Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor (2055 Views)

Women only church where male pastor sucks breasts for deliverance / Christ Embassy’s Top Female Pastor, Dolapo Oni In Debt Scandal.... / pastor Vs Native Doctor in Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 20, 2007
Can You Go to a church where the Pastor is a Woman.when the bible say in(1Timothy2 vs12).Women should nt Preach
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by femib26(m): 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2007
jayon:

Can You Go to a church where the Pastor is a Woman.when the bible say in(1Timothy2 vs12).Women should nt Preach

God can use anybody.Preaching is not gender limited.Gospel is a mandate to every gender.
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by Ivvie: 3:15pm On Oct 28, 2007
There is a limit to which women can preach. Going beyond that limit is nothing short of the spirit of Jezebel at work.
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by labiyemmy(m): 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2007
Reading a bible verse in isolation and quoting it in isolation throws away the intent of the original writer.

This is the verse in content with other verses.

1 Timothy 2:8-14 (King James Version)

8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

Does it give the same meaning you are proposing here when you read only verse 12:

Its an admonition that women should not teach or boss a man - but not necessarily saying a woman should not teach or spread the gospel un church or to men in general.

If verse 12 is so literarily interpreted, then verse 9 should be as well, which means, nobody will put on gold or costly clothes to church, but then this is relative, what is costly to you may not be costly to somebody else.
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by Ivvie: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2007
@labiyemmy:

Reading a bible verse in isolation and quoting it in isolation throws away the intent of the original writer.

Its an admonition that women should not teach or boss a man - but not necessarily saying a woman should not teach or spread the gospel un church or to men in general.

If verse 12 is so literarily interpreted, then verse 9 should be as well, which means, nobody will put on gold or costly clothes to church, but then this is relative, what is costly to you may not be costly to somebody else.

What was your point of view? A woman cannot boss a man. You just contradicted yourself.
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by labiyemmy(m): 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2007
Ok if I did - but if you read very well, the statement also said - the admonition does not say a woman should not teach "the gospel in church or spread the gospel"

What I would stress at the outset is that Paul is correcting problems in worship--- correcting both men and women as is perfectly clear from vs. 8 where he tells the men to not dispute or get angry but rather to start praying. He then corrects women in several particulars. To stress, the correction of an abuse of a privilege is not the same as the ruling out of a proper use of a privilege, in this case the priviledge of speaking in worship or even teaching. Paul is not laying down first principles here, he is correcting an existing problem, and presumably wherever and whenever he found a similar problem he would do so again, whoever it might involve.
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by Ivvie: 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2007
I leave the issue to God till I get a clear revelation.
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by labiyemmy(m): 3:52pm On Oct 28, 2007
no point trying to get a revelation - dont take it as an emotional issue - do you have problems with women teaching you or being a pastor over you? if you dont - then seek no revelation - else, do you seek revelation from God to prove Himself to exist before you belive He exists? if no - then, why seek revelation into the issue of women teaching in church?
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by Ivvie: 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2007
The deep and secret things belong to God. I will seek the Lord on this case. He will reveal it to me. At this point, it's just in suspense till the Spirit of God teaches me the right way or path. As for women, they have their own callings. They have to stick within the boundaruies ordained for them.
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by Backslider(m): 8:25pm On Oct 29, 2007
@Ivie

You Must know the truth. And I love you openness. I was also shocked that the bible was categorical on this issue. Women are not to Hold Position of Authority of Men in the Church.

You can Teach Sunday School for Kids and Teach women related Issues to women. The Bible is very Clear on this. Hope this goes down with you as this is the Mind of God.

You can read my posts on https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-61492.416.html#msg1607598

God Bless you.
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by Ivvie: 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2007
You are appeciated. I always had it in mind that women had no authority over men lest Jezebel creeps in. Another issue I have has to do with women and hair covering in the church. I know God is going to answer me someday. There is a spirit in the air that needs to be arrested before the Lord Jesus returns. Only if we Christians would take our positions in Christ and start tearing strongholds down, possesing the land and return the victory to the true church. The church is sleeping. God will help us all.
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by jerrymania(m): 9:33pm On Oct 29, 2007
@ Ivvie

You sound like you've made heaven. lipsrsealed
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by Ivvie: 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2007
@Jerry

As ironic as it may seem, I hardly laugh especially when it comes to serious things.
Re: Female Pastor Vs Male Pastor by Dios(f): 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2007
Female, Male, they all preach the same bs.

(1) (Reply)

Christians Tithing Is Illegal From A Jewish Perspective. / Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane / Testimony Of Ex-Jehova's Witness - Perhaps She is lying ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.