Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,248 members, 7,864,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:29 PM

Is Divorce Acceptable Under New Testament Christainity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Divorce Acceptable Under New Testament Christainity (938 Views)

The Context Is DIVORCE NOT POLYGAMY / My Thoughts About Christainity / Christainity And The Doctrine Of Not Marrying Two Wives. Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Divorce Acceptable Under New Testament Christainity by AllahIsDevil: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
All I know is the issue of divorce is clearly not defined in the bible. I understand Kobojunkie. He has rightly divided the word of God as it is written but there are some cases in our world that is not stipulated in the bible and such is the case of the OP. If the wife refuses to come back will the OP remain single for life while he is being tempted left and right. How will the OP get sexual satifaction. Should he get that outside marriage which is a sin against GOD.

So OP should seek the face of God in prayers to know what steps to take.
Re: Is Divorce Acceptable Under New Testament Christainity by Kobojunkie: 12:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
pappy2000:

my brother i have seek clarification and I can clearly tell you are wrong, firstly you dont understand the spirit of the Scripture. Firstly i married my wife as an unbeliever, dont heap more load than what the Lord has allow me to carry. you damn wrong and i believe in my spirit that I am right if i were to remarry, i will try to make last reconcillation move in the next coming days, the Bible doesnt say i should remain in bondage. thanks Mr righteousness. You dont understand the Scripture.
Here is homework for you to do for your own self.. undecided

1. Did Jesus Christ, in all of His time on earth, teach you or anyone, anywhere in His teachings that the religious leanings of your spouse matters as far as your relationship with Him and the Kingdom of God? undecided

2. Did Jesus Christ tell you that His teachings and commandments, the Truth of God, are to be weighed according to the leanings of what you refer to as your spirit? undecided

I already warned you that to become born-again is to potentially open oneself to the chances of Hellfire at the end since those who enter in to the Kingdom of God through the Broad gate that leads to destruction are also born-again - all of them. undecided
Re: Is Divorce Acceptable Under New Testament Christainity by Kobojunkie: 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2022
AllahIsDevil:
All I know is the issue of divorce is clearly not defined in the bible. I understand Kobojunkie. He has rightly divided the word of God as it is written but there are some cases in our world that is not stipulated in the bible and such is the case of the OP. If the wife refuses to come back will the OP remain single for life while he is being tempted left and right. How will the OP get sexual satifaction. Should he get that outside marriage which is a sin against GOD.

So OP should seek the face of God in prayers to know what steps to take.
Problem is a lot of you have the wrong idea as to what constitutes sin against God. undecided

In Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28, Jesus Christ clearly taught that it isn't when you fornication that you sin against God but the moment you think sexually lustful thoughts in your heart that you do. Even those who are virgins in addition to those who are marriage without fornication, can commit the sin taught by Jesus Christ so it is vain to insist marriage a cure for such sin. undecided

The way to avoid the sin of adultery as stated in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 is not by marrying every woman or person you have sexual thoughts of. Instead it is by gaining self discipline of the mental kind, something even Buddhists have been know to achieve, and this without a belief in God.
Re: Is Divorce Acceptable Under New Testament Christainity by pappy2000: 3:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Problem is a lot of you have the wrong idea as to what constitutes sin against God. undecided

In Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28, Jesus Christ clearly taught that it isn't when you fornication that you sin against God but the moment you think sexually lustful thoughts in your heart that you do. Even those who are virgins in addition to those who are marriage without fornication, can commit the sin taught by Jesus Christ so it is vain to insist marriage a cure for such sin. undecided

The way to avoid the sin of adultery as stated in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 28 is not by marrying every woman or person you have sexual thoughts of. Instead it is by gaining self discipline of the mental kind, something even Buddhists have been know to achieve, and this without a belief in God.

what are u suggest to remain unmarried for the rest of my life
Re: Is Divorce Acceptable Under New Testament Christainity by pappy2000: 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
what are u saying i mistakenly married the devil n u want me to continue or remain unmarried .
Re: Is Divorce Acceptable Under New Testament Christainity by TenQ: 3:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
pappy2000:
Please I bring this under religious section for a reason, this is my personal story, I am now a born again Christian who is separated from a woman that is far from ideal but deceived me, while we were dating i was just a lukewarm Christian who just try to fulfil righteous and tick the right boxes in society. Unfortunately for me, we got married then we separated after four months what was the cause of our separation was that she is plain stubborn who is over entitlement mentality is awful, I don't want to bore you so many intricacies, we got separated and her family tried to bring us back even though they are obviously supporting her, now fast forward two and the half years later we are separated living separatly, now i am heaven conscious but if i were to live in the flesh i will say i don't want to have anything to do with her again but due to the fact that i am now a born again Christian i called her and she said she is no longer interested. i honestly don't also want her but not my will but the will of my father be done , i have been searching the Scripture but with no clear answer about this, we are separated i cant say i have seen her cheating but this woman is ultra stubborn, she is just one big hell of a person, but cheating i doubt. please what does the Scripture say about such divorce i will apreciate yur input from a Christian babes
The bible give some directions about marriage , divorce and remarriage.

1. Permanence of Marriage.
He who marries anyone who is divorced commit adultery with her. Meaning that the divorce is NOT recognise in heaven
Mat 19:9:
"And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery."

2. There are only two exceptions to this
a. One of the couple commits adultery

Mat 5:32:
"But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery."

b. An UNBELIEVING spouse decide to walk away from the marriage.
1Cor 7:15:
"But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace."

At the end of the day , a Christian willing to please the Lord who finds himself/herself in a situation like this knowing the above should go with his conscience in the light of God's WORD!
Re: Is Divorce Acceptable Under New Testament Christainity by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
pappy2000:
what are u saying i mistakenly married the devil n u want me to continue or remain unmarried .
Mistakenly married the devil? Look, Marriage is defined as an agreement between a man and a woman. Once you enter that agreement, you are in marriage whether you then change your mind about that other person later or not. And I realize you know this fact since you opened this thread about divorce from marriage. undecided
pappy2000:
what are u suggest to remain unmarried for the rest of my life
I didn't write scripture nor the Gospel and Law of God in the Kingdom of God. I am simply sent out to teach it, as is, to everyone I am opportune to. So, if you have a problem with any of that commanded by Jesus Christ, I suggest you take it up with Him.. undecided
Re: Is Divorce Acceptable Under New Testament Christainity by orisa37: 4:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
Yes. You can not be UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH THE UNBELIEVERS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians: Be Careful... How I Was Almost Initiated. / Some Church Workers Refused My Entering Their Church To Worship This Morning. / Haitian Vodou Devil Pact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.