Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,984 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband (62380 Views)

Billionaire Mackenzie Scott (Jeff Bezos Ex) gives away another £2bn / Melinda Gates Filed For Divorce, Couple Has Been Separated Before The Divorce / Jeff And Mackenzie Bezos Are Getting Divorced After 25 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by advanceDNA: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2022
ednut1:
you def dont know how the law there works. He will still get alimony. She has made him used to a certain lifestyle. She will have to pay him for some time

There are so many conditions that goes together........if shemade her money when after she married him is also another condition that makes the initiator of the divorce pay......marriage that is barely a year old....shi shi he will not collect....

4 Likes

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by advanceDNA: 9:30am On Sep 29, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:
The woman is a gold digger whose occupation is to marry rich men and later use divorce to cash out

This one na science teacher......she quickly jappa because she doesnt want to pay

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Dioceseofoyo: 9:36am On Sep 29, 2022
Zlatan ibile should make a song for this woman.

Madam Cashout kiss

Don't check my signature.
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by spinna: 9:42am On Sep 29, 2022
America the divorce capital of the world

Hope you signed a prenuptial agreement with her bro

Now you have strange looking families consisting of several stepchildren from various marriages like in Daddy's Home 2

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by baralatie(m): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2022
Kobicove:
Billionaire philanthropist MacKenzie Scott has filed for divorce from her second husband after less than two years of marriage.

Scott, one of the world's richest people, married Seattle-based science teacher Dan Jewett last year after divorcing Amazon founder Jeff Bezos in 2019.

Scott filed a petition for divorce in the King County Superior Court in Washington State on Monday, according to the Court clerk's office.
The news was first reported by The New York Times on Wednesday.

In 2021, the couple had announced their marital union without much fanfare and through a message on their webpage for the Giving Pledge, a philanthropic organization which encourages the world's richest people to give away a majority of their wealth to charitable causes.

Scott and Jewett appeared aligned in their commitment to philanthropy. Scott has given away billions of dollars as part of a plan to donate a majority of her fortune.

"I am married to one of the most generous and kind people I know — and joining her in a commitment to pass on an enormous financial wealth to serve others," Jewett wrote in his message on Giving Pledge in 2021. "I look forward to the growth and learning I have ahead as a part of this undertaking with MacKenzie."

But Jewett's message seemed to have disappeared from the Giving Pledge site and his name was recently edited out of a Medium post Ms. Scott had written last year about their gifts, The Times reported Wednesday.

Scott, a novelist, also deleted Jewett from her author bio on Amazon, the online retailer that is the source of her vast wealth, according to the NYT.
shocked
grin
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by baralatie(m): 9:47am On Sep 29, 2022
Timoleon:
How? Knowing she’s coming into the marriage with billions, she’d have had a prenup.
And what if she did not have?
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by baralatie(m): 9:51am On Sep 29, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:
The woman is a gold digger whose occupation is to marry rich men and later use divorce to cash out
How much does scott have?
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by baralatie(m): 9:53am On Sep 29, 2022
Well I am not surprised !
It would a risk trying to see how a power woman will stick with a school teacher.

That person will lead to raise his usefulness to the point where it could be recognized!
I don't think he could match the demand
So she bailed out

This s completely different from bill and melinda.bill was smart and rich.
Melinda was also smart and could manage welth growth and welth creation.
To the point bill knew Melinda was someone he could trust and respect just that they have different lines of interest

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Streetmovement(m): 10:43am On Sep 29, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

This one dey on mission to dey rip men of thier hard earned moolah
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by blahc007: 10:46am On Sep 29, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:
I believe you know that she was a vital part of Amazon's success story....

Dem no de give award for comments on NL, try de do small research mek ur comment for carry small sense....since u must comment

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Timoleon(m): 11:23am On Sep 29, 2022

1 Like

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Afrobasic(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2022
baralatie:
Well I am not surprised !
It would a risk trying to see how a power woman will stick with a school teacher.

That person will lead to raise his usefulness to the point where it could be recognized!
I don't think he could match the demand
So she bailed out

This s completely different from bill and melinda.bill was smart and rich.
Melinda was also smart and could manage welth growth and welth creation.
To the point bill knew Melinda was someone he could trust and respect just that they have different lines of interest

You asked the right questions but came to the wrong conclusions.

One word: Hypergamy.

The redpill teaches this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Afrobasic(m): 11:38am On Sep 29, 2022
blahc007:

I believe you know that she was a vital part of Amazon's success story....

Dem no de give award for comments on NL, try de do small research mek ur comment carry small sense....since u must comment

You people should stop repeating this bs lie.

She was not! She played a very little role in the beginning and that's it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Baronthecelebri: 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
I think you're right
Kaymicheal852:

Na to go abroad and marry a billionaire daughter or ex wife then divorce her then get my own large part of their money is my next business plan like this

Soft work Cool cash
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by baralatie(m): 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
Afrobasic:

You asked the right questions but came to the wrong conclusions.

One word: Hypergamy.

The redpill teaches this.
You own conclusion of hypergamy is waay off
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by baralatie(m): 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2022
Timoleon:
https://nypost.com/2022/09/28/mackenzie-scott-ex-wife-of-jeff-bezos-files-for-divorce-from-second-husband/amp/
Well there you go!
Thank you for the heads up!
Dude will manage whatever he see he has at least married a billionaire in his lifetime
I wish all the best in life

But what happens if Scott now goes on and becomes successful undecided

4 Likes

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Timoleon(m): 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2022
The prenup still stands. Scott is actually successful as it is though.
baralatie:

Well there you go!
Thank you for the heads up!
Dude will manage whatever he see he has at least married a billionaire in his lifetime
I wish all the best in life

But what happens if Scott now goes on and becomes successful undecided

1 Like

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by SyrusdeHansome(m): 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
advanceDNA:

This one na science teacher......she quickly jappa because she doesnt want to pay
De court suppose treat am de same way dem treat Bezos na

1 Like

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by SyrusdeHansome(m): 1:34pm On Sep 29, 2022
ednut1:
this guy is a teacher. She is the one losing here
She will still marry another man and then divorce later

2 Likes

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by advanceDNA: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
SyrusdeHansome:
De court suppose treat am de same way dem treat Bezos na

Not the same condition....

Marriage wey no reach one year...no children
She already has the money before he married the guy so the money cannot be split between the two of them

2 Likes

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by advanceDNA: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2022
Afrobasic:

You people should stop repeating this bs lie.

She was not! She played a very little role in the beginning and that's it.

She doesnt even have to play any role....as long as she was there when the bezoz started becoming rich...the law says she will get half.....
that was what happened to the british singer Adele....

if bezoz has already made his billions before marrying her.....she wont be entitled to half....

2 Likes

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by SyrusdeHansome(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
advanceDNA:

Not the same condition....

Marriage wey no reach one year...no children
She already has the money before he married the guy so the money cannot be split between the two of them
Alright bro. Thanks 4 the explanation
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by mustapha3097(m): 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
Gbosa

1 Like

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by NNTR: 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2022
Kobicove:
Billionaire philanthropist MacKenzie Scott has filed for divorce from her second husband after less than two years of marriage.

Scott, one of the world's richest people, married Seattle-based science teacher Dan Jewett last year after divorcing Amazon founder Jeff Bezos in 2019.

Scott filed a petition for divorce in the King County Superior Court in Washington State on Monday, according to the Court clerk's office.
The news was first reported by The New York Times on Wednesday.

In 2021, the couple had announced their marital union without much fanfare and through a message on their webpage for the Giving Pledge, a philanthropic organization which encourages the world's richest people to give away a majority of their wealth to charitable causes.

Scott and Jewett appeared aligned in their commitment to philanthropy. Scott has given away billions of dollars as part of a plan to donate a majority of her fortune.

"I am married to one of the most generous and kind people I know — and joining her in a commitment to pass on an enormous financial wealth to serve others," Jewett wrote in his message on Giving Pledge in 2021. "I look forward to the growth and learning I have ahead as a part of this undertaking with MacKenzie."

But Jewett's message seemed to have disappeared from the Giving Pledge site and his name was recently edited out of a Medium post Ms. Scott had written last year about their gifts, The Times reported Wednesday.

Scott, a novelist, also deleted Jewett from her author bio on Amazon, the online retailer that is the source of her vast wealth, according to the NYT.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by 2rez: 7:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
Nice game Scott. Damn!!! I fear who no fear that gender. A whole lotta them are out there! They joyride in bringing a brother down but Why so evil Why

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
CASH MADAM grin
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by princepee: 8:30pm On Sep 29, 2022
sad Hope he will collect 2x what she collected from Jeff
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Delacroix6(m): 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
Billionaire hoe

Na my turn .
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Soulsymbol99: 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
This gender never disappoints grin
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Slynation(m): 8:32pm On Sep 29, 2022
This woman just dey steady cash out without stress...grin grin grin
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Heffalump(m): 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
That woman is an evil spirit
Re: MacKenzie Scott Files For Divorce From Dan Jewett , Her Second Husband by Chizzyjforce: 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2022
She got the freedom she wanted, now she cannot manage the freedom.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Aliko Dangote's Former Wife And Fatima's Mother / CBN Bans Deposits Into Domiciliary Account / How We Caught Access Bank’s Account Hacker, Chris Ihebuzo — EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.