Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Why God Can Never Become A Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why God Can Never Become A Man (1260 Views)

Why God Says I Must Become President Of Nigeria - Young Man of God / The Real Reason Why God Prohibits Women Pastors / Things You Never Thought God Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why God Can Never Become A Man by Abdulgaffar22: 8:18am On Sep 28, 2022
Why God can never become a Man

First premise ; Existence of God has no beginning. In other words, God does not begin to exist. This is because if God began to exist, then there would be need for another God to bring that God into an existence and the cycle would be repeated to form an infinite regress. Hence, God must not begin to exist.

Do you believe in the first premise ? If no please signify. If yes, let's proceed to the next premise

Second premise ; If God does not begin to exist, then God did not create Himself at first instance. This is because something that was created must definitely have beginning.

Do you believe in the the second premise? If no please signify. If yes, let's proceed to the next premise.

Third premise ; If God did not create Himself at first instance, then God was not the determinant of His own nature since His nature was not created by Him. But God is the sole determinant of the nature of all things that He created.

Do you believe in the third premise ? If no please signify. If yes, let's proceed to the next premise

Fourth premise ; If God Himself was not the determinant of His own nature, then God cannot just "change" or "transform" His own nature to something else .

"I am the Lord. I change not (Malachi 3:6)
"

Do you believe in the fourth premise ? If no please signify. If yes, let's proceed to the conclusion

Conclusion ; If God cannot just "change" or "transform" His own nature to something else, then God's nature cannot be modified in any way ( either by addition or by subtraction) to become or acquire human nature .

Hence, Jesus (a human baby that developed inside the womb of a woman) cannot be God.

“This is what the Lord says—Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:

I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no God. Who then is like Me? Let him proclaim it............ Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides Me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.” (Isaiah 44:6-9)

It's very clear from the verses above that only God the Father ( as indicated by the personal pronoun I and Me) was speaking in exclusion of any other person. Now if the speaker (i:e God the Father) declared that "there is no other God besides Me", then how can you still believe that Jesus, a Man, (who is quite different from God the Father) is also God ?

Even Jesus himself also confirmed this obvious truth when he said ;

this is eternal life, that they may know You (i:e the God the Father), the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You (i:e the God the Father) have sent (John 17:3)

Again, it's very clear that the Man called Jesus was addressing another person (i:e God the Father) apart from himself as the only true God. Therefore, if God the Father is the only true God according to Jesus and Jesus is not the same person as the God the Father, then Jesus cannot be God.

Have you ever thought that if Jesus is truly not God and you deliberately take him as God, then you have certainly committed idolatry.

Qur'an declared as follows ;

"Those who say: "God is the Jesus Christ, son of Mary" have certainly fallen into disbelief. But the Christ himself said: "O Children of Israel! Worship God, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners with God, then God has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the polytheists there are no helpers (Qur'an 5:72)"

1 Like

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by advanceDNA: 8:46am On Sep 28, 2022
Why do u people worry about what christains belive iñ that you have to be so desperate to use the same bible u call altered, false and imcomplete to justify your narrative..??
Wether Jesus is not the sone of God .
. christians are still infidels to you that u just want to behead, so whats really the point of your stories...

There are tons of religions in the world...u muslims dont talk about any of them... is it that christians are a threat to you??

1 Like

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Abdulgaffar22: 10:00am On Sep 28, 2022
advanceDNA:
Why do u people worry about what christains belive iñ that you have to be so desperate to use the same bible u call altered, false and imcomplete to justify your narrative..??
Wether Jesus is not the sone of God .
. christians are still infidels to you that u just want to behead, so whats really the point of your stories...

There are tons of religions in the world...u muslims dont talk about any of them... is it that christians are a threat to you??

If you really love your fellow human beings, you must be concerned about their welfare both in this world and the next life.
But if someone is negligent and doesn't have conviction in his own belief, then how can he have the zeal to lovingly and logically call his fellow human being to the truth. So my brother, it's nothing but LOVE in assisting your fellow human being to correct the errors in his belief.

The reason why we're targeting Christians is because Muslims and the Christians are only the people that believe in Jesus as being sent by God. Of course, if you see people in a motor accident, you will firstly rescue the people (i:e the Christians) that are still alive but seriously wounded and you would neglect, for the main time, the people ( atheists and others) that have died before coming back to them.
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Dtruthspeaker: 10:13am On Sep 28, 2022
Abdulgaffar22:

First premise ; Existence of God has no beginning.

Second premise ; If God does not begin to exist, then God did not create Himself at first instance.

Third premise ; If God did not create Himself at first instance, then God was not the determinant of His own nature since His nature was not created by Him.

Fourth premise ; If God Himself was not the determinant of His own nature, then God cannot just "change" or "transform" His own nature to something else .

Do you believe in the fourth premise ? If no please signify. If yes, let's proceed to the conclusion

Conclusion ; If God cannot just "change" or "transform" His own nature to something else, then God's nature cannot be modified in any way ( either by addition or by subtraction) to become or acquire human nature .

Hence, Jesus (a human baby that developed inside the womb of a woman) cannot be God. ...

Is this not MADNESS?

Exactly like a madman gathering, a coke bottle, carburettor, laptop shell and tyre and saying all of them means a car is not a car.

It seems today is Madness day.
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Dtruthspeaker: 10:20am On Sep 28, 2022
Abdulgaffar22:

If you really love your fellow human beings, you must be concerned about their welfare both in this world and the next life.
But if someone is negligent and doesn't have conviction in his own belief, then how can he have the zeal to lovingly and logically call his fellow human being to the truth. So my brother, it's nothing but LOVE in assisting your fellow human being to correct the errors in his belief.

The reason why we're targeting Christians is because Muslims and the Christians are only the people that believe in Jesus as being sent by God. Of course, if you see people in a motor accident, you will firstly rescue the people (i:e the Christians) that are still alive but seriously wounded and you would neglect, for the main time, the people ( atheists and others) that have died before coming back to them.

Even the church goers who are semi atheists do not easily look for you people for your kind of help, (this tells you everything) not to talk about Christians who are not even looking for help from any man at all.

I don't think I have seen a situation where a person in an accident calls for help from a madman. That itself would be another accident. grin
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by advanceDNA: 10:22am On Sep 28, 2022
Abdulgaffar22:

Lol....u likened atheist and other religions to people that are dead....meaning they dont need saving ?? At least, your prophet ddnt pretend his motive was love....

Even in your islam....you still hate each other and consider some people inferior saying some are shitte or sunni

Your religion is not about love..it has never been ..... its about invalidating others to make yourself right and eliminating them....thats why u people see nothing wrong in killing your fellow muslims that dont agree and other religions.....thats why u always want islamic state...and no other religion or opinion...

.thats how mohammed began and took peoples land from them....u religion is not love..its a political tool of take over disguised as religion.....

..if it were love..u just need to preach your gospel and it will validate itself in the heart of those who hear it.....u dont need to invalidate others to make urs true....u dont have to use other faith's or bible text u call false to prove your religion right....

2 Likes

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Dtruthspeaker: 10:40am On Sep 28, 2022
advanceDNA:

Lol....u likened atheist and other religions to people that are dead....meaning they dont need saving ?? At least, your prophet domt pretend his motive was love....

Even in your islam....you still hate each other and consider some people inferior saying some are shitte or sunni

Your religion is not about love..it has never bee ..... its about invalidating others to make yourself right and eliminating the....thats why u people see nothing wrong in killing your fellow muslims dont agree and other religions.....thats why u always want islamic state...no other opinion...

.thats how mohammed began and took peoples land from them....u religion is not love..its a political tool of take over disguised as religion.....

..if it were love..u just nees to preach your gospel and it will validate itself in the heart of those who hear it.....u dont need to invalidate others to make urs true....u dont have to use other faith's or bible text u call false to prove your religion right....

Also about dominating and subjugating others and then he calls enslavement, "saving".

I wonder what he calls murdering, maybe orgasm.

1 Like

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Steep: 10:48am On Sep 28, 2022
Abdulgaffar22:

First premise ; Existence of God has no beginning. In other words, God does not begin to exist. This is because if God began to exist, then there would be need for another God to bring that God into an existence and the cycle would be repeated to form an infinite regress. Hence, God must not begin to exist.

Do you believe in the first premise ? If no please signify. If yes, let's proceed to the next premise

Second premise ; If God does not begin to exist, then God did not create Himself at first instance. This is because something that was created must definitely have beginning.

Do you believe in the the second premise? If no please signify. If yes, let's proceed to the next premise.

Third premise ; If God did not create Himself at first instance, then God was not the determinant of His own nature since His nature was not created by Him. But God is the sole determinant of the nature of all things that He created.

Do you believe in the third premise ? If no please signify. If yes, let's proceed to the next premise

"

Hence, Jesus (a human baby that developed inside the womb of a woman) cannot be God.

I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no God. Who then is like Me? Let him proclaim it............ Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides Me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.” (Isaiah 44:6-9)

It's very clear from the verses above that only God the Father ( as indicated by the personal pronoun I and Me) was speaking in exclusion of any other person. Now if the speaker (i:e God the Father) declared that "there is no other God besides Me", then how can you still believe that Jesus, a Man, (who is quite different from God the Father) is also God ?

this is eternal life, that they may know You (i:e the God the Father), the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You (i:e the God the Father) have sent (John 17:3)

Again, it's very clear that the Man called Jesus was addressing another person (i:e God the Father) apart from himself as the only true God. Therefore, if God the Father is the only true God according to Jesus and Jesus is not the same person as the God the Father, then Jesus cannot be God.

Have you ever thought that if Jesus is truly not God and you deliberately take him as God, then you have certainly committed idolatry.

"Those who say: "God is the Jesus Christ, son of Mary" have certainly fallen into disbelief. But the Christ himself said: "O Children of Israel! Worship God, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners with God, then God has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the polytheists there are no helpers (Qur'an 5:72)"

When God took on the form of man he didn't cease from being God.
When you put on clothes do you stop being a human being, does that reduce or increase your humanity?

Same way when God became man it didn't add or remove his divine nature.
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by advanceDNA: 10:49am On Sep 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Also about dominating and subjugating others and then he calls enslavement, "saving".

I wonder what he calls murdering, maybe orgasm.

They call murdering doing allah's work and defending their faith....i dont know how anyone is a Muslim....a religion that justifies killings in 2022 over anything they which to call blasphemy...a religion that think they are going to heaven to fvck 70 virgins..like what da heck kinda heaven is that....

Killing is greater work than preaching to them

1 Like

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Dtruthspeaker: 10:52am On Sep 28, 2022
advanceDNA:

They call murdering doing allah's work and defending their faith....i dont know how anyone is a Muslim....a religion that justifies killings in 2022 over anything they which to call blasphemy...a religion that think they are going to heaven to fvck 70 virgins..like what da heck kinda heaven is that....

Killing is greater work than preaching to them

As God said "the heart of men seeketh evil" so I expect people to love wicked and evil gatherings.
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Abdulgaffar22: 11:08am On Sep 28, 2022
Steep:

When you put on clothes do you stop being a human being, does that reduce or increase your humanity?

"12 The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. 14 Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it." (Mark 11:12-14)

According to theory of incarnation and hypostatic union, Jesus was both human and God at the same time during his mission on the surface of the Earth. Therefore, if the fact that Jesus was hungry (as stated in the passage above) reflected his human nature, then similarly his divine nature should be reflected by the fact that Jesus knows everything. However, this is not the case!

It is very clear from the passage above that Jesus didn't know whether the fig tree had fruits or not until he reached the tree. Yet one of the indisputable attributes of God is having a perfect knowledge about all things.

In the light of this very evidence, how can anyone reasonably believe that Jesus is God ?

1 Like

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Steep: 12:45pm On Sep 28, 2022
Abdulgaffar22:

"12 The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. 14 Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it." (Mark 11:12-14)

According to theory of incarnation and hypostatic union, Jesus was both human and God at the same time during his mission on the surface of the Earth. Therefore, if the fact that Jesus was hungry (as stated in the passage above) reflected his human nature, then similarly his divine nature should be reflected by the fact that Jesus knows everything. However, this is not the case!

It is very clear from the passage above that Jesus didn't know whether the fig tree had fruits or not until he reached the tree. Yet one of the indisputable attributes of God is having a perfect knowledge about all things.

In the light of this very evidence, how can anyone reasonably believe that Jesus is God ?

The hypostatic union means Jesus is God and Man and so could exhibit both attributes.
Limited wisdom is an attribute of a human which Jesus demonstrated.
It does not contradict, Jesus human nature is limited in knowledge not his God nature.

1 Like

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Abdulgaffar22: 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2022
Steep:

Remember what you stated up there ; the fact that God became man didn't remove his divine nature. Hence, if Jesus was still having his divine nature during his mission on the Earth, why he didn't know that fig tree had no fruits ? Or his divine nature was absent from him during that very period of time ?
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Dtruthspeaker: 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2022
Abdulgaffar22:

Does He need to know?
No!

If He knew before then would it stop Him from doing what He did if He wanted to take that option?
No.

Since He knew at the time relevant time did it stop Him from doing what He chose to do?
No.

See, you have nothing for God will always do whatever He chooses to do whether before, during or after an event.

And that ability to do that JUST PROVES THAT HE IS GOD IN DEED!
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Dtruthspeaker: 1:17pm On Sep 28, 2022
Abdulgaffar22:

Remember what you stated up there ; the fact that God became man didn't remove his divine nature. Hence, if Jesus was still having his divine nature during his mission on the Earth, why he didn't know that fig tree had no fruits ? Or his divine nature was absent from him during that very period of time ?

Because it is His Right to choose to fore-know or know at the relevant time or know after the event has occurred (after-know!)

IT IS HIS UNQUESTIONABLE RIGHT!
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Steep: 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2022
Abdulgaffar22:

If you have the ability to fly and walk but you choses to walk does that mean you have lost the ability to fly?
That Jesus chose to limit himself to his humanity does not mean the absence of his divinity.

1 Like

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Maynman: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2022
But he can have human emotions?
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2022
The issue is how much you know about that title "GOD" because there are many gods even though they're all lesser than the Almighty but they are Gods. Psalms 82:1, 6
If you understand this then you won't be here arguing over this unnecessary topic.
When Jesus walked the earth he prayed, cried and begged the Almighty God (not himself) so he WAS God just as Moses WAS God {Exodus 7:1} Jesus is not the Almighty God! John 20:17
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Abdulgaffar22: 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2022
Steep:

If you have the ability to fly and walk but you choses to walk does that mean you have lost the ability to fly?
That Jesus chose to limit himself to his humanity does not mean the absence of his divinity.

Yes, you can choose to walk when you have the ability to fly.

But when your ability to fly is highly expected and required (to convince the people who has never seen you flying) and you still choose to walk, then your ability to fly would be questionable.

Of course, we have all accepted that Jesus was a human being. The bone of contention is his divinity. However, when the evidence for his divinity (that Jesus is really an omniscient God) is highly expected and required to be displayed, the scripture (Mark 11:12-14) only give the evidence for his humanity at the expense of his divinity.
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Abdulgaffar22: 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2022
Besides, how can the same person be All-knowing and still possessing limited knowledge at the same time. Such attributes are contradictory ! They cannot exist together in the same person at the same time. One must disappear in order for the other to stay in one person. Or else you want to say that Jesus is composed of two different persons in which one person posses unlimited knowledge and the other person possess limited knowledge.
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Steep: 4:40pm On Sep 28, 2022
Abdulgaffar22:

Yes, you can choose to walk when you have the ability to fly.

But when your ability to fly is highly expected and required (to convince the people who has never seen you flying) and you still choose to walk, then your ability to fly would be questionable.

Of course, we have all accepted that Jesus was a human being. The bone of contention is his divinity. However, when the evidence for his divinity (that Jesus is really an omniscient God) is highly expected and required to be displayed, the scripture (Mark 11:12-14) only give the evidence for his humanity at the expense of his divinity.

The evidence of his divinity is also in the scripture.
The people around Jesus saw him do, teach the way a mortal man can not.

Luke 5:20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

Luke 5:21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?

The pharisee knew that only God can forgive sin, yet Jesus forgive sin.

Jesus called himself the "I AM" which is an exclusive name of God.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

So there is sufficient proof of both Jesus humanity and divinity in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Steep: 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2022
Abdulgaffar22:
Besides, how can the same person be All-knowing and still possessing limited knowledge at the same time. Such attributes are contradictory ! They cannot exist together in the same person at the same time. One must disappear in order for the other to stay in one person. Or else you want to say that Jesus is composed of two different persons in which one person posses unlimited knowledge and the other person possess limited knowledge.

That a man who can both fly and walk chose to walk does not mean his ability to fly disappeared.
Jesus is both man and God he can choose to display his humanity or his divinity.
Jesus can choose to be all knowing or he can chose to limit his knowledge.
To your question, omniscience is an attribute of God and also limited knowledge is an attribute of man, I am not saying Jesus was all knowing and not unknowing at the same time but rather he had both abilityat the same time and could manifest whichever he would.
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by TheRealOwner(m): 5:13pm On Sep 28, 2022
Mere men speaking for a being they have neither seen, heard or communicate with

Keep arguing over words written thousands of years ago. That's certainly how to better your lives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2022
TheRealOwner:

Keep arguing over words written thousands of years ago. That's certainly how to better your lives
Life on this planet keep getting worse everyday it's time to talk about our Creator who can fix it all for us! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by 43Ronin: 5:29pm On Sep 28, 2022
Steep:

You guys can't still see through the smokescreen? The roman Catholic church adopted the trinity doctrine just to legalised their worship to Mary. That is why they call Mary "Mother of God" instead of mother of Jesus. Did you also know that many Catholic bishops refused the trinity doctrine and hence left when it was adopted nevertheless.
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Abdulgaffar22: 5:59pm On Sep 28, 2022
Steep:
The evidence of his divinity is also in the scripture.
The people around Jesus saw him do, teach the way a mortal man can not.

Luke 5:20 And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

Luke 5:21 And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?

The pharisee knew that only God can forgive sin, yet Jesus forgive sin.

Jesus called himself the "I AM" which is an exclusive name of God.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

So there is sufficient proof of both Jesus humanity and divinity in the bible.

Do you know where the problem lies ? There are some verses in the same Bible that has nothing to do with Jesus humanity but simply appear to disprove his divinity.

For example ;
1. why did Jesus refer to God the Father as the only true God in John 17:3 if Jesus is also a member of a triune God ?

2. Why did God the Father declared in "Isaiah 44:6 that there is no God besides Me" if Jesus is God and he is obviously different from God the Father ?

3. Why did Jesus reject being called good and then stated that only God is good in Mark 10:18 ?

4. Why did Jesus clearly distinguish himself from God by saying believe in God and believe also in me in John 14:1 ?

5. Why did Jesus not clearly mentioned in Mark 12:29 that God is triune in nature rather than re-establishing the Jewish belief that God is one as mentioned in Deuteronomy 6:4 ?
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Steep: 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2022
TheRealOwner:

that book is the book of truth. It reveals the state of man, the truth about God and his plans for mankind.
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Abdulgaffar22: 6:12pm On Sep 28, 2022
Steep:

That a man who can both fly and walk chose to walk does not mean his ability to fly disappeared.
Jesus is both man and God he can choose to display his humanity or his divinity.
To your question, omniscience is an attribute of God and also limited knowledge is an attribute of man, I am not saying Jesus was all knowing and not unknowing at the same time but rather he had both abilityat the same time and could manifest whichever he would.

How can you possess two opposing abilities at the same time ? Is either Jesus is God (having unlimited knowledge) or Jesus is human (having limited knowledge). He cannot be both God and human at the same time. Take it or leave it

1 Like

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Maynman: 6:22pm On Sep 28, 2022
If you have unlimited knowledge and you can “chose” to limit it when you feel like, then you really didn’t limit it, you are just acting dumb and ignorant, you know exactly what you are doing.

Steep:

Since he has to choose between humanity and divinity, and when he chooses humanity he STOPS being divine. You said it, he has to “choose” one at a time.
If a man can fly and walk, and he STOPS his ability to fly, then he can no longer fly even though he USED to fly, we can no longer say he can fly again, so as your god when he “chose” to be human, we can no longer say he is divine.
Besides flying and walking are not opposites like limited and unlimited, you should have used walking and crippled.
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by TenQ: 6:53pm On Sep 28, 2022
Abdulgaffar22:

"

I'm so surprised you found yourself here. Your premise and argument is all faulty.

I will use your Islam to prove you wrong. But first, we need some clarifications!

Is your argument that
1. God cannot incarnate as a man (or any other form/shape)
or
2. God is not a man

Christians firmly know that God is not a man but God can incarnate as a man.
Num 23:19:
"God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: has he said, and shall he not do it? or has he spoken, and shall he not make it good?"

The ball in your court!
Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Steep: 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2022
Abdulgaffar22:

Do you know where the problem lies ? There are some verses in the same Bible that has nothing to do with Jesus humanity but simply appear to disprove his divinity.

For example ;
1. why did Jesus refer to God the Father as the only true God in John 17:3 if Jesus is also a member of a triune God ?
The context of Jesus words is in reference to other deities.
Jesus is not another deity separate rom the father same with the holy spirit.

2. Why did God the Father declared in "Isaiah 44:6 that there is no God besides Me" if Jesus is God and he is obviously different from God the Father
Jesus is not a separate God from the Father.

. Why did Jesus reject being called good and then stated that only God is good in Mark 10:18 ?
Jesus the man who Jesus was speaking to only saw Jesus as a mere mortal.

. Why did Jesus clearly distinguish himself from God by saying believe in God and believe also in me in John 14:1 ?
in the Trinity there is distinction of personhood

5. Why did Jesus not clearly mentioned in Mark 12:29 that God is triune in nature rather than re-establishing the Jewish belief that God is one as mentioned in Deuteronomy 6:4 ?
Do you know that Deutronomy 6 vv4 supports the triune nature of God? The unity in Deuteronomy 6 vv4 is a unity of plurality not a singular unity.

You have digressed to the Trinity. The Trinity has nothing to do with Roman catholicism.

As for Mary being the mother of God it only means Mary carried God in her womb.

it does not mean God was formed in Mary's womb.

1 Like

Re: Why God Can Never Become A Man by Maynman: 7:04pm On Sep 28, 2022
Steep:
The context of Jesus words is in reference to other deities.
Jesus is not another deity separate rom the father same with the holy spirit.

Jesus is not a separate God from the Father.

Jesus the man who Jesus was speaking to only saw Jesus as a mere mortal.

in the Trinity there is distinction of personhood

Do you know that Deutronomy 6 vv4 supports the triune nature of God? The unity in Deuteronomy 6 vv4 is a unity of plurality not a singular unity.

You have digressed to the Trinity. The Trinity has nothing to do with Roman catholicism.

As for Mary being the mother of God it only means Mary carried God in her womb.

it does not mean God was formed in Mary's womb.

Deuteronomy 6:4 is a common jewish prayer. Haven’t you noticed that your Abrahamaic religion is referring to a specific set of people?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In The Absence Of The Word / Calibalism And Confession. / Prosperity Preaching In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.