Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS (22301 Views)

FG Makes N2tn Taxes From Google, Facebook, Foreign Firms – Punch / FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy / Fact Check: Tinubu Makes Fresh Claim On PVC Expiry Date, Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Itzurboi(m): 9:28am On Sep 30, 2022
If the Govt now plans to accomodate UTAS modifications into IPPIS, then why can't they just allow ASUU use the UTAS then...

2 Likes

Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by GloriousGbola: 9:36am On Sep 30, 2022
kafeii123:

May your gbola remain glorious.... ASUU isn't a union of market pepper sellers.... if the solution they provided was as flimsy and wishy-washy as you claimed.... your FG's agents would have wasted no time in exposing it for the nonesense it would have been.... the current IPPIS has been adjudged to be worse in all of these metrics that you listed and many more ....evn by the Government itself...so this excuse falls flat....

one is the fact that it was FG that mandated ASUU to come up with a better alternative to IPPIS which was done..... second is the fact that it is as far as the constitution is concerned, University payroll and staff management is not the responsibility of the Accountant general's office... it is constitutionally vested on the University governing councils... if you want to change that arrangement. you need to first go to the national assembly to change the edict that supports ASUU's stance. This FG has not done so.... and unless we want to continue supporting impunity... we should not have even allowed this stand in the first place..

The issues that they gave as justification as to why they need to bring up IPPIS have been shown to be worsened now that IPPIS has been deployed. with ippis....university vice chancellors dont know all their staff....they only judge by those they see on ground.... IPPIS staff have been shown to insert the details of their friends sand cronies in the payrolls of government institutions. those folks collect salaries...sometines as professors and c...then share the salary in rations with the ippis staff that ran the racket.... this evidences are already in the public domain..... what would eventually happen will be that 5-01 years down the line.... some mischievous folks will just come out with evidences and claim that thousands or millions of ghost workers were discovered in the university system.... people like you will still be the ones to drag ASUU's name in the mud for it.

You can deploy both platforms alongside within the same time period ... then hack both as you have suggested and see which ones works better than the other.... the already known weak one that fg pays agents almost 15k per staff to run currently ..or the developed one which saves money and can still be run /handled by the staff members currently deployed to run university payrolls in the accountant generals' office...

We all know what this is about.... Soft Alliance is the company running ippis database in lagos...and abuja and is owned majorly by tinubu who himself settles the necessary key government men and politicians. Nobody is even saying to take it away from him....just protect the education sector from the personnel rot that has bastardized the other sectors..simple

last is the fact that ASUU's real bone of contention go far beyond ippis... let FG treat these others...lets see if ASUU will not shift ground...not this shifty attitudes they're playing. It's not their faults.... the average nigerian doesnt deserve good education.

you know IPPIS is just a front end for oracle, right?
you know oracle is deployed across multiple private enterprises worldwide and in nigeria?
IPPIS is used to administr salaries of EVERY OTHER federal civil servant in this country - the military, the police, customers parastatals without any issue.

anyone who has worked in a system that uses oracle will tell you all the stories about IPPIS are wash.

The issues that they gave as justification as to why they need to bring up IPPIS have been shown to be worsened now that IPPIS has been deployed. with ippis....university vice chancellors dont know all their staff....they only judge by those they see on ground.... IPPIS staff have been shown to insert the details of their friends sand cronies in the payrolls of government institutions. those folks collect

where in the world is the oga at the top expected to know ALL the staff of the company?
according to you, IPPIS staff insert the details of their friends and cronies into the system. do you know the difference between this and our regular methods? you cannot erase the record. it is an electronic trail. anyone who actually commits the fraud you are talking about will get caught sooner or later, during audits. this is not a case of burning a records office.

this for me is the real bone of contention.

You can deploy both platforms alongside within the same time period ... then hack both as you have suggested and see which ones works better than the other.... the already known weak one that fg pays agents almost 15k per staff to run currently ..or the developed one which saves money and can still be run /handled by the staff members currently deployed to run university payrolls in the accountant generals' office...

i said something you failed to answer. WHERE WILL THE RECORDS BE HOUSED? who is paying for the infrastructure to host the data?
my former company used oracle as ERP. we had servers in head office. emergency recovery in another site, UPs, dedicated generaor, CRAC air conditioning - what is ASUUs plan for managing all this? or you think UTAS will manage and administer itself? will it be managed by the same lecturers who do not have the discipline or competence to impart knowledge to students ?
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by CzarChris(m): 9:49am On Sep 30, 2022
egunna:
all these noise ASUU is making,once the govt agrees to use IT AS and pay their 7 months backlog,dey will go back to work. it's all about d money, forget matter
Yes this is the truth, but now they've discovered that their services is worth nothing to the country they are slaving for and many who had any form of patriotism(believe me I know academics, over bookuru comes with a lot of illusions grin ) whatsoever believing that things will be better someday are now disillusioned. Japa things on everybody's minds right now. Within the next 6months, the number of professionals that might have left this country might be enough to form a new geopolitical zone. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Bfly: 9:58am On Sep 30, 2022
I'm beginning to assume that the leadership of ASUU is doing this for their own greed and glory.

The people you are fighting for are by now highly frustrated.
ASUU should consider a respite. You are ruining the careers of present students and lecturers.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Wilson500: 9:58am On Sep 30, 2022
This is what will happen:
It will take about 1-2 weeks for the house of rep to present her recommendation to Buhari

The report will then gather dust on his table for about 1-2weeks before he goes through it
As usual he will reject the report and the strike will continue...what do you expect from a jihadist posing as a democratic president

ASUU president as usual will be spitting fire and brimstone on Air against FG....what do you expect from a hungry and angry prof

Ngige as usual will counter him on media with his cooked up lies....fear short people with white goatee

Adamu as usual will be silent and unconcerned about the matter... After all wetin concern aboki and school

After about a month of radio silence, you will get the shock of your life when you read online that the gods of the land have invited ASUU and FG for a reconciliation meeting to put an end to the impasse

You will then come to the conclusion that Nigeria is a man-made disaster waiting to happen

Mad People Everywhere

2 Likes

Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Abrahamweb(m): 10:15am On Sep 30, 2022
Triangles1:
If you think ASUU are fighting for the interest of students you're deceiving your self, the money Jonathan paid during his tenure they should show us what they use it for.

A lecturer can decide to let you graduate or not, lecturer can decide to fail you for no reason and nobody can probe them.

No offense but I don't think that you can reason at all.
Will you fight for the interest of the lecturers?
Or should they perish with hunger because they want to teach, corruption will not allow federal government to switch to utas,they are benefiting somehow from ippis, paying lecturers 40% of salary,if na you,will you accept.
Some people will just listen to politicians without learning the truth.
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Bigchristo: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2022
CzarChris:
I totally disagree with you on this, what ASUU is doing is for the best. IPPIS has been proven over and over again to be a scam. Just last week the FG discovered over 54,000 fake/ghost workers in the system, that's hundreds of millions if not billions of naira in the pockets of a few people monthly. This week alone another 800+ fake workers were discovered in ippis itself. The embattled AGF was discovered to have stolen over 200billion naira, through this same ippis. HABA!!! Who do us this thing for this country? If not for ASUU's insistence and probing would all these loopholes be discovered? The country owes ASUU a debt of gratitude for these discoveries.

On your other point, I don't think you understand the scale at which Nigerian professionals are needed abroad, how did that happen? Did the Nigerian professionals jump out of the sky or where taught by somebody? If someone taught them, then who are those people? I'm even afraid for our university system right now. After the 2020 strike, the country lost over 250 lecturers to other African countries (google this). As at today in the university where I work over 12 lecturers have left the country(a few weeks ago here I said they were 6 o), and these are the ones I know personally, now let's think of what will happen when school resumes, some departments will be almost empty.
A country where our politicians and corrupt civil servants are opening private universities, what do you expect? They just want to destroy public tertiary education the way they did the public primary and secondary schools. Do you know that FG requested to increase school fees to the tune of 500k in public universities and ASUU refused in other to give the children of the poor a fighting chance in this country? And people say ASUU is only fighting for themselves.
Well, let's continue, by the time the best of the best are all gone for the country, then we go dey alright.

For people that will come to mention me and say they should go, so that young graduates can come and take over, I pray that happens. But also know that there's such a thing known as mentorship in the academia, when all your best hands have left the country, and all you have are greenhorns, and behold our tertiary educational system has gone to the gutters. grin
You wasted your time analyzing this things to people who do not want to understand all they know is that ASUU is fighting for themselves and not the universities or students, how on earth will IPPIS handling payment of varsities when they don’t know the amount of staff and lecturers working under the universities that’s where fraud comes in, IPPIS over time has embezzled funds yet the system keep showing their incompetence by daily discoveries of ghost workers, those running this system want a good cut from what government is paying to Universities that’s the truth the IPPIS system of payment should be abolished for incompetence shown so far

1 Like

Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Ayodeoba: 10:16am On Sep 30, 2022
Lovelive:
ASUU please hold the ground very tight. Do not shake by any offer from APC government.

Please hear my plead for the sake of my children and unborn ones.

buhari is almost finishing his tenure,your children may suffer what you support now forever. ASUU are bunch of self centered thieves
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by aestake: 10:23am On Sep 30, 2022
Lovelive:
ASUU please hold the ground very tight. Do not shake by any offer from APC government.

Please hear my plead plea for the sake of my children and unborn ones.

Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by alimiadedayo1: 10:25am On Sep 30, 2022
TheRealMalcolmX:
undecided

It's a big shame that the FG has relegated tertiary education to the background. That's what happens when a jihadist who has no value for education is elected. We must get it right. Resist the inclination to vote for Atiku and his incompetent goat-toothed running mate.
I am sorry for you obi cannot become the president of this country..it is a sorry case for you guys if you like cry cry it will not solve the problem

To be honest, a younger Tinubu would've been a great choice but he can't die and leave us at the mercy of a ruthless boko-haram apologist.

Obi 2023........His running mate should step up and be Yusful". Vote LP.
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by groovie(m): 10:26am On Sep 30, 2022
kafeii123:

May your gbola remain glorious.... ASUU isn't a union of market pepper sellers.... if the solution they provided was as flimsy and wishy-washy as you claimed.... your FG's agents would have wasted no time in exposing it for the nonesense it would have been.... the current IPPIS has been adjudged to be worse in all of these metrics that you listed and many more ....evn by the Government itself...so this excuse falls flat....

one is the fact that it was FG that mandated ASUU to come up with a better alternative to IPPIS which was done..... second is the fact that it is as far as the constitution is concerned, University payroll and staff management is not the responsibility of the Accountant general's office... it is constitutionally vested on the University governing councils... if you want to change that arrangement. you need to first go to the national assembly to change the edict that supports ASUU's stance. This FG has not done so.... and unless we want to continue supporting impunity... we should not have even allowed this stand in the first place..

The issues that they gave as justification as to why they need to bring up IPPIS have been shown to be worsened now that IPPIS has been deployed. with ippis....university vice chancellors dont know all their staff....they only judge by those they see on ground.... IPPIS staff have been shown to insert the details of their friends sand cronies in the payrolls of government institutions. those folks collect salaries...sometines as professors and c...then share the salary in rations with the ippis staff that ran the racket.... this evidences are already in the public domain..... what would eventually happen will be that 5-01 years down the line.... some mischievous folks will just come out with evidences and claim that thousands or millions of ghost workers were discovered in the university system.... people like you will still be the ones to drag ASUU's name in the mud for it.

We all know what this is about.... Soft Alliance is the company running ippis database in lagos...and abuja and is owned majorly by tinubu who himself settles the necessary key government men and politicians. Nobody is even saying to take it away from him....just protect the education sector from the personnel rot that has bastardized the other sectors..simple

last is the fact that ASUU's real bone of contention go far beyond ippis... let FG treat these others...lets see if ASUU will not shift ground...not this shifty attitudes they're playing. It's not their faults.... the average nigerian doesnt deserve good education.

You're smart. Very rare in this forum
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Abrahamweb(m): 10:27am On Sep 30, 2022
GloriousGbola:
ASUU want to be government employees who administer their own payment platform

that is what all this is about

maybe tomorrow the military or maybe TCN will also say they have developed their remuneration solution

a malicious suggestion to the government - give them a three month window where they use UTAS on a trial basis, then hack their nonsense UTAS to smithereens

when you hear them talk about it, you will be ashamed of these so called lecturers. and some claim to be teaching engineering, computer science etal

no plans for hosting the data, no plans for redundancy, no plans for disaster recovery. just empty talk about UTAS which is a undoubtedly frontend for a free remuneration package one of them downloaded off the internet and tweaked
I don't know how some people can be this daft or just wicked because we no know who dey benefit from this ippis,if them pay you 40-50% of your salary monthly, nonsense.
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by alimiadedayo1: 10:35am On Sep 30, 2022
LordLugard1:
. REMEMBER NOT TO VOTE PEOPLE WHO HAD ALREADY SHARE THE NATIONAL CAKE OR DESIGN HOW IT WILL BE SHARED AMONG THEMSELVES WHEN THEY WIN THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION. IMAGIN PDP CHAIRMAN AS SGF, DINO AS NNPC DIRECTOR.

WHICH ONE WILL REMAIN FOR THE MASSES.
you sha hate him who are you campaigning for? is it that man that is about to die or obituary
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by GloriousGbola: 10:43am On Sep 30, 2022
Abrahamweb:

I don't know how some people can be this daft or just wicked because we no know who dey benefit from this ippis,if them pay you 40-50% of your salary monthly, nonsense.

another fking illiterate spotted

it is not surprising that Nigerians will always fall over themselves to reject structured and auditable payment systems.

how else will they be able to steal and enrich themselves?

i can recall two colleagues, who were caught in fraud. the entire extend of their fraud was spooled out in the system.
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by MUTERIKA(m): 10:48am On Sep 30, 2022
kafeii123:

Government officials and appointees are human beings who only man the appointed positions for a brief term... they should not be allowed to make decisions that they themselves will not be around to bear the consequence for...
The minister of education is a journalist.....that of labour is a medical doctor.... none of them have ever worked in a university...so if those who work there now say that the policy they intend to implement is injurious and unworkable...a reasonable government would have listened if it actually had the citizens' interests at heart.

Nigerian academics perform far better outside the country than they are able to do while inside.... this is why those of them who go outside to study become frustrated when they return and are forced to find their way back again after a while. You can only enjoy the Nigerian system if you are lazy and only interested in your salary.

if you really are competent and ready to work...The way Nigeria runs her university system will cause you depression.... I say that because I have more than enough people who have had to run back...for fear that should they stay too long...they will become trapped like their older colleagues and regret their decision for life.

The current people figting the ASUU fight are majorly the elderly mebers... they are not doing it out of mere goodwill...they are doing it because the younger staff members who should ordinarily take over from them as they age on ..while they begin to deal with more weighty issues...those people are refusing to come back... many get abroad and send resignation letters...those who return due to one bond or the other they have signed with the home universities only stay for the number of years they signed for ....and then run back by the time that elapses....
professors aren't supposed to be the ones in lecture theaters teaching undergraduate students... that job should be handled by young doctors while the prof supervises from the backend.. But that's not the case today...because the younger hands are unwilling to bear the sham that we currently run as university system in this country... How can one person be teaching 3-4 courses...to over 70=80 students per semester... just undergraduate alone for instance....and be collecting less than 300k per month...and you expect him to be fine with it... its the professors who were paid partly sensible money in their time... and now only use their salary for just themselves ..as they have already trained their chidren through school....already built their house... and bought their cars....they are the ones who can still "manage" such a shambolic arrangement.... and they are dying in droves from the overwork already.

if we will have to close down the universities for two years-three years to get this right...let us just do it and get over with,,,,
You have made enough sense until you gave your closing remark. So, of what benefit would closing down for two to three years to thousands of undergraduates that will become unsuitable for the labour market? When are we going to talk about that existential phenomenon? Unless you are an ASUU member, this your line of reasoning is not so realistic.
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by MUTERIKA(m): 10:50am On Sep 30, 2022
Zorn:
Are you mad ? How can you say ASUU is becoming. Nuisance when it's clear ASUU has been shortchanged by this present Government by not following up with the implementation of the agreement they made with federal government? How do you feel if your employer keeps violating the contracts terms you had with them. This stupidity is also been introduced into the private sectors courtesy to federal and you're here blaming ASUU for being shortchanged? Don't you know people emulate from the way federal government treats it's employees and do same in the private sectors.
Your opening question says it all. It is futile having a reasonable argument with your likes.
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by MUTERIKA(m): 10:56am On Sep 30, 2022
CzarChris:
I totally disagree with you on this, what ASUU is doing is for the best. IPPIS has been proven over and over again to be a scam. Just last week the FG discovered over 54,000 fake/ghost workers in the system, that's hundreds of millions if not billions of naira in the pockets of a few people monthly. This week alone another 800+ fake workers were discovered in ippis itself. The embattled AGF was discovered to have stolen over 200billion naira, through this same ippis. HABA!!! Who do us this thing for this country? If not for ASUU's insistence and probing would all these loopholes be discovered? The country owes ASUU a debt of gratitude for these discoveries.

On your other point, I don't think you understand the scale at which Nigerian professionals are needed abroad, how did that happen? Did the Nigerian professionals jump out of the sky or where taught by somebody? If someone taught them, then who are those people? I'm even afraid for our university system right now. After the 2020 strike, the country lost over 250 lecturers to other African countries (google this). As at today in the university where I work over 12 lecturers have left the country(a few weeks ago here I said they were 6 o), and these are the ones I know personally, now let's think of what will happen when school resumes, some departments will be almost empty.
A country where our politicians and corrupt civil servants are opening private universities, what do you expect? They just want to destroy public tertiary education the way they did the public primary and secondary schools. Do you know that FG requested to increase school fees to the tune of 500k in public universities and ASUU refused in other to give the children of the poor a fighting chance in this country? And people say ASUU is only fighting for themselves.
Well, let's continue, by the time the best of the best are all gone for the country, then we go dey alright.

For people that will come to mention me and say they should go, so that young graduates can come and take over, I pray that happens. But also know that there's such a thing known as mentorship in the academia, when all your best hands have left the country, and all you have are greenhorns, and behold our tertiary educational system has gone to the gutters. grin
Yes, IPPIS needs to be expunged if possible. It is just sad that culprits sentenced for their crimes are either pardoned or given a mistrial.

On the issue of lecturers leaving, it is bound to be so, it is not entirely about payment so to say. The idea of 'japa' and 'greener pasture' is behind it. So long people working in Oil sectors, banks and other big companies with fantastic pay still relocate, would we say theirs is because of pay?

Relocating has many factors involved.

To cap it, as many as are lecturers that resigned, thousands equally educated and qualified are waiting in line to take up their positions.

I seriously wish both the FG and the Union can reach a compromise on time.

1 Like

Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Selfmotivated: 11:10am On Sep 30, 2022
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/FG-makes-fresh-offer-ASUU-insists-on-UTAS
Nigeria is in a state of anarchy, how can public universities go on strike for more than 6 months and the government barely react to curb it permanently. SPITS...
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by DeGLORIOUS: 11:37am On Sep 30, 2022
Any student that vote for AMOUR PERSONNEL CARRIAR (APC), is an enemy of Nigeria. His brain needs to be critically examined
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by egunna(m): 11:47am On Sep 30, 2022
CzarChris:
Yes this is the truth, but now they've discovered that their services is worth nothing to the country they are slaving for and many who had any form of patriotism(believe me I know academics, over bookuru comes with a lot of illusions grin ) whatsoever believing that things will be better someday are now disillusioned. Japa things on everybody's minds right now. Within the next 6months, the number of professionals that might have left this country might be enough to form a new geopolitical zone. Just saying.
safe journey,dey shud go.but tell Dem not to come back years later and start shouting domination and marginalisation.we will be here to hold the forte.
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Ray02: 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2022
Haywhy3579:

Don’t worry when obi enter he should start paying ASUU any amount they want and whatever they demand at anytime he shld give it to them. The only union that determines the mode their salary shld be paid.u think government is easy abi let him go and run the government that way and let’s see the result. If Assu can get the utas as approved then doctors and nurses will create their own software too and command government like assu to pay them thru the software.
It brings to a question who is in power the president Or Assu. If ur is that easy to succumb to govement workers demand he obi will not owe doctors 9months salary during his regime
But you did not know it was not easy when you wanted to come into power. Abi APC did not tackle previous government on this same thing? Make una dey fear God be you talk nah.
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by alcuin(m): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
The same UTAS they said failed Integrity Tests?

How can employees dictate the pay roll system employers should pay them with?

1 Like

Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Haywhy3579: 12:17pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ray02:

But you did not know it was not easy when you wanted to come into power. Abi APC did not tackle previous government on this same thing? Make una dey fear God be you talk nah.
So obi shld just make mouth to get power too and when he gets there he shld also turn around and tell Nigerians that it is not easy.
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by lereinter(m): 12:25pm On Sep 30, 2022
Stevocalipa:
This is what happen when a President (aged) rules a vast population and he has no 'Foundation of Education' at all... He will not be moved since people aren't agitating on how the grind down each COWS found in the country.
Btw; Imagine Atiku continuing where Mr President stops with the same COW mentality, It will be better if Nigerians start preparing to relocate to the nearest neighboring country. Very funny days ahead my fellow country Men!!!

There's nothing in Atiku that shows cow mentality as you expressed

Stop comparing Atiku Abubakar to buhari

Atiku launched 3 books days ago, Atiku is a founder of industrys and companies

Atiku Abubakar continued education after 2019

Say another thing abeg
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Ray02: 12:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
Haywhy3579:

So obi shld just make mouth to get power too and when he gets there he shld also turn around and tell Nigerians that it is not easy.
Did I say something like that? Just asking if you reasoned with previous government like this?
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by lereinter(m): 12:29pm On Sep 30, 2022
A set of government worker union has designed is payment system for government

Lolzzzzz
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by alimiadedayo1: 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2022
southsouthking:

If our Senator's, ministers and reps could earn 8figure+ then our lecturers and professors deserves 10figure+

I'm fully in support of ASUU
God bless you abundantly
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by ArewaNorth: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
Stevocalipa:
This is what happen when a President (aged) rules a vast population and he has no 'Foundation of Education' at all... He will not be moved since people aren't agitating on how the grind down each COWS found in the country.
Btw; Imagine Atiku continuing where Mr President stops with the same COW mentality, It will be better if Nigerians start preparing to relocate to the nearest neighboring country. Very funny days ahead my fellow country Men!!!

Ethnic bigotry isn't a solution to our problems. Have u suddenly forgotten how we had 2 former Lecturers a PhD holder, GEJ and Umaru Yaradua whose Govt signed the unrealistic agreement with ASUU?
Those same people who are educated and don't have cow mentality failed education woefully.
On the other hand, I heard one former Governor who is contesting for Presidency now, ASUU chapter of his state embarked on about 8 months strike and during his regime he skyrocketed registration fee of his State University, that is someone who passed through school but the school didn't pass through him.
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by s4short: 1:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
kafeii123:

Talking about the constitutionally vested rights of the University council, are you also aware that they are the real employers of ASUU not the FG and as such should be responsible for the payment of salary of their employees?

You can't downplay their role of generating money to pay salaries and then uphold their right to decide how to pay salaries, the two must go together, that is why it is said that "he who pays the piper dictates the tune ".
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by deji17: 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2022
These ASUU guys are crooks. Must you dictate to your employer which payment platform it must use in paying you? If ASUU is not scrapped, in another 100 years, students will still be experiencing ASUU strikes
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Haywhy3579: 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ray02:

Did I say something like that? Just asking if you reasoned with previous government like this?
Even if I don’t reason with the previous government like this but now the eyes are more open and we can’t keep repeating the same mistakes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Adeleke Will Sack Oyetola’s Newly-Employed 12,000 Workers - PDP / Tinubu: I'll Dredge River Niger and develop Baro Port / Samuel Ortom And His Wife, Eunice Ortom Step Out For Tor Tiv Coronation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.