Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria (6003 Views)

BMW Does The Bottle Cap Challenge With A BMW M4 Coupé (Video) / A BMW Collector Decorates His Garage Wall With 2 Wrecked BMW M1 Sportcars / Angry Driver On Revenge Mission Flips Ford Escape SUV As He Tries To Hit A BMW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2022
judatech:

Is it BMW 3 series 2015?
And when I'm talking about fuel consumption...I'm actually after it cos i do a lot of interstate travel...so advise

From my experience with M40,m42,N42,N46 .
I'd have to just say straight six engines are the best ,they are even better for long distance travel

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

Only a maniac will buy this horrendous piece of sh*t for even 1m especially when it’s parked for long as I can tell. The owner wan transfer his frustration on one gullible greedy Nigerian.

That picture was taken when it had brain box issues ..it's now working well .we sometimes drive it home when we feeling too generous with fuel money

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:

I'm talking about normal series BMW .only few normal series have them v8 etc .
And he wasn't talking about amg too .

So A V8, V10, v12 engine BMW is now an abnormal BMW series?

Wetin Okoro no go see for Okokomaiko!
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

With that terrible orange colour backlight and cheap interior plastic trim that even faded and it’s write up peels off from switches, buttons and knobs?
I got news for ya mate, a toyota trim piece isn’t made of cheap brittle plastic and the write up don’t fade, then is the optitron cluster which is brilliantly made and legible both in the day and at night. Yes, they may look boring but they’re ergonomically well sorted out and balanced for functionality.

You're trying so hard to sound ridiculous and it's working .

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

So A V8, V10, v12 engine BMW is now an abnormal BMW series?

Wetin Okoro no go see for Okokomaiko!

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2022
Prevailing:

BMW 1 Series

I don't think so . 1 series can be compared to Benz A class .
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Conner44: 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2022
I like bmw’s look and stance cool

But you see that their orange/red light instrument cluster backlight ehn . . . IT IS A TOTAL TURNOFF FOR ME and the highest dealbreaker.

I hope they have stopped doing such on their newer models if not I’d never ever dream of owning a bmw vehicle

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 7:30pm On Oct 04, 2022
Conner44:

But you see that their orange/red light instrument cluster backlight ehn . . . IT IS A TOTAL TURNOFF FOR ME and the highest dealbreaker.

I hope they have stopped doing such on their newer models if not I’d never ever dream of owning a bmw vehicle

See BMW is the most modified car in the world with a ton of after market parts to play with .the light should not be an issue .
I've seen an e46 with android instrument cluster .
Baba stop capping please sad

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by olumzzz(m): 7:31pm On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

Isn’t Mercedes a luxury brand?
It’s used as a taxi in many parts of the world abs it fares very well.
That's an exception to the rule, not the rule
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Conner44: 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:

See BMW is the most modified car in the world with a ton of after market parts to play with .the light should not be an issue .
I've seen an e46 with android instrument cluster .
Baba stop capping please sad

Did it come like that from factory? grin must I mod before I get rid of it?

But seriously though, don’t tell me they still implement that orange cluster backlight even till their current generation models shocked even if they use it let it not be throughout the whole cluster and dash, that stuff looked irritating to me I swear undecided
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2022
Prevailing:
Me love the beamers, especially those with in line 6 M series

I think the m series stop having inline six on the e46
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2022
Conner44:

Did it come like that from factory? grin must I mod before I get rid of it?

But seriously though, don’t tell me they still implement that orange cluster backlight even till their current generation models shocked even if they use it let it not be throughout the whole cluster and dash, that stuff looked irritating to me I swear undecided
I think that orange back light and indicator
thing stoped at 2002 ..
And talking about yellow light on the instrument cluster .all cars I've driven and have come across have that yellow light if there's a fault .
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 8:08pm On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:

I think that orange back light and indicator
thing stoped at 2002 ..
And talking about yellow light on the instrument cluster .all cars I've driven and have come across have that yellow light if there's a fault .

Lies or you’re not updated on working on millennial bmws. Up till 2009 bmw still used that pesky yellow orange colour instrument cluster.

Yuck!

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Conner44: 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2022
Chai! Can you imagine undecided

Just See how ugly that red light made the dashboard look angry the worse it that they used it EVERYWHERE without even highlighting one or two spots

KAI! cry

That’s the only reason I hate bmw’s.
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

Lies or you’re not updated on working on millennial bmws. Up till 2009 bmw still used that pesky yellow orange colour instrument cluster.

Yuck!

I'm not too good with colours but that does not seem like yellow to me .
And you had to pick only the dash dash board lights to counter my point ok .

Wait I don vex you before ?

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2022
Conner44:
Chai! Can you imagine undecided

Just See how ugly that red light made the dashboard look angry the worse it that they used it EVERYWHERE without even highlighting one or two spots

KAI! cry

That’s the only reason I hate bmw’s.

Lol I don't think only dash board illumination can make a person just hate a brand .as that shit can even be changed .

Please stop the meat riding .it's funny
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2022
Conner44:

I've never really noticed that dash board lights thing .
But I remember driving cars like vw golf .vw toureg .opel zafira ,Honda Accord .Honda Element and sharan ..all had yellow lights on the dash .
I'm sure some Toyota have them .I've only driven some at noon .so I've never noticed .

People online are crazy tbh grin grin
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:

I'm not too good with colours but that does not seem like yellow to me .
And you had to pick only the dash dash board lights to counter my point ok .

Wait I don vex you before ?

2011 BMW F10 5 series angry

Cc: conner44

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:

But I remember driving cars like vw golf .vw toureg .opel zafira ,Honda Accord .Honda Element and sharan ..all had yellow lights on the dash .
I'm sure some Toyota have them .I've only driven some at noon .so I've never noticed .

Honda does white and blue mostly, VW does blue mostly, Toyota does White mostly

Na that stupid yeye South African spec Corolla and avensis Dey carry that orange gauge
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Siberia01(m): 9:44pm On Oct 04, 2022
grin
My dad's Peugeot 504 instrument cluster at night
Looked way better than the shity 2003 Camry and Corolla

3 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2022
Siberia01:
grin
My dad's Peugeot 504 instrument cluster at night
Looked way better than the shity 2003 Camry and Corolla

You no get any legit yarn to yarn.

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Conner44: 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:

Lol I don't think only dash board illumination can make a person just hate a brand .as that shit can even be changed .

Please stop the meat riding .it's funny

Whenever you’re sitting in a vehicle and driving, there are only two places your eyes are supposed to be.

1. The windscreens/windows to see where you’re going

2. Your instrument cluster on your dashboard to see your speedometer and warning/fault lights.

I have no issues with the number 1, is the number 2 that gets to me cry

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Conner44: 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

2011 BMW F10 5 series angry

Cc: conner44

Still ugly sad

why not highlight the numbers in the dials of the speedometer and rpm to be white and the needles to be the usual red? undecided

Why red throughout? It’s not nice to the eyes at night I swear. Maybe it will need some getting used to but I’d rather have the bulbs for the dials changed to white or light blue
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Conner44: 9:57pm On Oct 04, 2022
Antihelminth:

People spend 99% of their entire ownership life of a vehicle in its cockpit. If I was purchasing a car I’d look very closely at its dashboard and how comfy the seats and cargo space are before considering the body style and shape.

Any vehicle with red lights on its cluster will never be owned by me for a long period of time.

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2022
Conner44:

Still ugly sad

why not highlight the numbers in the dials of the speedometer and rpm to be white and the needles to be the usual red? undecided

Why red throughout? It’s not nice to the eyes at night I swear. Maybe it will need some getting used to but I’d rather have the bulbs for the dials changed to white or light blue

See 2005 Camry up and 2007 accord below. Maybe BMW should go learn how to make instrument cluster from the Japanese folks

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 10:08pm On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

See 2005 Camry up and 2007 accord below. Maybe BMW should go learn how to make instrument cluster from the Japanese folks

This is what the fellow Germans are doing with theirs too.
Top is VW Passat 2006
Bottom is Mercedes E350 2006

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by 735i(m): 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2022
I'm slightly bemused at the comments here.

The orange lights in the interior of the BMW is a deliberate design to minimize eye fatigue during night driving.

In developed nations where road safety is a thing, driving all through the night is quite normal.

White interior lights will strain the eyes way faster than the orange lights used by BMW.

The Germans know this. That's why MB, VW and Audi won't do that tacky white lights you'd see in Japanese cars.

It's actually amusing to see people compare the lighting and ambience of a 5 series to a Camry. Smh.

4 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2022
735i:
I'm slightly bemused at the comments here.

The orange lights in the interior of the BMW is a deliberate design to minimize eye fatigue during night driving.

In developed nations where road safety is a thing, driving all through the night is quite normal.

White interior lights will strain the eyes way faster than the orange lights used by BMW.

The Germans know this. That's why MB, VW and Audi won't do that tacky white lights you'd see in Japanese cars.

It's actually amusing to see people compare the lighting and ambience of a 5 series to a Camry. Smh.
2005 upwards Mercedes Benz used a shade of white instrument cluster. The top picture is from a W204, middle picture is from a 2012 Porsche Panamera and the bottom is from a 2015 bmw 7 series. It is safe to say bmw realized their silly error and switched to white abi?

It may interest you to know there is a brightness adjustment setting or knob in most cars for their instrument cluster.

Your excuse holds no water pls!

4 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2022
I’m done with the lame excuses bmw fan boys are trying to make

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by 735i(m): 11:19pm On Oct 04, 2022
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by 735i(m): 11:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
kingreign:

2005 upwards Mercedes Benz used a shade of white instrument cluster. The top picture is from a W204, middle picture is from a 2012 Porsche Panamera and the bottom is from a 2015 bmw 7 series. It is safe to say bmw realized their silly error and switched to white abi?

It may interest you to know there is a brightness adjustment setting or knob in most cars for their instrument cluster.

Your excuse holds no water pls!

You should have noticed by now that I deliberately never quote you or respond to your quotes.

But I'm going out of my way to politely ask you to NEVER quote me when you choose to exhibit your typical immaturity.

Please, do NOT quote me again.

I'd rather have civil conversations with people who can conduct themselves in public.

4 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 11:22pm On Oct 04, 2022
735i:

You should have noticed by now that I deliberately never quote you or respond to your quotes.

But I'm going out of my way to politely ask you to NEVER quote me when you choose to exhibit your typical immaturity.

Please, do NOT quote me again.

I'd rather have civil conversations with people who can conduct themselves in public.
Lol!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Transmissions Issues In 2005 Camry. Please Help! / What Is The Procedure For Renewing Vehicle Plate Number? / My Car Has A High Idle Rpm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.