Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage (370 Views)

Can A Clarification Be Made On The Position Of Christianity On Reincarnation? / Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It / Daddy Freeze: Don't Be Deceived By Hypocrisy Of Men! By Omooba77 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by BigBashiru: 11:14am On Sep 28, 2023
This thread is not a christian bashing thread. "Come now let us reason together saith the LORD" - Isaiah says. It is okay to ask questions and its okay to feel deceived. I was born muslim and grew up as a muslim before converting to christianity. So here are the lies I was told by the Bible. Silly christians who dont know the answer to questions or dont want to lose confidence in their religion resort to bullshit such as "His ways are not our ways"

1. Bible lie: A woman is a helpmeet.
The truth: women are self serving creatures just like their male counterpart. Many women are looking for rich men to depend on in which case the rich man is the helpmeet of the woman not the other way round. Many women refuse to bring money at home and are looking for financial security from men....

2. Bible lie: marriage is Gods institution.
The truth: marriage is a societal contract from ancient times. Today the vast majority of women see marriage as a cage which is why the vast majority postpone it for as long as possibe until when they no longer have much to lose. Its not Gods institution. The truth is today both men and women prefer relationships to marriage and marriage is primarily done for kids....

3. Bible lie: human sexuality is a sin
The truth: human beings just like all mammals love sex and have sex with who they find attractive. Christian men who wait till marriage will not have the best sex cos kids soon come in, the "wife" has already had her fun with some body count before getting married etc. So christianity is a religion of sexual frustration - thats the truth! Everything sexual and pleasurable is a sin in christianity and christians are encouraged to "mortify the desires of the flesh", "subject their members to Holy Spirit etc" - so most christians arent even comfortable with sex.... Please note that there is no woman in heaven or hell and there is no sexual pleasure in heaven or hell.....so if you a man, you only hv this earth to indulge in woman matters...
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by 2special(m): 11:43am On Sep 28, 2023
You're contradicting yourself
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by henidord3: 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
Religion is a man made thing
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by Bossdave: 12:28pm On Sep 28, 2023
BigBashiru:
This thread is not a christian bashing thread. "Come now let us reason together saith the LORD" - Isaiah says. It is okay to ask questions and its okay to feel deceived. I was born muslim and grew up as a muslim before converting to christianity. So here are the lies I was told by the Bible. Silly christians who dont know the answer to questions or dont want to lose confidence in their religion resort to bullshit such as "His ways are not our ways"

The truth: women are self serving creatures just like their male counterpart. Many women are looking for rich men to depend on in which case the rich man is the helpmeet of the woman not the other way round. Many women refuse to bring money at home and are looking for financial security from men....

The truth: marriage is a societal contract from ancient times. Today the vast majority of women see marriage as a cage which is why the vast majority postpone it for as long as possibe until when they no longer have much to lose. Its not Gods institution. The truth is today both men and women prefer relationships to marriage and marriage is primarily done for kids....

The truth: human beings just like all mammals love sex and have sex with who they find attractive. Christian men who wait till marriage will not have the best sex cos kids soon come in, the "wife" has already had her fun with some body count before getting married etc. So christianity is a religion of sexual frustration - thats the truth! Everything sexual and pleasurable is a sin in christianity and christians are encouraged to "mortify the desires of the flesh", "subject their members to Holy Spirit etc" - so most christians arent even comfortable with sex.... Please note that there is no woman in heaven or hell and there is no sexual pleasure in heaven or hell.....so if you a man, you only hv this earth to indulge in woman matters...

1. A woman was declared an help meet before the fall. After the fall, both men and women got the satanic nature. Everyone became selfish. As a result, they could no longer fulfil Devine purpose.

Ecclesiastes 7:29
Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions."

2. The person who created man and woman is the person who initiated the concept of being joined together and cohabitating. Which tradition or culture preceeds human creation? Marriage and creation are intertwined. That's why it is said the marriage is God's institution, or how would marriage be possible if there are no males and females?

3. The Bible never said that human sexuality is sin. Quote the verse that says so. What the Bible condemns is sexual immorality. Sex within the bonds of marriage is what the Bible upholds. And who told you that you can't have sex anymore with your wife because kids are now in your marriage? It seems you prefer to be morally bankrupt.

In conclusion, you're probably not a Christian. No Christian would say the Bible lied. If you're truly asking questions, then you would present yourself as a learner. You're actually as mischievous as the illogical criticisms you raised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by AntiChristian: 12:57pm On Sep 28, 2023
Pele o
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by BigBashiru: 1:15pm On Sep 28, 2023
Bossdave:

1. A woman was declared an help meet before the fall. After the fall, both men and women got the satanic nature. Everyone became selfish. As a result, they could no longer fulfil Devine purpose.

Ecclesiastes 7:29
Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions."

2. The person who created man and woman is the person who initiated the concept of being joined together and cohabitating. Which tradition or culture preceeds human creation? Marriage and creation are intertwined. That's why it is said the marriage is God's institution, or how would marriage be possible if there are no males and females?

3. The Bible never said that human sexuality is sin. Quote the verse that says so. What the Bible condemns is sexual immorality. Sex within the bonds of marriage is what the Bible upholds. And who told you that you can't have sex anymore with your wife because kids are now in your marriage? It seems you prefer to be morally bankrupt.

In conclusion, you're probably not a Christian. No Christian would say the Bible lied. If you're truly asking questions, then you would present yourself as a learner. You're actually as mischievous as the illogical criticisms you raised.

Don't spoil your nice write up with personal attacks.

The Bible lied does not mean its God lied....they are two different things......many things the apostles did or wrote are ancient practices and are outdated so they hv become lies by virtue of being outdated...it doesn't mean God lied. It simply means outdated portions of the Bible inadvertently turned to lies....
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by onumadu: 1:41pm On Sep 28, 2023
@BigBashiru

First of all I tend to struggle with the notion that someone can convert from Islam to Christianity.
Being a Christian is a DELIBERATE (as in "I have decided to follow Jesus" ) kind of choice.
Once you make that decision genuinely (with all your heart), there is no going back.
I don't want to waste time on this point...

As for your observation about sex, you have a point there, and I have argued this point too.

Sex is a human thing created by God, and if you observe it's operation (from beginning to the end) you would notice that God designed it to almost force man to do it. I tend to connect it with God's command to man to "Be fruitful and multiply... fill the earth, ".

It is my humble opinion that God really wants man to have sex, and that is why he made it the sweetest and most compulsive thing.

If God wanted man to not have sex, but reproduce through another non-pleasurable (or non-sexual) way, he could have made it that when you shake hands or kiss a person, the person gets pregnant. EOD.

Then man won't need to struggle about it, because it would not be pleasurable at all. In fact I often argue that humans would have since been extinct from this planet, because very few people would want to reproduce. Anybody who doesn't know that kids reduce the sex drives of couples having dealt with marriage and kids before.

I tend to think that the only physical control God actually put on sex is that, he gave control of that "gate" to the woman.
Why do I say so?
Carefully observe the location of a woman's "private part", and you would see that only she can allow sex to happen, unless raped.
The location is TOTALLY INACCESSIBLE to a man, unless a woman allows it. PERIOD. In other words, the location makes it IMPOSSIBLE for a man to access "it", without a woman's FULL cooperation.
In a way that is why some men go crazy at the thought of their women having sex with other men. The thought of her consenting to "open that gate"... drives men crazy... but let me not digress too much. ..

As for the word "marriage", it is merely an English word. End of story.
Other cultures may have other words for "similar" HUMAN institution. Other cultures, even from antiquity, have UNIQUE practices in that human institution. The one we practice today only became universal because the Europeans colonized much of the world and imposed their culture of it. Again let me not waste time digressing there ...

God only cares about things we present to him as important. "Whatever you bind on earth is bound Heaven" (whatever you call important on earth is called important in Heaven).

So, your wife or husband can be a "Help meet"; it doesn't matter.
What matters is that Heaven took note of what you presented to it, and will hold you accountable (judge you) for either upholding or violating it.
"Heaven" (read God) is like the Code of Conduct Bureau". You declare your "assets" before taking office, and they will come to access you when you leave "office".
Bible never said that sex is a sin. HUMANS DID... in order to control other humans.
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by Bossdave: 1:44pm On Sep 28, 2023
BigBashiru:

The Bible lied does not mean its God lied....they are two different things......many things the apostles did or wrote are ancient practices and are outdated so they hv become lies by virtue of being outdated...it doesn't mean God lied. It simply means outdated portions of the Bible inadvertently turned to lies....

An attack on my God is an attack on me. God is my Father, and I'm not a bastard child to look on when his Father is being attacked. I apologise if I offended you.

There are no outdated portions in the Bible. The Bible carries a message from God, and that message is eternally relevant. I'm sure you would never say the Quran lied when you were a Muslim. Your fellow Muslims would have you roasted alive. Why do people take God for granted? Is it because of His boundless mercy and Grace?

Would you please show me the outdated portions of the Bible you were referring to? I've read the Bible back and forth many times. I've not seen any outdated portion. To say the Bible lied or outdated are both blasphemous.

Whenever Muslims convert to Christianity, they always do so because of a powerful encounter they have with Christ and therefore become firebrand Christians. I don't understand your own kind of conversion that comes online to blaspheme.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by Kobojunkiee: 2:15pm On Sep 28, 2023
BigBashiru:
The truth: human beings just like all mammals love sex and have sex with who they find attractive. Christian men who wait till marriage will not have the best sex cos kids soon come in, the "wife" has already had her fun with some body count before getting married etc. So christianity is a religion of sexual frustration - thats the truth! Everything sexual and pleasurable is a sin in christianity and christians are encouraged to "mortify the desires of the flesh", "subject their members to Holy Spirit etc" - so most christians arent even comfortable with sex.... Please note that there is no woman in heaven or hell and there is no sexual pleasure in heaven or hell.....so if you a man, you only hv this earth to indulge in woman matters..
None of these claims of yours are actually of Scripture so what lied to you wasn't Scripture. Rather it was from the mouths of the many gods of men, pastors, so-called religious authorities that you gave your ear that these lies that deceived you came from. undecided

If you had in fact read the book for your own self you would have instead come away realizing that the God of Scripture cursed marriage right after the fall of man rendering it of the world of men --- unholy -- and not of the Kingdom of God - Genesis 3 vs 16 & Luke 20 vs 34 - 36. What this means is that God stopped making helpmeets for men after He made Eve for Adam; He washed His hands off the institution, allowing men to choose for themselves. As for God's Law which defines sex outside of marriage as sin, even that was given only to the children of Israel in the Land of Canaan and not to all of mankind. ( The Law is different in Jesus Christ of course, and even Jesus Christ applies only as far as the Lost sheep of Israel.)
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2023
I was also a Muslim but today i'm proudly one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
You aren't talking about what the Bible say but what religionists claiming Christians told you so you need to continue asking until you find the truth! Matthew 7:7-8

May you have PEACE!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by BigBashiru: 2:56pm On Sep 28, 2023
onumadu:
@BigBashiru

First of all I tend to struggle with the notion that someone can convert from Islam to Christianity.
Being a Christian is a DELIBERATE (as in "I have decided to follow Jesus" ) kind of choice.
Once you make that decision genuinely (with all your heart), there is no going back.
I don't want to waste time on this point...

As for your observation about sex, you have a point there, and I have argued this point too.

Sex is a human thing created by God, and if you observe it's operation (from beginning to the end) you would notice that God designed it to almost force man to do it. I tend to connect it with God's command to man to "Be fruitful and multiply... fill the earth, ".

It is my humble opinion that God really wants man to have sex, and that is why he made it the sweetest and most compulsive thing.

If God wanted man to not have sex, but reproduce through another non-pleasurable (or non-sexual) way, he could have made it that when you shake hands or kiss a person, the person gets pregnant. EOD.

Then man won't need to struggle about it, because it would not be pleasurable at all. In fact I often argue that humans would have since been extinct from this planet, because very few people would want to reproduce. Anybody who doesn't know that kids reduce the sex drives of couples having dealt with marriage and kids before.

I tend to think that the only physical control God actually put on sex is that, he gave control of that "gate" to the woman.
Why do I say so?
Carefully observe the location of a woman's "private part", and you would see that only she can allow sex to happen, unless raped.
The location is TOTALLY INACCESSIBLE to a man, unless a woman allows it. PERIOD. In other words, the location makes it IMPOSSIBLE for a man to access "it", without a woman's FULL cooperation.
In a way that is why some men go crazy at the thought of their women having sex with other men. The thought of her consenting to "open that gate"... drives men crazy... but let me not digress too much. ..

As for the word "marriage", it is merely an English word. End of story.
Other cultures may have other words for "similar" HUMAN institution. Other cultures, even from antiquity, have UNIQUE practices in that human institution. The one we practice today only became universal because the Europeans colonized much of the world and imposed their culture of it. Again let me not waste time digressing there ...

God only cares about things we present to him as important. "Whatever you bind on earth is bound Heaven" (whatever you call important on earth is called important in Heaven).

So, your wife or husband can be a "Help meet"; it doesn't matter.
What matters is that Heaven took note of what you presented to it, and will hold you accountable (judge you) for either upholding or violating it.
"Heaven" (read God) is like the Code of Conduct Bureau". You declare your "assets" before taking office, and they will come to access you when you leave "office".
Bible never said that sex is a sin. HUMANS DID... in order to control other humans.

I hate all this "God really wants us to hv sex"....I hate hearing that....its just sex it's not a big deal....Christian animals....
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by onumadu: 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2023
BigBashiru:

I hate all this "God really wants us to hv sex"....I hate hearing that....its just sex it's not a big deal....Christian animals....

But you are contradicting yourself.

Here is what you said below:

BigBashiru:

So, you said that you hate Christians because they condemn sex. But when you are told that God does not condemn sex, you turn around around to say that you hate those who say that.
It is either you hate Christians for no logical reason, or you hate the truth.

And then you finally reveal yourself by calling Christians animals. undecided
Dude, you were NEVER a Christian at any point. cheesy

See why I don't trust "converts", particularly MUSLIM "converts" to Christianity?

Funnily a lot of people like you born in Muslim families grow up to set up churches and become GOs there. lol
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by cornelboy(f): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2023
BigBashiru:

Oh lol. You came here to advertise the Koran Abi lol

No portion of the Bible is outdated. Speak for you Koran ogbeni
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by Kobojunkiee: 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
BigBashiru:
Your confusion is not of Scripture but of your own making rather. The apostles did not tell you anything but their experiences and views from almost 2,000 when they lived on this earth. However, what they each were to adhere to was God's very own Law which equally applies to any man who would choose God. And so, if according to God does not lie then that same Law persists even to this day, since not a jot of God's Law will pass away even after Heaven and earth have passed away. undecided
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by Veecruz: 5:43pm On Sep 28, 2023
2special:
You're contradicting yourself

Precisely!
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by Veecruz: 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2023
BigBashiru:

This thread shows you are the liar.
https://www.nairaland.com/1181630/wife-wife-wife#14104038

Thus, the mere fact that people, both men and women are guilty of whorrdom and fornication and evil does not mean that bible lied. The bible has only stated what all humans are supposed to be.

BigBashiru:

The truth: marriage is a societal contract from ancient times. Today the vast majority of women see marriage as a cage which is why the vast majority postpone it for as long as possibe until when they no longer have much to lose. Its not Gods institution. The truth is today both men and women prefer relationships to marriage and marriage is primarily done for kids...

Did God permit children to marry? Or do you not see the cry against gay marriage?
If God did not endorse marriage, those who do it will be lawbreakers.

And God has endorsed it hence it is performed all over the world with joy and celebration, so you are talking rubbish as usual with you Muslim devils.

BigBashiru:

This is obviously you complaining about your misery with women and marriage even though you have had all the sex you want.

Thus this has nothing to do with the bible but with you frustration.

For the bible gave it's own advice but you devils especially you Muslims thought you were smarter than God and thought that you could have at least 4 wives. Now you are frustrated and complaining.

Leave the bible alone it is not for evils like you. So keep pursuing all the sex you want, change your 4 wives to another 4 till you die, it is your miserability and your frustration has nothing to do with the bible.
Re: I Was Lied To And Deceived By Christianity On Women And Marriage by Veecruz: 6:23pm On Sep 28, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
I was also a Muslim but today i'm proudly one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
You aren't talking about what the Bible say but what religionists claiming Christians told you so you need to continue asking until you find the truth! Matthew 7:7-8

May you have PEACE!

This guy shows that you are still in the same place and still the same devil.

benuejosh:
For me, Muslim religion is never a religion of peace. While i talk of Muslim, Jehovah witnesses are not too different from them. Only Christians practice Peace.

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy About Eclipse On The Earth . / God Is Love / Have Your Pastors Told You The Truth About The High Cost Of Food In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.