Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria (5940 Views)

BMW Does The Bottle Cap Challenge With A BMW M4 Coupé (Video) / A BMW Collector Decorates His Garage Wall With 2 Wrecked BMW M1 Sportcars / Angry Driver On Revenge Mission Flips Ford Escape SUV As He Tries To Hit A BMW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2022
sooperrescue:

I never knew that you were among the public. I will mention you especially when I have Nissan issues to talk about. In case I might forget, please tell Sultan to remind you.
Incoherent gibberish again.
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by sexyto(m): 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2022
Antihelminth:

Owner is fixing it for his own security not that he has a connection to the car or enjoys driving it ..see .same as my assertion on the taxi drivers i.e driving it out of necessity.

I don't think fuel is a problem for BMWs except for the m versions which I'm not sure of .
You're right on looking for tees garage on the internet .people have made up thier minds about BMW in Nigeria .,south Africans like the brand .they are more open minded about the brand although BMW has a plant there and it's easier to get thier hands on new ones .I think that's the reason they don't take about that reliability bla bla bla
The major reason why most Nigerians may shy away from BMW is the availability of parts and professional hands to effect repairs,No body wants a sitting duck, moreover most Nigerians can't afford 2 or more cars.

4 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2022
kingreign:

With all due respect sir, pls, do you take time to proof read and try to understand what you type before posting it for public consumption?

No offense sir, your post makes no sense. Absolutely no sense!

cc: Heavenlybang.

You get time to dey follow am argue.

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 8:19pm On Oct 10, 2022
sexyto:

The major reason why most Nigerians may shy away from BMW is the availability of parts and professional hands to effect repairs,No body wants a sitting duck, moreover most Nigerians can't afford 2 or more cars.

Right .
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by sooperrescue(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

You get time to dey follow am argue.
E get. Person wey dey do Nissan, na motor be that? Op, there's no need to be comparing the BMW to the Japanese products. Thousands of miles apart. Invite Ben Okoh of Automedics so that he will tell a lot of people who want to learn about the BMW.
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by jceesquare(m): 10:05am On Oct 11, 2022
Antihelminth:

Don't be ridiculous. You can't see that happen because .cheap fake parts don't exist for BMWs..
Naaa!!!
There are cheap fake parts for all car brand
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by 9icetoo(m): 11:23am On Oct 11, 2022
jceesquare:

Naaa!!!
There are cheap fake parts for all car brand
cheesy
There are cheap fake knock offs for just about every car brand out there.

He is just starting.

He go soon learn.

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by thefarr: 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2022
LWKMD �����
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2022
thefarr:
LWKMD �����
Oga Mike is obviously still very bitter about the way he was booted out the group �����‍♂️
How many years was that?
Man is still triggered and rattling like an aimless submachine gun ���

Comparing a luxury sports with a midsized mid class family hauler is a new lowest level. Compare your shitty bmw with a Benz, Audi, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti Cadillac etc.

Fun fact, I was in 3 BMW WhatsApp group, and most comments were about how their cars broke down and always asking for prices of parts and also mechanics. It got to a stage where even the admin had to start using a toyota, I later discovered over 80% of the members of these group had toyota cars as daily drivers. Bmw fan my foot!
Bmw aficionado my ass!

Lol, obviously you were/are clueless. Stop insinuating what you know nothing about.
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by thefarr: 7:00pm On Oct 11, 2022
LWKMD ������
Oga Mike is obviously still very pained by the boot he got from the group. How many years now and you are still rattling like a loose submachine gun �
Stop it Mike. You are hurting the environment.

kingreign:

Comparing a luxury sports with a midsized mid class family hauler is a new lowest level. Compare your shitty bmw with a Benz, Audi, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti Cadillac etc.

Fun fact, I was in 3 BMW WhatsApp group, and most comments were about how their cars broke down and always asking for prices of parts and also mechanics. It got to a stage where even the admin had to start using a toyota, I later discovered over 80% of the members of these group had toyota cars as daily drivers. Bmw fan my foot!
Bmw aficionado my ass!

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by thefarr: 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2022
I was there. I know everything. �����‍♂️
Shalom.
kingreign:

Lol, obviously you were/are clueless. Stop insinuating what you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by lungwun(m): 5:05am On Oct 13, 2022
thefarr:
I was there. I know everything. �����‍♂️
Shalom.

We were all there.
We all know!

����

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by thefarr: 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2022
lungwun:

We were all there.
We all know!

����

The boys are coming out to play, with receipts but @kingreign has entered "limp mode".
Your rattling from now till thy kingdom come will never hurt BMW global sales.

LMFAO

3 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 2:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
thefarr:

The boys are coming out to play, with receipts but @kingreign has entered "limp mode".
Your rattling from now till thy kingdom come will never hurt BMW global sales.

LMFAO

K

As if your rambling has ever hurt a Corolla or Yaris sale whether brand new or in derelict condition!!!

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by thefarr: 7:06pm On Oct 14, 2022
kingreign:

K

As if your rambling has ever hurt a Corolla or Yaris sale whether brand new or in derelict condition!!!

Who is rambling over a Yota?

Go and rest, Baba Mike. It okay.

3 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 7:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
thefarr:

Who is rambling over a Yota?

Go and rest, Baba Mike. It okay.

K
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by sexyto(m): 3:43pm On Oct 16, 2022
[quote author=Antihelminth post=117449992]

Toyota boys have taken over your thread and killed it.
What do you have to say?
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 7:45am On Oct 18, 2022
[quote author=sexyto post=117610124][/quote]
Toyota people 1 : 0 me
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by sexyto(m): 11:07am On Oct 18, 2022
Antihelminth:

Toyota people 1 : 0 me
grin

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by sooperrescue(m): 11:54am On Oct 18, 2022
[quote author=sexyto post=117610124][/quote]

He allowed it. A thread grows with time and he should make the topic exciting years after. My Range Rover thread is over 10 years and people still wonder if the thread is still active. Pursue them away with english jargons. Na 2rz engines or 10 pins gear dem sabi.
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2022
sooperrescue:

He allowed it. A thread grows with time and he should make the topic exciting years after. My Range Rover thread is over 10 years and people still wonder if the thread is still active. Pursue them away with english jargons. Na 2rz engines or 10 pins gear dem sabi.
K
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by sexyto(m): 5:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
sooperrescue:

Well they just infested and killed the thread, best to focus and do away with the distractions. tongue

1 Like

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Antihelminth: 11:18am On Oct 29, 2022
When people start talking about BMW being unreliable ..they are people who would want to literally do this to their cars and expect seamless performance ...
Owner used cheap engine oil .and here we are grin

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by sexyto(m): 5:15pm On Oct 29, 2022
Antihelminth:
When people start talking about BMW being unreliable ..they are people who would want to literally do this to their cars and expect seamless performance ...
Owner used cheap engine oil .and here we are grin
What engine is This?
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by Kirkman: 11:31pm On Oct 29, 2022
sooperrescue:

Wrong assumption. The owner owns a Range Rover and he is fixing it because of Lagos traffic robbers so that they will not focus on him in traffic. The car is full options except for AC. It is going to cost over 200k to put back on the road. As for the BMW, it is a good car. My first ownership was 25 years ago, a 320 series and it was a gift but bringing it to Nigeria was not advisable then and still is. I had the privilege to service the BMW 5 series of the top echelon of the Nigerian Customs in Abuja years ago and it was not funny. Unfortunately for the brand, they have been forced out of the roads, no matter the performance. I only know Dr Ben of Automedics and the late Madmike who knows the car in and out. BMW, Audi, VW, Acura are building permanent structures in Mechanic workshops and Owode, Mercedes is following suit. Just move to Range Rovers. Nice too says lejeun is fixing the brand quietly without looking for tees garage on Nairaland, Instagram and Facebook. [b]Fuel is the major problem of the BMW [/b]and nothing else
This kalo kalo mechanic with false facts has come here again to expose his utter ignorance. Oga BMW has myriad of issues apart from fuel problem.
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by chukel(m): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2022
kingreign:

Only a maniac will buy this horrendous piece of sh*t for even 1m especially when it’s parked for long as I can tell. The owner wan transfer his frustration on one gullible greedy Nigerian.
you sound so bitter. Why?
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by chukel(m): 8:38am On Oct 30, 2022
kingreign:

Honda does white and blue mostly, VW does blue mostly, Toyota does White mostly

Na that stupid yeye South African spec Corolla and avensis Dey carry that orange gauge
every car manufacturer has its own identity and style. I really don't understand this hatred on this thread. Maybe there is more to it. What you find irritating may appeal to vast majority of people. Never seen any review that complained about those lights.
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by chukel(m): 9:21am On Oct 30, 2022
735i:

Note that I'm now on 217k miles. Got it at almost 200k miles.
This talk about reliability is really for people who do not know how to maintain their vehicles.
I can wake up at 3am and decide to hit Asaba without fears.
Some of your so called reliable cars will not dare.
How many Japanese cars in Nigeria are over 200kmiles without Christmas lights all over their dash?
impressive to see another BMW instrument cluster devoid of Christmas light. Below is mine.

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by sexyto(m): 1:59pm On Oct 30, 2022
chukel:
impressive to see another BMW instrument cluster devoid of Christmas light. Below is mine.
The idle is at .6,is not too low? Or is that ideal.
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by chukel(m): 3:27pm On Oct 30, 2022
sexyto:

The idle is at .6,is not too low? Or is that ideal.
that's normal. Idles smoothly. My Avalon is same too.
https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/what-ideal-rpm-idle-20654/
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by sexyto(m): 3:44pm On Oct 30, 2022
chukel:
That's really great, I hope the engine will be quiet.
Re: Awesome Reasons You Should Buy A Bmw In Nigeria by sexyto(m): 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2022
chukel:
BTW your 535i and the Avalon which is more fuel economical?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Automobile Electricity And Electronics Question And Answer Thread / Nissan To Recall Over 17,000 Units Of Infiniti QX30 / 6 Tips To Help Prevent A Car Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.