Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane (2048 Views)

Atheists, What Will It Feel Like If Heaven And Hell Actually Exists? / Atheists, What Is The VALUE Of Human Life? / Atheists: What Are Your Views On Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by alexleo(m): 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2012
If as an atheists you were in the crashed Dana plane, while christians and muslims are crying and praying before the crash would u have prayed? If yes, to who? if no, what would you have done?
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by logicboy: 6:13pm On Jun 05, 2012
alexleo: If as an atheists you were in the crashed Dana plane, while christians and muslims are crying and praying before the crash would u have prayed? If yes, to who? if no, what would you have done?

I would bring out my Ipod and listen to Notorious BIG aka Biggie Smalls while the others are shouting and screaming to God.

I would die like a boss!
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by thehomer: 6:29pm On Jun 05, 2012
alexleo: If as an atheists you were in the crashed Dana plane, while christians and muslims are crying and praying before the crash would u have prayed? If yes, to who? if no, what would you have done?

These sorts of questions are the ones that sometimes get me annoyed especially shortly after such a dramatic accident.

What do you think? What was the outcome of the prayers of the Christians' and Muslims' prayers? Would they not have been better off probably speaking with their loved ones? Or just sitting there peacefully?
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by manmustwac(m): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2012
i would do my best to stay cool calm collected try not to panic and when the plane crashes hope that i will be able to get out alive. wink
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by alexleo(m): 6:54pm On Jun 05, 2012
thehomer:

These sorts of questions are the ones that sometimes get me annoyed especially shortly after such a dramatic accident.

What do you think? What was the outcome of the prayers of the Christians' and Muslims' prayers? Would they not have been better off probably speaking with their loved ones? Or just sitting there peacefully?

you dont need to be annoyed. We are just discussing. Every thread between christians and atheists shouldnt always be for bashing each other. Thanks.
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by ZUBY77(m): 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2012
Wouldnt it be better to keep calm and concentrate on how to put on your oxygen mask or throw open the emergency doors instead of yelling to A God that you know nothing about.
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by buzugee(m): 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2012
i speak on behalf of logicboy when i say he would have deposited a huge chunk of doodoo in his pata olokun. that would be his prayer. besides screaming like a wailing banshee of course.
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by mkmyers45(m): 11:04pm On Jun 05, 2012
buzugee: i speak on behalf of logicboy when i say he would have deposited a huge chunk of doodoo in his pata olokun. that would be his prayer. besides screaming like a wailing banshee of course.
grin grin grin
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by ijawkid(m): 12:22am On Jun 06, 2012
They might pray to darwins thoeries or mayb meditate on some logic reasonings b4 crashing..lol

1 Like

Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by Seun(m): 1:17am On Jun 06, 2012
Atheists don't pray, so the question is a silly one. It's like asking a vegetarian what kind of meat he/she would eat in a plane.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by bendazum: 4:22am On Jun 06, 2012
Why would people choose to ignore the truth to their own peril.Even simple logic tells you that every thing has an origin.
It's just like seeing a house and then arguing if there was anyone that built it or telling a child that he/she doesn't have a father /mother? To Atheists one day,you will stand before your Creator whether you believe it or not and then when you say you are innocent and didn't know a picture of this post and other places where you were having arguments when being preached to would appear
Oh!Body go tell you.Imagine telling my mum after eating her food that I don't believe that anybody cooked the food!
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by Nobody: 4:40am On Jun 06, 2012
bendazum: Why would people choose to ignore the truth to their own peril.Even simple logic tells you that every thing has an origin.
It's just like seeing a house and then arguing if there was anyone that built it or telling a child that he/she doesn't have a father /mother? To Atheists one day,you will stand before your Creator whether you believe it or not and then when you say you are innocent and didn't know a picture of this post and other places where you were having arguments when being preached to would appear
Oh!Body go tell you.Imagine telling my mum after eating her food that I don't believe that anybody cooked the food!

One question. When your god and his goons present this post and others as evidence for the putridity of my soul, will it be on HDTv or 3d?
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by mkmyers45(m): 6:45am On Jun 06, 2012
Martian:

One question. When your god and his goons present this post and others as evidence for the putridity of my soul, will it be on HDTv or 3d?
grin grin grin Omo See Comment...
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by fubbyy(m): 7:12am On Jun 06, 2012
The truth is, atheists will be screaming God's name as if they are pastors, it may be sub consciously but I know they will be screaming chinekeee,oh my Gooood,please forgive me for I have sinned but promise to sin no more

1 Like

Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by Murphy7h4: 7:13am On Jun 06, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
bendazum: Why would people choose to ignore the truth to their own peril.Even simple logic tells you that every thing has an origin.
well down
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by bendazum: 7:26am On Jun 06, 2012
Martian:
I think you are a ROBOT!
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by bendazum: 7:31am On Jun 06, 2012
Martian:
I THINK YOU ARE A ROBOT!!!!!!
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 06, 2012
But that simple logic also says 'then how did God begin?' of course.. logic doesn't apply to God so what a conundrum..

bendazum:
It's just like seeing a house and then arguing if there was anyone that built it or telling a child that he/she doesn't have a father /mother?
If finding God was that easy, no one would be an atheist...

bendazum:
To Atheists one day,you will stand before your Creator whether you believe it or not and then when you say you are innocent and didn't know a picture of this post and other places where you were having arguments when being preached to would appear
God's ways are different from our ways yet he still needs evidence to convict us... lmao.. Abeg which camera dem dey use dey snap our picture?

bendazum:
That of course is foolishness. Now imagine your mum putting an empty plate in front of you and telling you to EAT!!! now, that's GOD...
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by bendazum: 8:06am On Jun 06, 2012
musKeeto:
But that simple logic also says 'then how did God begin?' of course.. logic doesn't apply to God so what a conundrum..
God's ways are different from our ways yet he still needs evidence to convict us...
I THINK YOU ARE A ROBOT!!!!!
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 06, 2012
bendazum: I THINK YOU ARE A ROBOT!!!!!
Thanks, returned the courtesy...
https://www.nairaland.com/947522/cost-blackberry-pearl-passion-nigeria#11026387
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by Seun(m): 10:36am On Jun 06, 2012
Here's what atheists usually say in such situations: "Bleep. We're all going to die. Shit. Let me try to text my mum to say bye"
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by mkmyers45(m): 10:38am On Jun 06, 2012
Seun: Here's what atheists usually say in such situations: "Bleep. We're all going to die. Shit. Let me try to text my mum to say bye"

Haha EPIC Hollywood line... grin grin grin
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by cyrexx: 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2012
We atheists believe in[b] life before death[/b]. Before we were born, there was a very long time, perhaps an eternity, when we did not exist, and it did not bother us one bit. The same will be true after we are dead. What matters is that we are alive now. These living, breathing, hurting, singing, laughing bodies are worth something, for their own sake.

...If life is eternal, then life is cheap. If we waste any moment of our precious lives on the hope of an afterlife, we rob ourselves of real joy and value in the here and now. Our lives are all we have, and we should enjoy them to the fullest, minute by fragile minute.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2012
Please let there be an EPL and La-LIGA in Heaven - otehrwise send me to HELL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by harakiri(m): 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2012
I would have pulled out my packet of benson and hedges and smoked my last stick!!!

Period!

NB : All the sheeple on that plane prayed to their "god". Did it stop the plane from crashing? NO! Did it keep them alive? NO! As i'm typing this, the dead parents who left children behind already have greedy relatives making moves to scavenge the properties and monies the deceased left behind for themselves. So much for "prayers".

BS!!!
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by harakiri(m): 8:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
fubbyy: The truth is, atheists will be screaming God's name as if they are pastors, it may be sub consciously but I know they will be screaming chinekeee,oh my Gooood,please forgive me for I have sinned but promise to sin no more

Keep wishing clumpzzz!
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by harakiri(m): 8:52pm On Jun 06, 2012
Seun: Atheists don't pray, so the question is a silly one. It's like asking a vegetarian what kind of meat he/she would eat in a plane.

Preach to the sheeple that besiege this section jor! grin grin wink
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by ijawkid(m): 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2012
They might pray to darwin or think of some science experiments they hadn't completed b4 boarding d plane that's about crashing.....lol

No mind them,na them go shout Chineke pass....

Lol
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by elvisimeh(m): 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2012
logicboy:

I would bring out my Ipod and listen to Notorious BIG aka Biggie Smalls while the others are shouting and screaming to God.

I would die like a boss!

dumbass
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by elvisimeh(m): 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2012
musKeeto:

God's ways are different from our ways yet he still needs evidence to convict us... lmao.. Abeg which camera dem dey use dey snap our picture?

That of course is foolishness. Now imagine your mum putting an empty plate in front of you and telling you to EAT!!! now, that's GOD...

you claim to be agnostic yet u sound more atheist than the staunchest atheist.
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by jmoore(m): 10:38pm On Jun 06, 2012
Seun: Atheists don't pray, so the question is a silly one.

They will pray someday when they are in a situation beyond their control.

Many atheists who converted to Christianity did it at one point in their lives before they embraced Christianity.
Re: Atheists, What Would Have Been Your Prayer If You Were In The Crashed Plane by ZUBY77(m): 11:02pm On Jun 06, 2012
jmoore: They will pray someday when they are in a situation beyond their control.

Many atheists who converted to Christianity did it at one point in their lives before they embraced Christianity.

Just like the Dana victims who prayed when they confronted a situation beyond their control. Grow up dude. No amount of prayers can save you from Death, no matter the form it takes. Even Pope wll die if he was on that flight.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some remarkable differences between The Pope And Jesus / Prayer Points... / Rev. Tony Obo Caught With Human Heart & Fetish Items In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.