Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes (23801 Views)

Arise Interview: Hadi Sirika Lied About Air Peace - Management / Nigeria Air: Only N3b, not N85b was released - Interview with Hadi Sirika / International Flights Resume On 29th August 2020 -Hadi Sirika, Aviation Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by shox(m): 9:04am On Oct 02, 2022
Borlanley:

Why calling me that ?

Did I scam you or have we deal before ?
scammer
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by Topmaike007(m): 9:06am On Oct 02, 2022
irririchris:
How many China vehicles is recognized as standard not to talk of aeroplane?
IVM,Sino truck,fotron and many more that I can't remember
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by Kingsley10000: 9:08am On Oct 02, 2022
internationalman:
Nigerians won't enter. We are the most scared people to die on earth.

Same reason I've yet to see a Chinese made car in Nigeria.

There are many bro.
Especially Trucks and Luxurious buses(50% of trucks driven in Nigeria are made in china)
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by heniford2: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2022
We never see train enter we never see anyone the are planing to buy china plane
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by arantess: 9:10am On Oct 02, 2022
hmmmm,

a plane with only 7 copies is what they are considering

shouldn't they allow for more test runs and use by other clients first?

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by Lexusgs430: 9:12am On Oct 02, 2022
Plane that is banned in some countries........ Where does Hadi intend, flying to ....... cheesy
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by Kingsley10000: 9:15am On Oct 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
HOWO ,JAC ,Greatwall(Trumpchi),CHANGAN,etc..
They've basically taken over the Nigerian brand new truck market. wink
Open your mind.
E go shock you say this aircraft will even be better than its predecessors.
Chinese people are very smart!

We sell Howo truck parts.Trust me,it's the best among all in all ramifications.

How I wish I can buy Chinese electric car
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by nedekid: 9:18am On Oct 02, 2022
Prosperous111:
Lol that won’t end well grin

We all know say any Chinese products no Dey too last with zero guarantee grin

China phone grin
Chinese planes shocked
My Huawei phone is the best phone I ever used.

2 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by patrickcollins: 9:21am On Oct 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
There's no company on earth that produces all its components,
Even boeing and Airbus outsource some things too so I wonder what your point is.
If it is built in China,then its Chinese.
End of story!
China aircraft sourced the major components like engines, tell me what America and France aircrafts source
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by SeaTrade(m): 9:22am On Oct 02, 2022
Kingsley10000:

We sell Howo truck parts.Trust me,it's the best among all in all ramifications.

How I wish I can buy Chinese electric car
No mind them,easy straight to the point unlike needless European technology that ends up being a menace and money pit for operators.
If its not durable like they claim,why are they now taking over Nigeria and the rest of Africa brand new truck market scene?
It would sell even more in gringo land as it would save their operators so much cost and make them more money,but gringos will use politics and "safety" claims to protect their local producers from collapse because them dey fear China.
Some people and blind consumer loyalty makes me want to throw up honestly.
America banned Hilux when them see say it was a way better car than their GM and Ford nonsense, them use safety as excuse ban am grin
Even landcruiser too them ban am because them dey fear make Japan no come throw those their GMC denali and cadilac escalade ugly crazy trucks,
So landcruiser is not safe and roadworthy too abi?
How many people landcruiser don kill for UK,middle East and the rest of the world?
Is their peasant consumers better,richer and safety conscious than Arabs? undecided
Fucking gringos.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by Kingsley10000: 9:24am On Oct 02, 2022
Bigleaf1006:

But their quality is nothing compared to mark,Daf,Iveco,Mercedes etal
It's a fallacy bro.
I sell truck parts in Lagos.Howo, Foton and other sinotrucks are better than other trucks.

Daf also good German product
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by SeaTrade(m): 9:24am On Oct 02, 2022
patrickcollins:
China aircraft sourced the major components like engines, tell me what America and France aircrafts source
Airbus(French) A380 outsourced its 4 huge engines from ROLLS ROYCE which is British made.
Boeing outsource it's engines from Rolls Royce and General electric too.
What's your point
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by Goahead(m): 9:25am On Oct 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
Oga ,if I'm buying the plane brand new and I need a range of 6000km to satisfy the market I want to use it for,
All I have to do is to tell the manufacturer and they'll give me bigger tanks for more range.
This shouldn't be hard to understand na.
Lol, aircraft is not a computer you can buy external ssd or ram to make it more useful. This plane in question does not have a variant with a more powerful engines that will offset the weight of a bigger fuel tank. When you increase the tank thereby making it heavier without creating proportionate thrust to move it forward and bigger wings for lift, you'll end up with an inefficient money pit since you're going to reduce your passenger and cargo capacity. Profit is essential in this industry bro.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by quinox947: 9:34am On Oct 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
HOWO ,JAC ,Greatwall(Trumpchi),CHANGAN,etc..
They've basically taken over the Nigerian brand new truck market. wink
Open your mind.
E go shock you say this aircraft will even be better than its predecessors.
Chinese people are very smart!
You are very right. The Chinese will protect their brand. Majority of the fake Chinese products in Nigeria is ordered by Nigerians. The Nigerian importers give specification for the low quality that flood the markets. Majority of the electronic products in the US are Chinese products and had all passed the quality test. Which truck head can you compare with HOWO, or FAW?
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by SocialJustice: 9:34am On Oct 02, 2022
PDPGuy:
I'm undecided as to whether a Nigerian airline should buy Chinese planes.
How else do you expect a broke and irresponsible government to start an airline?
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by SeaTrade(m): 9:38am On Oct 02, 2022
Goahead:
Lol, aircraft is not a computer you can buy external ssd or ram to make it more useful. This plane in question does not have a variant with a more powerful engines that will offset the weight of a bigger fuel tank. When you increase the tank thereby making it heavier without creating proportionate thrust to move it forward and bigger wings for lift, you'll end up with an inefficient money pit since you're going to reduce your passenger and cargo capacity. Profit is essential in this industry bro.
How much will 2000km worth of extra fuel range weigh that they have to alter the design for? undecided
Max 7ton extra.
So they now will have to increase the wingspan and put bigger engine and reduce passenger capacity because of 7ton more weight?
You think say aeroplane na Hilux abi wetin? undecided
You don't need to increase wingspan to accommodate more fuel,you can put the extra tank in its belly.
As for the lift issue,all it will only change is it's V1,meaning they'll run more on the runway by a minute percentile to hit V1 and go airborne.
All these differences are insignificant oga for 7ton worth of extra fuel.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by GamalNasser: 9:49am On Oct 02, 2022
Topmaike007:
like how Boeing 737 were killing people Abi??

Boeing 737 is the safest aircraft ever built , they had tethering issues with just one model the 737 max because it was rushed into production to stall of competition from a new Airbus
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by SeaTrade(m): 9:56am On Oct 02, 2022
GamalNasser:

Boeing 737 is the safest aircraft ever built , they had tethering issues with just one model the 737 max because it was rushed into production to stall of competition from a new Airbus
How can the 737 be the safest aircraft in it's category when it has killed 346 precious lives since 2017 ? undecided
Airbus A320 has killed only 7,
So what's your point?
The 737 has a crash rate of 1/16million while A320 has 1/14 million ,and this is just mere probability statistics.
So use your numbers inclined brained to tell us the audience which is safer with the above numbers.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by Goahead(m): 9:58am On Oct 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
How much will 2000km worth of extra fuel range weigh that they have to alter the design for? undecided
Max 7ton extra.
So they now will have to increase the wingspan and put bigger engine and reduce passenger capacity because of 7ton more weight?
You think say aeroplane na Hilux abi wetin? undecided
You don't need to increase wingspan to accommodate more fuel,you can put the extra tank in its belly.
As for the lift issue,all it will only change is it's V1,meaning they'll run more on the runway by a minute percentile to hit V1 and go airborne.
All these differences are insignificant oga for 7ton worth of extra fuel.
I see why we still have air accidents in developing countries, we tends to cheat the systems by not following standard safety practices and regulations.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by Goahead(m): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2022
Kingsley10000:

It's a fallacy bro.
I sell truck parts in Lagos.Howo, Foton and other sinotrucks are better than other trucks.

Daf also good German product
You sell trucks parts and you don't know daf is Holland undecided
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by SeaTrade(m): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2022
Goahead:
I see why we still have air accidents in developing countries, we tends to cheat the systems by not following standard safety practices and regulations.
There's no cheating here,I am talking alterations straight from the factory.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by Goahead(m): 10:09am On Oct 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
Airbus(French) A380 outsourced its 4 huge engines from ROLLS ROYCE which is British made.
Boeing outsource it's engines from Rolls Royce and General electric too.
What's your point
Airbus is not French, it's a joint venture of different western European countries. The headquarters is in Toulouse, France, but with manufacturing facilities spread out in Germany, the UK, and Spain with final assembly in France.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by 00FFT00(m): 10:12am On Oct 02, 2022
GamalNasser:
Another horrible mistake , even Chinese airlines avoid Chinese commercial planes , we all saw the commercial disasters the Russian Sukhoi super jet was , you see when it comes to commercial jets leave it for the french na d north Americans

You meant Europeans and the USA. Airbus is a European consortium comprising Germany, France, Spain, and the UK.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by EngrKemp: 10:14am On Oct 02, 2022
I can never fly that airline...
Never ..

I will tell my company never to book me on that airline .

Nonsense
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by SeaTrade(m): 10:16am On Oct 02, 2022
Goahead:
Airbus is not French, it's a joint venture of different western European countries. The headquarters is in Toulouse, France, but with manufacturing facilities spread out in Germany, the UK, and Spain with final assembly in France.
So because Toyota has manufacturing plants around the world and a couple of Wholesale partners and retail investors trading its stocks on the stock market,It is no longer Japanese abi? undecided
Why then is the headquarters in France then?
Where do you think airbus as a corporation repatriate its profits to before sharing?
So with this few hints,which country now owns the company?
grin
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by LordReed(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2022
internationalman:
Nigerians won't enter. We are the most scared people to die on earth.

Same reason I've yet to see a Chinese made car in Nigeria.

Are you joking? You've never seen GAC cars on Nigerian streets?
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by GamalNasser: 10:34am On Oct 02, 2022
SeaTrade:
How can the 737 be the safest aircraft in it's category when it has killed 346 precious lives since 2017 ? undecided
Airbus A320 has killed only 7,
So what's your point?
The 737 has a crash rate of 1/16million while A320 has 1/14 million ,and this is just mere probability statistics.
So use your numbers inclined brained to tell us the audience which is safer with the above numbers.

I hope you understand the data you posted ? It 737s would have made 16 million flight before 1 accident is likely to occur while the A320 makes 14 million flights before one crash , the 737 is 2 million flights safer than the a320..please stop use the errors of the 737 Max to stain the stellar reputation of the 737 family ..i still don't consider the Max a 737 model, that aircraft basically a 737NG fitted with a CFM leap engine not designed for it and that's where the problem came from ...

This is a 737 that got is roof blown away in mid air and still made a safe landing with just one fatality..can you beat that

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by SeaTrade(m): 10:36am On Oct 02, 2022
GamalNasser:

I hope you understand the data you posted ? It 737s would have made 16 million flight before 1 accident is likely to occur while the A320 makes 14 million flights before one crash , the 737 is 2 million flights safer than the a320..please stop use the errors of the 737 Max to stain the stellar reputation of the 737 family ..i still don't consider the Max a 737 model, that aircraft basically a 737NG fitted with a CFM leap engine not designed for it and that's where the problem came from ...

This is a 737 that got is roof blown away in mid air and still made a safe landing with just one fatality..can you beat that
I admit,I was wrong with my statistics.

2 Likes

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by Reference(m): 10:39am On Oct 02, 2022
....Guinea Pig Republic of Nigeria..... where lives indeed do matter.
Instead of waiting for the rest of the world that is more experienced in aviation matters to give the green light.
Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by Reference(m): 10:57am On Oct 02, 2022
arantess:
hmmmm,

a plane with only 7 copies is what they are considering

shouldn't they allow for more test runs and use by other clients first?

Abi oh.
That is how Ethiopia Airlines rushed into acquiring the Boeing 737 Max with disastrous consequences.
And the end of the story read that, their pilots could not interpret the reactions of the plane to the flying conditions encountered while their American counterparts coped well.
Let others more endowed pace set with new tech, new equipment. And for a rookie country in aviation this internship should take a long, long time.

1 Like

Re: Hadi Sirika: Nigeria Air Will Consider China's C919 Planes by CaptainFM1: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2022
PDPGuy:
I'm undecided as to whether a Nigerian airline should buy Chinese planes.

One wing fit drop mid air. Anything Chinco, fear am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biodun Adedeji Hammed's Lost Travel Documents And Tickets Found / Lagos International Airport Plunged Into Darkness As Passenger Board (Video) / Uber: 10 Facts You Probably Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.