Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) (26999 Views)

NLC, TUC, Others Hold Solidarity Walk For Fubara In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Northern Youths Mobilize Support For Peter Obi, Embark On Solidarity Walk(photo) / Kano 2 Million Solidarity Walk For Tinubu Committee List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by KingFrank01: 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:
Let's leave the south-west alone. That zone is known to be a no-Go area for others. Asiwaju is having that place lock down already.

I will speak for the North here where i resides. Atiku is even fairly acceptable in some part like adamawa, zamfara, and kano due to shekerau influence.

But you see Obi, truthfully speaking, his candidature is next to non-existent, he is relatively unknown here..

I have been saying it and i am repeating again, you can all bookmark this.. In the entire north, OBI will not have more than 10,000 votes.

Even the North central where they are depending on, have been here all my life. I know the norths central so well. There elections are decided a day to election or on the morning of elections... People are easily bought over here.. I know the north central so well.

I am being truthful today. I left kaduna to vote for Atiku/obi in Nasarawa during the 2019 general election. We came out in mass to vote for Atiku/obi but in Nasarawa state APC flawed other parties, gallantly !. When the votes started trooping in from Nasarawa town where the Nasarawa poly is base, from keffi, from akwanga, from laminga, from Nasarawa Toto and the others where it is predominately Fulani and Nasarawa ebira.. The votes turned its tides and APC won.

Peter is just deceiving himself, it takes more to win an election. And PDP and APC are far ahead.

AND APC WILL WIN THIS ELECTION BY A LANDSLIDE, NOT JUST WITH SMALL MARGIN
In your dreams.

2 Likes

Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Hunkyimage(m): 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2022
N3TRAL:

Go and verify grin

He was sharing PDP Stickers, you this mischievous fellow. angry
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Validated: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Asiwaju Tinubu lokan!

Just to be clear, Asiwaju was my Senator in 1992 but I will only cite few of his stewardship in 2007 as my state Governor I can recall for now. So those I listed below is not exhaustive

As the Executive Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Tinubu recovered what is now called Eko Atlantic from the raging Atlantic ocean Lagos Bar beach coast line flooding (for decades that problem even some of the more developed nations explain away as climate change problems) defied all solutions by FG and the highbrow strategic Victoria Island was deteriorating fast with businesses, embassies, hotels etc exiting VI in droves. During that time, the Atlantic ocean flooding reach the fringes of Ozumba after the flood completely take over Adetokunbo Ademola. Lagos State Government under the brilliant , resourceful and hardworking Asiwaju Tinubu solved that herculean challenge and today, VI is back to its glory.

It was Asiwaju Tinubu that brought back the Lagos Central Business District and Broad street commercial nerve centre of Nigeria back to life after it was abandoned, it's Asiwaju Tinubu who built major roads from Oregun to Lawanson to Igando LASU to as far as Badagry etc.

Asiwaju Tinubu is the one who fixed the horrible waste problem we had in Lagos and that LASTMA and BRT you see were created by Asiwaju. Asiwaju Tinubu was the one who got Lagos State to be part of the owners of Econet and unlike Delta State where the shares were sold and funds pocketed, Lagos State Shares were warehoused with professional investors in the state investment agency called Ibile holdings.

Asiwaju Tinubu increased bursaries to students of Lagos State origin (NULASS) and made public schools free for all Lagosians regardless of your tribe, religion or political party affiliation after his administration had successfully returned missionary schools to their original owners( other states later copied Lagos) . It was during his tenure that Ikeja General Hospital became a teaching Hospital, upgraded most of the clinics to General Hospitals giving free health to the 5 years and below and Lagosians of 65 years and above age group. .

The fund that BRF used to quickly build infrastructures were the LGA funds withheld by Pa Obasanjo and despite that Asiwaju Tinubu never owed salaries.
When the purchase of FG refineries by Alhaji Dangote was cancelled by HE Yardua, Alhaji Aliko Dangote ran to Asiwaju Tinubu after most state governments and governors in the SS gave Dangote a cold shoulder. Today, through the assistance Asiwaju Tinubu gave Aliko Dangote, Dangote Refinery is taking off to help us stop the petrol subsidy killing our naira and public finances.

Asiwaju Tinubu is loyal to those who paid the ultimate price for our democracy and today heroes like Bagauda Kalto, Pa Alfred Rewane, Pa Abraham Adesanya etc are immortalized in Lagos . One of the most memorable achievements of Asiwaju Tinubu for me was helping to stop the blood letting and recurring Hausa-Yoruba/OPC war in Idi Araba and Agege. Those hellish period of unrest defied even the effort of past military state administrators of Lagos but Asiwaju Tinubu was able to solve it.

That Lagos State Government civil service is regarded as the best in Nigeria is due to the hardwork Asiwaju Tinubu did to reform it, created Tutors-Generals offices, improved harmonized pay structure, best pension scheme for civil servants etc.
I can go on and on to educate you on the legacies of Asiwaju Tinubu still standing till today as my reasons for my confidence in Asiwaju Tinubu sir/ma
check my signature for free stuffs!

You just sat down write this nonesense.
Please, what did Tinubu do to stop ocean surge? Which embassy or hotel relocated out of VI Name just one.
Can you show pictures of BRT buses that Tinubu bought? For your information BRT (Babatunde Raji Transit) was renamed Bus Rapid Transit Transit.
Pease, who waa the contractor Tinubu used to build Oregun Road? Which road in Lawanson abi where in Igando? As late as 2009, Iba-Ugabdo road was not paasable. Where did Tinubu build the road from?
All the wirk by Marwa and Fashola are wgat you are listing as Tinubu's achuevement. Obviously, you were not anywhere near Lagos.

Now let me tell you about Tinubu 8 years.
1. Tinubu build 203 signboards across Lagos "This is FG Road, Bear with us"
2. Armed robbery was everyday at 7-Up to Oworo. Robbers wull be smashing car windows one by one wuthout ket or hindrance.
3. Agbero was enthroned acriss all routes.
4. Created LCDA without funding.
5. Under Tinubu, you cannot drive by Narina end by Nitel, because mirtuary cirpses were decaying and smelling up to Shell building.
6. Ajah was a jungle, wuth only Chevron sitting in the jungle
7. Ozumba Mbadiwe and Merchabt Bank of Africa was vacated due to ocean surge. It was FG with Netherlands that built concrete slavs to reduce the surge, nit Tinubu.
8. What is now Kudirat Abiola way was NOT passable. It was akways blocked by vehicles facing each other.
9. Tinubu created Alpa Veta, where you pay your taxes, your tax ckearance certificate does not match what you paud.
10. No husing estate was built by Rinubu. Show me one.
11. No road was constructed by Tinubu. He only resurfaced Rinubu Sq and some streets in Isakeko.
12. Lagos Abeokuta Expressway was blocked at Ishodu. No road there.
So, stop lieing, you were nit in Lagos!

2 Likes

Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by pacificom: 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:
Let's leave the south-west alone. That zone is known to be a no-Go area for others. Asiwaju is having that place lock down already.

I will speak for the North here where i resides. Atiku is even fairly acceptable in some part like adamawa, zamfara, and kano due to shekerau influence.

But you see Obi, truthfully speaking, his candidature is next to non-existent, he is relatively unknown here..

I have been saying it and i am repeating again, you can all bookmark this.. In the entire north, OBI will not have more than 10,000 votes.

Even the North central where they are depending on, have been here all my life. I know the norths central so well. There elections are decided a day to election or on the morning of elections... People are easily bought over here.. I know the north central so well.

I am being truthful today. I left kaduna to vote for Atiku/obi in Nasarawa during the 2019 general election. We came out in mass to vote for Atiku/obi but in Nasarawa state APC flawed other parties, gallantly !. When the votes started trooping in from Nasarawa town where the Nasarawa poly is base, from keffi, from akwanga, from laminga, from Nasarawa Toto and the others where it is predominately Fulani and Nasarawa ebira.. The votes turned its tides and APC won.

Peter is just deceiving himself, it takes more to win an election. And PDP and APC are far ahead.

Tinubu's popularity may be well sinking in Lagos, Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti. But he will have to struggle to take a bite of the cake in other states. Atiku look like a better candidate to have a landmark win in the whole North, Oyo, Osun and then pick his coins all round the other states to have a bountiful win.
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by ipobarethieves: 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
Foreseer:
we are waiting for your paymaster to come embarras himself
show me where I campaign fir anybody and I'll give u 50k sharp for ur stress. Oya,!
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Pakute: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
faithfull18:
Some people never get tired of suffering.
Hold your lazy father responsible for your suffering, Asinwin omo.

Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2022
blamingthedevil:
Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFSVZtdxWIM

APC Lule
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by nedekid: 12:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
This is the class of people he refers to in his speeches.
To him, it is either you are in the upper class or your are this lot. All they need to be contented is cassava, garri, ewa, agbado, dodooo and other farm produce. According to him, they do not travel so the price of pounds or dollar does not affect them, hence his call for cbn to print more paper money grin
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Kingozymandias(m): 12:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:

Lol. I was born in the south-west.
It is funny having zombideint from far away afghanEASTERN trying to school me on happening in my place of origin

OMG
Dude you talk too much... undecided

Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by wasuka14(m): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2022
QozzyBrown:
Na for this coming election I go know if Nigeria Youths dey serious or not.

Am not expecting him(P. O) to win though, because let's not deceive ourselves, there's more to winning election than all this social media brouhaha.

But I will begin to take Nigerian Youths serious if he manage to get a million votes.(I pray though).

P. S
Vote for liberation
Vote for justice

If you really want to take this country back from these old, currupt Crooks, then

Vote OMOYELE SOWORE.

He is the man for the job.

Are you referring to ipob youth?? We are the authentic voting youth that will elect ASIWAJU as our next President with God help.

1 Like

Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by lhordspy: 12:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
pacificom:

Tinubu's popularity may be well sinking in Lagos, Ogun, Ondo and Ekiti. But he will have to struggle to take a bite of the cake in other states. Atiku look like a better candidate to have a landmark win in the whole North, Oyo, Osun and then pick his coins all round the other states to have a bountiful win.

A very wrong assertion sir, you mentioned ogun, ondo ,and ekiti.. Those states you mentioned will give Tinubu more votes than Lagos.
Forget, the social media analyses from the Uninformed and amateur political persons. I am from the west, i hail from the west even though i base in the North. Sir, Tinubu will have over 70% of the votes in the entire south-west.

I know you may be using, osun state last election as your yardstick, the truth is that Oyetola wasnt loved by his people, even the last election that made him the governor, he lost if not for some wuru wuru done by APC as at the time for him... The popularity of Adeleke is massive, he is the people's choice. But still yet the difference of the votes is not even upto 100,000 voters APC still managed to savage atleast 300+votes, that is the structure we are talking about.

And coming to Lagos, Lagos as over 7million+ voters for the first time, what does that implies, is that a coincidence that Tinubu is contesting and Lagos is having over 7million voters? .. My brother, Out of that figure, tinubu will poll more than 5million votes. You can bookmark this..

The only place shaky is oyo state, but with the infighting of PDP members in oyo state, the votes are up for grabs there, either APC and PDP due to structures in place. But never ever Labour party, what is even labour party in oyo state? Who is obi?

1 Like

Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Indispensable85(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2022
Zombedients oya donate your tears here.
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Kingozymandias(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:

A very wrong assertion sir, you mentioned ogun, ondo ,and ekiti.. Those states you mentioned will give Tinubu more votes than Lagos.
Forget, the social media analyses from the Uninformed and amateur political persons. I am from the west, i hail from the west even though i base in the North. Sir, Tinubu will have over 70% of the votes in the entire south-west.

I know you may be using, osun state last election as your yardstick, the truth is that Oyetola wasnt loved by his people, even the last election that made him the governor, he lost if not for some wuru wuru done by APC as at the time for him... The popularity of Adeleke is massive, he is the people's choice. But still yet the difference of the votes is not even upto 100,000 voters APC still managed to savage atleast 300+votes, that is the structure we are talking about.

And coming to Lagos, Lagos as over 7million+ voters for the first time, what does that implies, is that a coincidence that Tinubu is contesting and Lagos is having over 7million voters? .. My brother, Out of that figure, tinubu will poll more than 5million votes. You can bookmark this..

The only place shaky is oyo state, but with the infighting of PDP members in oyo state, the votes are up for grabs there, either APC and PDP due to structures in place. But never ever Labour party, what is even labour party in oyo state? Who is obi?

Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Gohs: 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2022
There are millions of people on ground waiting for February 2023 to vote for Peter Obi. . .

You can also JOIN US. . .

Let's vote Peter Obi for improved agriculture nationwide!!
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by QozzyBrown: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2022
wasuka14:

Are you referring to ipob youth?? We are the authentic voting youth that will elect ASIWAJU as our next President with God help.

And you will continue the hardship from where Buhari stop
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Belluski: 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2022
Very commendable, good move apc, this are the things i want to see.
Key note :
they were mobilized by the governor of the state, probably paid for the walk. And if they were paid.. thats a small group coming from the governors table.. he needs to do better

Pdp: we are waiting for una oooo...
LP: still leading the race
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by igbowoman: 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2022
So yoruba women are this stoopid?
Mothers reasoning and speaking like kindergarten kids.
Tufiakwa
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by baretalk: 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2022
Tinubu the philanthropist, the man of the people. Only Biafrans the born haters, anarchists and hoodlums abuse Tinubu, he only helped people and developed the richest city we have in Nigeria.
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by TrumpDonald2: 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:

Keep deceiving yourself with the rubbish you posted there.
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by faithfull18(f): 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2022
Pakute:

Hold my lazy father responsible for my suffering, Asinwin omo ni mi.
That's right, ediot child with no home training
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Gallistotle1: 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2022
ipobarethieves:
cool .OK.We are waiting for OBIDIENT rally tomorrow @Plaza cool.I wan check something wink lipsrsealed cool
me tooooooooo
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Pakute: 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
igbowoman:
So yoruba women are this stoopid?
Mothers reasoning and speaking like kindergarten kids.
Tufiakwa
Your mothers are hungry hóes

Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Demolaemperor00: 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Asiwaju Tinubu lokan!

Just to be clear, Asiwaju was my Senator in 1992 but I will only cite few of his stewardship in 2007 as my state Governor I can recall for now. So those I listed below is not exhaustive

As the Executive Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Tinubu recovered what is now called Eko Atlantic from the raging Atlantic ocean Lagos Bar beach coast line flooding (for decades that problem even some of the more developed nations explain away as climate change problems) defied all solutions by FG and the highbrow strategic Victoria Island was deteriorating fast with businesses, embassies, hotels etc exiting VI in droves. During that time, the Atlantic ocean flooding reach the fringes of Ozumba after the flood completely take over Adetokunbo Ademola. Lagos State Government under the brilliant , resourceful and hardworking Asiwaju Tinubu solved that herculean challenge and today, VI is back to its glory.

It was Asiwaju Tinubu that brought back the Lagos Central Business District and Broad street commercial nerve centre of Nigeria back to life after it was abandoned, it's Asiwaju Tinubu who built major roads from Oregun to Lawanson to Igando LASU to as far as Badagry etc.

Asiwaju Tinubu is the one who fixed the horrible waste problem we had in Lagos and that LASTMA and BRT you see were created by Asiwaju. Asiwaju Tinubu was the one who got Lagos State to be part of the owners of Econet and unlike Delta State where the shares were sold and funds pocketed, Lagos State Shares were warehoused with professional investors in the state investment agency called Ibile holdings.

Asiwaju Tinubu increased bursaries to students of Lagos State origin (NULASS) and made public schools free for all Lagosians regardless of your tribe, religion or political party affiliation after his administration had successfully returned missionary schools to their original owners( other states later copied Lagos) . It was during his tenure that Ikeja General Hospital became a teaching Hospital, upgraded most of the clinics to General Hospitals giving free health to the 5 years and below and Lagosians of 65 years and above age group. .

The fund that BRF used to quickly build infrastructures were the LGA funds withheld by Pa Obasanjo and despite that Asiwaju Tinubu never owed salaries.
When the purchase of FG refineries by Alhaji Dangote was cancelled by HE Yardua, Alhaji Aliko Dangote ran to Asiwaju Tinubu after most state governments and governors in the SS gave Dangote a cold shoulder. Today, through the assistance Asiwaju Tinubu gave Aliko Dangote, Dangote Refinery is taking off to help us stop the petrol subsidy killing our naira and public finances.

Asiwaju Tinubu is loyal to those who paid the ultimate price for our democracy and today heroes like Bagauda Kalto, Pa Alfred Rewane, Pa Abraham Adesanya etc are immortalized in Lagos . One of the most memorable achievements of Asiwaju Tinubu for me was helping to stop the blood letting and recurring Hausa-Yoruba/OPC war in Idi Araba and Agege. Those hellish period of unrest defied even the effort of past military state administrators of Lagos but Asiwaju Tinubu was able to solve it.

That Lagos State Government civil service is regarded as the best in Nigeria is due to the hardwork Asiwaju Tinubu did to reform it, created Tutors-Generals offices, improved harmonized pay structure, best pension scheme for civil servants etc.
I can go on and on to educate you on the legacies of Asiwaju Tinubu still standing till today as my reasons for my confidence in Asiwaju Tinubu sir/ma
Opor is plenty

1 Like

Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Tinubuadvocate: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2022
God bless you comrade.
FreeStuffsNG:
Asiwaju Tinubu lokan!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Unrated900(m): 1:09pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ogun women are already getting batified
Soonest the whole country would Be batified.
Jagaban on your mandate
The whole nation stands gidigba
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Greenback: 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:

Since you are so confident,why are disturbing us everyday with your Obi this, Obi that rants everyday?!!
Why are you having headaches over Obi everyday?
You people say Obi doesn't have structure yet everyday you and your fellows litter this forum with Obi this, Obi that rants,Una nor dey she?!
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Mummiesboy: 1:30pm On Sep 30, 2022
Just about one hundred and three women only.
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Pakute: 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2022
faithfull18:
That's right, ediot child with no home training
You're pained i threw stones at your father's balls, eleribu.
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Flows001(m): 1:44pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:

Speak for your community..
I'm from Nasarawa, and all you Agbadorians will be disappointed big time next year.
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Electorate: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Asiwaju Tinubu lokan!

PETER OBI QUALIFICATIONS

NAME : Mr. Peter Gregory OBI, (CON)

DATE OF BIRTH : 19th July 1961

PLACE OF BIRTH: Onitsha, Nigeria

NATIONALITY: Nigerian

MARITAL STATUS: Married with two children

EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED

· Christ the King College, Onitsha (W.A.S.C.)

. University of Nigeria, Nsukka (B.A. Philosophy)

· Lagos Business School, Nigeria (Chief Executive Program)

· Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Mid to Mid Marketing)

· Harvard Business School, Boston, U.S.A. (Changing the Game)

· London School of Economics (Financial Mgmt/Business Policy)

· Columbia Business School, New York, U.S.A. (Marketing Mgmt )

· Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Senior Executive Program)

· Institute for Management Development, Switzerland (Break-Through Program for CEOs)

· Kellogg Graduate School of Management, U.S.A. (Advanced Executive Program)

· Kellogg School of Management U.S.A. (Global Advanced Mgmt Program)

. Oxford University: Said Business School, (Advanced Mgmt& Leadership Program)

. Cambridge University: George Business School (Advanced Leadership Program)

PREVIOUS POSITIONS

· Governor, Anambra State of Nigeria (2006-2014)

· Honorary Special Adviser to the President on Finance (till May, 2015)

· Member, Presidential Economic Management Team (till May, 2015)

· Vice-Chairman, Nigeria Governors’ Forum (2008-2014)

· Chairman, South-East Governors’ Forum (2006-2014)

. Former Chairman: Board of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)

· Former Chairman: Fidelity Bank Plc.

· Former Chairman: Guardian Express Mortgage Bank, Ltd.

· Former Chairman: Future Views Securities, Ltd.

· Former Chairman: Paymaster Nigeria Plc.

· Former Chairman: Next International (Nigeria) Ltd

· Former Director: Guardian Express Bank Plc.

· Former Director: Chams Nigeria Plc.

· Former Director: Emerging Capital Ltd

· Former Director: Card Centre Plc

MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS/ORGANIZATIONS

· Member, Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NESG)

· Member, Nigerian Chartered Institute of Bankers

· Member, British Institute of Directors (IOD)

MEMBERSHIP OF FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COMMITTEES

In my capacity as the Governor of Anambra State, I served as a member of:

*Federal Government Committee on Minimum Wage

*Federal Government Committee on Negotiation with Labour on Subsidy

*Federal Government Committee on Mass Transit

*Federal Government Committee on Natural Resource

*National Economic Council Committee on Power Sector Reform

*National Economic Council Committee on Sharing of MDGs Funds

*National Economic Council Committee on Accurate Data on Nigeria’s Oil Import and Export

*Agricultural Transformation Implementation Council

*Sub-Committee on Needs Analysis of Public Universities in Nigeria

*National Economic Council Review Committee on the Power Sector

AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS

2015: Golden Jubilee Award from Catholic Diocese of Onitsha for outstanding contribution to quality healthcare delivery in St. Charles Borromeo Hospital in particular and Anambra State in general, on the occasion of the Golden Jubilee celebration of the hospital.

*2014: Nigerian Library Association Golden Merit Award for remarkable improvement of libraries in Anambra State, exemplified by our Government's construction of the Kenneth Dike Digital State Library, remarkable upgrade of the Onitsha Divisional Library, and provision of library facilities in secondary schools across the State.

*2014: Champion Newspaper Most Outstanding Igbo Man of the Decade.

* 2014 The Voice Newspaper (Holand) Achievers Award for Outstanding Example in Leadership and Governance.

*2013: Silver Bird Man of the Year (with Governor BabatundeFashola of Lagos State).

*2012: Business Hallmark Newspaper Man of the Year.

*2012: The Golden Award on Prudence – by the Methodist Church of Nigeria as the Most
Financially Prudent Governor in Nigeria.

* 2012: Leadership and Good Governance Award by The Ezeife Leadership Foundation Award for restoring peace and harmony to Anambra State.

* 2012: Best Performing Governor on Immunization in South-East Nigeria – by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

* 2012: Outstanding Financial Planner and Manager – by the Church of Nigeria, Anglican Communion for my resourcefulness and creativity in governance.

*2011: Zik Leadership Prize.

*2010: ICT Governor of the Year – by the West Africa ICT Development Award.

*2009: Champion Newspaper Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Governor Award.

*2009: Thisday Newspaper Most Prudent Governor in Nigeria.

*2007: The Sun Newspaper Man of the Year Award.

**The Nigerian MDGs Office/UNDP Best Governor in the Implementation of the MDGs in Nigeria

INTRODUCTION OF CONSTITUTIONAL AND OTHER MAJOR CHANGES IN NIGERIAN POLITICS

*He was the first gubernatorial candidate in Nigeria to legally challenge to its logical conclusion, his governorship electoral victory that was denied him. He won in the Courts and reclaimed his mandate.

*He was the first Governor in Nigeria to legally challenge his wrongful impeachment and was reinstated by the Courts.

*He was the first Governor in Nigeria to seek the interpretation of tenures of Governors when INEC allowed elections to take place in Anambra State when his tenure had not expired; the election already concluded was cancelled and he was allowed to complete his tenure.

*He was the first Governor to serve a 2nd term in both the new and old Anambra State, that is, almost 40 years after creation of the State.

*He was the first Governor, whilst still in Office, to be appointed a Special Adviser to the President.

*He was the first serving Governor to be appointed into the Presidential Economic Management Team.

*He was among the first Governors to be honoured with a National Award in 2011, while still in office.

*Though the only Governor whose political party was in government in only one State, he was elected Vice-Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum twice.

*Though the only non-PDP Governor in the South-East (made up of 5 States), he was elected by the other 4 PDP Governors as their Chairman for 8 years rather than the usual one year.

FUNDAMENTAL ACHIEVEMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF ANAMBRA STATE (PARTIAL LISTING)

1. Anambra was the first State to commence Sub-Sovereign Wealth savings, the first of its kind in Sub-Saharan Africa. At a time many other Governors were leaving huge debts, I left the equivalent of $500 million Dollars in investment as well as local and foreign currency, including $156 million in Dollar-denominated bonds.

2. For the first time in the history of Anambra State, Ambassadors and High Commissioners of notable countries such as United States, Britain, Russia, European Union, South Africa, Belgium, Israel, the Netherlands, Canada, among others, visited the State. Before my tenure, Anambra was practically a pariah state blacklisted by the Diplomatic Corps and international development partners.

3. Development partners such as UNDP, UNICEF, the World Bank, DFID, the European Union etc., which hitherto were not in Anambra State started working with the State. Anambra was consistently adjudged one of the best states in development partnership and commitment to reforms for good governance.

4. He was recognised as Best Governor by the Millennium Development Goals Office (OSSAP-MDGs) and the UNDP in the implementation of their programmes in Nigeria.

5. The Nigerian Debt Management Office (DMO) rated Anambra as the least indebted state in Nigeria. In spite of visible and measurable achievements recorded in various sectors, the State under him did not borrow or raise bonds for her various projects.

6. The Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria rated Anambra State as the most financially stable state in the country.

7. The State's ground-breaking return of schools to their original owners - Voluntary Agencies (Churches) on 1st January 2009, and subsequent partnership with the Agencies in Education, saw the State move from 24th position out of 36 States to Number One in National Examination Council (NECO) and West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations for three consecutive years. This made the World Bank to commission a study, led by the renowned Prof. Paul Collier of Oxford University, on this revolutionary partnership and phenomenal achievement.

8. The State also entered into strategic partnership with the Churches in the Health sector. This symbiotic relationship resulted in a tremendous boost to health care because of the services offered by health institutions owned by Voluntary Agencies, while the State restored grants to the agencies and made available to them more than 50 million Dollars in various types of support.

10. Through partnership with the Church in the Health sector, his Government funded the transformation of -:

a: Iyienu Hospital, Ogidi;
b: Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Ihiala;
c: St Charles Borromeo Hospital, Onitsha;
d: Holy Rosary Hospital, Waterside, Onitsha; and
e: St. Joseph Hospital, Adazi-Nnukwu.
His Government also built the Joseph Nwilo Heart Centre in St. Joseph, Adazi-Nnukwu, where heart operations are now being performed.

11. His Government won the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (1 Million dollars) as the best-performing state in immunisation in the South-East. With complementary funding from our Government, they used the money to build 10 Maternal and Child Care Centres across the State, particularly in rural communities, in partnership with the Churches.

12. The State was the first to procure and distribute more than 30,000 computers to secondary schools, including 22,500 from HP. The Managing Director for Personal Systems Group HP Inc, Mr. FabriceCampoy described the deployment as the biggest of such projects in the Middle-East and Africa.

13. Anambra State Government provided Microsoft Academies to more than 500 secondary schools, which the Head of Microsoft in Nigeria (Mr. Ken Span) described as the biggest such deployment in Africa so far.

14. The State provided Internet access to more than 500 secondary schools, which the CEO of Galaxy Backbone (Mr. Gerald Ilukwe) characterized as incomparable to any in the country.

15. More than 700 buses were provided to secondary schools in the State by our Government.

16. Boreholes were provided in schools all over the State.

17. Numerous classrooms were built in all the 177 communities of the State.

18 As part of the efforts to turn around the economy of the State, a number of companies were attracted to build their facilities in the Anambra State. A case in point is SABMiller, the 2nd largest brewery in the world, which built their first Green Field facility in the State, which is today one of the most successful facilities they operate globally.

19. A number of other companies followed the SABMiller initiative and were all supported and encouraged under our Government; a good example is INNOSON Motor Manufacturing Company, from which our government bought more than 1,000 vehicles.

20. Anambra State for the first time started close collaboration with recognized government security agencies (the Police, Army, Navy, Department of State Security, Civil Defence, among others), offering them various types of support including provision of more than 500 security vehicles. The improvement in security was phenomenal, such that the former IG of Police (Abubakar Mohammed) lauded Anambra State for not witnessing any bank robbery in my last three years in office.

21. To further enhance security, Anambra State provided at least one security vehicle to each of all the 177 communities in the State as well as various organizations such as markets and Churches.

22. His Administration conceived and built, from scratch, the first state-owned Teaching Hospital, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu teaching Hospital, Awka.

23. His Government commenced the planned development of the Igbariam Campus of the ChukwuemekaOdumegwu-Ojukwu University, including the fencing, construction of internal roads, electrification, construction of the Faculty of Law, Auditorium, Administrative Block, Faculty of Agriculture, Management Building, among others).

24. His Government attracted the World Bank support on erosion - National Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) - to Anambra State.

25. His Government was the first to do Poverty Mapping in Nigeria, as a guide for the effective implementation of our poverty-alleviation strategies.

26 His Government, for the first time, undertook the aerial mapping of Awka as well as the production of Structure Plans for Awka Capital Territory, Onitsha and Nnewi.

27. During his tenure and with his Government's support, Anambra State became an oil producing State.

28. He built the first Secretariat Complex to house State Government Ministries that were hitherto scattered around the State.

29. His government commenced the development of the 'Three Arms Zone' comprising Government House/Governor’s Lodge, Legislative Building/Speakers Residence, and Judiciary Building with Chief Judge’s Residence.

30. By the end of his tenure in 2014, more than twelve (12) health institutions, including two hospitals, had secured accreditation; when we took off in 2006, no health institution in Anambra State was duly accredited.

31. Anambra State was the first to undergo national peer review, which scrutinised State Governments for good governance, through the State Peer Review Mechanism (SPRM), an initiative of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum in collaboration with the DFID.
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Greatkenny2: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:

Lmao.. are you not the fool that vowed to kill his wife if she votes for Obi? Obi is not known in the north but your wife knows him? I guess you have brain damage from hitting your head repeatedly on the floor
Re: Women Hold Solidarity Walk For Tinubu In Abeokuta (Video) by Offpointng: 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2022
lhordspy:

Lol. I was born in the south-west.
It is funny having zombideint from far away afghanEASTERN trying to school me on happening in my place of origin

So all Obi supporters are now south easterners?? so there's no single Obi supporter in the SW again?? I hope you'll agree with me if I call you a First class mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria / Boko Haram Broken Into Factions- Top Nigerian analyst (PHOTO) (SOURCE) / Buhari Will Regret If Jonathan, Patience, Tompolo Are Ridiculed – Militants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.