Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

John Mikel Obi Retires From Football - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Mikel Obi Retires From Football (42183 Views)

John Mikel Obi Returns To Training Ahead Of Clash Against South Africa / John Mikel Obi: Biography, Net Worth, Salary, Age, And Family / John Mikel Obi Playing With His Twin Daughters (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by AmadorSays: 9:38pm On Sep 27, 2022
Congrats Mikel, you're truly a Nigerian soccer legend. Meanwhile get yourself an Oraimo Rock to enjoy uninterrupted sound experience even when you're in public, the ENC feature it's got is amazing.

Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Melagros(m): 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2022
kenzysmith:
Asamoah Gyan, mutari,badu,Suarez, and other super stars went back to their and played at least a season to give back to their league but our players no go ever come back how the league want take grow setting bad examples even yenkini who was Nigeria all time scorer and an afcon winner humble himself to play in the NpFL. no be your fault baba na okocha and them KANU wey dey feel too big to come play for our league na. Start am
You said something reasonably

1 Like

Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Dikaveli(m): 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2022
Idamond:
stop age forgery una no gree, na so musa @29 return back to kano pillar..

35 years no be beans

Ronaldinho, kaka retired at what age?

Fabian delph at 32 retired today
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by BannedLarge: 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2022
kenzysmith:
Asamoah Gyan, mutari,badu,Suarez, and other super stars went back to their and played at least a season to give back to their league but our players no go ever come back how the league want take grow setting bad examples even yenkini who was Nigeria all time scorer and an afcon winner humble himself to play in the NpFL. no be your fault baba na okocha and them KANU wey dey feel too big to come play for our league na. Start am

The same country that kidnapped his dad when he was playing at the world cup

2 Likes

Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Toluensdollars(m): 11:02pm On Sep 27, 2022
He made me fall in love with football. The Holland 2005 World youth championship was the best. My luv and passion for Chelsea grew strong after he signed for the club. Am very happy he achieved everything an African footballer can achieve in the game.

1 Like

Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Eastlink(m): 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2022
Happy Retirement Obi. I joined Chelsea all thanks to Mikel. Mikel will forever remain my football hero. I just feel like crying. undecided
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by jonbat(m): 11:42pm On Sep 27, 2022
Who cares, after all his waisted years at Chelsea, it's a shame to to even imagine that this same Michel came second after messi in same tournament. Nonsense and ingredients
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by moshino(m): 11:59pm On Sep 27, 2022
michael1508:

Are you daft or something worse,if you quote me again,may you die a miserable death.
You just jump on people's comment to look for who to bash.
If your peanut sized brain can't comprehend my eulogy to him,then I'm not sorry for you.

Is this the best you can come up with? You just answered my original question, you haven't achieved much, and from the look of things, it doesn't seem likely in the future neither.
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by kingBolton: 2:31am On Sep 28, 2022
kenzysmith:
With the current situation of Nigeria, if Mikel was your brother will you advice him to go on that risky adventure?
Imagine Mikel traveling with his team mates to go and play and their bus get attacks or he gets kidnapped.
You don't give back by just playing in the league, you can provide platform for young stars to show case their talent, something he is doing already.
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Okhuadams(m): 3:04am On Sep 28, 2022
kenzysmith:
As usually they will always have something bad to say
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Agugbadin: 4:09am On Sep 28, 2022
Long overdue.
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Nobody: 4:13am On Sep 28, 2022
While other african players dey support their countrymen,nigerian players dey do advert for betting companies to ruin lives.
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Pokka5(m): 5:05am On Sep 28, 2022
michael1508:
A great bow out to a champ,you have given your own quota to the national team.
I feel you would have achieved more as a player if you were not converted to a dmf, the Obi of 2005 under 20 world cup was fire,he was second to Messi.
i c
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Ofolete: 5:53am On Sep 28, 2022
Fryzi:
Mikel wasn't lucky with football. Happy retirement Sir.
Someone who won EPL 4 times fa cup 2 times Carling cup 3 times Europa 1 champions League 1 and nations cup 1 wasn't lucky with football. Chai! Iwu isi egburu mma.
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by cheezy4real(m): 6:19am On Sep 28, 2022
kenzysmith:

with all these insecurity, pls park well
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Thryphosa(m): 7:19am On Sep 28, 2022
My favourite player, Drogba and Mikel is the reason I became Chelsea fan. All the best bro. You had a great football career. Mikel is my own world best anyday anytime.
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Tegabadguy(m): 10:55am On Sep 28, 2022
agadam:
BREAKING: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football After 20 Years Of Professional Career

Former Chelsea and Super Eagles Midfielder, John Mikel Obi has announced his retirement from football via his Instagram account on Tuesday, 27 September, 2022.

Mikel John Obi, born on 22 April 1987, is a Nigerian professional footballer who formally played as a defensive midfielder.

Mikel began his career with local club Plateau United, before joining Norwegian club Lyn at the age of 17 in 2004.

In 2006, he made a controversial transfer to English club Chelsea after Manchester United claimed they had already signed him.

He stayed with Chelsea for 11 years, before moving to China with Tianjin TEDA in 2017. After two years in China, he returned to England on a short-term deal with Middlesbrough, before joining Trabzonspor on a free transfer in July 2019.

Mikel moved back to England in August 2020 joining Stoke City. In a 14-year international career between 2005 and 2019, he played 91 times for Nigeria, scoring six goals.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjAv5FDKoLq/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
you don try
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Fryzi(m): 11:42am On Sep 28, 2022
Ofolete:

Someone who won EPL 4 times fa cup 2 times Carling cup 3 times Europa 1 champions League 1 and nations cup 1 wasn't lucky with football. Chai! Iwu isi egburu mma.
Anu ohia! He was lucky to be in clubs winning those cups. You only know Mikel in Nigeria because he's Nigerian, other than that, nobody else can else will remember him.
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Fryzi(m): 11:43am On Sep 28, 2022
marwanafrica:

Ur talk no get weight at all.
E easy to carry champions league?
Because he was lucky to be in among the team that won it.
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by megastu(m): 2:43pm On Sep 28, 2022
Rashidi Yekini came back and signed for Julius Berger
kenzysmith:
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Tonytonex(m): 3:14pm On Sep 28, 2022
Mikel tried. Good luck on your new endeavors. He has won everything wonable
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by benjanny(m): 7:09pm On Sep 28, 2022
Happy Retirement
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Ofolete: 9:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
Fryzi:
Anu ohia! He was lucky to be in clubs winning those cups. You only know Mikel in Nigeria because he's Nigerian, other than that, nobody else can else will remember him.
Amuma gbagbue gi na otutu na ehihe ma na abali. Idiot!
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Fryzi(m): 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2022
Ofolete:

Amuma gbagbue gi na otutu na ehihe ma na abali. Idiot!
Efulefu Aturu.
Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by kals4luv990(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2022
Abeg wen victor Ayigbeni go Retire

Re: John Mikel Obi Retires From Football by Ofolete: 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2022
Fryzi:
Efulefu Aturu.
Mpeteri di Ka gi. Ewu awusa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mali Vs Ivory Coast: AFCON 2023 Quarter-final (1 - 2) On 3rd February 2024 / Conor Mcgregor Set To Overtake Cristiano Ronaldo On Forbes Athlete Rich List / Isreal Adesanyo Loses UFC259 Fight Against Jan Blachowicz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.