Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,463 members, 7,830,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? (1171 Views)

OBJ Offered Us Huge Sum Of Money As Bribe To Abandon Biafra – MASSOB / Fani-Kayode To Sue Lai Mohammed, APC For N5billion (screen Shots) / Aso Rock Earmarks N5billion To Furnish Mrs. Jonathan’s Ngo Hq : As She Sacks Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by babasin(m): 9:31am On Aug 20, 2007
He alleged that Obasanjo, who has now become chairman of the Board of Trustees of the PDP offered him N5 billion in bank draft to support the botched third term agenda, adding that though he rejected the offer, he was smart enough to photocopy the bank draft, which he would expose to the public with the incoming bombshell

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=86822

finally some action:

grin cheesy grin
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by laudate: 11:53am On Aug 20, 2007
I do not believe any part of this story! undecided
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by desgiezd(m): 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2007
Time will tell.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by vigasimple(m): 2:27pm On Aug 20, 2007
I don't know anybody who can take KALU seriously as the man has no credibility and can assure you the photocopy of the Bankers draft will propably be a forgery.

The man in order to travel and escape EFCC and the courts and ultimately justice was alledged to have conspire with someone in the USA to say that his physical presence is required for signature and consent for his wife medical operations which later turn out to be fabrication as confirmed by the hospital management.

I am afraid KALU was alledge to have stolen 3 billion, and if he was offrred 5 billion why would he reject that and steal 3 billion belonging to his state.

Anyway, once the trial start he will have more than ample opportunity to bring more fabricated evidence which he will use in perjurying himself.

Once caugth just say you are being witchunted because you didn't support 3rd term for OBJ which in the end is of NO ISSUE anymore.

YAr Ardua has no benefits in OBJ 3rd term and will see no reason to encourage EFCC to prosecute people who let him get the office.

He KALU will be better be advice by his counsel to be finding way to get mitigation rather than aggravating his situation.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by babasin(m): 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2007
@vigasimple

1. OBJ had N20,000 in 1999. confirmed by Former FCT Minister.

2. OBJ in 2006 farm started to lay golden-eggs

so why is EFCC not asking about this?

why are they always after those that against OBJ?

I pray that KALU will bring forward whatever evidence he has at right time,
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by Mariory(m): 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2007
More stupidity. Will it ever end? The Nigerian gene pool needs to be weeded.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by chidichris(m): 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2007
Vigasimple,
you sound too sure of your position.
so you belong to the school of thought that believe obj is a saint?
so what happened to the evidence atiku brought against obj in the ptdf?
in your write-up you mentioned alleged, so an accused remains innocent till proved otherwise by a law court.
in your world, are you telling us that in the 36 states of nigeria, the only corrupt governors are the 4 so far arrested?
is anyone asking efcc the basis for arresting the governors? maybe according to their crimes or according to who gets what from the fg and the way they spent the funds.
do you know Tony annenih and the federal roads contracts in nigeria? what has efcc or any other body done about it in nigeria. what is 3 billion naira compared to the fg roads contracts given to annenih or since when has the problem of abia state become more important than the problem of nigeria.
alamasaye was arrested for embezzlling the state funds but since his arrest and persecution, what has changed in the state or has the fg stopped allocating funds to the state?
funds were recovered from the late abacha's loot believed to be the only corrupt past president in nigeria and which sector of the economy did the recovered loots changed?
if you do not know Chris Uba and his activities in Anambra, then you stand a better chance to know that o Adedibu and oyo state. which of the two broad day criminals has been condemed by the federal government talkless of punishing them rather they have been crowned for salvaging pdp.
no common man will support the loot by elected officials but what we are saying is what so ever that is good for kalu must be good for yar adua as a governor.
if we still talk about corruption and the war against it, we must start with obj who is the leader and director of corruption in nigeria between 1999 and 2007. nigeria has never seen this kind of horrible movie called april polls as was scripted by OBJ and directed by oscar winning director Prof. Iwu.
if the case of kalu was 3 billion, then he need to be returned because he performed below per compare to his colleagues.
if you are saying the young man is not been targeted, then tell us the story of slok air and related it to those air lines that were allowed in nigeria and how many misharps within the 8 years.
can i let u into the story of borrishade who after messing the education sector as a minister of education was pushed to aviation where he recorded the highest number of air misharps before much preasure from heaven forced them to push him to information and culture.
are we all deaf and dumb? are we all blind? the acquissition of transcrop, Nitel, selling of refinaries, are all the works of a siant.
how many contracts awarded by obj have been reviewed by yar adua? are u aware of the released of the lagos state allocation siezed by saint obj - a way of frustratu\ing Tinubu and have upper hand in lagos when the election come.
we are all waiting for yar adua to make thing right.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by Mamajama(m): 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2007
Why is he waiting till now to say this? when will this people learn to shut up and face the music? EVEN OBJ can not save his behind from the ordeal he is in now
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by presido1: 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2007
The issue with curroption in Nigeria is that for the fact we are fighting it he way EfCC is doing it we will ever remain stagnant as a country. It is not my wish but its the truth. The Touchables and Untouchables. Nigeria is DOOMED.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by PeeDaVinci: 9:07pm On Aug 20, 2007
All I know is that Kalu is a fraudster- given the forgery of hospital documents in order to escape prosecution.
Also, why didnt he say this when he was campaining against either Obj's third term bid, or during the presidential election campaign? he no fit talk say Obj go kill am, impeach am, or , am if he talk am then, why now? Na so he important reach wey Obj go come dey give am 5billion
If Obj give am 5billlion, how much Obj go give senate president & deputy, speaker& deputy, other state governors etc, e mean say Obj spent over a trillion naira for third term bid?
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by simplyme3(f): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2007
moda foking KALU he lieing.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by presido1: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2007
Bottom line is from abuja to sokoto to abia corruption is smelling everywhere.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by vigasimple(m): 10:38pm On Aug 20, 2007
To

Chidichris and BAbasin,

Kalu and the other governors are the starting point.

Kalu will not have been arrested if he has attended EFCC office like other governors.

He would have co-operated with the EFCC if he had nothing to hide.

Infact  the hosiptal saga clearly exposed the kind of person KALU is likely to be, he would in that particular instance have to disprove the prosecution rather the prosecution proving their case if he is found to have lied on oath to go to America? Why would he want to do that if not to escape justice? I like to be corrected if that is a wrong assumption.

On the whole I think the EFCC will end up prosecuting at least half of the former governors, some ministers and local govt Chairmen.

What makes governors more important than others was that they stop their relevant states from developing by taking abroad their Federal allocation.

AS for OBJ, the EFCC has always ask for petition or complaint of his wrong doing so that they can investigate him. In as much that I  don't hold brief for OBJ until someone or group comes out with some concreate evidence, I am afraid all will be speculation.

In my own opinion which is again pure speculation the most corrupt Nigeria Head of State today is IBB, I say it before and I will say it again without evidence you cannot succesfully prosecute him. Chikena

May God bless our great country Nigeria.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by Bruekeleen: 3:09am On Aug 21, 2007
It appears to me that Kalu will release thi so called photocopy of the bank draft/what ever "bombshell" when OBJ don die and unable to defend himself.
Come to think of it, what more bombshell could someone release other than the scud missiles Atiku release about baba. Right now, the only bomshell that my be news wortyhy is how many rounds baba go with women grin
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by babasin(m): 12:14pm On Aug 21, 2007
Kalu and the other governors are the starting point.

ummm,

Baba 70: Election story nko? Obasanjo plan am very well,

thats was 1979; how well it fit 2007.

Nigerians are pack of people with short memory!

grin cheesy grin
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by chidichris(m): 3:04pm On Aug 21, 2007
i am happy here at least i am discussing with people who raise points and counter points.

simple,
tauraki one of the arrested govs told the court that most of the state funds were spent on third term and efcc said is a liar - so who is efcc in the third term programme?

atiku made available several cheques co-signed by obj and what happened?

why are u not asking yourself why atiku is still a free man after confessing to the crimes - baba is involved and no credible court in nigeria can implicate atiku and leaving obj free.

tony annenih has boosted that no put is big enough to cook him in nigeria - yes bcs he knows more than we can imagine.

if petition is the problem, are you saying no nigerian has petitioned baba, annenih, andy and chris uba, Prof Iwu, Bode George, adedibu till date. the truth here is that they are the choosen. pls tell me something about the election of Andy Uba in anambra state or were u not aware of his money laundary case in the usa via presidential jet. it is no speculation as it was treated in a law court there. yet efcc did not find him guilty or illegible for the election.

then how many contracts have been revoked since yar adua came on board? how many were termed illegal?

Ribadu in more than 100 seperate interviews have mentioned it that kalu had privatized abia state. so are u saying he knows more than a petition.

then let us think of the changes in bayesa from when goodluck came on board. anything new? if a new gov is good and never do new things things, what then happens to the state funds.

we were all aware of the pdp presidential convention where odili was asked to step down for yar adua or face efcc. a direct statement from obj. and he further made it clear that the election was going to be a do or die affair.

with the historic election of april, are we saying efcc did not see any reason to querry pdp.

what was the aftermath of 6 electorial machines found in adedibu's house?

the idea of one sided war against corruption in nigeria will be more deadly than leaving all to looth to hell.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by presido1: 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2007
@chidichris
Thanks my brother, you have said it all, sometime i wonder where nigeria is heading to, if at our age some people(our leaders of tomorrow) are still supporting OBJ and the EFCC on their one sided war on corruption. Somebody like Mcren,Mamajama, Danex are still looking for evidence to prosecute OBJ when the evidence is stearing them at the face everyday in Nigeria. The highest incidence is the denial by EfCC that Tuaraki was lying when he testified where he spent the state money. How can EFCC prove that he is lying when they have not even questioned the accused(OBJ). Ok if actually EFCC is correct that means that they(EFCC) know how and where the fund was spent. If the police catch a theif and after interogation the thief named his fellow members is it not left for the police to track and arrest those mentioned during the confession but in this case the opposite became the case. Sometimes last year i was listening to Ribadu interview in BBC(Hard Talk) by one Steve Sarkur or so, the interviewer ask Ribadu more than 3 times if OBJ has a clean bill of health as regards to corruption and on this 3 times he refused to answer. That shows that he himself cannot even defend OBJ in the foriegn press but can do so in Nigerian press where their is no accountabilty and anything can go as far as you belong to the callifate, mafia or the oligachy. What they are doing amounts to Sensible Nonsence and will lead to more heatred in Nigeria if care is not taken.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by omofineboy(m): 7:14pm On Aug 21, 2007
Whether Kalu is a thief or not isnt the issue. Kalu in 1999 was richer than Obasanjo, he said he gave 1m dollars to him for his campaign and most things Kalu said have not been denied by Obasanjo. When they were after him over the foreign account saga, they even took him to Code of conduct Bureau, the only thing Kalu did was to give out an account that was owned by OBJ and they left him alone.

Whatever Kalu says about Obsanjo to me will be a fact and I believe he knows the man more than himself, he once told us that he haas the picture of Ota farm of 1999 and that people should go to Ota farm now and compare. Kalu may be a thief but Obasanjo is a bigger thief. I laughed when people ask of evidences against Obasanjo, The fraud in NNPC when Obasanjo was Minister of Petroleum cum President was unprecedented, he was just looting the treasury until the final whistle on May 29. Dariye once said that the money they accused him of was donated to PDP, They initially denied it until when he threatened to release the payment cheque, this was coroborated when Atiku was defending himself that he is a smaller thief compared to Obasanjo. Turaki has said the same thing. Anyway the Judgement of God is coming upon OBASANJO very soon. we even learnt he went to Redeem Church and he was booed that was how popular a former president is, have you seen his picture on TV recently, you will surely pity him. God will surely punish him.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by ulehj(m): 10:52pm On Aug 21, 2007
Whether KALU is corrupt or not is not the issue,every

Governor in the country including OBJ is corrupt just like Kalu.

the issue is that if OBJ feels the claims were false let him sue

Kalu to exonerate himself.Some of the comments by the OBJ boys

is ridiculous,there is a clear difference btw objective analysis and plain stupidity.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by babasin(m): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2007
It would be a can-of-worms.

My bet, they would not touch Kalu again.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by saintchux(m): 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2007
While I am not supporting corruption, I believe that Kalu may be corrupt but why is it that nobody have deem it necessary to call OBJ to answer question on all these allegation.

1. Gov. Turaki said he used the money for 3rd term.
2. Orji Uzo Kalu said he was bribed with 5B?
3. Dariye said he donated his money to PDP?
When will PDP and OBJ be called to answer question on this. If i accuse someone of a crime, the person suppose to be called to clear himself.

I have to learn that in Nigeria, those is authority use certain things to divert our attention. Ribadu told us that he has prepared a special cell for the ex-governors come may 29 2007.
We were told how Peter Odili embezzled River stat money. how Tinubu operate more than 10 foreign account, how Ibori mismanaged Delta state money, how Goodluck Jonathan's wife was caught with 155million naira, how Dairye squandered plateau state money, how chimaroke owned 172 houses ans so on and so fort.
Now it is only Kalu and three other governors that are been prosecuted. Where are the others.
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by tatajega(m): 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2007
KALU is being accused of stealing 3bn from internally generated state fund, now the big question is HOW MUCH does Abia state internally generate anually, have you ever cared to take note?Well, find out and verify the childs play yourself, this guy is invinsible, i bet you he is already a free man, its only a matter of time,he can back his claims up!!! The fact i that the PDP have seen this man as the most viable Igbo politician emerging in the near future and want to bring him down by all means. NT.(the moment he is found guilty of any of those charges he will be convicted and as an ex convict he can no longer run for any political position in the country) undecided undecided.!!!!think!!!Well i cant wait for the trial to begin because i look forward to seing the bunch of petitioners whom cannot bortress\defend and prove their allegations against this guy, including RIBADU. I bet you they will pay this guy guy a lot by the time he sues for defarmation,
Re: Obj Offered Kalu N5billion? by chidichris(m): 9:30am On Sep 01, 2007
no matter how we look at it, the jokes are nothing to be happy about.
what happened to all the federal contracts and contractor since 1999 till date? how many of our roads were put into place since 1999 yet the administration released their blue print on expenditure over the past eight years including names of roads and projects awarded as contracts yet we are looking for evidence with our roads as death traps. security at its worst. if there is any war against corruption, it will and must start from aso rock.
can someone tell me here the moral justification of obj and yar adua in fighting corruption when their means of selection are all corrupt.
orji uzo kalu and atiku are two men very close to the game of pdp from the unset and have been party to it so efcc shld go ahead and prosecute them as all we ask of them is fair hearing.
by the way, the only federal figure accused so far is a former pdp member and a former vice president and to the glory of EFCC the man is saying, u are right in calling me a criminal but i will link u to bigger criminals so the whole nation is at rest.
where is efcc and atiku's matter? the man who knows the secret places of obj.
it is ridiculous that efcc have decided to be the accused instead of witness in the cases of corruption against atiku and tuaraki who are all saying bring obj and pdp.
if most of these leaders were richer than obj in 1999, how do we expect them to feel seeing obj getting richer than them. the struggle of who loots more will continue.
if i have my way, i will tell ribadu that the whole thing is becoming childish.

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Think Is The Main Problem In Nigeria, And How Can It Be Tackled. / Oil Workers ''May'' Begin Strike Tomorrow. . . . . / Nasir El-rufai Writes Obama On U.s. Terror Watch List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.