Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,210 members, 7,846,016 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy (12590 Views)

Ebonyi: Appeal Court upholds Umahi's defection to APC / 2023: Umahi’s Senatorial Ambition In Jeopardy As Other Contenders Sue / Defection: Court Upholds Umahi’s Election As Ebonyi Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Hydroxide(m): 5:09pm On Sep 30, 2022
They should take him to supreme Court.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Hydroxide(m): 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
emilo2bad:

you got it all wrong. Ahmed lawal opponent never step down but Umahi opponent who happens to be his younger brother step down for him, that woman Ann came second during the primary so no loco standing to go court
even if someone stepped down for Umahi, Umahi was not in the race from the beginning. After he stepped down, it was those that contested for the primary elections that were supposed to contest again. Umahi did not participate in the first primary election, so he is not qualified to participate. It would have been different if The man that stepped down for him was the only one that bought form and participated in the primary.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Salvador1: 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ebubu:
lalasticlala and mynd44 this is from channels TV ooooo

big win for tinubu in the SE, they will campaign for their APC senatorial ticket and tinubu in Ebonyi and Abia and Imo.

the constitutionally required 25% for electoral victory is assured for APC in these 3 Igbo states confirmed!

even buhari has 25% in ebonyi in 2019 without a sitting apc governor, local government chairmen or house of rep member, not to mention now they are all in apc
you want 25% from the people and region you hate with passion.
I don't understand una confusion.
U hate Igbos yet u still want their votes.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by garfield1: 5:42pm On Sep 30, 2022
jamace:
Contesting in 2 primary elections in an election year. But there is the clause that if the contestant steps down voluntarily, then Umahi or Lawan could be accepted by INEC.
The question now is, has the winner of the senatorial primaries stepped down volutarily for Umahi or Lawan?

Lawan has lost out.for umahi,the contestant who stepped down was his brother.the electoral act amended referred to candidates not aspirants
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by garfield1: 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2022
Penguin2:

In your dreams.

Look, doesn’t matter if Umahi is APC senatorial candidate or not, Ebonyi people will not vote for Tinubu.

Oga,umahi is a deadly man.you know what he can do.he will sway votes forcefully.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by garfield1: 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2022
Aiel123:

Can one senatorial district produce 30%?
Sen.Nnachi is the PDP's candidate and incumbent senator... It's battle royal

Can he match a performing and ruthless governor like umahi? Of course not na.it is a no contest.plus ohaozara gives bloc votes...
Yes,one zone can help give 25%.delta central,abia north,edo north,akwa ibom north west,bayelsa east,IMO west etc in 2019 for buhari.bayelsa east singlehandedly gave buhari 25% in 2019.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by ViceGovernor: 6:16pm On Sep 30, 2022
richidinho:
This is a miscarriage of justice, the apex court will do the needful

What is bad for Lawan is also bad for Umahi
Na clear brown envelope judgement
Useless thieves in agbada i hope they both lose last last undecided
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Ebubu: 6:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
Salvador1:
you want 25% from the people and region you hate with passion.
I don't understand una confusion.
U hate Igbos yet u still want their votes.
we don’t hate igbos
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Ebubu: 6:19pm On Sep 30, 2022
Bayyajidda:

He will surely lose in the coming election, since he nor want get sense. The same thing I told Sonni Ogbuoji in 2014 in Abuja, today he's no where to be found politically.
take your backward words to your family
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Ebubu: 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
Onyeziokwu:

Don't go there please!

Atiku won 2019 presidential election but was massively rigged in favour of PMB
atiku is a loser
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Ebubu: 6:20pm On Sep 30, 2022
Indispensable85:

Senator David Umahi my favourite governor
me too

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by CheapHomes1: 6:22pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ebubu:

big win for tinubu in the SE, they will campaign for their APC senatorial ticket and tinubu in Ebonyi and Abia and Imo.

the constitutionally required 25% for electoral victory is assured for APC in these 3 Igbo states confirmed!

even buhari has 25% in ebonyi in 2019 without a sitting apc governor, local government chairmen or house of rep member, not to mention now they are all in apc

I hear that Tinubu will reward the political big wigs in APC with 2000 appointments if he becomes president. Pls what is Tinubu rewarding you with? Will you be a beneficiary of the 2000 appointments?
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Salvador1: 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ebubu:
we don’t hate igbos
oga u people hate anything Igbo why still hunting for their vote.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by CheapHomes1: 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
CilicMarin:
Tinubu will get at least 60% of Ebonyi votes in next year's election. You are free to cry ekungbere...

I hear that Tinubu will reward the political big wigs in APC with 2000 appointments if he becomes president. Pls what is Tinubu rewarding you with? Will you be a beneficiary of the 2000 appointments?
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by CheapHomes1: 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
KingKO22:
Woow

Congratulations to Umahi
Congrats to Tinubu
Congrats to APC family
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Ebubu: 6:23pm On Sep 30, 2022
Salvador1:
oga u people hate anything Igbo why still hunting for their vote.
goan sleep
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Salvador1: 6:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ebubu:
goan sleep
prove to me u love Igbos.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Penguin2: 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
garfield1:

Oga,umahi is a deadly man.you know what he can do.he will sway votes forcefully.

He will not sway votes forcefully.

What made him deadly was his ability to write results which BVAS is most likely to reduce drastically and thereby take Umahi’s powers away.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by garfield1: 7:02pm On Sep 30, 2022
Penguin2:

He will not sway votes forcefully.

What made him deadly was his ability to write results which BVAS is most likely to reduce drastically and thereby take Umahi’s powers away.

Oga,that bvas na wash.what if 200 voters turnout and his thugs threaten them to vote apc, who will stop them? It seems you dont know how govs are powerful
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by DadaHammed: 7:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
We dey go supreme court
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Bayyajidda(m): 7:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ebubu:
take your backward words to your family

Write this down. I remember telling Sonni Ogbuoji the former Senator representing Ebonyi South, that he will surely fail when he started lording it (I remember him asking me how I was able to come into the national assembly complex in 2012, as if the building was his father property)
Today his politically an history. Advice Umahi of Uburu to retract his steps, or he will fail shambolically.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Ebubu: 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2022
Bayyajidda:

Write this down. I remember telling Sonni Ogbuoji that he will surely fail when he started lording it. Today his politically an history. Advice Umahi of Uburu to retract his steps, or he will fail shambolically.
give yourself that advice and become a wealthy man, fool.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Bayyajidda(m): 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ebubu:

Write this down. I remember telling Sonni Ogbuoji the former Senator representing Ebonyi South, that he will surely fail when he started lording it (I remember him asking me how I was able to come into the national assembly complex in 2012, as if the building was his father property)
Today his politically an history. Advice Umahi of Uburu to retract he's steps, or he will fail shambolically.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Bayyajidda(m): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ebubu:

You think everyone is local champion like you. Travel and compete.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Chinedumejoooo: 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2022
You're a complete fighter no doubt
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by themanderon: 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2022
Ebubu:

The same APC that has plagued them with poverty and death for over 7yrs now?
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by themanderon: 9:25pm On Sep 30, 2022
Monday60655:
In some occasions, I wonder the kind of judiciary that we have in this country. How can someone who did not participate in the first election join during the re-election. The same judiciary ruled against senate president Ahmed lawan in this same scenario, why is this one different?

That is the cluster mess that Nigeria has become. The law is interpreted differently in different locations and time.

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Penguin2: 5:45am On Oct 01, 2022
garfield1:

Oga,that bvas na wash.what if 200 voters turnout and his thugs threaten them to vote apc, who will stop them? It seems you dont know how govs are powerful

He does not have monopoly of thugs
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by garfield1: 6:29am On Oct 01, 2022
Penguin2:

He does not have monopoly of thugs

He has more than others plus security
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by emilo2bad: 8:26am On Oct 01, 2022
Hydroxide:
even if someone stepped down for Umahi, Umahi was not in the race from the beginning. After he stepped down, it was those that contested for the primary elections that were supposed to contest again. Umahi did not participate in the first primary election, so he is not qualified to participate. It would have been different if The man that stepped down for him was the only one that bought form and participated in the primary.
your view is that of a lay man, but electoral act 2022 is clear. so no court can unturn Umahi victory
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by Hydroxide(m): 9:35am On Oct 01, 2022
emilo2bad:

your view is that of a lay man, but electoral act 2022 is clear. so no court can unturn Umahi victory
no wahala. Let's wait for the supreme court
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Umahi’s Senatorial Candidacy by emilo2bad: 9:42am On Oct 01, 2022
Hydroxide:
no wahala. Let's wait for the supreme court
your madam Agom is not even going to surpreme court. Abi you want to file the case on her behalf ? hatred kills

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

May Day: Tinubu Promises Better Working Conditions, Fair Wages For Workers / Ambode And Oba Akiolu Celebrate Democracy Day With Physically Challenged / NASS Alone Cannot Pad Budgets – Na’abba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.