Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty (25210 Views)

Threads: See Elon Musk's Reply on Twitter's attempt to sue Meta / Facebook Changes Its Name To Meta In Major Rebrand / Samsung Sues Ksenia Sobchak, Ambassador For Using An Iphone X On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by GardenOfGod(m): 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
I prefer a tax payed not end up in bullion van of one or few politicians. That is what I prefer
mfm04622:

So, you preferred a foreign company cheat us of our taxes? If Buhari get them to be paying this tax and Obi wins (God forbid), won't he get the benefit? Won't his govt continue to collect the tax?

I don't understand how Nigerians hate Nigeria this much!

1 Like

Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by TheOgaBoss: 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
GardenOfGod:

That is the point. How many laws has your Buhari government obeyed since 2015?
Is ur candidate coming to run a lawless govt?
Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by GardenOfGod(m): 4:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
Okealaaye:

Yes o. And Obi is the right person to count the money to the last decimal point! He's adept at such things. Just look at how his left thumb and right index finger are holding the money. Dis one don de do am years before Azikiwe open Onitsha Main Market or even sef, before Okpara come open Upper Iweka road for public use. Make dis mouth no come kill porsin.
You should take Tinubu to a good rehabilitation centre. Man has been on drugs since in the 90s.

Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by GardenOfGod(m): 4:22pm On Oct 04, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
Is ur candidate coming to run a lawless govt?
You are deflecting on the question dude.
Just answer me so we continue the argument.
Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by seunny4lif(m): 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
because meta is supposed to pay taxes, like other companies do, and like they do in other countries.
Of course.
Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by Capitalismisasc: 7:38pm On Oct 04, 2022
Evergreen4:
Buhari want to cash out through Facebook
cheesy BROS YOU GET BADMOUTH
Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by Kaymaxine(m): 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2022
Na money for campaign dem dey find...
BTW...where is lailai Muhammad
Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by chrixtoimoh: 11:07pm On Oct 04, 2022
Simple charge same amount on the country users.
Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by CICONTOP(m): 1:51am On Oct 05, 2022
You do have a serious point their. FG is definitely not wrong here.
Authority1o1:
Okay...

To add, Meta seriously needs to review its privacy and advertising policy. I'd not prejudice the FG on the precedent of their Twitter ban because truly, these American companies exhibit their authoritarian control of people's information by incorporating their devices and sites with technologies that steal your information in the background while letting you believe you're in control by fronting their phony 'privacy control' action.

The adverts that you see pop up on your phone or when using the internet are suggested by your usage history and preference.

For instance, even though I am keen about politics, I almost threw up when an ad brought up the face of Tinubu with a 'vote for the right man' tag on it. I lost appetite for the evening meal before me while being thankful that no child was looking at my screen.

I can't handle convulsions.
Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by BluntCrazeMan: 2:36am On Oct 05, 2022
HonNL:

[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-fg-sues-meta-seeks-30bn-penalty/%3famp]SOURCE [/url]
This ARCON would fail to establish themselves properly at the court of law, and the case would be lost as usual.

Senseless FG
Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2022
HonNL:

[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-fg-sues-meta-seeks-30bn-penalty/%3famp]SOURCE [/url]

Cheap shot low ballers

When it comes to national policies and the security of lives and properties, they will not act decisively.

All they know is how to be divisive. How to take away food from the tables of Nigerians.

All the stupid posts of that old monkey riding a stationary bike without resistance, who vetted and approved it before posting.

Awon oloriburuku eyan.
Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by megareal: 11:04am On Oct 05, 2022
In essence, what Arcon is targeting is the regular folks who advertise on social media. They want to exploit us by slamming vetting fees down our throats. Bunch of hungry beasts.
Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by Faithworld1(m): 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2022
Actually, I was surprised to read about the lawsuit Here.
Just wondering if it weren't for loss of revenue, what other reason could be given for such a lawsuit? It seems the major interest is not Nigerians but the revenue generated by Nigerians. This is my personal opinion.
Re: Facebook: Nigeria Sues Meta, Seeks ₦30 Billion Penalty by OsazeDee(m): 10:39pm On Oct 05, 2022
casualobserver:

use your heads, you can hate the government but be patriotic. Why should a foreign company make money in Nigeria without following the rules or evading fees and taxes? Government gets revenue from advertsing fees among other areas why should Nigerian companies pay and be subjected to regulation while foreign companies evade?

Sorry, we don’t have to be sentimental about this. We don’t have to be diplomatic about saying the truth also. The government in play here is incapable of generating a system that will make the nation work. Almost everything is failing if not everything.

There are lots of grants out there for citizens through NGOs and other providers but I guess you are not aware because the funds are directly being funneled into the purse of few people.

What guarantee do we have that necessary dues, taxes and fines will get to you directly or indirectly?
Will you in any way benefit from it?

I get that no one is above the law but don’t forget that a lot of Nigerians depend of this as a means of survival.
I don’t do digital marketing but I know people who do that for a living. They get enough to keep them off the streets. They don’t steal or do fraud and somehow, they earn and spend in the country and and for that, they are taxed directly or indirectly which means the government in a way still benefit from their citizens using the platform. Now if this goes out of control and somehow we are restricted access to selling and buying through Facebook, Whatsapp and others, now WHAT BETTER OFFER DOES THE GOVERNMENT HAVE FOR US??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Best Android Launchers / Xiaomi Redmi 7 Unboxing And Full Review.Default Camera vs GCAM + Price (photos) / Check Out How To Connect Your Xender With Pc And Transfer Files

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.