-thought-youtuber-jude-bela-was-into-fraud-then-they-asked-him-for-5000-bribe/

1 Like

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by brandsoncharlie: 3:15pm On Oct 05, 2022
Letlovelead213:
They wanted to frustrate him. Thank God I am a youtuber. It’s a legit means of income. Can’t wait to soon be earning from YouTube and be free. But in d meantime I need a job badly

Best thing is for him to move out of Nigeria and go to Ghana or UK and keep shooting his videos.. imagine a pastor and a local government chairman and efcc agent trying to make him give them 5000$. Out of his legitimate earnings or is it easy to come up with contents, face the fear of FOPO (fear of other people opinions) face the camera and hit record?

Countless days of drinking garri and groundnut.
His channel was was shut down but he will bounce back again. Any Efcc way come harass me will face d same embarrassment in court and more. That’s why it’s good to be legit o
Wetin him Dey go Ghana go do? That useless country and people with hatred for their fellow Africans And Nigerians.
I will never advise any Nigerian to go to any African countries for anything. If you get money go Europe or North American countries .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by NairalandMD: 3:19pm On Oct 05, 2022
Keeping a low profile is the goal especially here in africa, even if you're not a fraudster as long as you're into online hustle you'll surely be tagged a "Yahoo Boy" here in Nigeria.
Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Evergreen4(m): 3:21pm On Oct 05, 2022
ediko5:

Read again, he was awarded 5millions by high court but appeal court slashed it to 1.5million. That's why he's complaining

1 Like

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Nathan2016: 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2022
MVLOX:
coolImagine.... So me way just start to earn dollars through remote jobs go soon be an endangered species Na.... I dey wait for them.... Mad people

Lol

You are already an endangered specie bro. LOL
Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by AutoRedux: 3:29pm On Oct 05, 2022
Youtube money na oil money normally.

3 Likes

Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by HIPROFILE(m): 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2022
This is the result of allowing incompetent persons in key government positions...

Buhari and APC appointed empty heads into offices
Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by Letlovelead213: 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2022
Tboymessiah:

And we suppose reason o, base on that YouTuber, but base on work u need can u drive?

Yes I can drive bro. I am based in ijegun
Re: Jude Bela Defeats EFCC At Appeal Court For Arresting Him Over Youtube Earnings by lightwind(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2022
MVLOX:
coolImagine.... So me way just start to earn dollars through remote jobs go soon be an endangered species Na.... I dey wait for them.... Mad people
Bro please teach me how to earn money online

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Don’t Do Crystal Meth : My Experience / Girl Rescued After 3 Boys Attempted To Cut Off Her Head For Rituals In Delta / Man Chops Off Hand Of Another Man During A Fight Over A Girl (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.