Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Odinani And African Spirituality. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Odinani And African Spirituality. (3163 Views)

The Jewish Torah And The Igbo Odinani. / Images From Igbo Traditional Religion (Odinani) / African Spirituality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
Well, there's no better of beginning than to begin,my name is Ojiugoanawalueze,I am female,Igbo and I am from Anambra state. The ways of my ancestors runs in my veins,for no one can truly deny their roots and it has been a journey of self discovery, growth, interactions with several energies and most of all a journey into the advancement of the mind and thought processes. I am also a writer,healer,teacher and a spiritualist.

Contrary, to what we were told and taught, odinani is the Igbo traditional system,it embodies their beliefs and way of life . Odinani is based on the principles of equity&justice,honesty,communal and team effort not one person or group lording it over others . The social values and norm was different from what obtains today. As we go along we will talk in details about things like chi, ikenga,Agwu etc.

I can be reached at 08163731015..(WhatsApp chats only)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by pacino26(m): 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2022
Ojiugoanawaluez:
Well, there's no better of beginning than to begin,my name is Ojiugoanawalueze,I am female,Igbo and I am from Anambra state. The ways of my ancestors runs in my veins,for no one can truly deny their roots and it has been a journey of self discovery, growth, interactions with several energies and most of all a journey into the advancement of the mind and thought processes. I am also a writer,healer,teacher and a spiritualist.

Contrary, to what we were told and taught, odinani is the Igbo traditional system,it embodies their beliefs and way of life . Odinani is based on the principles of equity&justice,honesty,communal and team effort not one person or group lording it over others . The social values and norm was different from what obtains today. As we go along we will talk in details about things like chi, ikenga,Agwu etc.

Yagazie.

It is with joy and great pleasure that I am pitching my tent here. The African spirituality in its undiluted form was the foundation of the African society that the colonialists envied and demonized. But today, a new rebirth and awakening is happening where people are beginning to question the very lies we were taught.

Horus my friend where are you?

3 Likes

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 2:04pm On Sep 29, 2022
Thank you so much ,Pacino. Mmuo odogwu
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2022
ON WHY SHOULD RETAIN YOUR ANCESTRAL NAME

Oriki/mbe'm
who are you
chants&Eulogies...

oriki is a Yoruba word that combines two words to mean 'praising your head/spirit/ ora'. oriki/mbe'm is also viewed as a spiritual channel of transmitting the collective consciousness of Ancestors to children of the next generation. Ori is your head energy or your chi to 'ki' is to praise, or greet or eulogize your chi. An oriki is a praise song, a greeting that appeals to your inner man, your spirit and your life force, bcs African Spirituality believes that our spirit powers our bodies, in Igbo cosmology, mmuo do not recognize you by your body or flesh ,rather by your spirit for instance if your family name is 'nwosu': spirits will recognize you by that spirit tag or energy signature, they will call you ' mmuo bé nwosu' shortened to 'mmuo nwosu'- this means spirit of the house of nwosu' or nwosu's spirit.. your soul dances to mbe'm/or oriki, something within your soul awakens bcs oriki or mbe'm traces the achievements, breakthroughs &pedigree of your blood line. it is your personal hype or mantra it is one of the things that can rouse your spirit,spur it on or bring it to a halt. it is an Art form that is vital hence spirits and Kings know how to use this this weapon... self Eulogy is vital,it can be spoken or sung..

In Yoruba spirituality they have various kinds of Oriki, oriki of The ori, oriki of ifa, oriki of esu, oriki of aje, oriki of ibeji etc. oriki/mbe'm is like contracting a town crier to wake your spirit and to call them for an important meeting,you can do this whenever you visit the land of your fathers,; family oriki is important it tells a story to the young ones because Africa's ancestral and oral history is passed down verbally by word of mouth,it reminds us of the valour, strength and courage of our Ancestors on whose shoulders we stand,on whose land we walk on. We may now ask, what is in a name? your name is like a pebble that when you throw it into a river it creates a ripple that reverberates, your name carries a vibration that calls the universe and every energy to attention when you introduce yourself,When you remember your bloodline,when you acknowledge them,when you call them,they respond by paying attention and beyond paying attention they cause the universe to pay attention to you as well. It is important for you to understand your genealogy and your family tree, that's the only way you can truely 'know' yourself,this is because history follows patterns and oftentimes repeats itself. Knowing your ancestor is liking knowing your brand signature,your emblem and your logo: this is vital for if you have been issued a cheque but do not know the right signatory to authorize pay out, you will not see shishi. lol. you will have money but can never acess it,worse still people will be seeing you as someone that has money,you can't even see who to lend you money, because you truly have, you Just chose to be stingy to yourself: E shock you abi?. This post is 'to be continued' by my Agwu, will write a concluding part later. please do not copy , just share...
Afa'm bu Ezenwanyi Ojiugo

I can be reached @ 08163731015
alternatively you can follow my Facebook page

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0U16Z2upEKvwhR6rSJEo7oXdkkghN5dMb148ioauTk5TDRuV47pzF4hy8BwKBuwvTl&id=100083483081008

#Ezenwanyiojiugo
#DaughterofAni
#Lightworker
#Streetlightuwanile

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 8:06pm On Sep 30, 2022
Good evening guys, for those who are really afraid of clicking on suspicious links ,I attached a screenshot of my Facebook page here,you can search with your phone on Facebook to follow me there too..

Thanks everyone..

#Ezenwanyiojiugo

1 Like

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 2:41am On Oct 01, 2022
On Stagnation/Rising And Falling Syndrome

Let me paint this scenario for us: A mother with 6kids for a example,goes to the market,cooks for her children and family,on getting home she receives a call from her next door neighbor that she's stuck in traffic somewhere and will be home late,that she should please assist her children till she returns. With the extra four kids from her neigbour and her own children will bring the total number of children to 10,this woman will feed her own children first , before rustling up something for her neigbour's kids to eat while waiting for their own mother to return- This is natural and verifiable, no mother will leave her own children unfed or unsatisfied and then go out side to do 'onyeoma cy'. Stay with me ,I am going somewhere with this �.

Every Race had their own concept of the divine, God, chukwu/Olodumare,their own way that they understood the divine and internalized it, the way they interacted with the Divine and how this relationship with God brought structure and stability to their life experiences. Understand they were not without a knowledge of God, rather they understood the divine own consciousness, their language was not a barrier or between them and their God,they did not have to rely on any other person's understanding or experience in order to walk with their own God: for how can you relate with a God that you will first need an interpreter to understand?lol, is that not laughable? But that was the God that was sold to Africans.
Beyond the above , Africans understood nature, considered it sacred, treated the Earth as an Orisa, regarded her as sacred because she was and is still sacred ,what this means is that our Ancestors first had to find ways of interacting with their environment in the best possible ways in order to ensure their survival, prosperity and the propagation of their own race.

One thing we need to understand is that every Earth is not the same, there are differences & peculiarities,even the properties of tha Earth and resources found in it differs. Our Ancestors first,found and formed an intimate balance& interactions with the unseen aspects of our Earth and this led to the foundations of our families as we know it today, in some parts wars were fought to secure and retain family estates,lands, kingships and royalfiefdoms. They did not gain this freedom single-handedly ,but they were backed by this spirits who later became family deities/orishas, homestead guardian spirits etc. These are the spirits that the spirits that your churches call 'familiar spirits or Ancestral spirits' lol, ofcourse they are familiar with you ,they know you by your family name and bloodline,they are the spirits,you spend productive hours, time &money casting,but they have refused to 'die'. Spirits don't die. Yet if we want to, we can ponder on why the Traditions of Asians did not hinder their growth and Technological Advancement?no nau, let's ask ourselves...

News flash: Most of this deities and orishas were installed for family protection & wealth, some was for childbearing,some are the reasons why some of were born sef,some was to build and establish the homestead in whatever they were naturally skilled or gifted at for instance: blacksmithing, pottery, healing, farming , merchanting etc. Oftentimes stagnation/Rising & falling comes as a result of the death of a particular elder or patraich or matriach who was the custodian of these deities and who acted on behalf of the entire family,most of them died without passing on this vital information to their children and offspring bcs church&other foreign religions, and once they exit this Earth,things will fall apart,bcs they basically failed in the leadership task of ensuring a successor and continuity, though we can't blame them much bcs many of us weren't ready to listen or learn about the true foundations of our families; so woto-woto continues,. The message today,is to bring good tidings to those who are really tired of struggling so much without any significant progress or breakthroughs,to check the foundations of their families,but this time not to cast&bind or to destroy but to acknowledge,align and make peace , Africans lived in harmony with all of nature.

Afa'm bu Ezenwanyi Ojiugo..
#daugterofAni
#lightworker

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by pacino26(m): 8:16am On Oct 01, 2022
What rightful steps should be employed in realigning with these ancestral patron deities or spirits?

For those who know but refuse to belief, the word PATRON SAINTS of this and that are coinage to wrap what they have.

Ojiugo daalu. Your blend of Yoruba and Igbo spiritual teaching make sense. Our brothers up northern Nigeria, you have anything on their traditional spiritual beliefs?
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 9:08am On Oct 01, 2022
Pacino, thank you so much for your response. I grew up in Yoruba land and spent a better part of my life there and also schooled in the west(osun state), I had very personal interactions with Yoruba cosmology, actually I first got familiar with the Yoruba ways before I also got in tune with Odinani. I do not the things I have no knowledge of, lol, I have not had any interactions with any northern traditions or spiritual pratice. I mostly use first-hand experiences in my teachings.

Dalu. Have a great day...
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 9:13am On Oct 01, 2022
Will come back to your first questions later
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by ThankGodFriday(m): 1:07pm On Oct 02, 2022
Ojiugoanawaluez:

1 Like

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by pacino26(m): 7:31am On Oct 03, 2022
Ojiugoanawaluez:

Good morning.
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Kobojunkie: 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2022
Ojiugoanawaluez:
On Stagnation/Rising And Falling Syndrome...
I am simply interested in learning the name of the plant in the picture you attached abeg. thanks undecided
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
Hello, the name of the plant is called ogilisi in Igbo language, it has multiple uses , healing properties, can be used as sage. The same way white people package their sage plants and sell to us, ogilisi has the same abilities and more, it can be used to ward off negative energies, if you are experiencing cobwebs, this plant can dispell it. It protects your aura and energy space, when you make use of this plant, not everything negative can easily attach to you. It is called, ewe akoko in Yoruba language.

3 Likes

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2022
Ojiugoanawaluez:
Hello, the name of the plant is called ogilisi in Igbo language, it has multiple uses , healing properties, can be used as sage. The same way white people package their sage plants and sell to us, ogilisi has the same abilities and more, it can be used to ward off negative energies, if you are experiencing cobwebs, this plant can dispell it. It protects your aura and energy space, when you make use of this plant, not everything negative can easily attach to you. It is called, ewe akoko in Yoruba language.
What about the root of the plant? Any medicinal benefits there? undecided
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2022
The root is used with a combination of other roots in treatment of sores,open wounds and for ulcer, both for bathing and drinking.
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2022
Ojiugoanawaluez:
The root is used with a combination of other roots in treatment of sores,open wounds and for ulcer, both for bathing and drinking.
Are you familiar with the medicinal uses for the Ibogaine plant - plants in the family Apocynaceae such as Tabernanthe iboga, Voacanga africana, and Tabernaemontana undulata.? undecided

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by LikeAking: 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2022
Ojiugoanawaluez:

I surport u.

1 Like

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 7:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
What Is the balancing Force of the Universe?
What is ófo?
Opa osun/opa orere

In Igbo cosmology, ófo or offor is the symbol of Truth, Justice and fairness, it is a staff of authority that is used to seal agreements, convenants, oaths, decrees etc. It is believed that Chiukwu was the first Akajiofor and the originator of ófo, to have proper understanding of this topic,I will try to break it down as much as I can, and that in his creative Acts of God, he created our Earth in line with natural laws and principles which were sealed by oath with the offor. Now for this Acts to last and endure for generations and to last as long as our Earth continues to exist to ensure sustenance of life on Earth for all species, this Acts of creation were sealed between Olodumare/Chiukwu and other spirit Beings by the ófo-Sealed by oath and bound to an eternal convenant to perform the tasks for which they were created. What this means is that the sun is under oath to show up every day except when it rains, the moon, the Earth is under the oath of continually carrying the weight of our destruction, pollution, rancour, and to continually sustain life for all species on Earth. This is the first way that ofo performs the task of bringing balance.

Ofó is highly revered because it is a spirit that manifests itself in the form of a tree, the ófo staff is gotten from the ofó tree, which is a deity on its own because it is a spirit that goes after people who commit evil and all sorts of crime,it has the power to bring calamity to those who involve themselves in evil. It manifests by itself so it does not really depend on man to be effective and active, in the olden days ,it usually appears at the center of a community's major market in order to keep a close on every member of the community, because in those days everyone must come to a single market to ensure the exchange of goods and other communities. It brings social cohesion by acting a spiritual court for the people because no one who is guilty will attempt to swear by it or to upsurp the truth.
It is also a physical manifestation of a spiritual conclusion, It is vital in communicating with spirit beings who abhor injustice, corruption,evil and misappropriation of power, so in order to walk with this beings you must hold ofo on your hand ,it is the purity of your hands, heart and spirit and your uprightness that qualifies you to approach these spirits.

This totem tree keeps balance by maintaining the delicate balance of our world and that of the spirits , ensuring that those on this divide do not overun or intrude on those on the other side without proper arrangements. Ofó is a spirit that does not respect anybody based on your stature or that you are a king or queen, or chief or a priestess, once you commit evil or contravene the terms of an agreement, the energy leaves you immediately, you become empty of your gifts but you may not know, for a king his kingdom becomes weak and he can be overrun by his enemies, for a healer or Dibia or Awo priest, ofó or opa osun(osun's staff) is used to give life and power to your herbs ,pratice and decrees, in order words it is the spirit that backs your utterances to bring it to manifestation. Ofó /opa osun is the power to 'palasé'. It balances our universe by bringing consequences real fast, there is a consequence for every evil deed,and no emotions are considered,but it is no longer so in our time because of our indiscriminate tree felling, fanaticism for foreign religions, hankering after other forms of spirituality and listening to prophecies that some trees are hindering your progress, so in our own times we are consumed and eaten up raw by our evil, extreme greed and corruption because the spiritual Justice system has been truncated, nothing can exist out of a void ,what ever we create or manifest is a thing that has first gained ground in our spirit. In most Igbo families, once you mention ófo or bring it up,every evil doer will be on the run, they will sare Kaba Kaba, most of them will use Christianity as an excuse ,but the truth is that ofo kills anyone or anybody who is guilty,it can even kill it's custodian if he or she is found guilty,it doesn't send anybody's father. Lol.

The summary of today's message is to Tell you that you should not involve yourself or participate in indiscriminate tree felling in your town, anything you did not create,plant or install,remove your hand from it and to officially inform you that in Africa spirits inhabit trees,it has always been so and will always be so, spirits inhabit plants and herbs and that is how they remain efficacious for whatever use we apply it to. In some parts of the world premature babies who die at birth and still born babies are buried in trees, to enable the earth absorb their spirits faster and for them to reincarnate sooner . Respect your Earth!!

#EzenwanyiOjiugo
#DaughterofAni
#lightworker
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
This is what a carved ófo or offor looks like
We also have the plain igi ofó used in sealing works and decrees. This teaching will come in series, will write on the Yoruba version of ófo called opa osun ,soon and her links and similarities with the ofó and connections to our Earth..

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by pacino26(m): 9:04pm On Oct 04, 2022
Digital Ezenwanyi on the beat. Carry on. May our ancestors lighten your path.

1 Like

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2022
Thank you ,mmuo odogwu.
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Broveens42(m): 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
pacino26:

Yagazie.

It is with joy and great pleasure that I am pitching my tent here. The African spirituality in its undiluted form was the foundation of the African society that the colonialists envied and demonized. But today, a new rebirth and awakening is happening where people are beginning to question the very lies we were taught.

Horus my friend where are you?

We have lived with science for ages. All poisons have antidote... that's why I laugh when people are afraid of going to their villages, because they lack basic knowledge; these are the so called educated people... So you see, western education alone doesn't qualify one as enlightened.

2 Likes

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 5:38am On Oct 06, 2022
A SIMPLE RITUAL.

Spirituality is a journey of self realization,so it is important you learn to do some things for yourself and by yourself: you are own priest,pastor,healer first before you seek for external help, engage your spirit first.

This ritual takes care of disappointments and rejections, if you are the kind of person who always experience cobwebs on your face especially early in the morning, or on those you have to go for important meetings or that you have observed this pattern in your life, this Ritual' can be of immense help to you. In Addition ,it is very important not to be careless or nonchalant about your life self study is key,this because our chi /Ori and other energies are constantly communicating us, giving us signs, we are the ones who are simply carried away by all the external things happening and plenty distractions..

ITEMS FOR THE RITUAL

This ritual' is simple,but it packs power..

1)local salt
2) Alligator pepper..

� You will get a new bunch of alligator pepper/ose oji, hold it behind your back and crack it open, bring it before you. Pick out two seeds use it to smudge yourself in order to ward off every negative energy attaching itself to you.

� This ritual' is best done in the morning, get a clean bucket of water, count out seven seeds of the alligator pepper, place it in your left hand and then deep it into the bucket of water and make declarations to the water, speak only of positive things which you are expecting based on your plans.

�Native salt, this salt is the locally produced one that women manufacture without using any salt processing machine. Now listen,this part is important, go to the local herb sellers,ask for the salt, one piece is okay. But don't haggle the price with the seller, any amount she mentions pay and take the salt. There's a spiritual significance to this instruction,salt is a natural preservative, all you are doing is to key into this attribute of salt in order to restore your worth in the eyes of your colleagues, partners,helpers etc. Salt is valuable and sought after, and it is always in demand, connect your intentions to this and speak to your own specific situation do this regularly. Grab a sizeable pinch and drop into the water and bathe with it, as you are bathing,keep affirming and speaking. My prayers for you as you do this is that you find mercy, and light on your path,ka ihe oma ahu di gi nma di kwa zia chi gi nma....

Afa'm bu Ezenwanyi Ojiugo (08163731015-Whatsapp chats only)

#daughteroftheprimordialmother
#ezenwanyiojiugo
#lightworker

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by pacino26(m): 11:22am On Oct 06, 2022
Broveens42:

We have lived with science for ages. All poisons have antidote... that's why I laugh when people are afraid of going to their villages, because they lack basic knowledge; these are the so called educated people... So you see, western education alone doesn't qualify one as enlightened.

No doubt about that. Western education was purportedly designed to make you hate your own and conform to their edits. That India is a world power today is because they retained their language and traditional which enabled them to understand their past then dumped western curriculum to develop their homegrown talent with western technology. Nigerians are raises even today in the universities to be followers and not leaders. The few that are able to think for themselves are sieved out by the well planned system.

We in Africa had a lot before today. Our history didn’t start with slavery.

1 Like

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by KnownUnknown: 11:51am On Oct 06, 2022
Ojiugoanawaluez:

@ sonmvayina
Odinani is finally here so don’t go missing now. You have the chance to promote Odinani or promote it’s similarities to your favorite people’s Torah.
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by sonmvayina(m): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2022
KnownUnknown:

@ sonmvayina
Odinani is finally here so don’t go missing now. You have the chance to promote Odinani or promote it’s similarities to your favorite people’s Torah.

Will surely do so..

Thanks
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by pacino26(m): 7:25am On Oct 08, 2022
If you’ve watched Encanto, Moana, Frozen 1&2, Coco and you didn’t get the message then this thread is not for you. Odinani is universal and is the purest form of spirituality.

The images here are AI generated. They depict GODS of Igbo cosmology. We grew up with demonic and scary images of these gods and ancestors while our kids wish to be like Thor and Aquaman

1 Like

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 5:17am On Oct 13, 2022
Thank you Pacino. May do a series on A few African/Igbo Gods and deities soon.
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 6:21am On Oct 13, 2022
The Laws Of Harmony And Conservatism In African Spirituality.

In the African mindspace, we believe that the human person interacts the physical,the material and spiritual dimensions of his world and that as a matter of fact our world as we know it is divided into 3: ENU UWA(Earth and all its components) ALA MMUO (SPIRIT WORLD or WORLD BENEATH) and ELU IGWE/ORUN which is regarded as the abode of all spirit beings from whence they sometimes sojourn to the Earth as is necessary or as decreed by Olodumare/Chukwu. We also hold the belief that man interacts with them and they in turn also interacts with him, that there is a difference between the physical and the spiritual but that both remains interwoven and connected. This will take us to the 'African philosophy of vital force'- This philosophy is based on observations by our Ancestors that nothing is absolutely useless and that everything both animate and inanimate has a vital force within it which can be active or latent. Hence ,our Ancestors lived in absolute Harmony with every component of their universe and material world.

This very principle is an important eye-opener to those of us in this present day , because in all our civilizations and advancements we seem to be only playing catch up, perhaps it may be time for us to call ourselves and our individual spirits to a meeting to actually find out what civilization means to us a people, Africans and as a Race, for if we keep depending and applying the same tools and methodologies of our colonizers we may never rise. The law of adaptation is something that does not compromise, in nature ,you either adapt or die, what we should do is the exact same thing that the Indians and Asians did, take the technology and then seive through the parts
that can not be adapted given the peculiarities of our society.

I digress, lol, In all our 'civilization/exposure' I am here to let us know that we are only playing catch with the things our Ancestors knew and practiced,this idea of harmony brought about the principle of conservatism and protection of the environment- or the ones that we call environmental laws this days. Our Ancestors first practiced this before the white man came through the protection of our eco system, they did this by passing decrees that certain trees could not be climbed or harvested but must be allowed to shed her fruits by herself , conservation and protection of wild life , making it a taboo for certain animals to be killed or hunted for sport.
Making it a taboo to fetch fingerlings from a river as sport or toy,the consequences were usually dire for whosoever went against this rules.

Traditional African societies had laws of environmental protection that guided against indiscriminate felling of trees,that protected heavy load bearing trees, which were largely instrumental in curbing floods and erosion. This African theories and principles of Conservatism, harmony and inter-relatedness is one that you can never find in any history book because our Invaders needed to justify their invasion, hence they had to paint a picture of a primitive society without any sense of self awareness and knowledge: Hence my Agwu is particularly hell bent on shining the light of truth on all those lies and to write and put it on record for the younger generations after us. This theories have been proven right today,is that not so? Lol our people knew and lived by this knowledge that the mismanagement of the Earth and her resources has consequences.

This brings us to the pratice of conservation of sacred forests,our ancestors in their wisdom sacred forests and grooves for the preservation of plants,trees& wild life,they did this to ensure that both the spirit and physical inhabitants of those places are as undisturbed as possible, Africans were not the only race that practiced this, Indians and Japanese people also did. What our fathers did was to dedicate this forests to specific deities, in order to ensure that human beings won't trespass and to employ such deities to stand guard over those 'reserved areas'. For instance, we have the popular 'osun sacred grove' in oshogbo, we have "offia udike( meaning forest dedicated to Udike deity), we have offia Aro( dedicated to Aro deity in Abatete), then we also had Offia idemmili which was dedicated to idemmili.. I believe that that today's message is Crystal clear abi? E clear abi ,e no clear? Lol .

Afa'm bu Ezenwanyi Ojiugo...
I can be reached at 08163731015
My life's work is to bring light and to bring it in Abundance.

#DaughterofAni
#lightworker

Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 11:09am On Oct 16, 2022
On Dreams as Codes...

Your dreams are the first signs that you have come of age in your spirit, in talking about this we need to understand that 'age ' in this sense does not mean how old you currently are, because a 5year old can have living within them the soul of an 80 year old. Your dreams is your first form of channel of connection to your subconscious or soul. In African Spirituality we believe that man is made up of body and soul,called mmuo na mmadu or 'ara + emi' in Yoruba spirituality. Both parts of you must function in alignment for all to be well with you in your present life.

Also, I have established in a previous post of how we come to have certain spiritual families, ties, egbe and ndi otu, age grades etc, spiritually as we get older,our connections to the other world becomes severed owing to uncleanliness, impurities and commission of certain atrocities,so we are unable to gain access neither are we able to get on the side. What are our Ori/chi and other friendly spirits do is to give us dreams as a means of dropping this physical body which is a kind of burden to them and to gain access to the other realm , to commune, to be guided ,to be taught, to find understanding and peace that may have eluded some in this realm..

That being said, no single individual can dream in the exact same way as another person because our dreams are tied to the specific journeys of our souls and purpose/destiny. Your dreams are a channel of communication that must be protected and kept clear for easy understanding and assistance from your 'egbe orun, Ori or your patron Orisha' to you. It is your first form of self divination,a compass and a message transponder between you and your spiritual power house which are made up of your Chi/Ori,ndi otu/egbe orun etc, this is for some people , they have repetitive dreams. Most times when a dream repeats itself you should regard it as a may day alarm and seek for divination and interpretation in order to tackle whatever problem or issue that may be on the way. It is quite unfortunate that as religious as we seem to be in our time today we are still so out of tune with the spirit of of God that is alive within us,which constantly makes efforts to communicate , guide or warn us of an impending danger or calamity, we still plunge headlong into it. And then we cry out to God that he abandoned us, but that is absolutely untrue.

Various kinds of dream patterns exit, we have locationary dreams, numeral dreams dreams in which you keep seeing a specific number,#Dreams in which you keep encountering particular kinds of animals,all of this dreams have codes, messages and vital information within them but you need to understand the message and utilize the information effectively, so for this particular post, I will interprete just 4 dreams here , based on who comes first the rest can reach me via WhatsApp...

I can be reached on Whatsapp 08163731015(chats only)

#EzenwanyiOjiugo
#DaughterofAni
#Lightworker
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 5:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
Symbols/Their importance In spirituality.

Whether we are aware of it or not,symbols and images are large volumes of words summarized,so also is art, and tech. Symbols,images ,art and tech are those things that naturally emanate out of our group river of consciousness as a people, in West Africa atleast there is a collective regard and respect for the kolanut, this makes it both a social symbol and a spiritual one. Kolanut is used as both a spiritual and social symbol in that for the purpose of events, meetings , gatherings,a kolanut must be presented to officially declare the purpose of the gathering and to pave way for other members of the community to make their contributions or atleast participate in the decision making process. It is also used to call to attention every member of a clan or community,both dead and alive pay attention when the kolanut is used for invocations, declarations,and for making requests and prayers. It is the easiest way to call the attention of your spirit guides, if you have the kolanut in your hand, you can make invoke the help of your Ori/chi, egbe/ndi otu as well, introduce your self and explain what you need their help for.
Let's keep going, As I said earlier that symbols are divided into two,we have the ritual/spiritual symbols and the social symbols ,but some symbols play dual roles, social symbols are used to give expression to the level of emotional and intellectual consciousness of a people,from their social symbols you can learn alot about who they are ,what is important to them as a people, things they hold sacred and alot also about the structure of their society can be revealed through a close study of their symbols,it is an unconscious form of communication that is peculiar to a people because what is symbolic to one society may have no meaning to another society. While the ritualistic symbols has the capability to communicate multiple meanings,this ritualistic symbols tells us about man's effort to elevate and grow his level of consciousness and awareness in order to relate with his world , another symbol is the 'omu' which is the palmfrond, the palm fronds conveys multiple meaning, when it is placed in the mouth it indicates an oath of silence, when it is knotted for spiritual works it is for binding spells , when it is knotted in a different shape it is for judgement, when it is placed on a landmark it is a sign that tells whoever is approaching should proceed with caution, when it is placed on a land it means don't trespass.
Masquerades are also a spiritual and social symbol , they are a symbol that speaks about closeness of man and the spiritual counterparts of their world, representing the circles of reincarnation,cycles of life and that our ancestors remain a part and parcel of the fabrics of our existence. They are also used to chronicle groups and age grades in a society,social functions,social stratas etc. In conclusion, symbols are powerful and be a rallying point for advancement, growth, inventions, symbols are like seeds that take root in our consciousness:arts , symbols and technology are one of the languages of manifestation.

Afa'm bu Ezenwanyi Ojiugo.
I can be reached on Whatsapp @08163731015
#DaughterofAni
#Lightworker.
Re: Odinani And African Spirituality. by Ojiugoanawaluez(f): 2:46am On Nov 02, 2022
Good morning my beautiful people. I have been out of state for 'spiritual works'. And this spirit-craft is very time consuming. Lol. Will be back soon, power-packed..

Let's all stay safe out there..
Ojiugo na agwo ogwu for now.lol.

#Ezenwanyiojiugo

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Your Opinion About Hell? / Exposing The Power Of Marine Spirit In Sexuality / Biblical Archaeology Discoveries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.