Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions (32879 Views)

Peter Obi: We do not Comment On Individual cases - UK Govt Replies Premiumtimes / Peter Obi: We Won The 2023 Presidential Election / Analysing Peter Obi’s Plans To Remove Import Restrictions – Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Throwback: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
macrodata:
What do you know about economics? Please share.

Where has your knowledge taken you in life? Spiteful hater.

What does Olodo GCE know about economics?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Rapuru14: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Typical container economy ideology.smh.

I am not surprised at all. Someone already predicted this about HE Obi because Obi needs to keep importing foreign goods for his import business and supermarkets.

Little wonder he has nothing tangible to use to campaign for his 8 years in office as Anambra governor.

For the Igbo youths defending container economy,Please go and look at the export side, if you see the export side of non-oil sector of Nigeria and where they come from in Nigeria ehn, you will never consider Igbo container economy as progress and never wish Igbo continues to be a dumping ground. Check our foreign direct investments(FDI) too( screenshots of leading fdi states for both Q1 and Q2 2022 are below) and you will not see any SE states at the top 2 so these container economy is not it at all and not progress in the absence of FDI. While SE is taking containers, Lagos,alone takes over 70% the FDI in billions! Apart from Anambra which is still very very low due to this container economy mentality and insecurity, all other SE states attracted zero fdi so far this year

Below is jiust the agricultural sector alone, watch cocoa from the SW and Sesame from the North with Jigawa the highest producer, doing multiple times the other agric ptoducts and bringing in forex into Nigeria and not destroying the environment or bringing in toxic contents.

I completely disagree with your suggestion that container economy is what Igboland needs.

Top priority for SE, and I agree with Prof. Soludo , is responsible parenting because most parents in Igboland have abandoned their responsibility of raising disciplined, respectful, educated and Godfearing patriotic children, these children currently litter the social media space for ipob terrorist group and jails in Nigeria and all over the world, followed by peace to stop the shedding of blood of innocent patriotic Nigerians then investment especially from other tribes and foreigners so Igboland can attract investments and talents from other places like the SW does excellently. Asiwaju Tinubu alone brought in multibillion dollars investment into Lagos and his successors built on it.
check my signature for free stuffs

Olodo shhhh close your mouth.

We ain't discussing Agbado and ewa here

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by SmartPolician: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
Throwback:

Is it also beyond Anambrarians who could not wait for the disaster called Peter Obi to be eased out of their lives?

But today, Peter Obi is the Igbo candidate who must be supported by Igbos and by many Chijiokes claiming to be "Tunde" or "Haruna".

Anambrarians have warned us from the past, Nigerians must avoid this one chance as we proceed to the future.

No go kill yourself for nothing.

Even the best politicians have critics.

Critizing people in government - sometimes out of hate - is very normal in democracy.

You should have sampled the opinions of the vast majority that love him too.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by GeneralPula: 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Simple reasoning indicates that we have to have plenty of fx for that to happen. And that exporters will not abuse the system by using the fx to import useless things like tooth picks when the economy really need the fx. They could also racketeer by selling the earned fx at higher rates. How will Obi address those issues?

When he mentioned Single forex market, I know Pandora no know Wetin him dey talk..

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by HRMK: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2022
NO SURPRISE!THAT WILL FAVOR THE CONTAINER AND HARD DRUG BIZ OF THE IGBOS!NOT BAD!!
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by rafcrown(m): 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2022
Just another Atiku?
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by 27Pushing30: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2022
Towncrier007:
Amazing!!!

This means your naiar card limit will be increased,and we can buy bitcoins and run other transactions with ease.

Even if you hate Obi,love him for this

basically you are saying further NAIRA DEVELUATION will work? lmaoooooo.

So once the currency free floats and is totally dependent on our balance of trade... make i see how much dollars your naira go buy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by feedthenation(m): 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2022
---Saw this video on Peter Obi---talking about changing political parties---

https://twitter.com/i/status/1577724787874353152
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by LordIsaac(m): 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
benardtotti:

If he does this , remember we import everything, just get ready to pay higher prices for commodities , I have said it several times that many of you hailing this Obi guy will be the first to crucify him if he finally wins and carries out all these policies he's pontificating.
Then they will start looking for another "change!" It is easier for Nigerians to converge in rallies for a new leader, than hold consistent rallies to demand for good governance from the incumbent. I pity this nation.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Eecho(m): 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Typical container economy ideology.smh.

I am not surprised at all. Someone already predicted this about HE Obi because Obi needs to keep importing foreign goods for his import business and supermarkets.

Little wonder he has nothing tangible to use to campaign for his 8 years in office as Anambra governor.

For the uncouth Igbo youths defending container economy,please go and look at the export side, if you see the export side of non-oil sector of Nigeria and where they come from in Nigeria ehn, you will never consider Igbo container economy as progress and never wish Igbo continues to be a dumping ground. Check our foreign direct investments(FDI) too( screenshots of leading fdi states for both Q1 and Q2 2022 are below) and you will not see any SE states at the top 2 so these container economy is not it at all and not progress in the absence of FDI. While SE is taking containers, Lagos,alone takes over 70% the FDI in billions! Apart from Anambra which is still very very low due to this container economy mentality and insecurity, all other SE states attracted zero fdi so far this year

Below is jiust the agricultural sector alone, watch cocoa from the SW and Sesame from the North with Jigawa the highest producer, doing multiple times the other agric ptoducts and bringing in forex into Nigeria and not destroying the environment or bringing in toxic contents.

I completely disagree with your suggestion that container economy is what Igboland needs.

Top priority for SE, and I agree with Prof. Soludo , is responsible parenting because most parents in Igboland have abandoned their responsibility of raising disciplined, respectful, educated and Godfearing patriotic children, these children currently litter the social media space for ipob terrorist group and jails in Nigeria and all over the world, followed by peace to stop the shedding of blood of innocent patriotic Nigerians then investment especially from other tribes and foreigners so Igboland can attract investments and talents from other places like the SW does excellently. Asiwaju Tinubu alone brought in multibillion dollars investment into Lagos and his successors built on it.
check my signature for free stuffs
Akwa ariri
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by baretalk: 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
Mr Obi import restrictions is important to build home industries. Encourage production and export, earn foreign exchange. This man is truly clueless, no sense in what he says. Too much importation is why our naira is falling.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by DanielPat01: 5:28pm On Oct 06, 2022
Well, Peter Obi will do more if he eventually becomes the president of Nigeria. This I know for sure.

I also want to use the opportunity to pass this message to those who have decided to be #Obidient & #Yusuful to their unborn generation.

While pointing out Tinubu errors we should focus more on Atiku. As the Tally stands now Atiku is one the major contender because most Northerners would rather vote Atiku than vote Obi if they are not voting Tinubu.

I know this for sure as someone that lives in FCT Currently. Atiku got more red flags as Tinubu so I see no reason any sensible person should vote him.

But I will begin with the JAGA JAGA BANDIT first.

The Tinubu some Tribal bigots are supporting have been silent all this while regarding several Fulani herders attack in his region just to clinch the presidential ticket of APC. Not only that, still picked a northern Muslim who hates restructuring with passion.

I actually watched him LIVE on AIT say it and I quote;

"I don't believe in Restructuring, Restructuring my foot, To hell with restructuring." ~ Shettima

Atiku on the other hand deleted his tweet about Deborah death and denied ever being responsible for the tweet all for the presidential ticket of PDP plus possible massive vote from his people. Which I know is going to happen if we don't start giving them reasons why they shouldn't.

Atiku A man that has one of the biggest generator company in Nigeria (Mikano Generators) can't and won't give maximum effort to fixing electricity in Nigeria. That is if he even makes attempt at all. We can't be fooled.

And you tell me this set of people (Atiku & Tinubu) won't dance to the to tone of major Northern cabals and Islamic scholars that believes Nigeria belongs to the North and the North alone.

Funny thing is most Tinubu supporters haven't yet realised that Tinubu is just a placeholder for Shettima. Just in case anything happens.

Shettima carrying out Tinubu duties/responsibilities now is a clear indication that Shettima is a placeholder for him (Tinubu). Shettima A terrorist apologist and sympathizer would be the one ruling us all if APC eventually wins come 2023. Mark this day.

Peter Obi is the only candidate that has been weighed, checked and scanned and haven't been found wanting. Fully tested and trusted. He is not a saint, yes, but the best among all.

"PETER OBI is not desperate to rule Nigerians but desperate to rescue Nigerians." Get the point. His commitment and dedication to Anambra state when he was a governor proofs it all. (A no nonsense man with zero tolerance for corruption).

Vote Peter Gregory Obi for; accountability, speedy execution of government projects, maximum security, and many more. P.O is the only presidential candidate that would release the names of the sponsors of Boko Boys and make sure they are dealt with. Atiku and Tinubu will never do it.

The ball is in your court well meaning Nigerians. If we don't get it right now. We suffer for another 8 years. Move from being on the fence to jumping into Obi bandwagon. You won't regret it.

Vote Wisely Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by asanausana91: 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
Racoon:
Liberate the gateways. Not the senseless, impactless and useless economic blockades the APC govt placed on the lucrative southern borders with attendant huge economic loss sometime back while the northern fringes were just leeways for terrorists to freely stroll in and do more damages.

Nigeria case is an import and a oil-mono-economy dependent nation because local production are not sufficient enough to meet local consumption demand.
and this foolish Obi is telling his zombiedients that he will change Nigeria from consumption to production country.
Obi is a dangerous terrorist,he is confused.
How can you get your country to produce if there are no restrictions on import

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
Reinaldo:
Our Forex has gone to sh!t under APC
Aswear

What they did is nothing but pure wickedness.

They padlocked the economy then monopolized the Forex, dictating who or what should get it. These mad people even went further to frustrate the guys bringing fx into the country ( inflows: those earning online, diaspora remittances).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by frowland(m): 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
socialmediaman:
That's the right thing to do.

Don't restrict them, tax imports higher, and invest the money from the tax on local production

That's what any sane government will do!

Hope you and your Obi have factored in our porous border and CFA neighbors? I believe you wouldn’t expect me to explain those right?
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Omoawoke: 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
Wow so intelligent, wow so smart

grin That’s how to sound like an obidient, without even understanding the concept or how it could be implemented, anything Peter obi says is wow wow wow
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Reyhzor(m): 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
BlessedOne01:
Na mouth Obiscam dey!

Tinibu is the only "candidate" that can stabilize as well as harness our Forex resources!

Tinubu should speak to us not you.
He's busy uploading pictures.
Let him come and speak to Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by FreeStuffsNG: 5:29pm On Oct 06, 2022
macrodata:

I will report you to the modes. Not everyone is raised with bitterness and hate.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Rapuru14: 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2022
Throwback:

As economic adviser to Jonathan, he recommended Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor when $1 = N160.

Same Godwin Emefiele has seen to the decline of our Naira against the Dollar.

A sensible man would run away from Peter Obi.

Anambrarians cannot be wrong about this olodo GCE.

Getat Urchin

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by asanausana91: 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2022
socialmediaman:

Don't restrict them, tax imports higher, and invest the money from the tax on local production

how will the local production survive if you are importing everything.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by baretalk: 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2022
27Pushing30:

basically you are saying further NAIRA DEVELUATION will work? lmaoooooo.

So once the currency free floats and is totally dependent on our balance of trade... make i see how much dollars your naira go buy.
These people including Obi are quite uninformed, it's all about balance of payments. If you don't export more you earn less foreign exchange, and your currency value won't increase, remove importation restrictions, then Nigeria will return to being a dumping ground.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by benardtotti(m): 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2022
LordIsaac:

Then they will start looking for another "change!" It is easier for Nigerians to converge in rallies for a new leader, than hold consistent rallies to demand for good governance from the incumbent. I pity this nation.

God bless you , you understand the real problem with Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Grandmeister(m): 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2022
VTJN:
Obi Obi will not come distant third in the election and y'all will wail for another 8 years
It has come to an intellectual and technical discourse but of course you can’t contribute because you know nothing about how a micro and macro economy works. First thing obi needs to do after winning is to make quality education compulsory in this country. You all are getting dumber by the day.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Rapuru14: 5:31pm On Oct 06, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
Promises, Promises, promises..
MOFO just making promises left and right. Shit he couldn't do in 8 years as Governor but now promising do it all.
Pandora pathological liar Obi tuary must think that we are as brainless and clueless as his Zombidient followers.

Ewa, getat
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by AliyuMahdi9: 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
Now this Is a President.

Not that one that is Reading January Newspaper in October.

Or

That one that is Dancing on TikTok

nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1577948213998493701

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by OfficialP: 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
It's normal thing to do nau
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Originalwafi: 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
Hmmm

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by baretalk: 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
socialmediaman:

There must be restrictions in imports, no matter how you tax imports, if you don't restrict it, it destroys economy, increasing taxes is a form of restriction of imports too, but in some cases government can place a restriction of the amount of certain goods allowed into the country. A buying economy can't provide jobs and multiplier effects. Obi is quite ignorant of economics. Obi just want to appease his importer brothers, but imports destroy our economy. We must look into production and selling not buying. Obi contradicts himself, if you allow unrestricted imports, how will you turn Nigeria to a production economy?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by Wipper7000: 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2022
Jennifer663:
Correct
I pity all of jumping to the thrash these OBI said, He thinks its easy like that
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by VTJN(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2022
Grandmeister:

It has come to an intellectual and technical discourse but of course you can’t contribute because you know nothing about how a micro and macro economy works. First thing obi needs to do after winning is to make quality education compulsory in this country. You all are getting dumber by the day.
ok

I hope you won't commit suicide when Tinubu succeed Buhari?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by CASTOSVILLA(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2022
Throwback:

As economic adviser to Jonathan, he recommended Godwin Emefiele as CBN Governor when $1 = N160.

Same Godwin Emefiele has seen to the decline of our Naira against the Dollar.

A sensible man would run away from Peter Obi.

Anambrarians cannot be wrong about this olodo GCE.
You're such a senseless man thinking that we'd buy into your cocktail and bull screenshots. Ordinary PDP and other party politics of bad mouthing is what you're peddling here. He was and still is the best governor that Anambra has seen. Go and verify.
Re: Peter Obi: We Will Remove Import & FOREX Restrictions by wman(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2022
Great one.

This will make cost of living cheaper for Nigerians.

Most of those duties are often embezzled by the Customs anyway. Nothing gets remitted to the Federal Government.

PC Games: https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

'Akpabio, Leave APC Before Dawn' - Shehu Sani Advises In A Cryptic Tweet / We Have Clues On Boko Haram Sponsors - Nigerian Army / Gunmen Bomb Imo Police Station, Destroy Vehicles, Buildings; They Used Dynamite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.