Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. (5384 Views)

Avoid These Things When Fasting And Praying / See How Odumeje Left Dying Ada Jesus Helpless After Much Begging. Endtime Pastor / Two Things That Happens During Sex. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 4:39am On Sep 27, 2022
Depression is not domiciled in some races, countries, tribes or continents, rather it's a global thing. Depression does not know the rich nor the poor, it does not know the beautiful nor the ugly, rather it overwhelmes those who can't resist it's forces.

The forces (reasons) of depression vary from one person to another. However, it can be summarized that forces of depression come when we are either being added to or subtracted from.

To some, depression sets in when they (human) are being added to with something e.g when one engages in new bad habits (being added to) that he or she is not proud of. The new ''negative habit'' that he/she can not control is the burden of depression ( helplessness ) upon his/her life. On the other hand, some experience depression ( helplessness ) when something is being subtracted from them. Take for example, when some lose their loved ones they become depressed (helpless or hopeless).

WHAT TO DO WHEN DEPRESSED ( HELPLESS OR HOPELESS ) ?

* Genuinely Confess and repent of your sin and follow God in a time of depression. This will help you draw God to your side to help you incase it came as a result of sin.

* Begin to proclaim the good promises of God to you from his words. Focus on these good promises of God for you.WHY?

Proverbs 4:23
Be careful how you think. Your life is shaped by your thoughts.

Hebrew 4:12
For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Other Bible passages to meditate on when depressed ( hopeless or helpless )

Phillipian 4:8
“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”

Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for peace and not for evil, to give you a future and hope.”

Phillipian 4:13
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

Deuteronomy 31:8
“The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”

Proverbs 3:5-6
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight.”

Psalm 23:4

“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”

Psalm 9:9
“The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.”

Joshua 1:9
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Isaiah 41:10

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by orisa37: 5:33am On Sep 27, 2022
JUST PRAY.

1 Like

Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 5:12am On Sep 29, 2022
Depression is defeated!!
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 6:10am On Sep 30, 2022
Gvcg.
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 10:41am On Oct 01, 2022
Happy New month!!
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 4:21am On Oct 02, 2022
Proclaim God's promises.
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 8:45am On Oct 03, 2022
Depress your depression.
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 6:58am On Oct 04, 2022
Frustrate your depression by the word of God
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 7:03am On Oct 04, 2022
Good morning.
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2022
Happy day
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 10:08am On Oct 06, 2022
You are a winner over depression
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2022
God bless us
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 6:38am On Oct 08, 2022
Depression is instrument of the devil
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 4:38am On Oct 09, 2022
smiley winkFg
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by orisa37: 8:43am On Oct 09, 2022
HAPPY SUNDAY.
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 5:56am On Oct 10, 2022
[left][/left]hgfh
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 7:58am On Oct 11, 2022
Gmmm..
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 8:32am On Oct 12, 2022
Read the word of God
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 11:33am On Oct 13, 2022
smiley winkGh
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 6:45am On Oct 14, 2022
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 6:27am On Oct 16, 2022
Overcome depression by proclaimibg God's blessings
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 6:18am On Oct 17, 2022
Good morning
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 7:20am On Oct 18, 2022
smiley wink
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 6:08am On Oct 19, 2022
Good morning
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 4:57am On Oct 20, 2022
Proclaim God's blessings
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2022
Depress your depression!!
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 10:07am On Nov 13, 2022
wink winkBsa
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 8:27am On Nov 14, 2022
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 6:27am On Nov 15, 2022
Happy morning
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 6:06am On Nov 17, 2022
Right Good
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 6:26am On Nov 18, 2022
Good Morning
Re: DO THESE TWO THINGS WHEN DEPRESSED, HOPELESS OR HELPLESS. by Corrections: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2022
wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ijaw Religion! / Who Is A Heretic Before God? / Top Magic Tricks Jesus Performed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.