Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US (1017 Views)

Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? / I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by FullBlastLight: 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2022
Christianity quickly diminishing in US, on pace to become minority religion in decades -Research Study

Jon Brown, Fox News, Christianity quickly diminishing in US, on pace to become minority religion in decades.

A recently released study suggests the number of Christians in the U.S. is diminishing quickly and being replaced by those who do not identify with any religion.

A new report by Pew Research Center and the General Social Survey published Tuesday found a surge of adults leaving Christianity to become atheist, agnostic or “nothing in particular.”

It predicted that if the number of Christians under 30 abandoning their faith accelerates beyond the current pace, adherents of the historically dominant religion of the U.S. could become a minority by 2045.

Noting how approximately 90% of Americans identified as Christians in the early 1990s, the study observed that number, which includes children, had fallen to only 64% by 2020.

The number of people in the U.S. who identify as religiously unaffiliated, meanwhile, skyrocketed from 16% in 2007 to 29% in 2020, the research showed.

Other religions such as Judaism, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism, accounted for approximately 6%.

The study presented four hypothetical scenarios by which the U.S. religious landscape could change in the coming decades.

In one scenario, researchers analyzed the potential impact of young Christian adults abandoning their faith and switching affiliation without limitation.

The other three scenarios hypothesize other types of increasing religious disaffiliation , but “they all show Christians continuing to shrink as a share of the U.S. population, even under the counterfactual assumption that all switching came to a complete stop in 2020.”

All four scenarios project swelling ranks among the religiously unaffiliated, or “nones,” throughout the next half-century.

The only scenario that projects Christians maintaining a majority in the U.S. through 2070 is if no one changes their religious affiliation after 2020.

“Of course, it is possible that events outside the study's model — such as war, economic depression, climate crisis, changing immigration patterns or religious innovations — could reverse current religious switching trends, leading to a revival of Christianity in the United States,” the study said.

“But there are no current switching patterns in the U.S. that can be factored into the mathematical models to project such a result.”

The study’s data showed that while more older Americans are remaining identified with Christianity, many younger adults are increasingly switching to “nones.”

“If the pace of switching before the age of 30 were to speed up throughout the projection period without any brakes, Christians would no longer be a majority by 2045,” Pew researchers noted.

In such a scenario, the number of religiously unaffiliated would stand at 52% and the number of Christians dip to 35% by 2070.

“Switching has not ended and there is no reason to think it will come to an abrupt stop,” the researchers said, adding, “Still, if fewer future young adults switch from Christianity to no affiliation, or if movement in the opposite direction increases, the future religious landscape might resemble the results of this projection.”

The researchers predicted based on recent generational trends that the most likely scenario among their hypotheticals is Christianity declining but still remaining capped at 50%.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DMjPwIdd9NjQ&ved=2ahUKEwio2f_Ru7f6AhVLhv0HHWBLDbQQFnoECAgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw0NvPAlzMkG1HzfeEbWO2V-

1 Like

Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by FullBlastLight: 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2022
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by mcmurphy132(m): 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2022
G
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:29pm On Sep 28, 2022
According to the founder this group will be relatively small compared to all other religions so don't expect true Christians to be above 0.01% till God's Kingdom come! wink

1 Like

Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Dtruthspeaker: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2022
FullBlastLight:
Christianity quickly diminishing in US, on pace to become minority religion in decades -Research Study...

In Proof that Satan has claimed them all and they all shall die with him when the dying begins AS WAS FORETOLD!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2022
Hmm! The New Era is near - God willing.

What a very interesting time it'll be when his eminence, the great emperor and saviour of the world "The Unity" marks his emergence.

We are awaiting the moment. O Lord, we await "The Unity"

On the subject matter, religion started losing its grip or influence in the West for quite a long time now so it's not quite a surprise.
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by motayoayinde: 1:34pm On Sep 28, 2022
I'VE SHOUTED MYSELF HOARSE OVER THIS, TELLING ISLAMOPHOBES THAT IRRELIGION RATHER THAN ISLAM IS THE ENEMY OF WORLD CHRISTIANDOM.
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Dtruthspeaker: 1:36pm On Sep 28, 2022
UnusualEmissary:
Hmm! The New Era is near - God willing.

What a very interesting time it'll be when his eminence, the great emperor and saviour of the world "The Unity" marks his emergence.

We are awaiting the moment. O Lord, we await "The Unity"

On the subject matter, religion started losing its grip on the West for quite a long time now so it's not quite a surprise.

We await the Revealing of the bastard after that, The End! Trumpet

And shouts of joy on one camp while shouts of regrets and lamentations in the other camp.

Yippee! Judgment Day is Nearer, Judgement Day is Nearer.
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Machinegun91(m): 1:41pm On Sep 28, 2022
Christianity will never go low in that country.

They are still christians as long as they answer christians names.

Jesus is the only answer
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

We await the Revealing of the bastard after that, The End! Trumpet

And shouts of joy on one camp while shouts of regrets and lamentations in the other camp.

Yippee! Judgment Day is Nearer, Judgement Day is Nearer.

You don't know "The Unity" Oga so please shut up grin

It's not the Antichrist if that's what you're thinking grin
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2022
Machinegun91:
Christianity will never go low in that country.

They are still christians as long as they answer christians names.

Jesus is the only answer

Is Christianity no longer a religion of belief and faith? cheesy cheesy

So it's now about answering Christian names? I thought y'all used to say you have to believe in a certain thing before you can be a Christian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Dtruthspeaker: 1:50pm On Sep 28, 2022
UnusualEmissary:

You don't know "The Unity" Oga so please shut up grin

It's not the Antichrist if that's what you're thinking grin

I don't care about who unity is, I just want this world to end and to see the group that would enter Fire!
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Hermes119: 4:34pm On Sep 28, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I don't care about who unity is, I just want this world to end and to see the group that would enter Fire!
Why do you want the world to end, you should instead wish to die so you can go to heaven

3 Likes

Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Dtruthspeaker: 5:50am On Sep 29, 2022
Hermes119:

Why do you want the world to end, you should instead wish to die so you can go to heaven

Naaah! That one is not a problem. The Kingdom of God is my House aka heaven, and it is not going anywhere, plus I have the keys, so no problem here cheesy

But I certainly wanna see the end of this competition first hand, who won and who lost! Who celebrates and who cries! grin
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Machinegun91(m): 6:04am On Sep 29, 2022
UnusualEmissary:

Is Christianity no longer a religion of belief and faith? cheesy cheesy

So it's now about answering Christian names? I thought y'all used to say you have to believe in a certain thing before you can be a Christian.
Your religion won't allow you have small sense, sundry alshabab ass

1 Like

Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 29, 2022
Machinegun91:
Your religion won't allow you have small sense, sundry alshabab ass

1. Just like that you concluded I'm Muslim when there are many other things I could be. So who is senseless now?

2. I pointed out your fallacy as against YOUR OWN CHRISTIAN FAITH. Instead of you to acknowledge the error, you evaded the point and resorted to calling me names

So who is senseless now? cheesy cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by kingxsamz(m): 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

In Proof that Satan has claimed them all and they all shall die with him when the dying begins AS WAS FORETOLD!

Calm down, it has nothing to do with your imaginary enemy. People are just realizing the sham for what it is, and it's happening rapidly. Even kids now spot the bullcrap from a mile away. This is the age of information, science and technology and everyone is looking towards the future, not waiting for a dead white man to take them away to some ancient kingdom. grin grin 20 years from now will tell a huge difference, and I'm loving it. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Image123(m): 1:51pm On Sep 29, 2022
kingxsamz:

Calm down, it has nothing to do with your imaginary enemy. People are just realizing the sham for what it is, and it's happening rapidly. Even kids now spot the bullcrap from a mile away. This is the age of information, science and technology and everyone is looking towards the future, not waiting for a dead white man to take them away to some ancient kingdom. grin grin 20 years from now will tell a huge difference, and I'm loving it. cheesy

Yet the world is not getting any better, see your wretched thinking?
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by kingxsamz(m): 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2022
Image123:

Yet the world is not getting any better, see your wretched thinking?

Definitely better than it was in 1960. grin
Don't worry, people abandoning your religion in great numbers will not stop you from entering heaven, so don't be afraid. cheesy
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Image123(m): 2:06pm On Sep 29, 2022
kingxsamz:

Definitely better than it was in 1960. grin
Don't worry, people abandoning your religion in great numbers will not stop you from entering heaven, so don't be afraid. cheesy

Evil men will wax worse and worse, the love of many will wax cold, you have left your first love, few there be that find the way, the road is narrow etc. These are things every normal christian saw before you were born and are written in God's Word. That it is news to you and your only source of happiness in life is as a result of your ignorance, not my fault. BTW, the world was safer, healthier, liveable, richer and happier in 1960 than today. Well, what do you know than google and youtube.
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by kingxsamz(m): 2:27pm On Sep 29, 2022
Image123:

Evil men will wax worse and worse, the love of many will wax cold, you have left your first love, few there be that find the way, the road is narrow etc. These are things every normal christian saw before you were born and are written in God's Word. That it is news to you and your only source of happiness in life is as a result of your ignorance, not my fault. BTW, the world was safer, healthier, liveable, richer and happier in 1960 than today. Well, what do you know than google and youtube.

Yeah, it's normal and it's also not hard to predict that every religion will lose its hold one day. Fortunately, this is an age of information, so people creating new gods and religions will be a lot harder since you can't lie your way out for long. Also, life is easier and better, else this sad text you sent to me would have gotten to me in 6 months time.
Your religion is fast losing relevance. Brace up. cheesy cool
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Dtruthspeaker: 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2022
kingxsamz:

grin O but it has everything to with him as their country is being pounded by calamity. Plagues upon plagues upon plagues as prophecied. And of course their own is finished, so they just have to play the the game till it's over grin

1 Like

Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by kingxsamz(m): 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin O but it has everything to with him as their country is being pounded by calamity. Plagues upon plagues upon plagues as prophecied. And of course their own is finished, so they just have to play the the game till it's over grin

Ehn? A Nigerian talking about calamity...
If you want to talk about calamity, start from your country. That's the home of calamity.
The same Nigeria where most religious folks don't mind traveling to irreligious countries to live the rest of their lives. Anyway sha, your religion is on decline, and it's nice to see.

Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Dtruthspeaker: 3:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
kingxsamz:

Ehn? A Nigerian talking about calamity...
If you want to talk about calamity, start from your country. That's the home of calamity.
The same Nigeria where most religious folks don't mind traveling to irreligious countries to live the rest of their lives. Anyway sha, your religion is on decline, and it's nice to see.

Yep! Our stupid bastards imported those evil things and Curses and therefore have their own share of the plagues.

And the more evil Nigeria becomes, (antiGodism, homosexuality, crossdressism, unlimited adultery and fornication) the are going to have their portion of plagues as they have in America. Eg more flooding, more droughts, more mindlessly murders etc.

Which is quite lovely to see as we the raptured very much appreciate that The Word of The Lord is Fullfilled as He has kept us Safe from these things as Promised. grin

So, More evils to the evil. grin

"So, Captain of the Plagues, keep firing and cease not, until the end"! grin grin grin
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
FullBlastLight:
Watch The News Here:
This is good news! undecided
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Image123(m): 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
kingxsamz:

Yeah, it's normal and it's also not hard to predict that every religion will lose its hold one day. Fortunately, this is an age of information, so people creating new gods and religions will be a lot harder since you can't lie your way out for long. Also, life is easier and better, else this sad text you sent to me would have gotten to me in 6 months time.
Your religion is fast losing relevance. Brace up. cheesy cool

As ignorant as usual. Religion can't lose hold on humans. There'll always be something or someone to worship. That's the makeup of man, but of course, what do you know.
Christianity can never lose relevance as the Bible remains fresher and more current than tomorrow's newspaper. The Lord is still answering and giving life to the basic needs and questions of life. LoLz, this one thinks life is all about technological innovation, what a child.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by kingxsamz(m): 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
Image123:

As ignorant as usual. Religion can't lose hold on humans. There'll always be something or someone to worship. That's the makeup of man, but of course, what do you know.
Christianity can never lose relevance as the Bible remains fresher and more current than tomorrow's newspaper. The Lord is still answering and giving life to the basic needs and questions of life. LoLz, this one thinks life is all about technological innovation, what a child.

No be me talk am, that's what the statistics say. Even without the stats sef, it's very obvious your religion is declining. You can't compare now to 10 years ago. cheesy
Most people who are Christians sef don't even practice it or read their Bible, and many are curious and beginning to see things cleary for themselves. Adults are now less religious and their kids will even become more irreligious. Even if there are Christians, most will just identify with the name because that's what their parents identified with. Deep down you know it's true. tongue
Which ever way, I'm here to watch it unfold. So don't cry yet.

Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by kingxsamz(m): 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Yep! Our stupid bastards imported those evil things Curse and therefore have their own share of the plagues.

And the more evil Nigeria becomes, (antiGodism, homosexuality, crossdressism, unlimited adultery and fornication) the are going to have their portion of plagues as they have in America. Eg more flooding, more droughts, more mindlessly murders etc.

Which is quite lovely to see as we the raptured very much appreciate that The Word of The Lord is Fullfilled as He has kept us Safe from these things as Promised. grin

So, More evils to the evil. grin

"So, Captain of the Plagues, keep firing and cease not, until the end"! grin grin grin

It's funnier when you realize that Christians are probably more affected by these "calamities" you're talking about, while those over here strive to go over there for greener pastures.
Even you sef won't think twice if dem give you Visa. grin grin
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by FullBlastLight: 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This is good news! undecided

How is still a good news, kwa?

AntiChrist dem! sad
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2022
FullBlastLight:
How is still a good news, kwa?
AntiChrist dem! sad
This news is great news for all. undecided
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by Dtruthspeaker: 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2022
kingxsamz:

It's funnier when you realize that Christians are probably more affected by these "calamities" you're talking about, while those over here strive to go over there for greener pastures.
Even you sef won't think twice if dem give you Visa. grin grin

grin Church goers, not Christians. And most Church goers are simply closet anti-God. grin

Secondly, even before Visa lottery and Nigerian things Jand and yank was like Igbo yearly Christmas village travel in my family. So, it is even that I foresaw what was going to happen and I have never renewed my passport since it expired. And thank God, the Lord has blessed me so much that my people are even thinking of coming back home. grin
Re: Christianity On The Pace To Becoming Minority Religion In US by FullBlastLight: 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This news is great news for all. undecided

Frankly, u guys desperately need deliverance!

Cultists dem!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ramadan Surprise / Catholic Graduates Reunion / A Lesson From The Arabs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.