Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions (32867 Views)

Peter Obi: We do not Comment On Individual cases - UK Govt Replies Premiumtimes / Peter Obi: We Won The 2023 Presidential Election / Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by TheExclusive: 4:46pm On Oct 10, 2022
MeineMutter:

Obi cannot even solve one problem; not all. He would only increase minimum wage and award a few contracts which would not be executed.
Which experience does have to tame our corrupt civil service? What of our dead electricity sector? Who does he know he can lobby across Nigeria and among the cabals that hold Nigeria by the jugular to leave Nigeria's jugular?

Go to Angwai-Rimi in Kaduna alone and go and see power brokers who are parts of who decide where Nigeria goes. Go to Kano, Zamfara, Kebbi, Jigawa, Katsina, Niger, Borno, Yobe, Abuja etc and find out powerful past and present politicians who Obi cannot dare look directly in the face. Obi? Who's Obi where late Maitama Sule was? Who does Obi know in any of those powerful states to run to if he wants to implement anything that affects the Hausa/Fulani hegemony?

Where is the House majority that would give him the support? How many labor party governorship candidates have the chances of being elected?
I have watched most of his interviews. He was just blabbing. Those interviews were for people like you who cannot distinguish their left hands from their right hands. He was just spewing rub.ish that defy economic sense. The data he is giving lack integrity. Only Igbos and few Yoruba religious bigots can be fo_oled. Not me. I last voted in 1993. That was the last time I trusted Nigeria's electoral process. I don't know where you were in 1979 during Shagari/Awolowo saga because we have been hearing all Obi was saying since then.

Exactly the point Obi is making. The structure we have now which you have just explained is the structure of criminality like he said. Obi has the will to dismantle this cabal unlike Goodluck Jonathan. He is the best of the three front runners. He has identified the problem. He has a roadmap. He can steer the country in the right direction. There is no power that supersedes the powers of the president of the country, except the president does not have the will to exercise it.

PS: You are sitting the fence only to criticize. Better put, you have given up already on Naija. I enjoin you to reconsider and bring in your ideas in this Obidient movement to take back our country.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by MeineMutter: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2022
TheExclusive:

Exactly the point Obi is making. The structure we have now which you have just explained is the structure of criminality like he said. Obi has the will to dismantle this cabal unlike Goodluck Jonathan. He is the best of the three front runners. He has identified the problem. He has a roadmap. He can steer the country in the right direction. There is no power that supersedes the powers of the president of the country, except the president does not have the will to exercise it.

PS: You are sitting the fence only to criticize. Better put, you have given up already on Naija. I enjoin you to reconsider and bring in your ideas in this Obidient movement to take back our country.

No matter how lofty Obi's ideas are, they can't fly. The cabals wont let it fly. Obi can only dismantle what he builds. He cannot dismantle that bad foundation Nieria is buiding on. Not even Tinubu can dismantle it. It is not a one-man show and he cant override anything done by the Houses. He would rather not sign it and they will maintain status quo.

For Obansanjo and Jonathan to waste our time and money on confab showed Nigeria's power brokers don't want the country to grow than this. It is the masses (not only a few supporters of Obi o; everybody - like they did in 1993 for MKO Abiola.) that can effect the change. We need total change of all members of State and Federal Houses of Assemblies/ House of Senates. But there is not way we can overhaul the legislative without reconstructing our executive arms of government, the almighty civil servants! They are the major stumbling block to Nigeria's progress. What of the judiciary? Before we now think of you and I that are corrupt beyond all reasonable level? But where are the masses? They have been decimated by these cabals and the ruling class. They have been beaten by hunger, poverty and hopelessness. That's why they take sides on where they can feed or their tribes/religious men and women.

I have never seen where Nigerian masses successfully recall a common ward councilor, let alone members of states and federal House of Assemblies. Where the Kogi masses able to recall Dino Melaye when they tried it? Because the constitution will make it tough to do. More so, who you are trying to recall will divide you the masses with his/her means. You can imagine how much the government would still have to spend conducting fresh election when a political office holder is recalled - from sensitization, to ballot printing, to logistics etc.

Try and say you want to reform common Ministry of Chieftaincy (that's if it exists o), for example, and see the restriction you would meet as a president. It is complicated. Nigerians love to be lawless, free, and they expect magician leaders who would make the country great overnight without them suffering or being affected. We are not sincere to ourselves. We are 'tribalistic' in nature and too religious. We don't allow for things to be done on merit. We indulge in favoritism. We are deceptive. Everything bad is in us. The same people who are trying to vote Obi would be the first to castigate him when he starts failing in delivering on his promises. And I dont see him using angels to run all sectors of the company. Nigeria that has a journey of 500 years to go just to develop up to common Switzerland is seen strolling on development path like someone who is going from sitting room to bathroom.

As a president of Nigeria, you cannot veto anything. Most of all you want to do must past through the two Houses and have to align with that rigid constitution. The key things that can liberate Nigeria and Nigerians are not amendable at all in that constitution. The rigors of amending any of it alone can take up to 15 years. You can ask any sound lawyer who knows about that constitution. Abacha and his goons made it tough in such a way that, to change the constitution, the deliberation time would consume 3 different tenures of legislators. It means those who start it cannot finish it. You cannot even discuss separation of Nigeria at all because the constitution has said it is a no go area and this can NEVER be amended by any means. Only few sections of it that wont majorly affect the core North are left for amendment. That's why you will see one leader or rep shouting before they get there that he will go in and do wonders. But once he or she gets there, he/she realizes it is deeper than it is thought and he/she then joins them in 'eating'.

Long ago, I have given up on the country and I repeat it: it can never be better. May be the 'better' I am thinking of is different from the kind of 'better' you are thinking of sha.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2023
tsdarkside:

atleast people are earning money in nigeria....
still better than earnin nothing and still have to chop....

wait oo....
are you igbos suggestin we should all become importers....??

I would love to hear your opinion the policy reversal now.
https://nairametrics.com/2023/10/12/cbn-lifts-ban-on-43-items/
These agbado people, honesty una no go end well. You urchins love it when the masses suffer. What where the gains the suffer head policy came about?
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 6:49pm On Oct 12, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Imagine people!!!! And you will be shouting that you want a better country! If I check well I find out that an empty brain like you is supporting PO

These agbado people, honesty una no go end well. You urchins love it when the masses suffer. What where the gains the suffer head policy came about?
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2023
Barryseal:

should all nigerians become importers like you people....??
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2023
Perfectbeing:
Don't be slow..
Rice is the most consumed staple food in Nigeria.
With importation, we were enriching Brazil, Thailand, India and Chinese farmers while making ours poorer.
Even though we don't export it out, it still helped our economy in more than one ways. It enriched our local farmers and almost money needed to import rice is now being used for other things.

And who told you miller, cassava, groundnut, maize cocoa etc weren't improved on.

Check the top 10 agro export from Nigeria.

You should be tired of yourself too.. Black monkey.

What were the gains made as a result of this policy? Are we back to enriching Thai farmers? Everybody don turn psuedo economics over night.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 6:51pm On Oct 12, 2023
tsdarkside:

should all nigerians become importers like you people....??
Did I ask you to become an importer? What gains where made as a result of that policy?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2023
Barryseal:

Did I ask you to become an importer? What gains where made as a result of that policy?

so that you produce stuffs yourselfs in nigeria....!!

chaii....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2023
you igbos are soo freakin annoyin....i hate communicatin with una....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2023
tsdarkside:

so that you produce stuffs yourselfs in nigeria....!!

chaii....
How many factories did you set up since 2019?
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2023
Barryseal:

How many factories did you set up since 2019?

How many did you yourself set up....??

look who is accusin others....

audio southeast billionare....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by afube: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2023
tsdarkside:
you igbos are soo freakin annoyin....i hate communicatin with una....

you must be an idiat! oponu

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2023
tsdarkside:

How many did you yourself set up....??

look who is accusin others....

audio southeast billionare....
I thought you said the policy was supposed to make you produce. So tell us how many industries you setup in Okitipupa since 2019?
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2023
afube:

you must be an idiat! oponu

all you igbos dey craze....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 9:15pm On Oct 12, 2023
Barryseal:

I thought you said the policy was supposed to make you produce. So tell us how many industries you setup in Okitipupa since 2019?

how many you set up mr importer....??
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 9:17pm On Oct 12, 2023
tsdarkside:

how many you set up mr importer....??
I'm an importer. I import android stereos from Singapore.
How many industries did you set up in Okitipupa since you started twerking for APC?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 9:18pm On Oct 12, 2023
Barryseal:

How many industries did you set up in Okitipupa since you started twerking for APC?

ehen....
like this naira go get better....

we should all become importers....
thats your remedy....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2023
tsdarkside:

ehen....
like this naira go get better....

we should all become importers....
thats your remedy....
Since we all turned to producers since 2019,what have become of the naira and your purchasing power?
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 9:23pm On Oct 12, 2023
Barryseal:

btw....mr importer....

did you import those android stereos from Singapore with nairas....??
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 9:24pm On Oct 12, 2023
Barryseal:

Since we all turned to producers since 2019,what have become of the naira and your purchasing power?

atleast we can feed ourselves to an extent morafvcker south east....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 9:28pm On Oct 12, 2023
why did you igbo moroons even bring me on this thread back sef....??

i hate communicatin with una....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2023
tsdarkside:

atleast we can feed ourselves to an extent morafvcker south east....
You can feed yourselves indeed. Try telling that to the over 700k people living in extreme poverty in Ibadan.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 9:51pm On Oct 12, 2023
tsdarkside:

btw....mr importer....

did you import those android stereos from Singapore with nairas....??
Yes I converted my naira to usd. Added the over head cost and profit while selling to scumbags like you
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2023
Barryseal:

Yes I converted my naira to usd. Added the over head cost and profit while selling to scumbags like you

in nigeria ofcourse....

cbn dey print dollars ofcourse....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 10:55pm On Oct 12, 2023
Barryseal:

You can feed yourselves indeed. Try telling that to the over 700k people living in extreme poverty in Ibadan.

you igbos should just keep shut....
we have heard enough from una....

destroy the naira....
we dont even care anymore sef....

fvck fuel subsidy,fvck stabilizin the naira....

una wan live western lifestyle in nigeria,finance it yourselves....!!

let the naira become 20k to a dollar,we dont care no more....!!
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 11:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
tsdarkside:

in nigeria ofcourse....

cbn dey print dollars ofcourse....
So I shouldn't be able to do international business because APC is leading Nigeria? Una dey craze o
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 11:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
tsdarkside:

you igbos should just keep shut....
we have heard enough from una....

destroy the naira....
we dont even care anymore sef....

fvck fuel subsidy,fvck stabilizin the naira....

una wan live western lifestyle in nigeria,finance it yourselves....!!

let the naira become 20k to a dollar,we dont care no more....!!
Ofcourse Igbos are the policy makers in Nigeria.

They control the cbn, customs, police, finance ministry , defence and infact they control the presidency.

Igbos made 1k-$1
Igbo, Igbo, Igbo, Igbo
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 12:01am On Oct 13, 2023
Barryseal:

Ofcourse Igbos are the policy makers in Nigeria.

They control the cbn, customs, police, finance ministry , defence and infact they control the presidency.

Igbos made 1k-$1
Igbo, Igbo, Igbo, Igbo

igbos....!!
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 12:04am On Oct 13, 2023
Barryseal:

So I shouldn't be able to do international business because APC is leading Nigeria? Una dey craze o

rest of nigeria doesnt even care no more sef....

who cares about exchange rate....??

yorubas....??
hausa,fulanis....??

only igbos care....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Barryseal: 6:00am On Oct 13, 2023
tsdarkside:

rest of nigeria doesnt even care no more sef....

who cares about exchange rate....??

yorubas....??
hausa,fulanis....??

only igbos care....
After pillaging the economy, you turn around and say you don't care. Enkr
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 6:47am On Oct 13, 2023
Barryseal:

After pillaging the economy, you turn around and say you don't care. Enkr

i dont care about the exchange rate no more....

i was not born to make dollars my life priority....
i no like to suffer abeg....

wait a minute....
who pillaged what,poor man....??
people with money in nigeria dont care about exchange rate....
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by tsdarkside(m): 6:52am On Oct 13, 2023
infact the dollar should become 40k to a dollar....

na only then una will stop running after it like air to breath....

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Chidi Lloyd In Tears, Apologises To Wike For Attacking His Government (video) / All Four Refineries Will Produce Only 19 Million Litres / 'Nigerians Have More Electricity Than They Can Consume' - Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.