Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 PM

Ghana Is A No! No!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ghana Is A No! No!! (4278 Views)

As a Nigerian Living In Ghana, Is It Possible To Travel To Europe / Earning 150k In Ghana,is It Okay With The Standard There? / Accra Ghana Is Not What You Think! Whats Inside? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghana Is A No! No!! by Ehismarkninetee: 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2022
Whatever you are going through in Nigeria, that makes you want to japa, please do not consider coming to Ghana. This place is 2x worse than Nigeria. First their economy is trash resulting to the hike in price of items and services. Imagine you are buying one can Fanta for 250 Naira in Nigeria. You are going to pay 700(10ghc Lana cedis) for that can Fanta. This is just an example. Just know that whatever you are buying the price is times 3 here. The only advantage is that they have constant electricity. Which is not very expensive. I can use 20 Ghana cedis(2k naira) light for one month. So if you have the thought of coming to Ghana. Please change your mind. Ghana is too rough at the moment especially for those who does not have a fix source of income. Also know this, there is no jobs for foreigners

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by mariahAngel(f): 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2022
Nigeria have always been better than Ghana, but I love how we complain a lot, to keep our leaders on their toes. cheesy

If you wan oppress us, we go frustrate your ancestors dye!
Leader wey say the people no go enjoy, him sef no go rest.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Olojuobinrin(m): 4:19pm On Oct 06, 2022
Omo and I be dey plan wan come join HK

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by MatrixReloaded: 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
Ghana have never been a choice of destination. Infact Nigeria is the best country when it comes to food cost as well as Asian.. If you want to enjoy Japa enter Asian countries but have a strategic plan ahead. Such as school in South Korea or Japan. Teaching in Thailand or Indonesia and Vietnam

6 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by NotBeenPaid: 4:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
Olojuobinrin:

Hellfire Kingdom?

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
Let everyone go to where they find happiness. You’ve said the truth about Ghana, but do not discourage people from coming. 1001 Nigerians are there making it despite the hardship.

Even in Nigeria, things are hard.
If you fit survive for Naija, you go survive for Ghana.

Ehismarkninetee:
Whatever you are going through in Nigeria, that makes you want to japa, please do not consider coming to Ghana. This place is 2x worse than Nigeria. First their economy is trash resulting to the hike in price of items and services. Imagine you are buying one can Fanta for 250 Naira in Nigeria. You are going to pay 700(10ghc Lana cedis) for that can Fanta. This is just an example. Just know that whatever you are buying the price is times 3 here. The only advantage is that they have constant electricity. Which is not very expensive. I can use 20 Ghana cedis(2k naira) light for one month. So if you have the thought of coming to Ghana. Please change your mind. Ghana is too rough at the moment especially for those who does not have a fix source of income. Also know this, there is no jobs for foreigners

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
Of all hinge, see Wetin u wan come do for Ghana.

Modern day slavery.

Olojuobinrin:

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2022
The only African country better than Nigeria is south Africa. If you go to any african country in the name of migration na you know o. I used to assume Nigeria was the worst country on earth. When I went to liberia I started thanking God I was born in NIgeria.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Weirdcamila: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
Go to Ghana but don’t drink Fanta
It’s simple

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
I love this bro.

Even as at 2017 when a bottle of club (beer) in Ghana was around 5cedis and a bottle of trophy was sold 200naira, Nigerians in Ghana we’re still buying crates of club beer in Ghana.

Simple, if you find things expensive in Ghana, avoid those things, things are also expensive in Nigeria.

Nah everywhere things expensive.

Weirdcamila:
Go to Ghana but don’t drink Fanta
It’s simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Olojuobinrin(m): 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

Hellfire Kingdom?
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by KristaPretty(f): 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2022
You know what irritates me about Nigerians?
The fact that they are somewhere and discourage people from coming there, citing 1001 silly and rubbish reasons why Nigerians should not be in same location or country as the complainant.

Oh please! Allow people prosper and flourish where they feel. You are in no position to discourage them. A million and one Nigerians are making progress and very happy there in Ghana - it's your problem if you are unsuccessful and not progressing over there. Allow others try. Simple as that!
I do not look at people's review of countries as we all have different experiences.
Some people I know personally never could afford three square meals until they went to same Ghana and discovered their potentials. All doing well

Others who went there and didn't have the wisdom to discover how to make money decently having seen certain opportunities end up whining and crying on nairaland.

Allow people and face your problems yourself.

Additionally it is very insensitive of you comparing the currency. Fanta in Ghana is 10cedis, not 700 naira. Fanta in Nigeria is 150naira, not 10cedis. When you learn to apply this principle of sticking to your currency and never compare except when you want to exchange, half of your whining and lamenting will be taken care of.

Good Evening

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by plantainbender(m): 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2022
If I start to narrate my GH experience ehn, fifty books on Amazon no go fit contain am.

*Do NOT japa to Ghana if you don't have accommodation sorted or atleast have a relative/friend that can help you with shelter.

*If you didn't go to school in Gh (high school/tertiary), forget getting a job in Gh, especially as a Nigerian.

*Things expensive die, especially if you're not a fan of 1cedi Banku and Ampele; koko and kose

*Your nationality as a Nigerian automatically sets you up for beef especially if you're thriving.

See ehn, list is endless.

Regardless of all these I've listed, There are thousands of Nigerians thriving in Ghana. Different strokes for different folks.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Disembark: 4:50pm On Oct 06, 2022
Olojuobinrin:

Guy no try am oooo

I know a guy who nearly lost his life
Just 5months in Ghana

Them da feed them once a day

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by mariahAngel(f): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
The only African country better than Nigeria is south Africa. If you go to any african country in the name of migration na you know o. I used to assume Nigeria was the worst country on earth. When I went to liberia I started thanking God I was born in NIgeria.

grin grin
I never thought I'd read something positive about Nigeria from you.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by mariahAngel(f): 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2022
Olojuobinrin:

Wetin HK mean abeg?
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2022
First Lady out here saying pure truth.

I pray whatsoever you believe in work for you dear.

We still got rational babes out here oh.

KristaPretty:
You know what irritates me about Nigerians?
The fact that they are somewhere and discourage people from coming there, citing 1001 silly and rubbish reasons why Nigerians should not be in same location or country as the complainant.

Oh please! Allow people prosper and flourish where they feel. You are in no position to discourage them. A million and one Nigerians are making progress and very happy there in Ghana - it's your problem if you are unsuccessful and not progressing over there. Allow others try. Simple as that!
I do not look at people's review of countries as we all have different experiences.
Some people I know personally never could afford three square meals until they went to same Ghana and discovered their potentials. All doing well

Others who went there and didn't have the wisdom to discover how to make money decently having seen certain opportunities end up whining and crying on nairaland.

Allow people and face your problems yourself.

Additionally it is very insensitive of you comparing the currency. Fanta in Ghana is 10cedis, not 700 naira. Fanta in Nigeria is 150naira, not 10cedis. When you learn to apply this principle of sticking to your currency and never compare except when you want to exchange, half of your whining and lamenting will be taken care of.

Good Evening

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
Home of Knowledge

It’s a decoy word used for yahoo yahoo apprenticeship.

You Ghana is relatively peaceful coupled with stable electricity and less police wahala, so a lot of our Edo and Delta brothers see Ghana as a place to rent apartments and import boys to teach them the yahoo yahoo trade.

mariahAngel:

Wetin HK mean abeg?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by mariahAngel(f): 5:37pm On Oct 06, 2022
businesshub101:
Home of Knowledge

It’s a decoy word used for yahoo yahoo apprenticeship.

You Ghana is relatively peaceful coupled with stable electricity and less police wahala, so a lot of our Edo and Delta brothers see Ghana as a place to rent apartments and import boys to teach them the yahoo yahoo trade.

Na wah o!

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2022
Real wah oh

mariahAngel:

Na wah o!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by plantainbender(m): 6:19pm On Oct 06, 2022
Olojuobinrin:

LOL. The only benefit that comes with HK in GH is the assurance of getting an accommodation and prolly feeding; everything else na scam (no pun intended)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Kaycee54321(m): 6:27pm On Oct 06, 2022
cheesy

I spent two weeks in Lome, Togo.

Na only light dem get.

After eating kous kous and dry bread for days & days, I couldn't wait to come to back to Lag. Come see happiness as I finally drop for Mile 2 cheesy

My guy wey dey play ball for Burkina Faso & person wey dey do factory work for Lagos, na the same thing dem be (God forgive me grin)

Migrating no easy... it's always best you do it, single & not cash strapped.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by plantainbender(m): 6:44pm On Oct 06, 2022
If you think Ghana is bad, go to Togo - you'll over appreciate the garri and groundnut you take for granted in Lagos.

Dry bread and kus kus - ate that for two days only beside that massive 4-star hotel near the Nigerian Embassy, Lome. Kuje inmates will revolt if they're being fed that sh****t.

Kaycee54321:
cheesy

Na only light dem get.

After eating kous kous and dry bread for days & days, I couldn't wait to come to back to Lag. Come see happiness as I finally drop for Mile 2 cheesy

My guy wey dey play ball for Burkina Faso & person wey dey do factory work for Lagos, na the same thing dem be (God forgive me grin)

Migrating no easy... it's always best you do it, single & cash strapped.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by mariahAngel(f): 6:49pm On Oct 06, 2022
Kaycee54321:
cheesy

Na only light dem get.

LWKMD! grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2022
Kaycee54321:
cheesy

Na only light dem get.

The Togo you said has only light is the same place a Nigerian who can speak fon or French is working as an interpreter and earning cash, it’s same place an internment gig is working perfectly due to better internet and stable electricity.

Even tourism sells well in Togo than in Nigeria at the moment.

Mind you, a lot of our Igbo brothers help people cross between Togo and Ghana border and make over 20k naira daily
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by JoyousFurnitire(m): 7:01pm On Oct 06, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

This man grin

To think you're not even 30+ lol. You've explored
Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2022
There are over 5 countries better than Nigeria in few ways and there are over 5 countries Nigeria is better than.

It is depending on how you see it.

Most western countries are also bad in their own way.

Have had the opportunity of visiting at least 7 African countries and I can tell you, despite the so called hardship some nairalanders say about them, a lot of Nigerians still visit there on a daily basic, and a lot leave there too on a daily basics.

As our faces are different, our wants and aspirations too.

A lot complained of hardship during covid. And a lot built houses and made good money during this time too.
JoyousFurnitire:

This man grin

To think you're not even 30+ lol. You've explored

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Kaycee54321(m): 7:17pm On Oct 06, 2022
businesshub101:

The Togo you said has only light is the same place a Nigerian who can speak fon or French is working as an interpreter and earning cash, it’s same place an internment gig is working perfectly due to better internet and stable electricity.

Even tourism sells well in Togo than in Nigeria at the moment.

Mind you, a lot of our Igbo brothers help people cross between Togo and Ghana border and make over 20k naira daily

Toh.
I just can't...NOT in Togo abeg.

Talking about it sef is making me remember my time there. Bros, you need to see the big boiled cassava and some other things like that present in my plate of food the very first night I spent. I never really got to acclimatize to their food or lack of it.

Person fit do translation & cross people in Naija abeg. As for internet, I didn't notice a distinctive difference in speed oh. Na only that light. Plus it's safe and Lome was very very organized.

Their people are very easygoing...their ladies were quite the specimen.

But I cannot abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2022
You can’t and some can

Kaycee54321:

Toh.
I just can't...NOT in Togo abeg.

Talking about it sef is making me remember my time there. Bros, you need to see the big boiled cassava and some other things like that present in my plate of food the very first night I spent. I never really got to acclimatize to their food or lack of it.

Person fit do translation & cross people in Naija abeg. As for internet, I didn't notice a distinctive difference in speed oh. Na only that light. Plus it's safe and Lome was very very organized.

Their people are very easygoing...their ladies were quite the specimen.

But I cannot abeg.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by plantainbender(m): 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2022
Chief, calm down - you're trying too hard.

I get your point but people are just trying to relieve their personal experience & are not saying people don't thrive in these countries.

businesshub101:
You can’t and some can

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
Thanks for arriving at same consensus

plantainbender:
Chief, calm down - you're trying too hard.

I get your point but people are just trying to relieve their personal experience & are not saying people don't thrive in these countries.

Re: Ghana Is A No! No!! by mdntiri(m): 8:35pm On Oct 06, 2022
mariahAngel:

Na wah o!
You see what your people do? They go to another man's country to willingly go and commit crimes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Discover How To Obtain Georgia Dual Citizenship / MY JOURNEY TO Cameroon:the Part Of The Country Fighting For Secession Like Igbos / 10 Things UK Illegal Immigrants Cannot Do - Is UK That Worth It Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.