Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,384 members, 7,815,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? (19640 Views)

This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? / Can A Rented Apartment Contribute To The Downfall Or Growth Of A Tenant? / 7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by steeltrust: 4:50pm On Oct 04, 2022
If it me
Yes I can
As a matter of fact the place I’m currently staying in warri was renovated by

I spent close to 800k to fix the place to my taste and guess what the landlady increase my rent and said if I’m leaving I should remove what ever I did in the house

Na so e suppose be
Either the landlord add it to your rent or he/she increase it and take your things when leaving
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by Ihavethingstodo: 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2022
pocohantas:

Na Lagos Island na. Too many useless houses there. See school…

Obalende houses!!!!! And the prices you hear to rent those houses eh? Very outrageous

1 Like

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by INDOMIE9090(f): 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2022
Acidosis:

Ahahaha... These people will do anything for rent cheesy Middle floor with lemon colour ke grin

Nothing fit shock me again as far as Lagos landlords are concerned sha. See house like sliced bread. Perfect example for your illustration. cheesy
this kind house plenty for island no be small
I wonder how breeze won’t blow it off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by cigaricon(m): 4:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
I can't. If it's not my own house, then i just need it to lay my head... No need for all this

3 Likes

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by Ihavethingstodo: 4:55pm On Oct 04, 2022
How far I can go, to repaint the apartment and change toilet sits, shikina!

4 Likes

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by ecolime(m): 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2022
Acidosis:

Ahahaha... These people will do anything for rent cheesy Middle floor with lemon colour ke grin

Nothing fit shock me again as far as Lagos landlords are concerned sha. See house like sliced bread. Perfect example for your illustration. cheesy
One of the most popular houses on the Island. I always wonder how the occupants moved in their household items. Chairs, beds, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by Blue3k(m): 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2022
As far as my contract allows. Why would I do the landlords job. I'm not going to be reimbursed for any of that.

1 Like

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by phemmyfour: 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2022
pocohantas:
A Nigerian lady has stirred massive reactions with the renovation she did in a rented apartment.

Can you do this with a landlord/landlady’s approval? grin grin
she's not wise
House rent will double after two years

2 Likes

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by Stanweezy(m): 4:58pm On Oct 04, 2022
This post reminds me Oliver D'coque song

A man that planted flower in another person house

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by DaddyGngeess(m): 4:59pm On Oct 04, 2022
I can spend any amount to Behind up where I am leaving
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by Trill1(m): 5:01pm On Oct 04, 2022
As far as 2km shocked
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by Mirasteel: 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2022
pocohantas:

Say this kind tiny school no go collapse like this? hian!
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by Bigfish121(m): 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2022
Omo this is the same thing I am facing now.when I travelled,the pop in my kitchen collapsed and I have asked the landlord to fix it,he has been doing one kin.There are some certain things I can in the house but not major work.
My neighbour did full screeding of her room.i was shocked when I saw it ooo.omo everybody with e own.
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by Bigfish121(m): 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2022
That is total nonsense. Why will the landlady increase the rent without proper notice?Don't you have contract to the house?

steeltrust:
If it me
Yes I can
As a matter of fact the place I’m currently staying in warri was renovated by

I spent close to 800k to fix the place to my taste and guess what the landlady increase my rent and said if I’m leaving I should remove what ever I did in the house

Na so e suppose be
Either the landlord add it to your rent or he/she increase it and take your things when leaving

1 Like

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by Bhella5(m): 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2022
Bonaventura:
Very far... I'll remodel it to my state as far as it is allowed. This is where I live,its my home and its mine. I sleep here and wake up here.

If snake come inside na me e go see no be the landlord
If lion enter the house na me go dey there no be the landlord

This is the reason why we neglect government projects sited in our towns and communities because we always say it belongs to the government when it is we that benefit from it.
Eku ogbon Agba. You are very correct. We lack maintenance culture in this part.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by CheapHomes1: 5:32pm On Oct 04, 2022
pocohantas:

Okay. I take it that with this amount you would buy a land and put foundation? In which state?

Mostly In the north, rural areas or if you have inherited land
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by xynerise: 5:36pm On Oct 04, 2022
Pure foolishness. You could have use same money to get a better apartment of your taste
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by edosignature(m): 5:43pm On Oct 04, 2022
I'm currently looking for such tenants. I have a house block of Flat at Golden Heritage Estate Mowe Ogun state.

Kindly reply this post if interested & I'll den you my number & we move to see the estate of 3 bedroom flats & a maid room.

Hurry up.
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by Elxandre(m): 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2022
pocohantas:

This is just plain wickedness. Why was he so scorned??
Be like you never jam wicked landlord wey go show you pepper. grin
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by jeromestarks: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2022
sirBLUNT:
I can do this if I feel the house is not good enough for my taste, after all, na I go dey stay there, and if I'm okay with the location of the house why not?

Most of you saying she should have used the money to buy land are build her own house are just being funny and preposterous, una thing says to build a house na joke...

And if you can not take care of somebody's else house, you can't even take care of your own as well
Please shut up!
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by FuckDModz: 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2022
grin

Dumb Olosho.

Why not move to a better house with everything you want?

Btw that wooden shit in the kitchen will not last.
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by sirBLUNT: 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2022
jeromestarks:

Please shut up!
learn to mind your business, no be you go tell me wetin I fit do

1 Like

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by Nonexisting1: 5:54pm On Oct 04, 2022
The late Oliver De Coque wasn't stupid when he sang that tenants no suppose dey plant flowers for their yards. Na mumu dey renovate house wey no be im own.
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2022
pocohantas:

Even the Vikings built better houses than that nonsense grin
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by LienwaltAbel(m): 6:14pm On Oct 04, 2022
Acidosis:

Nawa oh

1 Like

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by southsouthking(m): 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2022
In Benin yes, but in Lagos, Mbanu.
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by budaatum: 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
pocohantas:
A Nigerian lady has stirred massive reactions with the renovation she did in a rented apartment.

Can you do this with a landlord/landlady’s approval? grin grin

Yes. Especially as it's a house I plan to live in for a while.

Learning and practising how to renovate the house of the landlord/landlady that I live in will increase my knowledge and ability to build my own house when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by GistFullGround: 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2022
Did you put everything writing?
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by BigYash: 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2022
Na when them go give her quick notice after a month,return her rent her mind go dey. The landlord go rent the place out again,at a higher amount....
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by MadamOk(f): 7:13pm On Oct 04, 2022
She made it to her own comfort
Re: Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? by dododawa1: 7:24pm On Oct 04, 2022
Cruise or free money in used

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tears As Fire Guts Ekiosa Market In Benin City / Material And Cost Of Plastering 100' X 50' Fence / What Is The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Buying A Land In An Estate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.