Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians (1043 Views)

NLC To Senators: Return Exotic Cars Or Face The Wrath Of Nigerians / Apostle Johnson Suleman Warn Gov El Rufai Not To Incur The Wrath Of God / Terrorists Incur Heavy Casualty In 2 Days Of Nigerian Military Operations - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by 3609ja: 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2011
Music duo, FOKN Bois made up of Wanlov the Kubolour and M3nsa has incurred the wrath of many, especially Nigerians, for their latest track Thank God We Are Not a Nigerians.

According several comments from social media, the lyrics of the song, recorded two weeks ago, is distasteful and insulting to Nigerians and must be banned immediately.

Part of the lyrics said: Kofi is a common name, that’s what even I say, But a Ghana man will never call a child Friday, Thank God we’re not Nigerians

You like school more than any African I’ve seen, Simple thirteen, you still say thirteen, Thank God we’re not a Nigerians…,

These and many more have opened the ‘flood gates’ of insults on several social media sites creating tension between the two brotherly nations.

But Wanlov the Kubolour, a member of the group has laughed off the attacks mounted on them saying there is nothing wrong with the song if only those bashing them know who they were.

Wanlov speaking in an interview with Myjoyonline.com said, “If people read deeply into the song, they will know what is really going on with the lyrics. First of all, we didn’t even tell one lie in the song.”

M3nsa’s wife, he disclosed “is Nigerian, so his daughter is also Nigeria. He is always eating eba [a lot of] Nigerian food; they have pounded yam and the rest. When am there that’s what I eat, I go to Lagos a lot, I have a lot of Nigerian friends and artistes. So we just did it in a certain jest.”

“If you are a Nigerian who knows FOKN Bois, then, you won’t be worried because you know that we love Nigeria more than the average Ghanaian. You have to know who we are to understand the song, if you just take the song as two people who are saying something then you will get angry, that one I can’t blame you.”

The words of the song, he stressed, are just for fun and if one pays close attention to it, the song is rather bashing Ghanaians stating, “Nigerians are very proud of their traditions, their accomplishments and so on and we look up to them. By us teasing them, we are really teasing ourselves, Ghanaians, because we wear more suits than the Nigerians.”

He said the song which was supposed to hype up fans ahead of the Ghana vs. Nigeria football match, scheduled for August 9 but was cancelled due to riots in London should be taken in good faith as there is nothing wrong with two 'brothers' teasing each other.

The song is part of several other ‘teasing’ songs on their yet to be released album, FOKN Wit U. The album is however expected to hit the market by close of year.

Wanlov and his Afro Gypsy band just returned to the country after what he tagged as a hugely successful European tour.
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:51pm On Aug 15, 2011
What these attention seeking upstarts need to do is firmly shove their pathetic explanation up their hairy black Ghanaian asses, and then FUC*K OFF!! back into obscurity. I'm getting sick of hearing about them and their so called 'expression of love' for Nigerians.

And who told these people Nigerians want the damn thing banned? shocked As if we don't have better things to do with our time. These fuc*king boys have an over-inflated opinion of themselves honestly.
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 16, 2011
^^^
At least they are retracing their steps and others will learn from their mistake.
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by londoner: 10:04am On Aug 16, 2011
The usual, "two faced" fake brotherly love Ghanaians have for Nigeria and its people.

They are not retracing their steps, they are trying to convince themselves that they have no wrong steps to retrace in the first place.

They are simply saying, what they said is true and therefore justified.

Its like making lyrics about Chinese "slanted eyes" or a White person rapping about the "big lips and noses" of Blacks.

The one with a Nigerian wife and daughter should be utterly ashamed of himself.
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 16, 2011
The one with a Nigerian wife and daughter should be utterly ashamed of himself

He sure should
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by Nobody: 4:19am On Aug 17, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

What these attention seeking upstarts need to do is firmly shove their pathetic explanation up their hairy black Ghanaian asses, and then FUC*K OFF!! back into obscurity. I'm getting sick of hearing about them and their so called 'expression of love' for Nigerians.

And who told these people Nigerians want the damn thing banned? shocked As if we don't have better things to do with our time. These fuc*king boys have an over-inflated opinion of themselves honestly.

why are you killing yourself, by yourself, with yourself, alone :/
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by Nobody: 4:22am On Aug 17, 2011
Nigerians should be ashamed of themselves for giving Ghanaians this much attention.

Ghana's economy is shooting up the roof, while Nigeria's economy is digging its own grave. Foolish Nigerians will only realize it when its too late that Ghanaians are using Nigeria/Nigerians to increase their international profile.

God bless the great nation of Ghana.
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by OmoLisabi(m): 5:24am On Aug 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Nigerians should be ashamed of themselves for giving Ghanaians this much attention.

Ghana's economy is shooting up the roof, while Nigeria's economy is digging its own grave. Foolish Nigerians will only realize it when its too late that Ghanaians are using Nigeria/Nigerians to increase their international profile.

How many times have the Ghana dude screw your honeypot that you have quickly forgotten that you are a Nigeria?
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I get your point, its such a pity. I saw a documentary on what Ghana intends to do with her oil with some Chinese construction behemoth. I wonder why Nigeria can't do same. Why can't Nigeria use her oil to exchange for goods and services only. Let our political office holders and civil servants be paid with money generated from other income source. What Nigerians do not know is that we have so much resources that has created a smoke screen on how bad our economy is. If only we could sit and analyse things.
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:00pm On Aug 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

^^^I don't understand your point as regards the bolded. You mean Nigerians should be ashamed of airing their opinions on what they think of attention seeking low-lifes that try to ridicule us with the sole aim of gaining publicity?? So how much attention is the 'right amount'?

Ghanas' economy may be shooting through the roof, while ours is digging its own grave as you say, but stating that on this thread is really going off on a tangent and has nothing to do with Nigerians expressing their feelings on the pathetic antics of some talentless nonentities.

Feel free to 'pack your bag; baggages and Ghana must go' and emigrate to Ghana if you so wish.

Nigeria may have its problems, but i'll be damned if i'm told i have to keep quite b'cos of it while outsiders pile on the abuse in the name of free speech and jesting: it goes both ways, and if you can't take it, then don't dish it out to others.
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by Gbawe: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^I don't understand your point as regards the bolded. You mean Nigerians should be ashamed of airing their opinions on what they think of attention seeking low-lifes that try to ridicule us with the sole aim of gaining publicity?? So how much attention is the 'right amount'?

Ghanas' economy may be shooting through the roof, while ours is digging its own grave as you say, but stating that on this thread is really going off on a tangent and has nothing to do with Nigerians expressing their feelings on the pathetic antics of some talentless nonentities.

Feel free to 'pack your bag; baggages and Ghana must go' and emigrate to Ghana if you so wish.

Nigeria may have its problems, but i'll be damned if i'm told i have to keep quite b'cos of it while outsiders pile on the abuse in the name of free speech and jesting: it goes both ways, and if you can't take it, then don't dish it out to others.

Well said. At the end of the day, which type of black man tells a fellow black man he should be ashamed of himself for agitating against the rants of a racist? Should a so called 'fellow black man' not understand that it is the right of those who have suffered discrimination to respond as they see fit? Na wa OO !!

Imagine a black friend , from your own Country , telling you his oyinbo boss is racially abusing him and you turn round to tell him to shut up and be grateful to the Oyinbo dude because the economy of his Country is better than the 'jungle' you are both from. It does not get more self-hating than that. Nigerians have done nothing wrong here other than react, and rightfully so , to an unprovoked attack. It is very sad , and an indication of the lost sense of patriotism and nationhood of Nigerians, that it is their own so called 'fellow' Nigerians who think they are shameful for reacting . Nonsense . Even more shameful when this so called Nigerian has not once condemned those behind this shameless provocation and rather turns round to praise them. I don't know when it is ever right to condemn the victim while praising the perpetrator to high heavens .
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2011
PROUD-IGBO and Gbawe, its a pity you people can't comprehend simple english and I do not mean it as an insult.
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by PROUDIGBO(m): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2011
blink182:

PROUD-IGBO and Gbawe, its a pity you people can't comprehend simple english and I do not mean it as an insult.

^^^No offence taken wink. Could you be so kind as to intimate Gbawe and i on what 'simple english' we can't seem to comprehend.

Cheers. smiley
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 17, 2011
All she said was that we should have ignored the song completely not out of shame but possibly more on the side of impunity because ghana any time any day no reach. They are a non issue. We are giving those losers a lot of publicity by shouting and roaring about it even to the extent that media houses are now interviewing them. If we had kept quiet, the song will never had seen day light or attracted any attention at all.
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:22pm On Aug 17, 2011
blink182:

All she said was that we should have ignored the song completely not out of shame but possibly more on the side of impunity because ghana any time any day no reach. They are a non issue. We are giving those losers a  lot of publicity by shouting and roaring about it even to the extent that media houses are now interviewing them. If we had kept quiet, the song will never had seen day light or attracted any attention at all.

Nice one. I'm more inclined to see reason with you than that self-hating woman that sees nothing wrong in belittling her own country, and justifying insults thrown at us.

Going by your defence of her, no Nigerian should voice an opinion when anything negative is said about us, so we don't give the issue more publicity than it deserves. I see your point (even though i don't buy it), but how pragmatic is that in this age of the internet, and with websites such as facbook; twitter and nairaland. Unless there's some centralised national body that determines what Nigerians can and shouldn't respond to, what you're asking for is impossible to acheive.

If you agree then that what you ask for is not implementable, we now come to the level of response and what would be considered a measured/level-headed reponse to these fuc*king boys and their song. So far the response by Nigerians have been limited to comments made on the internet through websites such as this one. Would you call that an over-reaction? I wouldn't. An over-reaction would be, say if the government had got involved and asked for the silly song to be banned, which hasn't happened.

So i think Nigerians have responded as they should have. And the resulting publicity the song has had so far is what the conniving twerps had hoped for.

What would be interesting is to see the next stunt these fuc*king boys will pull to sell their next album/single, b'cos let's face it, you can call them many things but 'talented' isn't one of them undecided.
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 17, 2011
Its a good thing you understand. There is no way we can be controlled by government as to expressing our thoughts. I really do not know the disposition of Ileke but if its as you've said, then its really pathetic.
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by Sicherheit(m): 3:56pm On Aug 17, 2011
Simple English - The Song was not worth all the energy that was poured into addressing its content. By the way, I think the writer read NL, some of the quotes used in the articles are from this thread undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-728064.0.html
Re: Ghana Musicians ,wanlov And M3nsa Incur Wrath Of Nigerians by emmke(m): 7:22pm On Aug 17, 2011
proud igbo boy am proud of u. weldone for standing for ur nation against outsiders and even self hating Nigerians

(1) (Reply)

Imo State Government Issued Bounced Cheques To Teachers / Ribadu Returning To Nigeria Today: Likely To Return To Efcc - Naijapundit / Is Fashola God? Or Are His Supporters Simply Sychophants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.