Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,741 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? (74168 Views)

How I Converted A Space In My Compound Into A Dry Season Ugu Farm / Bird I Caught This Morning In My Compound In Abia / The Plants And Animals I Saw In My Uncle's Compound (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Greenback: 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2022
Simple. When e don ripe,I will help the owner harvest it and call him to come into my compound to collect it. But my cutlass will be on my hands to know weda he will appreciate or not. grin

1 Like

Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Greenback: 7:48pm On Sep 30, 2022
Moh247 tiffff..tifffist grin:

Can I thief anything wey dey my house
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Bfly: 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2022
50-50
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Philipmaxwell: 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2022
duro4chang:
You are not the owner please

Actually by law, the owner of the compound can claim ownership over the fruit, while the other one has ownership over the stem.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Cloud007: 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2022
A lot of people have been zeroed taking the path of willful, intentional and unnecessary wrong decisions.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by supercharles(m): 7:54pm On Sep 30, 2022
I already knew the rules
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Judolisco(m): 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
I've had dis issue b4... I told my neighbour any one wey enter ur compound is yours...
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by supercharles(m): 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2022
It just happened recently in my compound
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by hardbody: 7:57pm On Sep 30, 2022
obembet:
I believe we still have many good Nigerians who can judge this matter

If Banana grows like this and enter your compound, are you the owner or your neighbor?

At law, you cut it and hand it over to the owners. This could come under the rule in Rylands V Fletcher but in this instance, the fruit tree has done no damage to the property.

I don't want to argue please.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by duro4chang(m): 7:58pm On Sep 30, 2022
Philipmaxwell:

Actually by law, the owner of the compound can claim ownership over the fruit, while the other one has ownership over the stem.
Which section of the law?
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by mamcoker: 8:02pm On Sep 30, 2022
Shawl001:
Did you plant it?
Is the root established on your soil?
If No, then you are not the owner pls.

If the person that planted it has been coming to my compound to clean the dirts created by the leaves, I will release the banana. If I can claim the liability, will also claim the benefits
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by bluebay(m): 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2022
GiveYourBest:

Then you allow him go. It doesn't change anything or make you go hungry.
E pain me o . Make I nor lie .
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Elmojiid(m): 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
mfm04622:

By law, it is not yours!
I said by my own law
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by chiedozie198100: 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2022
If u harvest that banana, then u r a wicked person.
Why not alert the owner n let him give u some from it.

Haba na.

1 Like

Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by kay7: 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2022
It’s simple: Don’t reap what you did not sow
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Kaytixy: 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2022
Sorry for the banana
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by NoToPile: 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2022
Reminds me of this comprehension passage in senior English project 'the law is an ass'

There's a lime tree in my compound that spills over at the backyard, they always pluck the fruits well I have no problem with that after all they also sweep the leaves that shed into their compound, now they planted this long legume like tomato and it twined on the lime bringing most of the fruits here, the thing is just ripening and spoiling, when they are ready they will come knock the gate to get their fruits because I know they can see it from their compound.

When I planted my ugu it twined on the lime tree but didn't spill over but they carried ladder and tried to stretch their hand to pluck it, I warned them sternly.

Some also use ladder to pluck bitter leaf that grew above fence.

So for this banana, you can inform them, they most likely know anyway.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by darexolu16(m): 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2022
[quote author=obembet post=117145445]I believe we still have many good Nigerians who can judge this matter

If Banana grows like this and enter your compound, are you the owner or your neighbor?[/quote

Baami no be ya own o..but u go gbenusi
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by NoToPile: 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2022
CheapHomes1:

There's hope for this your banana. What of this one?

This one is a serious case, it actually landed in your compound by itself grin
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Fantazy(m): 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2022
obembet:
I believe we still have many good Nigerians who can judge this matter

If Banana grows like this and enter your compound, are you the owner or your neighbor?

I will arrest the banana and put it in my custody, why will it climb the fence into my compound?
It a thief!
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by victorazy(m): 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2022
EzeNwaanyiMmili:
thief

Nop! By law it his
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Shawl001(m): 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2022
beejay85:

If it has leaves that dried up and littered my compound...who does the cleaning? Me
Now the time to reap....it belong to someone else grin
We read something similar back then in sch in one of the english textbooks..
Similar senario was used to depict the "law" being an ass

Okay, for the daily cleaning and sweeping of dry leaves, the owner can cut small for you grin
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by hollywater: 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2022
Harvest it when it's time, take it to the real owner he/she will give you your share and your heart will have peace with God.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by LordEclipse: 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2022
Cut it and give to the owner. It's not yours..werey
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by BABANGBALI: 8:21pm On Sep 30, 2022
Manna from above
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by OKOATA(m): 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2022
wirinet:

Thank you oga lawyer. Luckily I took property law in school. Anything below and above a land belongs to the owner of the land. The person that planted the banana should have taken measures that his tree does not encroach on another person's land. In the alternative he should pay rent on the space accepted by his tree on another person's land.
Mere looking at the photo sef, does it seem that the real owners don't have eyes that the banana is ripe at the other side? I don't think the height is too much for them not to know. Seems they don't really know or the two neighbors aren't cordial. If I have a good neighbor I will tell him point blank and shoot him the photo. I'm sure as a reasonable person he will share with me. Moreover that banana isn't even up to 5k total. So what's really the deal about it anyways.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by loliapoopy2013(f): 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2022
I will cut and take half and leave half for the owners because the stem is not in my my compound.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by dalass(f): 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2022
Moh247:
cool

No am not , but anything on my property won't leave my property without me getting a fair share

Exactly!

Thank God it's a fairly large bunch. I cut half from the tip. The planter gets half grin grin
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by 3kay945(m): 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
I face same issue every time but mine is plantain. I am not a fan of it much. So I do call the owner to come collect..

I might change strategy If It was to be banana cos monkey and I share common thing in this regard.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Emdebby2: 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2022
No long story. The banana is automatically mine.
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Stanleyq: 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2022
[quote author=obembet post=117145445]I believe we still have many good Nigerians who can judge this matter

If Banana grows like this and enter your compound, are you the owner or your neighbor?[/quote. If Ballers who are playing gave a shot, and the ball fell inside a compound, is the ball still owned by the ballers or by the landlord?
Re: If Banana Grew & Entered Your Compound Like This, What Would You Do? by Kaffy2903(f): 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2022
shocked shocked
sundayid:
Let’s change the narrative and replace Banana with weed. And the when the authorities come around, who would be arrested?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fish Sold For N1.1 Billion In Japan’s New Year Tuna Auction / Obasanjo Inspects His Yam And Maize Farm (Photos) / Which Wild Animal Could Have Ripped Off The Neck Of Our Goat Like This? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.