Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,231 members, 7,815,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology (36543 Views)

Ex-Imo Governor, Emeka Ihedioha Resigns From PDP / Ihedioha: PDP Is The Only Alternative, Anybody Standing Elsewhere Is A Saboteur / Emeka Ihedioha Kneels Down To Greet Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Obisbetter: 1:43pm On Sep 30, 2022
Hon Emeka Ihedioha has Tendered an apology over his comment that any Igbo that won't vote Atiku is. Saboteur.

Ihedioha who has come under intense Criticism over this comment has tender an apology while granting an interview on Channels .

Watch the Video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfwpXwVbqQc

Ihedioha Clarifies ‘Saboteur’ Comment On Obi Supporters, Tenders Apology

Aformer Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives Emeka Ihedioha has clarified a comment wherein he reportedly called supporters of Labour Party (LP)’s Peter Obi saboteurs. He also apologised for the development.

The comment he made at a new yam festival by an Igbo community in Accra, Ghana where he allegedly claimed Obi’s supporters are saboteurs had attracted criticism.

But speaking on Friday, the former Imo State governor said he is friends with the Anambra-born politician and as such could not have made the remark.

“That cannot be me. It is far from the truth and not in my character. I believe even in dissent from within my immediate nuclear family,” Ihedioha said on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily.

My position was very simple. I was speaking to our people – I am an Mbaise man – and the PDP has been faithful to us and has given us support; the opportunity to produce a governor in our state. I said to them, we have an opportunity and I called that they should not sabotage our efforts to reclaim power. That was it and the context.”

'Blown Out Of Proportion’

He faulted those criticising his comment, saying they do not understand the context in which the remark was made.

“If you do watch the tape, you will find the context,” Ihedioha added. “It is certainly blown out of proportion.”

The PDP chieftain, however, apologised to those who may have been hurt by his statement, maintaining that he respects people’s choices, especially in politics.

So, to all those – millions of Nigerians particularly of southeast extraction – who are hurt by my use of language, I am deeply sorry about it,” he said.

I do not mean to hurt anybody and they have a right to express their political opinions in any way, form, or shape. I have lots of my friends who belong to other political parties and we still relate.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2022/09/30/that-cant-be-me-ihedioha-clarifies-claim-he-called-obi-supporters-saboteurs/amp/

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Abfinest007(m): 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2022
Medicine after death

278 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Jostoman: 1:53pm On Sep 30, 2022
Apology accepted, Uzodinma wants to create issues where there is none.

107 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Tinububalls: 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2022
In Igboland, the masses are suppose to shape the leaders for them to be upright but nowadays, injustice thrives because of Federal might.

108 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by fourboys: 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
Idiot

15 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Obisbetter: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2022
Tinububalls:
In Igboland, the masses are suppose to shape the leaders for them to be upright but nowadays, injustice thrives because of Federal might.

Igbos are the only ones that call off the bluff of their leaders and hold them accountable.

Igbos will criticise their leaders for any slightest misdemeanor .

Look at how they threw Ekweremadu under the bus.

But that can't be said about Yorubas who are even riding Tinubu to become the president despite the atrocities he has committed

446 Likes 40 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Nationalpikin: 2:32pm On Sep 30, 2022
You ve lost my our vote. Keep praising atiku

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Nwaotu10(m): 2:35pm On Sep 30, 2022
Sorry, sir. I have lost faith in you. Glad the supreme court showed you shege grin grin

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Corridon: 2:37pm On Sep 30, 2022
Fool. No wonder Uzodimma outsmarted him.

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by mrvitalis(m): 2:38pm On Sep 30, 2022
Bros be careful ... Atiku is your boss we know ...but use your head ooh ...use your head ooh ...u know Igbo people once we cancel someone no going back

281 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by FactBoyz: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
sad
Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Faber(m): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
We talk am here say Mbaise people no get the sense they claim they get. They always make a fool of themselves.

This same Ihedioha was sponsored by Prince Arthur Eze, who donated 1.4 billion to help him defeat Rochas and his inlaw. I am quoting verified sources close to Arthur Eze. 24hrs after he was declared governor he can be seen with Arthur Eze , in his home in Ukpo, Anambra State (pics below).

Peter Obi also campaigned for him in Owerri and he won (pics below)

Now he is proving an ingrate. Don't blame or question God when some misfortunes befall some people. This man would have been a stumbling block to Peter Obi winning Imo State, had it been he was not removed by Supreme Court. We thank Tanko and the the Supreme Court for their Imo State magic.

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Opinedecandid(m): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
Apology accepted

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by havenz(m): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
After the damage, nonsense and ingredient Go and apologize to your God we don't need it.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Soulsymbol99: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
No wonder he was very careful with his answers on channels this morning grin

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Cj4charles(m): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
angry

1 Like

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by NotBeenPaid: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
Tinububalls:

There are only just two zones that holds their leaders to account even though they still Underperform which are the SS & SE. We criticize our leaders without bias.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Kingozymandias(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2022
To err is human to forgive is divine .

I support Obi you support Tinubu or Atiku . I respect your decision to support whom ever and sincerely wish your candidate the best as I support Obi and expect you to respect my choice and wish him the best too.

The fact we all support different candidates doesn't mean we should hate each other or be enemies that doesn't make any sense.

All the best to the 3 candidates and I stan Peter Obi.

Obidatti 2023

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Phygo(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2022
Great men take responsible for their actions and inactions.

Hope Uzodimma shop borrow a leaf by rendering an apology and resigning. He will be remembered.

Buy e no possible

6 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Pwettylinda(f): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2022
grin

2 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Kingozymandias(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2022
angry
Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by nkemoma(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2022
Idiotic fool

6 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Newyorkitis(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2022
We should all be careful with our statements in public.

10 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Kingspin(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
You are a selfish politician that's why you call your people saboteurs.

9 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by FalseProphet1(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
The only way we would forgive you is if you come out publicly and endorse Peter Obi.

This I have seen.

42 Likes

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Ekejoestar(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
This one wouldn't know what hit him when the time comes.

Same with chimaroke nnamani.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Typicalguy(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
Sorry for your sorry generation undecided undecided
Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
Lol

Pool
Re: I Am Sorry For Calling My People Saboteur: Emeka Ihedioha Tenders Apology by Cmanforall: 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2022
Lol
This man...
May be his people have assure him of not winning any other election in the state.
This is one of the few who spent 16 straight years at the Legislative House, but still hungry for power.

Hope he has something to show the electorates for all those years on National Assembly

Op @ Obisbetter post also the video of his previous comments.
I see he's a politician who was initially playing with words.
I think in that video he said there are only 2 parties contesting for presidency, Pdp and APC...

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Mayor and 300 bokoharam fighters arrested by Cameroon Army / Why Buhari Rejected Wali As Acting INEC Chairman - PM News / Wardrobe Allowance: Ben Bruce Mocking Nigerian Workers — Osun Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.