Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans (15219 Views)

FG Now Pays About ₦‎600 Billion Monthly For Fuel Subsidy - Rainoil CEO / EFCC Goes After Bola Tinubu, Writes CCB For Assets Documents - Peoples Gazette / Breaking: EFCC Goes After Tinubu Over Bullion Vans During 2019 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 29, 2022
Some of the "Farmers" are in banana island and ikoyi cheesy

3 Likes

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by casualobserver: 11:02am On Sep 29, 2022
CBN confirming what we all know….EFCC has become a glorified debt recovery agency.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by Brendaniel: 11:03am On Sep 29, 2022
foxxydude:

The thing tire me
How can I obtain loan of N1m and pay CBN staff 400k? The CBN staff even drafted agreement indeed to sign before we proceed grin
Monkey dey work baboo dey chop

can you imagine, legalizing illegality grin

2 Likes

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by EroticJane(f): 11:12am On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

And someone will tell me that Buhari and APC have been fighting corruption.

This is the most corrupt government in history since the name Nigeria was even thought of
so how does that concern Buhari and APC? were those guys in CBN encouraged by Buhari and APC to collect kick backs? these acts is very common to Nigeria no matter the government in power. we are all very corrupt, and until we change, Nigeria will still remains the same even if Atiku, Obi, Tinubu or anyone wins.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by Brendaniel: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2022
EroticJane:
so how does that concern Buhari and APC? were those guys in CBN encouraged by Buhari and APC to collect kick backs? these acts is very common to Nigeria no matter the government in power. we are all very corrupt, and until we change, Nigeria will still remains the same even if Atiku, Obi, Tinubu or anyone wins.

That is what you think, when the head is rotten the body also suffers, you think if the presidents holds people he appoints accountable they will not also do the same to those under them and so on and so on, APC happens to be the worst government when it comes to accountability...

1 Like

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by Eriokanmi: 11:18am On Sep 29, 2022
Tell that to the mountain. We no benefit from any agric loan. Go to the north and yell Mr governor
Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by Eriokanmi: 11:19am On Sep 29, 2022
GardenOfGod:
This CBN governor is so poor in terms of policy making.

Tinubu once suggested they print more notes and they did.

Voting Tinubu will make CBN print naira every months.

Tinubu's monetary policies are as poor as his health. grin grin grin grin
The worst ever. Emefiele should be a micro finance bank manager.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by LikeAking: 11:20am On Sep 29, 2022
And some people go say money no dey Nigeria.

Govt wicked, etc.

Govt th give money steady bit ya friends and fam won't tell you. They will take it codedly.

1 Like

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by Gavey: 11:21am On Sep 29, 2022
Ok na
Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by mayo47(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2022
How do you know they eventually printed more notes?

GardenOfGod:

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by GardenOfGod(m): 11:30am On Sep 29, 2022
Eriokanmi:
The worst ever. Emefiele should be a micro finance bank manager.
There is no aspect of this government that deserves commendation for a job well done. None!

1 Like

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by GardenOfGod(m): 11:30am On Sep 29, 2022
mayo47:
How do you know they eventually printed more notes?

So you don't know

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by mayo47(m): 11:32am On Sep 29, 2022
Lol.......Your reply havent answered my simple question

GardenOfGod:

So you don't know
Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by GardenOfGod(m): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2022
mayo47:
Lol.......Your reply havent answered my simple question

Google should be your friend dude...
Compare the date that Tinubu made the suggestion and the year CBN carried out the instructions.. grin grin

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by erico2k2(m): 11:36am On Sep 29, 2022
Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by Reference(m): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2022
foxxydude:
CBN should go after their corrupt staffs that held facilitate those loans at 40% or more kick back to pay full principal after 2 years. These officials also assured that govt will not recover the loans grin
I and some guys were offered this loans at 40% kickback which I declined, when govt wants their money back the guys in CBN will be nowhere

Did they give those officials cash? If not records of such kick-back transfers should be made available to the EFCC when they come calling.
Nigeria is rotten, top to bottom under a government that came to power with a promise that these things will be ended.... but alas.
It appears the CBN has no internal surveillance mechanism to check that disbursed funds are not misappropriated.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by foxxydude: 11:44am On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

can you imagine, legalizing illegality grin

Civil servants are the corruption you and I are talking about

3 Likes

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by foxxydude: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2022
Reference:

Did you give those officials cash? If not records of such kick-back transfers should be made available to the EFCC when they come calling.

I did not go through with the loan process. I just declined and thanked them for the offer.

1 Like

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by rusher14: 11:54am On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

And someone will tell me that Buhari and APC have been fighting corruption.

This is the most corrupt government in history since the name Nigeria was even thought of
Somebody just starts a rumour and you swallow it as facts.

1 Like

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by Reference(m): 11:54am On Sep 29, 2022
foxxydude:

I did not go through with the loan process. I just declined and thanked them for the offer.

Sorry for that, I corrected my response.
It is patriotic for you to report the things you know.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by goodnewscliff(m): 11:54am On Sep 29, 2022
foxxydude:

The thing tire me
How can I obtain loan of N1m and pay CBN staff 400k? The CBN staff even drafted agreement indeed to sign before we proceed grin
Monkey dey work baboo dey chop
seriously
Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by jojothaiv(m): 11:59am On Sep 29, 2022
Maxymilliano:
Lol ... Aboki really cashed out from the anchor borrower scheme and saw it as a share of the national cake
You too sabi.

Most of my brothers collect the bar go marry new wives, the ones wey small sense enter their head farm for small time then go buy bike abandon farming.

Too the average Northener (sadly, that's where I'm from) it was a cash out season same thing happened to NIRSAL funds too.

4 Likes

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2022
Food scarcity unloading, Emefielus is killing his people in the south with hunger.
Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by mayo47(m): 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
Dont believe everything you see on the internet/Google. The news published about Naira printing. Did it state it was an "additional printing of money" or the usual exercise for money printing. Moreover its funny, how you compare the CBN reply and that of tinubu considering the timeframe. Do you know how often, the volume and value of naira printing annually? You need to ask yourself question before jumping into conclusion

NB: I am not a Tinubu supporter but like to be quite objective with the use of critical thinking

GardenOfGod:

Google should be your friend dude...
Compare the date that Tinubu made the suggestion and the year CBN carried out the instructions.. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by adecz: 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
When your yeye government allowed
bandits to stop farmers from farming,
how do you want the farmers to pay❓

And btw, government already declared
the Anchor program as a big success,
so, how come so much is being owed.

Lie, lie government❗️❗️☹️☹️☹️☹️
Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2022
Corrupt Bank of Nigeria. angry
Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by nedekid: 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2022
GardenOfGod:

Afterall he also said high forex rate ie the devalued naira does not affect ordinary Nigerians as they don't travel, they don't need dollar or pounds, all they need is thir agbado, cassava, ewa and dodooo available locally. So cbn should print more money.
Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by Ramsey247(m): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2022
All those who gave kickbacks what is their faith?
Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by abbahfather: 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2022
Peace of mind for no the loan reach, they suggested a kick back of 800k out of 1.8m
I no gree they kukuma say them no give, now my guy the call the man him no gree pick yawa Don gas
Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by Brendaniel: 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
rusher14:

Somebody just starts a rumour and you swallow it as facts.

I hope you are enjoying the rumours of rising prices and goods and services and the fall of naira due to corruption...
Re: CBN Goes After States, Farmers Over ₦600 Billion Unpaid Loans by rusher14: 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2022
Brendaniel:

I hope you are enjoying the rumours of rising prices and goods and services and the fall of naira due to corruption...

You guys throw economics to the dogs.

Corruption isn't the cause of rising dollar but a lack of productivity and even government policies.

Try to update yourself.

Abi pound wey lose value this week na because of corruption?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Customs Makes N486bn In Six Months, Breaks Revenue Record / Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians / Nigeria's Economy is Among The Largest in the World, says Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.