Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

How To Receive God's Word Like Children - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Receive God's Word Like Children (218 Views)

8 Important Ways To Receive God's Divine Transformation As Christians / There Is No Such Word Like Hell Fire In The Bible, They Were Never Used Together / It's Seems Like Atheist Think Like Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Receive God's Word Like Children by topshore(f): 12:39pm On Oct 04, 2022
Scripture Text: Luke 18:15-17

"People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.' And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them." — Mark 10:13-15 (NIV).

What exactly did Jesus have in mind when He said this? He was really specific with children in response to the disciples’ impudent behavior and the attitudes they displayed. They had been arguing about which of them “was the greatest” (9:34). Then they had exhibited a narrow, exclusionary spirit in complaining to Christ about the person driving out demons in Jesus’ name because he was not “one of us” (v. 38). They were also trying to prohibit the little children from coming to Jesus. Putting it all together, we can conclude that they were probably ignorant, calculating, controlling, self-centered, exclusive and prideful, or otherwise.

Let's examine some of the characteristics children possess that made Jesus Christ specific about them.

A child receives:

- Simply, not over-analyzing

- Open-mindedly, with no pretentiousness

- Trustly, with complete dependency.

- Joyfully, without thinking of the correct response

- Loudly, kids are not quiet and definitely not silent

- With fun and laughter, not dull or dour

- Humbly, asking for help and knowing they don’t have all the answers

- Once they receive, kids can’t help but talk about it to anyone who will listen.

Jesus presented a gentle openness to the children. He touched them with compassion and protected them from others. We are called to follow Jesus’ example. Children are not irrelevant, little beings to be discarded. They are to be valued, loved and shown compassion. In an act of kindness, Jesus laid His hands on the children and blessed them. Children are not irrelevant in His kingdom. They are valuable. Jesus is equally accessible to every individual, regardless of age, gender, nationality or social status. Eternal life is available to everyone.

Children, in their weakness and vulnerability, have much to teach us as adults. As we grow, the hardness of the world often makes our hearts callous. Children have a humble openness to the message of Jesus and the salvation He offers. We can learn from their vulnerability.

This leads us to the question: How well do we receive the kingdom of God, and how we share it with others?

God has promised us that we will inherit the kingdom. So the crux of the matter is to receive God’s grace and his promises for the kingdom to come like a child: humbly, simply, loudly, joyfully, and to share it with others.

If you would like to give your life to Christ, just say this short prayer:

"Lord Jesus, come into my life, take control of my life and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil, I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus, in Jesus name I pray, amen".

Congratulations!!!

God bless you.

Peace!

Ref: citeschurch.com; compassion.com; opelikaobserver.com

(1) (Reply)

A Most Powerful Prayer / This Portion Of The Scripture, 2 Thess 2:9-12, Should Wake You Up. / True Riches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.