Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel (26119 Views)

Lekki Deep Seaport Makes History, Receives First Cargo Vessel (Photos) / Container Vessel Berths At Onne Port (Photos) / Vessel Traffic At Calabar Port Increases By 40% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by LaSenior: 10:22am On Sep 29, 2022
Untill the make it to be same price

Shipping to Lagos is way cheaper than other ports in Nigeria

Until they start to review the price then I can say they mean business

You can telling me that I can free ship to onne ports when I know you will charge me X2 of what you charge in Lagos ports
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by lailo: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2022
Each region should at least have a single functioning ports to make life easier for Nigerians./quote]
Such a bigoted opinion undecided.
How many region is close to Atlantic ocean or have sea beside SW and SS who already have several sea ports? So Nigeria will command sea/ocean in those landlock regions just bcs they must have seaport?
So many country without seaport or oil doing better than Nigeria. Nigeria already has enough seaports, hold your leaders responsible to make those ones already on ground function to capacity.

3 Likes

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Iceberg3: 10:42am On Sep 29, 2022
SugarGirl44:

eleyi ti ya werey,sha! A ni emi o ba eranko soro,kini wahala tie? Talo so fun yin pe,Omo Ibo le mi? Wo,e dakun,e gbe orieburu jade siwaju mi,ose pupo

Your wife must be trying, if you nag like this online, you'll be worse offline.
Get well soon.
Lagos matter will end y'all very soon.
Yet una no wan leave.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Kokoebapluse(m): 10:54am On Sep 29, 2022
Nice one from that area.
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by erico2k2(m): 10:54am On Sep 29, 2022
Creditalerts:
APShit supporter spotted

Your mumulity is a universal type use your brain to think instead of anus .I pity you and your write up .
Counter his argument with realistic arguments not these talk you are coming up with that is making no sense like now!
The shiping lined determines where their ship go to not the Port!

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by erico2k2(m): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2022
lailo:
Each region should at least have a single functioning ports to make life easier for Nigerians./quote]
Such a bigoted opinion undecided.
How many region is close to Atlantic ocean or have sea beside SW and SS who already have several sea ports? So Nigeria will command sea/ocean in those landlock regions just bcs they must have seaport?
So many country without seaport or oil doing better than Nigeria. Nigeria already has enough seaports, hold your leaders responsible to make those ones already on ground function to capacity.
ABuja go get sea port too grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by erico2k2(m): 10:57am On Sep 29, 2022
LaSenior:

You can telling me that I can free ship to onne ports when I know you will charge me X2 of what you charge in Lagos ports
I have shipped to Onne port B4, they charge same, however you might wait 8 months B4 you can get a vessel going to that port due to low traffic .This is the real problem. Onitsh has a port however traffic that way is LOW

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by DeepSight(m): 10:58am On Sep 29, 2022
Okoroawusa:
I Love PMB

You must be cursed.
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by CASTOSVILLA(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2022
Alba3:
Little education would have saved you from publicly embarrassing yourself online. So it's the government that's forcing the importers to use Lagos?

Profit margins are what's driving business. You move your goods close to major markets and major users like industries, etc. If you want to move your goods to a place like Calabar you pay more for transportation, insurance and other logistics.

No one is stopping you from using other ports in PH, Calabar so far it's cheaper than hauling your goods from Lagos.
You read my comment without comprehension. Ask yourself why people pay more for logistics and transportation at other ports. It's simply because the market has been residing in Lagos for as long as the government did not decentralize the port business. Companies stay where it's favorable and that's where everybody comes to (the aboki and afonja plan). Other ports were left out due to aged long government policies and license issuance of operation. Yes Companies have competitions in Lagos because of this and of course costs of logistics etc will reduce. You cannot compare it with other ports where goods hardly arrives and few working Companies charge more in order to make for docile losses incurred in those ports.

Imagine if cross river port, PH and Warri ports have been working since just like Lagos. People will receive there goods there, Companies will setup around the ports, competition will cut down on service charges, importers will build and live in those areas, economy will boom for the host states with regards to how many customers patronize their ports. Lagos will see less presence, revenue and major market as it sees today.

Head offices will be decentralized and airports in those regions will be converted to international ones because of foreign presence. Tinubu will not be as rich as he is today. Lagos will be an oceanic desert.

I guess your education did not give you enough sense of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Vlas05(m): 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2022
This is the best news so far this week

1 Like

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Mrpojj(m): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
Bobloco:

We’re active, not sleeping, ready for business —Port Manager

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/calabar-port-berths-190-metre-long-general-cargo-vessel/
3 vessel in 90 days , that's poor
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by freemi(m): 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2022
rusher14:

Clear how?

Would your state have more concentration of IT companies?

Embassies ?

Superior Real estate?

Concentration of sophisticated people?

Clear how?
der have all that cuz of the ports. If u can't understand it then leave it
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by COMPAQ(m): 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2022
Bobloco:

We’re active, not sleeping, ready for business —Port Manager

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/09/calabar-port-berths-190-metre-long-general-cargo-vessel/

The problem with Ports, Train stations, airports etc in Nigeria is that they are not being run as commercial enterprises. They depend on govt for alaries, so they don't push for business.

If Calabar port workers salaries were dependent on the revenue they make, they will be more up and doing. If I was the MD of Calabar port, I would visit Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi markets as well as other major markets in the axis to market for business. All importers need to do is o make Calabar thir port of destination. i will also speak to the FG and Cross River/Akwa Ibom State governments to dualize the road from Calabar to Port Harcourt ( Eket junction to Port Harcourt is already dualized) for cargo evacuation.

This applies tp PH port too by the way.

if I were Peter Obi or the incoming President, part of my policy objectives would be to convert a number of government parastatals to independent, self sustaining Limited Liability Companies lile NNPC Ltd, wherein salaries are only paid from revenues and not from government purse. No revenue, no salaries shikena. Among the companies to be incorporated and commercialized would be.

Nigerian Railway Corporation
Nigerian Ports Authority - each individual port should be a company on its own
International Airports
Nigerian Television Authority (If Channels and TVC are surviving on their own, why not NTA)
Nigerian Radio Corporation

and many more....
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by nature40: 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2022
rusher14:

Clear how?

Would your state have more concentration of IT companies?

Embassies ?

Superior Real estate?

Concentration of sophisticated people?

Clear how?

Guy calm down, you will be shocked how people will trop out of Lagos once the insecurity problem is resolved, and with a minimal development in other states. People are tired of the noisy and dirty Lagos and its environ. I'm sure you are not progressing in life because you have a very wicked mind. An average westerner, ote ote everywhere.
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by rusher14: 2:20pm On Sep 29, 2022
nature40:

Guy calm down, you will be shocked how people will trop out of Lagos once the insecurity problem is resolved, and with a minimal development in other states. People are tired of the noisy and dirty Lagos and its environ. I'm sure you are not progressing in life because you have a very wicked mind. An average westerner, ote ote everywhere.

Just wait make you see how Nigeria go dey alright once we know how to make nuclear energy.

grin
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2022
Good one if its true, it will be like calabar of the early 2000s whose ports were flooded with cars.
The roads were lasted flooded with cars, and bikes reduced.
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Alba3: 3:14pm On Sep 29, 2022
Iceberg3:

You seem to be the one lacking education.
I live in Lagos and work at sea.
That apapa axis has long become an eyesore now. The traffic on land and the water way from the anchorage to say,ijegun,is so unbearable.
Don't even talk about hygiene cos those trailers parked on the entire stretch from a little bit after mile2 reeks of shhhiet form the drivers,boy and area boys who litter the areas!!!!!

But sail away to warri,the port is empty! Sail to Calabar,it's basically empty. Same thing at PH....
Lagos is surrounded by Ogun state,also a coastal state but not a single functioning port. Ondo state, nothing,Onitha nko, nothing,my own state, Edo gelegele port, nothing...
But tin can and apapa are like bee hives and the sad thing is,as huge as that stretch is,from that mile 2 area all the way down to apapa wharf, Nigerians cannot beat their chests and say they have decent jobs as staff there: virtually all the workers there are dock workers,stevedores, contract workers who don't even know who they are working for! Their meagre pay will pass thru like two hands before they receive it!

The fed govt knows what they are doing and it's deliberate.
If the north were coastal,ahhhhh,things would've changed long ago
You need to go and get back all the school fees you've paid all schools you've attended if you still believe at your age that federal government is holding you and importers back from using your Onitsha and gelegele ports.

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Iceberg3: 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2022
Alba3:
You need to go and get back all the school fees you've paid all schools you've attended if you still believe at your age that federal government is holding you and importers back from using your Onitsha and gelegele ports.
that's after you go for cerebellar ataxia enhancement, thank you very much grin

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Alabaintprice(m): 3:16pm On Sep 29, 2022
georgeakins:

Who will suffer if Nigeria divides?

The most backward region during the era of regionalism was South East.

The only region that will suffer is South East. They contribute nothing except cimes

We developed your state's in the west, we will do it again in the East.
Na we get business
Na we get contacts
Na we get connections .

E no get where e touch.
When the time comes.
We will know who will loose
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Alabaintprice(m): 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2022
Komu1048:

That’s the mentality of an average zombies, they must sha import. So u r doing Nigeria a favour by importing fake products from China. Before China Nigeria have been dying coz they couldn’t afford American product abi? Must you people import?

No wonder any govt that promotes industrialization always turn out to be your worst enemy.

reason they have to kill Dora Akunyili cox she prevent them from producing fake drugs. Zombidients don’t care if the whole Nigeria burn, so far they can make money to live their fake rich-man live style.

No wonder they r all rallying round a fake economics who use his life to import n wasted resources n did nothing for 8 years to be our president. God please hear our humble cry, Ipob sponsorer must not be our president

The question still remains "are you using china made profile not"?

Can you afford to buy a sneaker over $100? If you can, how many will you own?

Mr, shut up and sit on stone.

We made life easy for you and you generation yet unborn.

Parasites
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Komu1048(m): 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2022
Alabaintprice:

The question still remains "are you using china made profile not"?

Can you afford to buy a sneaker over $100? If you can, how many will you own?

Mr, shut up and sit on stone.

We made life easy for you and you generation yet unborn.

Parasites

I go to market to buy, It's not everyone that's crazy about designers. Even in America not everyone that is crazy about wearing other people's name calling it fashion.

Stop importation, stop killing the naira, stop drawing Nigeria backward coz u want to move forward.

Zombiedient saying they will grow naira like. Them think na to dey carry cocaine?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by rusher14: 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2022
LaSenior:

Who charges those exorbitant fees?

The freight companies?

1 Like

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Alba3: 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2022
owobokiri:
For Eastern ports to be as fuctional as they are supposed to be, all the additional charges and wayward rates imposed on freights going to the east need to be stopped immediately! It's these charges and the regulation that demands that the ships must first berths in Lagos, before accessing other areas of the country, that are responsible for the deaths of eastern ports.
Is it the government or the freight companies that imposed additional fees just the way government or transport companies imposed additional fees on people going beyond Abuja to Sokoto or Maiduguri?
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by georgeakins: 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2022
Alabaintprice:

We developed your state's in the west, we will do it again in the East.
Na we get business
Na we get contacts
Na we get connections .

E no get where e touch.
When the time comes.
We will know who will loose

Charity begins at home.

Make your region habitable, so that other Nigerians will want to live there.

As of today, it is only Ibos that live in Iboland

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2022
georgeakins:

Ibos should quickly relocate and stop constituting nuisance in Lagos and South West, now that we have a port in Calabar.

We don't need them here in South West.

Industrialization is what makes a country grow not importation of fake Chinese products.

The port in Lagos is for genuine industrialists like Dangote, BUA, Eleganza, Otedola, Otudeko and co

You must be very stupid. The same Otudeko that almost grounded First Bank that CBN had to remove him. Now he has sold honeywell flour Mills to Flour mills Nigeria.
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by alfanio(m): 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2022
That's true o! Brilliant
Where do you want the port of South East, North East, West and Central to be located?
checkmatez:
Any seaport in the same Nigeria having different activities from Lagos port is not a port......
Stop all this propaganda
Each region should at least have a single functioning ports to make life easier for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by checkmatez: 6:38am On Sep 30, 2022
alfanio:
That's true o! Brilliant
Where do you want the port of South East, North East, West and Central to be located?
go and ask Kaduna dryland port
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Alabaintprice(m): 7:49am On Sep 30, 2022
georgeakins:

Charity begins at home.

Make your region habitable, so that other Nigerians will want to live there.

As of today, it is only Ibos that live in Iboland

Did anyone stop you from living in alaigbo?
No one did.
Y'all have been living in bigotry for donkey years.

It's no one's fault.

Purge yourself of hate you know nothing about
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

We have northerners and southerners in the East.
Guess what, they are very much protected in the East so long as they don't constitute nuisance......

Ask any southerner or northerner that stays in the south west.

Also, y'all that have anything to invest in the East. I mean, you can't leave your comfort zones cos your lazy ass can't do anything reasonable.
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by Alabaintprice(m): 7:52am On Sep 30, 2022
Komu1048:

I go to market to buy, It's not everyone that's crazy about designers. Even in America not everyone that is crazy about wearing other people's name calling it fashion.

Stop importation, stop killing the naira, stop drawing Nigeria backward coz u want to move forward.

Zombiedient saying they will grow naira like. Them think na to dey carry cocaine?

When I know someone who wants to lie, the truth is hard to come out. They keep beating around the bush.
You go tomthe market to buy, so what you buy did they tell you it is American wears or China?

Also who is borrowing from China today please, is it the Igbos or the federal government?

Stupid ass.... Keep deceiving yourself.

Be humble and beg an Igbo man to show you the way.

Same way the Hausa has seen the light through the communication with an Igbo man. That's why an Hausa mantofay can import.

Pride will ruin the whole of the south west.

It won't be so long but it will manifest. Then you'll see how useless you guys are in this country
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by achimendy(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2022
checkmatez:
Any seaport in the same Nigeria having different activities from Lagos port is not a port......
Stop all this propaganda
Each region should at least have a single functioning ports to make life easier for Nigerians.

Those paid agent quoting me about landlock reqions.... You can't turn blind eyes to dryland port in Kaduna

Very correct.....
Re: Calabar Port Berths 190-Metre Long General Cargo Vessel by georgeakins: 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
Alabaintprice:

Did anyone stop you from living in alaigbo?
No one did.
Y'all have been living in bigotry for donkey years.

It's no one's fault.

Purge yourself of hate you know nothing about
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

We have northerners and southerners in the East.
Guess what, they are very much protected in the East so long as they don't constitute nuisance......

Ask any southerner or northerner that stays in the south west.

Also, y'all that have anything to invest in the East. I mean, you can't leave your comfort zones cos your lazy ass can't do anything reasonable.

Nobody lives in Iboland except the Ibos.

That is the only region in Nigeria that you won't find non indigenes residing. That is why you cannot any other person speaking Ibo language except the Ibos

It shows the kind of people you're.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kalu, Wase, Jaji, Betara, Others Eye Gbajabiamila’s Seat As Race Kicks Off / PHOTOS: How To Detect A Suicide Bomber / I Visited Buhari In London, But I Won’t Talk About His Health – Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.