Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

What A Father Told His Daughter A Day Before Her Wedding - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What A Father Told His Daughter A Day Before Her Wedding (322 Views)

The Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Twerking (photos) / Parents Buy Daughter A Car For Her Graduation As A Doctor In South Africa (Photo / What A Father Told His Daughter A-day Before Her Wedding - Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Father Told His Daughter A Day Before Her Wedding by Ginikachi101(m): 8:52am On Oct 06, 2022
* What A father Told his Daughter A Day Before her Wedding*
My Daughter, tomorrow, you will stop bearing my name: you will be happily married to the man you love.
Well, I have fulfilled my purpose, it is now your time to start fulfilling yours.
From your childhood, I have raised you well by the grace of God but before you say I do, there are few things I need to tell you about living with a man and being married.
Do you remember when you wrote your WAEC exams? You came to me, and I gave you money for the registration? Well, even though I gave it to you the money was not mine. I know you thought I paid the waec fees. The truth is, I was broke, but your mother gave me the money.
She could have given it to you by herself, but she decided to give it to me to give to you.
Support your husband: sometimes things will get tough...he will be frustrated even though he acts tough, but in his mind, he has fears...he fears you may not value him anymore because he has fallen on the ground. That is the time to get behind him and support him.
The best way to show your husband you love him is to respect him. You may argue with him, you may as well disagree with him, but at the end of the day, let him know he has your respect.
Do you remember the day I screamed at your mother? What did she do? She was quiet. Do you also remember the day your mother screamed at me? What did I do? I kept quiet. My daughter learn to be quiet sometimes when your husband is angry. When one person is hot, the other person should be cold. If the two of you are always screaming at each other the same time, then it won't be long trouble sets in.
The first thing to know about your husband is his favorite food. And if he has more than one, keep it at the back of your hand. Do not let him be the one demanding for it. Prepare it for him most often.
You see, sometimes, silence brings better solutions than fight. Do not expect your marriage to be like those Zee world romantic movies you watch. Fiction is actually different from reality.
Forget about those romantic novels you read while you were 18years... married life is not actually like that. The reality of life is quite different from fictional experience.
Lastly my daughter, never deny your husband of his night food (you know what I mean) no matter how tired or exhausted you might be except he understands you that way. Know that marriage is a learning institution, you learn every day until the day you graduate...bear this in mind, the person you are living with is a human being therefore expect mistakes and shortcomings from him and give him advance forgiveness...if you follow my advice, you will live happily with your newfound love.
#betteringmarriagerelationships
#betteringlives
Re: What A Father Told His Daughter A Day Before Her Wedding by incandescentena: 8:52am On Oct 06, 2022
tongue
Re: What A Father Told His Daughter A Day Before Her Wedding by Mindlog: 9:04am On Oct 06, 2022
Another essay cheesy.
Re: What A Father Told His Daughter A Day Before Her Wedding by Fahvvy: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2022
This is a very good read OP....

Thanks for sharing, but you and i know that the average 21st century female will not take this advice undecided...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Father Told His Daughter A Day Before Her Wedding by Jeon(f): 10:21am On Oct 06, 2022
grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Job For Age 18 To 25 (Part time job) / Factchecking: Video Of Man Dumping Bride On Way Back From Church Wedding Is FAKE / Cast9ja 70-year-old Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To A Bouncing Baby Boy After 40

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.