Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,641 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Ghana Is A No! No!! - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana Is A No! No!! (4308 Views)

As a Nigerian Living In Ghana, Is It Possible To Travel To Europe / Earning 150k In Ghana,is It Okay With The Standard There? / Accra Ghana Is Not What You Think! Whats Inside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Eleyigidgan: 8:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:
Whatever you are going through in Nigeria, that makes you want to japa, please do not consider coming to Ghana. This place is 2x worse than Nigeria. First their economy is trash resulting to the hike in price of items and services. Imagine you are buying one can Fanta for 250 Naira in Nigeria. You are going to pay 700(10ghc Lana cedis) for that can Fanta. This is just an example. Just know that whatever you are buying the price is times 3 here. The only advantage is that they have constant electricity. Which is not very expensive. I can use 20 Ghana cedis(2k naira) light for one month. So if you have the thought of coming to Ghana. Please change your mind. Ghana is too rough at the moment especially for those who does not have a fix source of income. Also know this, there is no jobs for foreigners
an old friend invited me to Ghana, says he has a job for me that pays 3,500 ceedis which is equivalent to 250,000 naira.
But however i need to send him my personal details including NIN, passport, bank details and other personal information so he'll help me run the job then as soon as it's successful I'll send him 300k to help me process accomodation an visa
i'm scared
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by plantainbender(m): 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2022
LOL. You win. smiley cheesy

businesshub101:
Thanks for arriving at same consensus

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by mariahAngel(f): 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
an old friend invited me to Ghana, says he has a job for me that pays 3,500 ceedis which is equivalent to 250,000 naira.
But however i need to send him my personal details including NIN, passport, bank details and other personal information so he'll help me run the job then as soon as it's successful I'll send him 300k to help me process accomodation an visa
i'm scared

Abort mission!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2022
You won
plantainbender:
LOL. You win. smiley cheesy

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2022
If you try it, you’re on your own.

You’re on your way to become 300k poorer.

Eleyigidgan:
i'm scared

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by ednut1(m): 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2022
Eleyigidgan:
i'm scared
cheap scam.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by plantainbender(m): 9:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
"...aza man, every other day is aza man..." cheesy

Eleyigidgan:
i'm scared
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by adebimpe4bako: 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2022
Go to Ghana but don’t drink Fanta It’s simpleGo to Ghana but don’t drink Fanta It’s simple...
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by okeysoninv: 9:08am On Oct 07, 2022
when we are paying electricity bill of 20k with no light . Ghana is really cheap with electricity bill(1400). banku is #70 where will you find food #200 in Nigeria?every place has its pros and cons

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by 9182736455O1999(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
mariahAngel:

Wetin HK mean abeg?
Hk is Hustle Kingdom

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by mariahAngel(f): 4:05pm On Oct 07, 2022
businesshub101:
If you try it, you’re on your own.

You’re on your way to become 300k poorer.

Worse than that.
They probably want to "use" his identity for crime.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by mariahAngel(f): 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
okeysoninv:
when we are paying electricity bill of 20k with no light . Ghana is really cheap with electricity bill(1400). banku is #70 where will you find food #200 in Nigeria? every place has its pros and cons

Don't exaggerate.
N200 fried yams will fill you up.

Sweet potatoes, beans, eggs...these foods are still cheap in Nigeria.
2 big eggs sell go for N150.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
That’s true from your point of view.

Identity theft is even worst, cause they can use his identity anytime they please

mariahAngel:

Worse than that.
They probably want to "use" his identity for crime.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by mariahAngel(f): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2022
businesshub101:
That’s true from your point of view.

Identity theft is even worst, cause they can use his identity anytime they please

After which, he'd likely end up in jail for a crime(s) he didn't commit.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2022
So true.

mariahAngel:

After which, he'd likely end up in jail for a crime(s) he didn't commit.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by okeysoninv: 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2022
mariahAngel:

Don't exaggerate.
N200 fried yams will fill you up.

Sweet potatoes, beans, eggs...these foods are still cheap in Nigeria.
2 big eggs sell go for N150.
depends on where you are , come to Port Harcourt or owerri and see if you can buy food for #500. people that always antagonizing Ghana. forget there are areas Ghana is better than Nigeria . everything is not buy fanta or beer. note. big eggs is more than #90 per one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
You’ve said it all bro.

Seriously speaking things are cost everywhere, just pray where ever you are there should be money to afford the needs of life.

In my area in Ikorodu Lagos, I just came back from Ghana, 3 eggs sell for 250.

In my place in Ghana, I don’t buy food outside, I buy my raw food, come home and cook, very economical. I don’t buy drinks outside, I prefer sobolo (zobo) to those drinks.

It’s better to have opportunity cost, forgone alternatives and scale of preferences.

okeysoninv:
depends on where you are , come to Port Harcourt or owerri and see if you can buy food for #500. people that always antagonizing Ghana. forget there are areas Ghana is better than Nigeria . everything is not buy fanta or beer. note. big eggs is more than #90 per one.
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by gimakon2(m): 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
The only African country better than Nigeria is south Africa. If you go to any african country in the name of migration na you know o. I used to assume Nigeria was the worst country on earth. When I went to liberia I started thanking God I was born in NIgeria.

You need to travel to Namibia, Tunisia , Algeria and Botswana and then Zambia, especially Botswana and Zambia, I am 100% sure you would have a second say. When you visit St. Helena, you would understand you have been missing a lot with the Africa you speculate ...
St. Helena for instance uses the St. Helena Pound => Equivalent to the great British pound! That is the new Eldorado. Congo was supposed to be the Wakanda and the Eldorado , but greed and co, made them loose it.
A lot of things you do not know sha..
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2022
gimakon2:

You need to travel to Namibia, Tunisia , Algeria and Botswana and then Zambia, especially Botswana and Zambia, I am 100% sure you would have a second say. When you visit St. Helena, you would understand you have been missing a lot with the Africa you speculate ...
St. Helena for instance uses the St. Helena Pound => Equivalent to the great British pound! That is the new Eldorado. Congo was supposed to be the Wakanda and the Eldorado , but greed and co, made them loose it.

Excluding tunisia and algeria I dont need to travel to know that the other mentioned countries are all shithole. Extreme high unemployment rates and poverty. Botswanans that are running to South Africa to work. Isnt it Namibia that has the highest unemployment rate in the world with Nigeria being second.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2022
gimakon2:

Excluding tunisia and algeria I dont need to travel to know that the other mentioned countries are all shitholes. Extreme high unemployment rates and poverty. Botswanans that are running to South Africa to work. Isnt it Namibia that has the highest unemployment rate in the world with Nigeria being second.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Chigorkizz(m): 10:27pm On Oct 08, 2022
African countries is no go area for me.
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Warmaterial(m): 2:09am On Oct 09, 2022
Na person wey never chi chomtin... As the Op dey try pass a very gud msg to u guys, but some of una take am as a debate even dey change am foram... OK, oga/madam travel ghana and see...u never chi chomtin... Until then I close my mouth...

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Wilson500: 2:39am On Oct 09, 2022
All these complains about Nigerians in diaspora discouraging others from migrating to their country of residence is a load of horse shit
Nigerians naturally like hearing only the good side of japa and not the challenges that comes with it
Its better to be aware of the challenges you might encounter in the country you intend to migrate to and equip yourself on how to tackle them than being taken unawares when you get there
You people should stop coming here to lament
They are not your village people
Person wey wan travel go still travel irrespective of the challenges

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by cutieme(m): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
Ghana have never been a choice of destination. Infact Nigeria is the best country when it comes to food cost as well as Asian.. If you want to enjoy Japa enter Asian countries but have a strategic plan ahead. Such as school in South Korea or Japan. Teaching in Thailand or Indonesia and Vietnam
Have you been to Vietnam or Indonesia or Thailand for teaching?
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by MatrixReloaded: 1:00pm On Oct 09, 2022
cutieme:

Have you been to Vietnam or Indonesia or Thailand for teaching?
Yes I'm currently living in Indonesia Jakatar precisely and I will be flying to Bangkok in couple of months time and my Telf certificate gives me thr privileged to teach as a remote worker
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Gerrard59(m): 1:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
Ehismarkninetee:
Whatever you are going through in Nigeria, that makes you want to japa, please do not consider coming to Ghana. This place is 2x worse than Nigeria. First their economy is trash resulting to the hike in price of items and services. Imagine you are buying one can Fanta for 250 Naira in Nigeria. You are going to pay 700(10ghc Lana cedis) for that can Fanta. This is just an example. Just know that whatever you are buying the price is times 3 here. The only advantage is that they have constant electricity. Which is not very expensive. I can use 20 Ghana cedis(2k naira) light for one month. So if you have the thought of coming to Ghana. Please change your mind. Ghana is too rough at the moment especially for those who does not have a fix source of income. Also know this, there is no jobs for foreigners

Yet a Nigerian wants to attend Ashesi University for his master's in mechatronics with the aim of getting a job in Ghana.

Nna eh
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Gerrard59(m): 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Gerrard59(m): 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2022
gimakon2:

https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/unemployment-rate?continent=africa

A lot of those countries you mentioned have high unemployment rates. The vast majority of Nigerians who japa are not going or aiming to be entrepreneurs within their first few years of being in a new country. So starting a business is ruled out as it cost a lot to start a business as a new immigrant.

As for St. Helena, it is a British colony just like Bermuda, and if Namibia which depends on tourism can have a high unemployment rate. Then that of St. Helena would be astronomical considering how remote the island is. Even the airport cannot accommodate an Ibom Airlines aircraft. Haba! Fear God na! Just because she uses the British Pound does not mean the country is worth migrating to. I have even ruled it out for tourism because "only the best pilots flying Embracer jets can land there".

Which kind place be that?! undecided

As for Congo, well, none of the Congos had the potential to be worth anything useful. So, why are you expecting any to be a Wakanda?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by cutieme(m): 7:07pm On Oct 09, 2022
MatrixReloaded:

Yes I'm currently living in Indonesia Jakatar precisely and I will be flying to Bangkok in couple of months time and my Telf certificate gives me thr privileged to teach as a remote worker
Pls do you mind dropping me your email or contact so as I could reach you for a private discussion,thanks.
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by MatrixReloaded: 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2022
cutieme:

Pls do you mind dropping me your email or contact so as I could reach you for a private discussion,thanks.
I no dey share private email here buy you can send me a DM...
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Tonim(f): 8:11pm On Oct 09, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

When I went to liberia I started thanking God I was born in Nigeria.

Really? Na waa ooh grin

What did you experience there?
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by cutieme(m): 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2022
MatrixReloaded:

I no dey share private email here buy you can send me a DM...
My dm doesn't work,pls
I'd like to know more about the teaching jobs there in Indonesia,how one could get the opportunity to move there ,the requirements and the take home pay, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Importance Of Acquiring A Second Passport For A Young Nigerian / Travel Section Game / I Want To Know What Nigeria Looks Like. Post Character Of Nigeria Citizens And

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.