Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

My Mom Is A Tribalist - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Mom Is A Tribalist (3233 Views)

My Mom Is Igbo - Desmond Elliott Speaks Igbo As He Begs For Votes In Church / 5 Most Tribalist State In Nigeria / Tribalist Test, Take This Test And Know If You Are A Tribalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Zionmdde: 9:23am On Sep 27, 2022
VandalSavage:
angry)
Your mum's mentality can lead her to hell
Most times Igbos are maltreated in houses owned by yorubas for no just reason. She is using drunkeness as an excuse, be sincere, igbos and yorubas who drink and smoke more?

I once had a landlady in lagos, That woman hated me for nothing. I don't smoke, I don't drink, no lady ever visited me, I clean the compound on Saturdays yet this.woman doesn't allow me go to work early She locks up the gate and pretends as if she doesn't hear my knocks on her door. The day I packed out I didn't even bother to say bye to anyone.

Don't let ur mother be such a tribalist. The world is a small place. She might pass that hatred over to her children and your own children. I am happy you recognise that what she is doing is bad

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by adedayoa2(f): 9:36am On Sep 27, 2022
Your mum doesn't want wahala, she learnt the hard way and wants to avoid trouble by all means.

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by JohnnA1: 9:42am On Sep 27, 2022
adedayoa2:
Your mum doesn't want wahala, she learnt the hard way and wants to avoid trouble by all means.
Don't be deceived, the poster is an IGBO/IPOB!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by adedayoa2(f): 9:44am On Sep 27, 2022
JohnnA1:
Don't be deceived, the poster is an IGBO/IPOB!
really? He should stop stressing us jare.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by onumadu: 9:45am On Sep 27, 2022
Perfectly normal human behavior if you ask me. lol
The problem is that, when an Igbo landlord does the same to a Yoruba renter, you see complaints flying anyhow ... "how can they do this to us in our land!" grin
The world is a place of HUSTLE. If you can (yes I can), and want (NO, I don't and won't), you may build your own house in Lagos, or team up to build one.
Hate can go either way, but what I hate is complaint.
Nobody owes anybody anything on this planet.
I repeat, what I hate is complaint!

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by descarado: 9:49am On Sep 27, 2022
Look for another story. This one has casted since last year.

You won't go and look for menial job to do while waiting for ASUU or jamb.
Lazy Nigerian youth.

5 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by SHINJA: 9:58am On Sep 27, 2022
Dapson73:
Your mom is the best you can have.

Those igbos hate Yoruba for no just cause.

Your mom deserves an award.

The igbo's don't hate Yoruba,just that igbo's have this bad mouth to insult other people.

Our main enemies in Yoruba land are the Fulani's and Hausa..

Almost every year the Hausa always fight us in Ur own land..

God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by 2elliot: 10:00am On Sep 27, 2022
Two Yoruba men caused me to sleep in police cell, which was my first and only experience visiting the police station since I always try to be law abiding. That experience was so terrible that I still get nightmares just thinking about it. I was so angry and determined in my heart to hate the Yorubas. But then, I changed my mind. I remember my experience while I was travelling for NYSC. I got to Kogi state so late in the night because our vehicle broke down on the way, and at a certain junction, all vehicles stopped plying. I was scared because it was so dark and lonely. I was pulling my luggage which was making noise, and was praying to God to protect me. I was still trekking when someone flashed me a torch from a dark corner. My heart almost cut. He shouted and asked who I was, and so I answered that I was a corper who was stranded. He felt pity for me and asked me to wait for him. And he went and brought a bike and asked me to enter. This good Yoruba Samaritan drove me to my destination which was over 20minutes. When i checked the time, it was alread 1AM in the morning. I couldn't believe myself. I was so thankful. He even declined to collect the fare. So, guys, despite all the bants here, I still hold the Yorubas in high esteem. What I am learning is to judge individuals based on their character and not a whole tribe. My own elder brother hates Akwai Ibom people because of what one of them did to him, which caused him to be depressed and suicidal at the time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Tunjibalogun: 10:05am On Sep 27, 2022
RenaissanceGuy:
Actually that's not a case of tribalism. She was acting from a personal experience that she's still dealing with. I have an Igbo in-law and I'm proud to say that he's one of the most sensible and gentlemanly persons that exist on Earth.
Same thing exactly that Whites do to blacks and u all wail and call it racism. How can a group of people because of tribe determine how others behave. That's why I don't involve myself with all these tribal bullshits

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by juman(m): 10:06am On Sep 27, 2022
Igbos hate all tribes, everyone hate them in return.

7 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by juman(m): 10:09am On Sep 27, 2022
Those two igbo tenants are not too bad like many igbo tenants.

Igbo tenants many times pay only the initial two years rent, the following rent you have to take them to court to get it.

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Perfectbeing(m): 10:09am On Sep 27, 2022
phorget:

Igbos don't hate yorubas, fulanis should rather be the common enemy but yorubas would rather embrace their enemy and they will see igbos as the new enemy.
The Fulani enemy didn't stone Awolowo when he campaigned in the North. The friendly Igbos did.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by kolaaderin: 10:10am On Sep 27, 2022
VandalSavage:
Recently I have made a shocking Discovery

I always taught foolish tribal bigots only exist on nairaland and can't carry their madness to the real world, but now I realise that my own mother is also a tribalist

Story time

I'm from a pure Yoruba home,we were formally Muslim but my mom and sister converted to Christianity

recently I came back home to visit my sister in Abuja and I stayed at my mum's place, my mom has a housing properly that's a bit modern

During my visit one of her agent brought someone that is interested in renting an flat my mom discussed with them the pricing and every nothing strange yet,but when they left she said she won't be given them the house cause they were igbos

Shocked by that statement I asked why, cause the person interested in the house looked very responsible and he spoke respectfully

She said she isn't taking any more igbos into her house that she already has two in the house and they're giving her a very hard time

She said the first is an igbo family of 7,of the 5 children 2 are into Yahoo one smokes weed and one of them is very violent always fighting with neighbors

The other igbo tenant she said can't mind he's business always bothering others and is a drunkard

I told her that is not a good reason to not give the house to other igbos cuz of the behaviour of those,but she didn't listen,she said if she allow a

I've also noticed she never have anything good to say about igbos, always following the stereotype that igbos love money

I don't know if this recently started or maybe I've just never noticed it,it's shocking cause she's not even into politics like that

And btw she hates tinubu so we can't say it's because of election

Does anyone here have any experience with a tribalist family members,your advice is needed

(WARNING:I'm a certified comrade if any tribal fool find their way to this trend looking for attention your parents didn't give you, you'll be dealt with accordingly angry)
Your mum has given you reasons and they are facts experience from many other Landlord. 2 families are already in the house, how else do you want her to prove to you that her mind is clear about the tribe. You should be her worry now as it seems your own brain has been stolen by those Obi supporters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Conner44: 10:17am On Sep 27, 2022
lhordspy:
when i wanted getting married, the first thing my grandmom ask is : ' Hope she isnt igbo' ?

The only tribe igbos appeal positively to in the whole of Nigeria are they igbos themselves.

See this one. You’re a learner. Your grandmother is just asking because she’s pitying your pocket.

Bmc like you. Highest urchin. 30k hold belle palliative collector.

if igbo umunna give you list can you pay ? You think it’s beans to marry igbo? Your mama no want make you broke.

See this one undecided

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Minime10(f): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2022
VandalSavage:

I always taught foolish tribal bigots only exist on nairaland and can't carry their madness to the real world, but now I realise that my own mother is also a tribalist

Story time

I'm from a pure Yoruba home,we were formally Muslim but my mom and sister converted to Christianity

recently I came back home to visit my sister in Abuja and I stayed at my mum's place, my mom has a housing properly that's a bit modern

During my visit one of her agent brought someone that is interested in renting an flat my mom discussed with them the pricing and every nothing strange yet,but when they left she said she won't be given them the house cause they were igbos

Shocked by that statement I asked why, cause the person interested in the house looked very responsible and he spoke respectfully

She said she isn't taking any more igbos into her house that she already has two in the house and they're giving her a very hard time

She said the first is an igbo family of 7,of the 5 children 2 are into Yahoo one smokes weed and one of them is very violent always fighting with neighbors

The other igbo tenant she said can't mind he's business always bothering others and is a drunkard

I told her that is not a good reason to not give the house to other igbos cuz of the behaviour of those,but she didn't listen,she said if she allow a

I've also noticed she never have anything good to say about igbos, always following the stereotype that igbos love money

I don't know if this recently started or maybe I've just never noticed it,it's shocking cause she's not even into politics like that

Does anyone here have any experience with a tribalist family members,your advice is needed

(WARNING:I'm a certified comrade if any tribal fool find their way to this trend looking for attention your parents didn't give you, you'll be dealt with accordingly angry)

Oga your mom has every right to decide who she let into her property and who she does not.
Go and build your own house & give it to as many igbos as you may wish.
Greater percentage of the igbos are naturally troublesome. I manage properties where some igbos are staying, and I can tell you for free that they are very troublesome people.
Your mom's decision over her property has nothing to do with bigotry, but with her overall peace of mind & interest.

5 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by HolyMan12: 10:23am On Sep 27, 2022
VandalSavage:

Story time

By the time she discovers that an Igbo man is steady banging her daughter grin

she will die grin

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by phorget(m): 10:41am On Sep 27, 2022
Perfectbeing:
The Fulani enemy didn't stone Awolowo when he campaigned in the North. The friendly Igbos did.

And were you able to profile them to be igbos? What year was that if I may ask? And you mean that singular act automatically made igbos become yoruba enemy? Your sense of reasoning should be examined bros.
We are thinking on how best to move a country forward but people like you would prefer an enemy just to spite igbos...nah wa o.
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by TrackerXL: 10:44am On Sep 27, 2022
Your real mother on Earth be she a Yoruba or Igbo is indeed a lunatic for being a bigot.

VandalSavage:

Story time

1 Like

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by dododawa1: 10:47am On Sep 27, 2022
In LAGOS state,Igbo don't give YORUBA house BUT do give them,go OKOTA and ask.
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by swarley75(m): 10:55am On Sep 27, 2022
See foolish boy come Nairaland dey call him mama tribalist. See the problem with we Yoruba is we always try to form woke and act accommodating in a country as divided like Nigeria. I even have some foolish friends that doesn't see any good in their own tribe Yoruba always blaming the Yoruba for anything that happens even in SE.

Don't worry OP I pray your mother changes her mind and give all the apartment to Igbos and I bet you in the next few years you sef no go fit enter the house again cos by that time dem go don finally OCCUPY the house from your mama or even kill her sef. I SWEAR YOU FOOLISH, CALLING YOUR OWN MOTHER TRIBALIST because OF A TRIBE THAT DOESN'T WISH YOU WELL.

6 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Perfectbeing(m): 10:56am On Sep 27, 2022
phorget:

And were you able to profile them to be igbos? What year was that if I may ask? And you mean that singular act automatically made igbos become yoruba enemy? Your sense of reasoning should be examined bros.
We are thinking on how best to move a country forward but people like you would prefer an enemy just to spite igbos...nah wa o.
The stoning happened in Igbo land did it?

And see your double standard.
What act did the Fulanis do that made them the enemy?
Was James Onanefe a Fulani that stole billions from Delta State and was sentenced to prison terms in UK?
Was Powei a Fulani enemy that stole billions and pretend to faint on national TV when he was queried?
Was the it the Fulani that killed Chike Akunyili (husband of Dora Akuniyili)?
Was it the Fulani enemies that killed those soldier couple in the SE?

Speaking of Fulani enemies, was Atiku not a Fulani when Peter Obi contested as his vice in 2019?

What would have happened if Atiku had won?
Do you realise he'd be President with Peter Obi as his vice?

You nor even know where dey pain you.
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by ASAPFERG1: 11:00am On Sep 27, 2022
More long life to your mother...
That cursed tribe should be avoided at all cost
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 27, 2022
VandalSavage:

Story time

She's not a tribalist. She's being realistic. I was like you before (not judging people by their ethnic origin). Until I lived in a place having more than 3 yiibos in the same place (during my NYSC). They changed my mind quickly. When I went to live in the north the common denominator I found among many people of different ethnic groups I met is their agreement that yiibos are not the type of people to have living around you. I even worked in an office where it almost became a policy not to have more than 2 yiibos employed at the same time because of their distruptive nature.

5 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 27, 2022
HopeSpencer:

Yammuri trying to find a way to paint Yoruba black. Shebi all IPOBIANS are billionaires, why are they tenants?

Lolz. You actually know them and their delusion.
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by swarley75(m): 11:49am On Sep 27, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

She's not a tribalist. She's being realistic. I was like you before (not judging people by their ethnic origin). Until I lived in a place having more than 3 yiibos in the same place (during my NYSC). They changed my mind quickly. When I went to live in the north the common denominator I found among many people of different ethnic groups I met is their agreement that yiibos are not the type of people to have living around you. I even worked in an office where it almost became a policy not to have more than 2 yiibos employed at the same time because of their distruptive nature.

That Boy doesn't know anything yet, I bet he still lives with his mum or he hasn't travelled out of Lagos or SW before. See the mumu dey call him mama tribalist. Good for nothing child

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by wingmanIII: 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2022
plaindealer:
grin grin grin grin

Obviously Reno has lost it. A mean, petty tribal bigot. Let's see where all these will end.
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Odunayo221: 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2022
Nice take about this love story ���
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by wingmanIII: 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2022
juman:
Igbos hate all tribes, everyone hate them in return.

You foolishly believe your own tribe is loved? Deluded mugu!
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Urflucked: 12:28pm On Sep 27, 2022
She’s just dull.
Sorry OP.
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by phorget(m): 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2022
Perfectbeing:
The stoning happened in Igbo land did it?

And see your double standard.
What act did the Fulanis do that made them the enemy?
Was James Onanefe a Fulani that stole billions from Delta State and was sentenced to prison terms in UK?
Was Powei a Fulani enemy that stole billions and pretend to faint on national TV when he was queried?
Was the it the Fulani that killed Chike Akunyili (husband of Dora Akuniyili)?
Was it the Fulani enemies that killed those soldier couple in the SE?

Speaking of Fulani enemies, was Atiku not a Fulani when Peter Obi contested as his vice in 2019?

What would have happened if Atiku had won?
Do you realise he'd be President with Peter Obi as his vice?

You nor even know where dey pain you.

The igbos melted worse treatment to Ekweremadu in Germany so if Awolowo received such treatment as you claimed then that means igbos would correct any anomalies irrespective of whosoever is involved.
The fulanis has been in charge of this country with nothing tangible to show for it and they even believe the country to be their birthright so politically they are our enemy.
Prior to 2015 election worst thing was been done to Jonathan by yorubas and hausas so I guess Jonathan and Bayelsans should have a good reason to hate the yorubas and hausas for life since stoning Awolowo is your yardstick for measuring hatred.

You dare mention Akunyili, did igbos killed Funso Williams right there in Lagos? Was Kudirat Abiola got murdered in igboland? Did Oladipupo Diya got imprisoned by an igboman?
Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by Perfectbeing(m): 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2022
phorget:

The igbos melted worse treatment to Ekweremadu in Germany so if Awolowo received such treatment as you claimed then that means igbos would correct any anomalies irrespective of whosoever is involved.
The fulanis has been in charge of this country with nothing tangible to show for it and they even believe the country to be their birthright so politically they are our enemy.
Prior to 2015 election worst thing was been done to Jonathan by yorubas and hausas so I guess Jonathan and Bayelsans should have a good reason to hate the yorubas and hausas for life since stoning Awolowo is your yardstick for measuring hatred.

You dare mention Akunyili, did igbos killed Funso Williams right there in Lagos? Was Kudirat Abiola got murdered in igboland? Did Oladipupo Diya got imprisoned by an igboman?
Actually only few Fulanis have ruled Nigeria. Unless you mean the whole North is the problem.

In 2011, the Yorubas were one of the top people that supported Jonathan election.. Even more than the Igbos.
Prior to 2015 elections they felt they were being sidelined by GEJ's government since no Yorubas was at the top 6 position of his Government. Then plus of the Boko Haram insurgency, they decided to support someone else they think would do better over Jonathan. Is anything wrong there?

3 Likes

Re: My Mom Is A Tribalist by tsdarkside(m): 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2022
frank14011991:
It's not about being tribalistic, she is only acting base on experience

its true....their love for money is terrible....
i experienced it myself too....

and you have obi scandals too....

i dont know.... undecided undecided
each has their reasons to dont like something.... undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Niger Delta: Nigeria's Vietnam In The Making? / Street Begging Banned In Plateau / Economic Confidential Portfolio Of Mrs Cecilia Ibru - Release By Efcc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.