Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,453 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man (3758 Views)

Trailer Kills 2 FUOYE Students Who Are Siblings & A Bike Man / Two Students Found Dead In Their Room After Eating The Food They Sent A Bike Man / See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by TheGreatIYANU: 8:19am On Sep 27, 2022
The bigotry on this thread stinks to high heavens.

Goddy and his father were 100,000% WRONG!

Having lived in core north for over a year and had dealings with northern okada riders I can beat my chest and say they will never falter on an agreement.

If you both agree ₦50, when you arrive, you money will be ₦50 when you arrive.

I'm Yoruba but one of the people I can have complete rest of mind doing business with are the Northerners.

Goddy wanted to use agidi to obtain the okada guy and he was having none of it. I have noticed that these guys are usually maltreated because of their seeming lack of education. This is bad.

Treat everyone with love and equal respect.

Expected more from Mr. Smart though...

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by tolugar: 8:41am On Sep 27, 2022
Patrick1095:
When the bike man had returned from making his calls, I heard Goddy shouting at the top of his voice with the passer-by that the okada boy should call whoever he wanted to call. Few other boys joined Goddy and they were ready to devour the okada man at this point so he took to his heels leaving his bike. Another neighbor of our's who was watching the incident quickly took the bike, met him half and gave him back his bike. Peace was about returning within a period of 15minutes when we all heard the sound of about 50 bikes gathering infront of Mr. Smart's house and demanding that Goddy be brought out. Other neighbors had at this time gone to the scene to pacify the situation but the angry mob kept demanding that Goddy be brought out or they burn down the house. My mum whom had previously asked I and my siblings not to interfare quickly ran to the local chief's palace to act fast hence none of us had the police's number...(continue reading the story from the comment)

All these troubles because of 50 naira.

Avoid case by all means guys
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by verifiablefacts: 8:56am On Sep 27, 2022
I did not see anywhere an illiterate was mentioned,or all okada riders are illiterates?

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by eventainment(m): 9:21am On Sep 27, 2022
The oppressor became the oppressed.. northerners aren't our enemies but the government is. Trying to be mean to people comes with a consequence sometimes. These northerners to a large extent are honest. You agreed on a price then because you feel it's your zone you can pay whatsoever you like and the biker should humbly accept as your slave that he is... Instead on just 50 naira extra 7k was paid with great plea. When you treat someone like an animal always expect them to behave like one... Action and react are equal and opposite
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Stanweezy(m): 9:44am On Sep 27, 2022
Sucre6:
I have been in godddys situation before, believe me, those okada people are terrible, they know how to ferment troubles, u guys will agree on a price, only for them to change mouth and demand a higher pay as soon as you arrive your destination, they will insult you without provocation.

If you don't know how to control your anger, u may be forced to behave like Goddy.

The best option is to bergain for price b4 climbing and again make sure u have the said amount without requiring them to give u change if not they will give u change of any amount they wished.

Those guys are terrible, i know how to follow them

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by lereinter(m): 9:45am On Sep 27, 2022
They want to burn the house for doing what

Which state did this happen?

Pls if you carry Okada, always confirm price don't assume the rider will accept a price

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Daniel058(m): 10:55am On Sep 27, 2022
In life, you need to know when to claim to know your right if not, You will live regretful life on earth. Ordinary #50 ,now cost your parent #7,000 with Abeg .
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Slynation(m): 10:57am On Sep 27, 2022
Reason why people need to apply sense in all they do, one thing is very certain, the keke, bikes and buses all belongs to various unions ready to support there colleagues... Now 7K ended up solving what ordinarily #50 would have solved.

And I think the boys father didn't act mature, he could have quickly paid the #50 in time for things not to escalate instead of begging the biker to accept the price...

Trading words with this riders, conductors, Agberos is to the detriment of your health because this sect of people can give up there lives for common ordinary simple #20, but the big question is can you do the same?? When in a public transport, I do my best part to avoid situations like this, I simply complete the disputed money to avoid had I known on both parties...

People should always apply sense in cases like this, if you didn't bordered to ask for the price of any journey, it means you are capable of chesting whatever price you're given...

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by OperationalVehi: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2022
OptimmusPrimme:

Shut up your mouth! There’s no way you will agree on price with any Hausa/Fulani man and he’d later turn around to reneged on the agreement. We all know the only stupid ethnicity that is fond of doing such.

I have never seen any of your stupid people correcting themselves in any wrongdoing. You will always team up to cover your crimes & wrongdoings.

Stupid people with entitlement mentality. They will go and start trouble and when the consequences of their ill-thought actions boomerang, they’ll start running helter-skelter trying to play the victim.

Their vacuous ancestors did the same thing and 3Million souls were slaughtered at the abattoir.

I wish this incident had occurred in the core North so that the Hausa/Fulanis could impart into your empty skulls - the bitter lessons that would have rebooted & corrected the evil ideological indiscipline & decadence that you inherited from your hairy-gorilla-chestbeating & yam-legged parents.

Hahahah you and the guy bin get fight before grin grin
You are a good literature student by the way
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Salihusaliheen(m): 11:08am On Sep 27, 2022
Make sure u and bike man bargain,but some will just climb na when them reach destination na there problem go begin.
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Sucre6: 11:22am On Sep 27, 2022
Stanweezy:

The best option is to bergain for price b4 climbing and again make sure u have the said amount without requiring them to give u change if not they will give u change of any amount they wished.

Those guys are terrible, i know how to follow them

U are very correct
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Popesuccess(m): 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2022
Patrick1095:
Well, i think we still need them because the nature of our roads. They just need to be oriented and monitored. People need to be wise dealing with them. Always bargain and never allow them know your place of residence.
I have intervened so many times and even had to use my money. The truth is that most people especially those from the southern part of Nigeria treat and talk to this northern Okada guys as if there are nothing and beneath them. Most of then cannot speak english, so if you start speaking grammer and calling them names, it will only get then angry. But if you can talk to them kindly and beg if necessary, they forgive and let go easily.
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by gassbee: 12:26pm On Sep 27, 2022
This type of situation always occur wen both d okada n passenger do not settle price before d passenger climbs d bike.
To avoid trouble always settle price first before u climb bike if not okada man go chance u

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by sharpwriter(m): 12:53pm On Sep 27, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:
..........from adding #50 to paying 7k with abeg.

Gra gra no dey always pay
This is the morale of the lesson!
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by sharpwriter(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2022
Deasegun19:
people are stupid and like unnecessary wahala, the initial 50 naira increase turn 7000.

rubbish, them don chop belleful dey look for trouble.
nonsense
That's the morale of the lesson! grin
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by sharpwriter(m): 1:25pm On Sep 27, 2022
falcon01:
exactly there's no way you make an agreement with an okada man and he'll hike the price, the only instance is when you ask him to branch somewhere, stay here, stay there, collect this and in his mind he'll be making new calculations and adding prices, infact common sense should tell you to compensate him for changing the course of the ride.
Apt! Nigerians like to cheat themselves... They like to kill 4 birds with a stone!
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Patriotsleague: 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2022
Don't let abokis have their own enclaves in your state and community, don't give Northerners titles or positions in your state, don't let them have their own communities in your states, and lastly Okada must be banned in the entire Southern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Baronthecelebri: 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2022
That guy is stupid, quote instead of adding 50,he was there doing grab gra,why did he hid, and the police officer that were there demand for 7k to settle
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by yomi961: 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2022
OptimmusPrimme:

Shut up your mouth! There’s no way you will agree on price with any Hausa/Fulani man and he’d later turn around to reneged on the agreement. We all know the only stupid ethnicity that is fond of doing such.

I have never seen any of your stupid people correcting themselves in any wrongdoing. You will always team up to cover your crimes & wrongdoings.

Stupid people with entitlement mentality. They will go and start trouble and when the consequences of their ill-thought actions boomerang, they’ll start running helter-skelter trying to play the victim.

Their vacuous ancestors did the same thing and 3Million souls were slaughtered at the abattoir.

I wish this incident had occurred in the core North so that the Hausa/Fulanis could impart into your empty skulls - the bitter lessons that would have rebooted & corrected the evil ideological indiscipline & decadence that you inherited from your hairy-gorilla-chestbeating & yam-legged parents.
seun rule 2

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by BeardedMeat(m): 4:07pm On Sep 27, 2022
OptimmusPrimme:

Iswap member spotted.
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by texannaija: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2022
ItsGoodToBeGood:
..........from adding #50 to paying 7k with abeg.

Gra gra no dey always pay

I dey tell you grin
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by seanwilliam(m): 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2022
OptimmusPrimme:

Abi o
Honestly , I don’t think an Hausa/Fulani man can change the price you both have agreed on.
For dem, agreement is an agreement.
Infact , if Goddy had talked to him nicely and begged, I’m sure the matter wouldn’t have escalated ..

Generally Hausa/Fulani people are nice in respective of their jobs. But I just hate their religion extremism sha..

The story no clear
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by seanwilliam(m): 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
falcon01:
exactly there's no way you make an agreement with an okada man and he'll hike the price, the only instance is when you ask him to branch somewhere, stay here, stay there, collect this and in his mind he'll be making new calculations and adding prices, infact common sense should tell you to compensate him for changing the course of the ride.
even if you ask Hausa guy to wait here and there, trust me he won’t hike the price when you finally get to your destination. But as you said, common sense demands that he should be compensated..
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Fulanbanza: 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2022
OptimmusPrimme:

shut up that gutter you call mouth there mumu. Okada man has done the same thing to me one time. I bargained with the Okada to take me to my church at #150 and he agreed but when I got to my church gate he started saying I should give him #200 that #150 is too small because he thought I was going to another church, meanwhile I explained properly to him and he said he knows the place but had to change price. I just had to gave him the #200 because I am someone that doesn't like long talks especially because of chicken change.

Some okada men are unreasonable. You are a big idiot
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by falcon01: 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2022
ALABACONNECT:
Actually, it happens. Has happened to me before. When they either don't know the way or encounter a certain level of traffic.
"when they don't know the way or encounter a certain level of traffic" are the keywords here. Like I said Common sense should tell you he should be compensated for that.
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by falcon01: 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sucre6:

Pray not to jam dem especially when it rains, they will tell you that they didn't know the road was that bad, therefore u will have to pay more, happened to me more than once before
that means there is a condition attached to the hiking of the price, the road was bad they should be compensated atleast, adding 20 to 50 naira won't hurt you. If the road was clear they won't hike the price.
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2022
falcon01:
"when they don't know the way or encounter a certain level of traffic" are the keywords here. Like I said Common sense should tell you he should be compensated for that.
One thing you should know is this, the change shouldn't be forced on the passenger. The rider goes through the same route everyday and should know the state of the road at a particular point in time. I move from Iyana iba to Alaba for 200 early morning and 300 around 5. If I get a bike by 5 @ 200, that's my bargain power and at no point should I be forced to pay higher even if we spend 30 minutes more than we should. I give the extra 100 out of free will.
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by Nyamuri: 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2022
It's a lie! Hausa bike men are known to be trust worthy.. It's either he didn't negotiate or he tried to play on the bike man's intelligence!

no okada changes his price after a specific amount has been agreed!

I won't be surprise if the culprit is Ibo just like u! U guys are kno to be arrogant and loud mouthed!!
Sucre6:
I have been in godddys situation before, believe me, those okada people are terrible, they know how to ferment troubles, u guys will agree on a price, only for them to change mouth and demand a higher pay as soon as you arrive your destination, they will insult you without provocation.

If you don't know how to control your anger, u may be forced to behave like Goddy.
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by sorextee(m): 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2022
This is what I do and also told my siblings and friends to do same. Before I enter keke, bus or okada, I will bargain first. Wen we done with the bargaining, I ask them if they have change, assuming I'm carrying a big denomination. It's very rare for a Hausa bike man to change price along the way. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but rare. There was a time I took a bike, to a location. After all the negotiation ritual, we finally got to the place. I paid d guy. D guy thought he actually had change. But later realized he miscalculated. Las Las, he didn't collect money from me. Weeks later, I ran into him, but him no recognise Me.i was going elsewhere. After him drop me, I added 200 naira to d money. Him begin ask why I add money. I reminded him of what he did weeks back in so so place. He was happy o. Him sha thank me.

Now back to the story, I guess d passenger didn't negotiate with d rider. I see no reason why he had to act smart. These okada guys are more United than anything. Never mess with them. In all honesty and sincerity, among the three main tribes, na Hausa people nice pass. Asides the fact I'm a northerner, I've lived with them all my life. The only thing is, DONT MESS WITH THEIR RELIGION. they can die cos of it. I wish they are not extremist.
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by LocalStandard1(m): 11:42pm On Sep 27, 2022
OptimmusPrimme:

You think you are the most violent group in the world? This are the kinds of things that course crisis in Kaduna, Jos, etc.

If everyone tastes for blood like you people you think people will be called humans? The Okada riders will not try this in KD.
Re: My Neighbor's Experience With A Bike Man by jumper524(m): 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
fman:

Make them ban okada!!
These guys are something else..
place swherr Okada were banned experienced increased crime rate. What to do is not to allow an increment in their number and then set regulations for them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unified Entrance Exams For Universities,polytechnics,e.t.c / How Much Is Nekede Poly Evening Prog ND 2 School Fees?? / This is what we call a perfect JAMB Score 342(Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.