Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,271 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times (1331 Views)

PT State Of The Race: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems / Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems- Premium Times / Kemi Adeosun Forged NYSC Certificate - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2022
PT State of the Race: Obidients dominate as Tinubu, Atiku face domestic problems
Petr Obi's supporters have taken his campaign to the streets across Nigeria while Bola Tinubu and Atiku Abubakar ponder issurs in the APC and PDP

Peter Obi’s supporters got their noses in front of the field in the opening week of the campaigns for the 2023 presidential election. While the two major parties are still trying to put their houses in order, the upstart Obidients are already in the streets showing off their numbers in simultaneous outings across the country.

They appeared to have seized the initiative in this campaign from the moment in June when Mr Obi abandoned his bid for the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and entered the race on the pony of the then unfashionable Labour Party. Since then, the supporters have managed to shove Mr Obi and themselves into the centre of national and even international media attention in their audacious efforts to rewrite Nigeria’s political and electoral scripts.

Adopting their moniker from the candidate’s name and branding themselves as a movement of the Nigerian youth angry with the status quo, they launched their campaign on Twitter, the microblogging platform that had been used so effectively a year and a half earlier for the #EndSARS protests of October 2020.

On Saturday, the Obidients marked Nigeria’s 62nd Independence Anniversary with rallies and street marches in many cities across Nigeria. Although the candidate did not appear in any of the events, his supporters defied the elements and attempts by the authorities to restrict them in some places and poured out in their thousands chanting the praise of the candidate and dancing to Nigerian pop music.

In Lagos, despite an early morning downpour, the supporters gathered at Lekki, Surulere, Ikeja, and Festac Town for what the organisers called a #4MillionManMarch4PeterObi. But they also made themselves seen in Kaduna, Bauchi, Uyo, Warri, Benin and other cities where they caused traffic gridlocks with their carnivals along major highways.
Mocking Bola Tinubu, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) over the impressive numbers at the rallies in areas considered his stronghold, a spokesperson of the Atiku Abubakar campaign organisation, Daniel Bwala, wrote on Twitter:
“They kept saying @PeterObi would steal @OfficialPDPNig votes until they saw the Obidient Lagos rally, then they realized Pitobi is on a mission to plunder Emilokan’s south west votes. Obi’s voters are all over the south west, cities, towns and villages. Hahahahahaha.”
In a second tweet, Mr Bwala also wrote:
The crowd at Pitobi @PeterObi rally in Kaduna despite @elrufai,..,suggest the decline of APC in that state. This is even labour, not PDP, Obi not Atiku. The EA amendment has de-mystified governors. If 2015 APC victory does not humble APC, the 2023 APC defeat would humiliate them.”

Premium Times Nigeria

BUA Group Ad
Aerial view of the Lagos ObiDatti rally held on 1 October 2022 [PHOTO: TW @PeterObi]
Aerial view of the Lagos ObiDatti rally held on 1 October 2022 [PHOTO: TW @PeterObi]

PT State of the Race: Obidients dominate as Tinubu, Atiku face domestic problems
Petr Obi's supporters have taken his campaign to the streets across Nigeria while Bola Tinubu and Atiku Abubakar ponder issurs in the APC and PDP
ByBisi Abidoye October 2, 2022 Reading Time: 6 mins read

Peter Obi’s supporters got their noses in front of the field in the opening week of the campaigns for the 2023 presidential election. While the two major parties are still trying to put their houses in order, the upstart Obidients are already in the streets showing off their numbers in simultaneous outings across the country.

They appeared to have seized the initiative in this campaign from the moment in June when Mr Obi abandoned his bid for the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and entered the race on the pony of the then unfashionable Labour Party. Since then, the supporters have managed to shove Mr Obi and themselves into the centre of national and even international media attention in their audacious efforts to rewrite Nigeria’s political and electoral scripts.

Adopting their moniker from the candidate’s name and branding themselves as a movement of the Nigerian youth angry with the status quo, they launched their campaign on Twitter, the microblogging platform that had been used so effectively a year and a half earlier for the #EndSARS protests of October 2020.

On Saturday, the Obidients marked Nigeria’s 62nd Independence Anniversary with rallies and street marches in many cities across Nigeria. Although the candidate did not appear in any of the events, his supporters defied the elements and attempts by the authorities to restrict them in some places and poured out in their thousands chanting the praise of the candidate and dancing to Nigerian pop music.

In Lagos, despite an early morning downpour, the supporters gathered at Lekki, Surulere, Ikeja, and Festac Town for what the organisers called a #4MillionManMarch4PeterObi. But they also made themselves seen in Kaduna, Bauchi, Uyo, Warri, Benin and other cities where they caused traffic gridlocks with their carnivals along major highways.

Bola Tinubu
Bola Tinubu
Mocking Bola Tinubu, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) over the impressive numbers at the rallies in areas considered his stronghold, a spokesperson of the Atiku Abubakar campaign organisation, Daniel Bwala, wrote on Twitter:

“They kept saying @PeterObi would steal @OfficialPDPNig votes until they saw the Obidient Lagos rally, then they realized Pitobi is on a mission to plunder Emilokan’s south west votes. Obi’s voters are all over the south west, cities, towns and villages. Hahahahahaha.”

In a second tweet, Mr Bwala also wrote:

The crowd at Pitobi @PeterObi rally in Kaduna despite @elrufai,..,suggest the decline of APC in that state. This is even labour, not PDP, Obi not Atiku. The EA amendment has de-mystified governors. If 2015 APC victory does not humble APC, the 2023 APC defeat would humiliate them.”

TEXEM Advert

The tweets were good music in the ears of the Obidients. One of them responded to Mr Bwala with laughing emojis:

“What a time to be alive. They are no longer living in denial. APC is saying Peter Obi will take PDP’s vote.PDP is saying Peter Obi will take APC’s vote.Ladies and Gents, Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria.”

Mr Obi has been mocked over his decision to run on the platform of the Labour Party, which had never made a serious impression in a national election. He was the running mate to Atiku of the PDP in the last election and started this one initially hesitant, before declaring his bid for the main opposition party’s ticket. His hesitation was then seen as a signal of his preference to pair again with Atiku, a man he still publicly reveres as “My leader.” His appearance at the public declaration of Atiku in Abuja earlier in the year had lent light to that view.

Thus, when he suddenly announced his departure from the PDP and picked the ticket of the Labour Party a few days later, many observers saw it as an act of desperation. Even the immediate traction that his candidature gained on social media did not impress many observers who noted that the party does not have structures in any state of the federation. He had countered that by describing his supporters as his structures. And with what we have seen over the past four months, and especially in the last few weeks since they took the online campaign to the streets, many may want to pay Mr Obi more serious attention.
The Obidients may be blustering political neophytes. But the marks they are making in this campaign and the attention they are drawing, even from their most arrogant opponents, show their hope of “taking back Nigeria” may not be as illusory as it first appeared.

APC, PDP distracted
While the Obidients are in their elements, the two major parties are being distracted by internal issues. The two had dithered over putting together their presidential campaign councils. This was more surprising for the APC, which appeared to have escaped the post-convention conflict that has manacled the PDP. However, soon after announcing a 422-member council, it emerged that powerful elements in the APC were squabbling over what roles to play in the campaign.

Some of the 23-member governors’ forum of the party complained that their nominees into the council had either been excluded or assigned minor roles. The bickering was confirmed when the draft of a letter was leaked to the media in which the national chairman of the party, Abdullahi Adamu, expressed his frustration at Mr Tinubu not carrying the national working committee along in his preparations for the campaigns. Although the spokesperson of the party, Felix Morka, later denied the authenticity of the latter, the party has confirmed that the list was being reviewed.

This was one of the reasons why the schedule for the inauguration of the council on Wednesday was cancelled. The minister of state for labour and employment, Festus Keyamo, who is the spokesperson of the Tinubu campaign, later said the party will issue an expanded list of over 2000 members that would accommodate all interest groups in the party.
Read more through the link
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/557272-mr-obi.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Macphenson: 11:30am On Oct 02, 2022
What a time to be alive. They are no longer living in denial. APC is saying Peter Obi will take PDP’s vote.PDP is saying Peter Obi will take APC’s vote.Ladies and Gents, Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria.”

Both PDP and APC have conclusively agreed that Peter Obi is taking their votes.

Structureless demystifying structureful.

Nigerians are tired of the old order politics that brought nothing but suffering, hunger, penury, insecurity, backwardness.

Even Buhari being a failure does not want a disaster like Tinubu to happen to Nigeria.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Think9ja(m): 11:31am On Oct 02, 2022
I don't care what anyone has to say about Atiku. I don't care what anyone has to say about PDP. Call them thieves, call them corrupt, call them any unprintable names. Atiku Abubakar of the PDP is my choice for the 2023 presidential election.

Even if Atiku is caught red handed stealing money, he's my choice for next year.

Go through my posts, I was against him just before the primaries. But times have changed and it's time to face reality.
And the reality is one of Tinubu or Atiku will be the president.

I CHOOSE ATIKU

WHY HE IS MY CHOICE? HE IS THE ONLY ONE WITH A REALISTIC CHANCE OF STOPPING TINUBU, HE HAS NEVER BEEN INDICTED FOR ANY CORRUPT OR DRUG RELATED OFFENSES. HE DOESN'T HAVE A QUESTIONABLE BACKGROUND. PLUS, HE'S THE ONLY NATIONAL CANDIDATE.

Mr. Tinubu must not be president of this country. APC must not continue ruling us.

WHY TINUBU MUST NOT BE PRESIDENT? HE'S A BIGOT, HE IS SICK, HIS SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT, HIS QUESTIONABLE BACKGROUND, HIS AUTOCRATIC NATURE, HIS PARTY IS A DISASTER, MUSLIM-MUSLIM TICKET, ETC.

As for the other mushroom parties and their candidates, while we wish them all the best, we know for sure that their best will not be good enough to even win a state.

Major General Al-Mustapha (RTD) said the moment you're sworn in as Nigeria's president, efforts are already in place to oust you. We will not vote for any political nonentity simply because we think the sagacious one is allegedly corrupt.

We saw it with Jonathan and now Buhari. In fact till date, some people still believe that the real Buhari died years ago.
WE SAY NO TO A POLITICAL NONENTITY.

Atiku 2023

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Massiveglory: 11:32am On Oct 02, 2022
This one pass domination. This is structureless suppressing structures.

In one day, lagos, uyo, abia, ekiti, bauchi, kaduna, gombe, osun, london, delta, edo and more.

Not rented, transfer or transported crowd from one state or region to the other.
I have never seen this in my life.
This is undefinable love. Obidatti is a sweet goal.

Urchins, emilokan, AA, take this advice, give up . You cannot beat this.

21 Likes

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by God1000(m): 11:32am On Oct 02, 2022
Good, we're tired of PDP and APC misrule

7 Likes

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by successmatters(m): 11:33am On Oct 02, 2022
Good

4 Likes

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by general111(m): 11:33am On Oct 02, 2022
This is the result of four people tweeting in the same room..
Lol..

4 Likes

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by kevwemike: 11:33am On Oct 02, 2022
That's how God will keep distracting all Peter Obi's enemies.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by KingKO22: 11:38am On Oct 02, 2022
Real presidential aspirants are having domestic problems which is expectedly normal as its not easy to manage thousands of to top leaders

Obiduary is online presidential candidate of IPOB. We don't except him to have any destic problems.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by CHRISSANCHEZ(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2022
We warned URCHINS....... grin cheesy grin cheesy

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by GuyWise101(m): 11:43am On Oct 02, 2022
grin

2 Likes

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by zeuss: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2022
Sarrki!!!! Sarrki!! Sarki!!!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by EndsarsReloaded: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2022
By February nothing would be left of Tinubu while Atiku would have only NW backing him. This whole thing happening is nothing short of miracle and I guess it's divinely ordained to be so.

God bless Peter Obi!
God bless Obi-dients!!
God bless Nigeria!!!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by zeuss: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2022
KingKO22:
Real presidential aspirants are having domestic problems which is expectedly normal as its not easy to manage thousands of to top leaders

Obiduary is online presidential candidate of IPOB. We don't except him to have any destic problems.

Clown

8 Likes

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by slivertongue: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2022
Obi's chances of becoming nigeria's president is getting brighter by day

6 Likes

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Willy7(m): 11:50am On Oct 02, 2022
Yet some persons tend to dwell in denial. This ship has sailed and Peter Obi is the captain by God's grace. This is a movement and not a party campaign. The movement is bigger than Obi himself, so anyone that is fighting Obi should know that it's not about Obi, but the resolve of the masses to take their destiny in their hands. Obi just happened to be the beneficiary. It could've been Osibanjo, or Amaechi or even Adewumi Adeshina of Afdp bank. It is an idea whose time has come. What I expected from most of the people pushing for the status quo to remain is to join forces now and enthrone true change, justice and equity. A Nigeria we can be proud of.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Riseup4: 11:51am On Oct 02, 2022
ALL IS SET FOR JAGABAN TO STEP DOWN FOR OBI IN HIS OWN INTEREST. AFTER ALL, HE REMAINS A KING MAKER AND SOUTH NEEDS TO BE UNITED.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Blackfire(m): 11:56am On Oct 02, 2022
So sorry I was not around, I was sick

But on a serious note ...youths shouldn't waste there vote on that structure less party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Kalashnikov49: 12:04pm On Oct 02, 2022
Go and get a good job...

You dont need to be stewpid, to survive.

You wont be forgiven, unless you "WALK NAKED" at BURDILLION, with thiefnubuu pampers!!

KingKO22:
Being a generational stupid agbado zombie. i pledge all my loyality, to the Agbado general, that has sold my senses and destiny for "watery shyt" in his pampers!

PLEAEE FORGIVE ME NAIRALANDERS...Being a thiefnubuu zombie ...helps me pay my billz.

2 Likes

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by STARGREEN(m): 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2022
KingKO22:

You appeared to be confused.

Take a deep breath and be calming down for certainly Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria Insha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by emetisuccess(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
Na God hand touch them grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by youngmd: 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2022
I can't wait for the two fools to be disgrace
Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by money121(m): 12:18pm On Oct 02, 2022
Ok
Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by frankyychiji(f): 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2022
Blackfire:
So sorry I was not around, I was sick

But on a serious note ...youths shouldn't waste there vote on that structure less party

Have they cured your gonorrhea? Sorry about your health.
Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by 00FFT00(m): 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2022
Willy7:
Yet some persons tend to dwell in denial. This ship has sailed and Peter Obi is the captain by God's grace. This is a movement and not a party campaign. The movement is bigger than Obi himself, so anyone that is fighting Obi should know that it's not about Obi, but the resolve of the masses to take their destiny in their hands. Obi just happened to be the beneficiary. It could've been Osibanjo, or Amaechi or even Adewumi Adeshina of Afdp bank. It is an idea whose time has come. What I expected from most of the people pushing for the status quo to remain is to join forces now and enthrone true change, justice and equity. A Nigeria we can be proud of.

Yet some persons tend to dwell in denial. This ship has sailed and Peter Obi is the captain by God's grace. This is a movement and not a party campaign. The movement is bigger than Obi himself, so anyone that is fighting Obi should know that it's not about Obi, but the resolve of the masses to take their destiny in their hands. Obi just happened to be the beneficiary face of the struggle. It could've been Osibanjo, or Amaechi or even Adewumi Adeshina of Afdp bank. It is an idea whose time has come. What I expected from most of the people pushing for the status quo to remain is to join forces now and enthrone true change, justice and equity. A Nigeria we can be proud of.
Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by 00FFT00(m): 12:27pm On Oct 02, 2022
Willy7:

Yet some persons tend to dwell in denial. This ship has sailed and Peter Obi is the captain by God's grace. This is a movement and not a party campaign. The movement is bigger than Obi himself, so anyone that is fighting Obi should know that it's not about Obi, but the resolve of the masses to take their destiny in their hands. Obi just happened to be the beneficiary face and custodian of the struggle. It could've been Osibanjo, or Amaechi or even Adewumi Adeshina of Afdp bank. It is an idea whose time has come. What I expected from most of the people pushing for the status quo to remain is to join forces now and enthrone true change, justice and equity. A Nigeria we can be proud of.
Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Okoroawusa: 12:32pm On Oct 02, 2022
I can't wait for February
Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Racoon(m): 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2022
So shall it remain until the revolution is completed. A new order must be instituted while the old give way.
Peter Obi is not the solution to the myriad of problems confronting Nigeria today but he represents the hope to reset the country into a default mode.
Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Tochi3(m): 12:38pm On Oct 02, 2022
zeuss:

Clown
I dey Tell you...

A clown in sifia pains cheesy grin
Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Alwaysready(m): 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2022
The agbadorians will not like this news from premium times. Infact,they may even go and shot down the company and withdraw their license as usual. angry grin

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Anyiamaka: 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2022
Think9ja:
I don't care what anyone has to say about Atiku. I don't care what anyone has to say about PDP. Call them thieves, call them corrupt, call them any unprintable names. Atiku Abubakar of the PDP is my choice for the 2023 presidential election.

Even if Atiku is caught red handed stealing money, he's my choice for next year.

Go through my posts, I was against him just before the primaries. But times have changed and it's time to face reality.
And the reality is one of Tinubu or Atiku will be the president.

I CHOOSE ATIKU

WHY HE IS MY CHOICE? HE IS THE ONLY ONE WITH A REALISTIC CHANCE OF STOPPING TINUBU, HE HAS NEVER BEEN INDICTED FOR ANY CORRUPT OR DRUG RELATED OFFENSES. HE DOESN'T HAVE A QUESTIONABLE BACKGROUND. PLUS, HE'S THE ONLY NATIONAL CANDIDATE.

Mr. Tinubu must not be president of this country. APC must not continue ruling us.

WHY TINUBU MUST NOT BE PRESIDENT? HE'S A BIGOT, HE IS SICK, HIS SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT, HIS QUESTIONABLE BACKGROUND, HIS AUTOCRATIC NATURE, HIS PARTY IS A DISASTER, MUSLIM-MUSLIM TICKET, ETC.

As for the other mushroom parties and their candidates, while we wish them all the best, we know for sure that their best will not be good enough to even win a state.

Major General Al-Mustapha (RTD) said the moment you're sworn in as Nigeria's president, efforts are already in place to oust you. We will not vote for any political nonentity simply because we think the sagacious one is allegedly corrupt.

We saw it with Jonathan and now Buhari. In fact till date, some people still believe that the real Buhari died years ago.
WE SAY NO TO A POLITICAL NONENTITY.

Atiku 2023

You need to have a sound quality education.

1 Like

Re: Obidients Dominate As Tinubu, Atiku Face Domestic Problems-premium Times by Validated: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2022
Next move is to push the boundary into the KKK states. We will be there by December, God willing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Won't Be Released~~fg / President Buhari Enjoys 24 Hours Heroism From PDP & LP Until Yesterday / Adam Oshiomhole Humiliated At NLC Conference Over Tinubu (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.