Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,570 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS (22271 Views)

FG Makes N2tn Taxes From Google, Facebook, Foreign Firms – Punch / FG Slams ASUU, Insists On No-Work-No-Pay Policy / Fact Check: Tinubu Makes Fresh Claim On PVC Expiry Date, Is This True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by mysy013(m): 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2022
Am sure the said ATIKU is far more educated and exposed than your father
Stevocalipa:
This is what happen when a President (aged) rules a vast population and he has no 'Foundation of Education' at all... He will not be moved since people aren't agitating on how the grind down each COWS found in the country.
Btw; Imagine Atiku continuing where Mr President stops with the same COW mentality, It will be better if Nigerians start preparing to relocate to the nearest neighboring country. Very funny days ahead my fellow country Men!!!
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Tundex911: 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2022
I guess bat � go pay this ASUU money against next year election

Awon weyrey gbogbo
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Lovelive: 4:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
Many thanks

With love

[quote author=aestake post=117135574][/quote]
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by aestake: 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
holuwajobar:
ASUU is becoming unreasonable.... Yes, I know the FG have their shortcomings, but still yet, they can do better than this
Have you been to any Ghanaian university?
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Lekan239(m): 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2022
OMOJOHN001:
Nice one from Assu.

Federal Government been forming they are broke, But one person can singlehandedly embezzle billion and millions of naira, without any repercussions.
They claim during Election campaign in 2015 and 2019 that they will do everything, Let them face this challenges and Over come it na. ...

thise billons they stole are also budgeted for other popose like the way they budget billons for education every year. The billons dey stole might be money that was budgeted for electricity, roads and other infrastructure. Because they stole those money, that is why Nigeria is a 4th world country that we are today. So the stealing has repercussions.
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by hotseat: 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2022
And the ding dong battle continues!

Who blinks first?

It is in the interest of the FG to accept the UTAS pay platform as demanded by ASUU given the peculiarities of the university system.

All that is needed is careful monitoring and supervision by the relevant authorities.

Enough of this protracted strike already!

Let our universities' gates be flung open!
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by Thomasankara(m): 10:03pm On Sep 30, 2022
[/color]oga ASUU na scam[color=#770077]
CzarChris:
I totally disagree with you on this, what ASUU is doing is for the best. IPPIS has been proven over and over again to be a scam. Just last week the FG discovered over 54,000 fake/ghost workers in the system, that's hundreds of millions if not billions of naira in the pockets of a few people monthly. This week alone another 800+ fake workers were discovered in ippis itself. The embattled AGF was discovered to have stolen over 200billion naira, through this same ippis. HABA!!! Who do us this thing for this country? If not for ASUU's insistence and probing would all these loopholes be discovered? The country owes ASUU a debt of gratitude for these discoveries.

On your other point, I don't think you understand the scale at which Nigerian professionals are needed abroad, how did that happen? Did the Nigerian professionals jump out of the sky or where taught by somebody? If someone taught them, then who are those people? I'm even afraid for our university system right now. After the 2020 strike, the country lost over 250 lecturers to other African countries (google this). As at today in the university where I work over 12 lecturers have left the country(a few weeks ago here I said they were 6 o), and these are the ones I know personally, now let's think of what will happen when school resumes, some departments will be almost empty.
A country where our politicians and corrupt civil servants are opening private universities, what do you expect? They just want to destroy public tertiary education the way they did the public primary and secondary schools. Do you know that FG requested to increase school fees to the tune of 500k in public universities and ASUU refused in other to give the children of the poor a fighting chance in this country? And people say ASUU is only fighting for themselves.
Well, let's continue, by the time the best of the best are all gone for the country, then we go dey alright.

For people that will come to mention me and say they should go, so that young graduates can come and take over, I pray that happens. But also know that there's such a thing known as mentorship in the academia, when all your best hands have left the country, and all you have are greenhorns, and behold our tertiary educational system has gone to the gutters. grin
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by holuwajobar(m): 12:46am On Oct 01, 2022
aestake:

Have you been to any Ghanaian university?
no
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by aestake: 2:57am On Oct 01, 2022
holuwajobar:
no
If you have, not only will govt fund the schools but check on them to ensure they are improved. Shey you know say public primary and secondary education don die, Nigeria airways dead, etc.
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by benheaven(m): 6:54am On Oct 01, 2022
[b][/b]
CzarChris:
I totally disagree with you on this, what ASUU is doing is for the best. IPPIS has been proven over and over again to be a scam. Just last week the FG discovered over 54,000 fake/ghost workers in the system, that's hundreds of millions if not billions of naira in the pockets of a few people monthly. This week alone another 800+ fake workers were discovered in ippis itself. The embattled AGF was discovered to have stolen over 200billion naira, through this same ippis. HABA!!! Who do us this thing for this country? If not for ASUU's insistence and probing would all these loopholes be discovered? The country owes ASUU a debt of gratitude for these discoveries.

On your other point, I don't think you understand the scale at which Nigerian professionals are needed abroad, how did that happen? Did the Nigerian professionals jump out of the sky or where taught by somebody? If someone taught them, then who are those people? I'm even afraid for our university system right now. After the 2020 strike, the country lost over 250 lecturers to other African countries (google this). As at today in the university where I work over 12 lecturers have left the country(a few weeks ago here I said they were 6 o), and these are the ones I know personally, now let's think of what will happen when school resumes, some departments will be almost empty.
A country where our politicians and corrupt civil servants are opening private universities, what do you expect? They just want to destroy public tertiary education the way they did the public primary and secondary schools. Do you know that FG requested to increase school fees to the tune of 500k in public universities and ASUU refused in other to give the children of the poor a fighting chance in this country? And people say ASUU is only fighting for themselves.
Well, let's continue, by the time the best of the best are all gone for the country, then we go dey alright.

For people that will come to mention me and say they should go, so that young graduates can come and take over, I pray that happens. But also know that there's such a thing known as mentorship in the academia, when all your best hands have left the country, and all you have are greenhorns, and behold our tertiary educational system has gone to the gutters. grin
GOD BLESS YOU.
IPPIS IS A FRAUD AND THEY KNOW IT BUT DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT THE TRUTH. MAY GOD DESTROY THEM . DESTROY IPPIS FOR THEIR EVIL.
LET THE ACADEMIA DIRECT THE COUNTY RIGHT. IF FG IS NOT MANAGED WITH COW MENTALITY, LET THEM ALLOW ACADEMIA TO ADVISE THEM. NIGERIA IS GONE..
Re: FG Makes Fresh Offer, ASUU Insists On UTAS by kafeii123: 8:21am On Oct 03, 2022
MUTERIKA:
You have made enough sense until you gave your closing remark. So, of what benefit would closing down for two to three years to thousands of undergraduates that will become unsuitable for the labour market? When are we going to talk about that existential phenomenon? Unless you are an ASUU member, this your line of reasoning is not so realistic.

This fact....is the very one the government doesn't seem interested in solving...

ASUU doesn't embark on a strike... until after at least about 6-7months of warnings...media publications.... and untreated letters to the appropriate agencies of government....

If going on with the strike a while longer will solve the whole matter once and for...then let it continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Participates At APC Presidential Campaign Flag-off In Sokoto / Ambode. Major Road Construction In Kirikiri....pictures. / Nigerians Compare Buhari And Trump's Thoughts On Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.