Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) (18824 Views)

EndSARS: The 7-Point Demands / APC Sensitizes Market Women In Benin On Ize-Iyamu’s Simple Agenda [Video/Photos] / Ndume Defies Buhari, Oshiomhole On Senate Presidency, Unfolds Nine-point Agenda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by haybhi1(m): 6:09pm On Oct 07, 2022
People don't seem to be getting this. Many of us are supporting Tinubu because he had once managed to completely control economy of the most demanding state in Nigeria, in fact, despite the little resources at his beck then.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Ogaga87(m): 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
mxnd

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Curious345: 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2022
Thieves .. Buhari n his team
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Juanmike(m): 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
Roger3D:
8. Economic enslavement and the destruction of local content with his juju FOREX policy

“Peter Obi, who is the single largest individual importer in Nigeria, wants to remove “import restrictions.” Yet, this is the same man that wants to “move Nigeria from consumption to production”? Removing import restriction favours traders, like Obi, but destroys local manufacturing!-
Reno Omokri
Yoi are right though, but pls when is Tinubu presenting his Agenda for us, most of us are yet to decide who to vote for.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Guyman01: 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
I don't know why Peter Obi supporters always sounds very brilliant in comparison to other parties. I have watched so many random surveys of voters on YouTube and I realised that virtually all those who responded with good spoken English say they are voting for Peter Obi while all those who sounded like stark illiterates usually choose other candidates undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2022
Peter obi is just the best.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by MedicH: 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
Ekundayo7574:
all this stuff are trash and useless That man call pandora is a criminal, no propaganda will work this time around

Obi said ordinary people like you and me are not capable of stealing oil and plunging the country into more debt, it is organized syndicate with international connections and working together with security and are moving oil in large volumes away. For this reason all these men are fighting to stop him from winning because when he win all oil theft will stop. Problem now is that a poor miserable bastard and a capital idiot like you that does not steal oil also no want Obi to win. now i cant explain that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by OmoOshodi(m): 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
Available for sale

Show interest for details

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2022
When is otedola selling his shares @100 naira per one? That his electricity company

Anyone with an idea??
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Zorn: 6:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
Ekundayo7574:
all this stuff are trash and useless That man call pandora is a criminal, no propaganda will work this time around
No be him steal your brain no Tinubu use am patch his leaking anus.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Akurakambe(m): 6:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
post=117357996:
The truth is that
Obi’s economic plans would rather favour importers to the detriment of local manufacturers.

“Now, let us interrogate this policy on its merit.

“Peter Obi, who is the single largest individual importer in Nigeria, wants to remove “import restrictions.” Yet, this is the same man that wants to “move Nigeria from consumption to production”?
Removing import restriction favours traders, like Obi, but destroys local manufacturing!

“Take Dangote Tomato Paste factory in Kano. If you remove import restrictions, as Obi proposes, his company, Next Cash and Carry, will be able to import cheaper tomato paste from Italy, which will force Dangote Tomato out of business and make thousands of Nigerians he employs unemployed.

“No developed nation grew to the point where they are by removing import restrictions, as Peter Obi proposes.
Such policies only favour traders, like Obi, who only import and sell. A nation can’t grow like that. We must restrict imports so local manufacturers can grow!

“Obi’s plan to remove import restrictions will only favour traders, like him. But it will completely destroy the textile industry in Kaduna and Kano, and the manufacturing sector in Ikeja, Lagos, and Agbara, Ogun State.
Nigeria must produce and not import what we can produce!

“If you remove import restrictions, people, like Peter Obi, whose only motives are quick money, will import champagne from France, whiskey from Scotland, and caviar from Russia. We will end up dissipating our foreign exchange on things Nigeria does not need, because traders want to make profit.

Notice how I have analysed Peter Obi’s policy of removing import restrictions, so traders can import willy nilly and sell to Nigerians.
Notice how I gave examples.
Observe that my points are factual.
Now, read the comments and see how Obidients fail to rebut my facts, but instead insult me.
Then make up your mind
........MRo

OBI IS DULL.
OBI IS IPOB.
IPOB IS OBI.

Go and kill yasef ipob supporter on Nairaland.

You have time replying such kind of people. .
Ignoring such soul is the best.
There is nothing in this world you can say to them to change their hearts of bitterness.
Nothing!

At least give credit to where you copied this myopic point from. These Agbado people are miscreants and no nothing about the monetary policy. Thiefn.ubu thuggery has taken greater part of their lives. So shameful.

3 Likes

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Mosesvic11(m): 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2022
franchasofficia:
Let me tell you all, forget about all the tribal and religious higgy hagga politicians are using to deceive Nigerians to support them. Every Nigerian, including Atiku and Tinubu know that Peter Obi of Labour Party is simply the best candidate and the man Nigeria needs desperately come 2023.

If Atiku were to be younger such that he could contest again, I tell you all, Atiku would have endorsed Obi and worked for Obi to become President in 2023. Atiku even told Nyesome Wike before the PDP Primaries that let PDP Presidential ticket be microzoned to Southeast and let Peter Obi become the consensus candidate but Wike refused. Atiku then said if the ticket can't be microzoned to Southeast or Northeast, then it should be thrown open and that he wishes to run again with Peter Obi but Wike deceived other PDP Governors as they quickly reached a consensus that whoever wins PDP ticket must pick a serving PDP Governor as his running mate.

Atiku was indirectly telling PDP knuckleheads that Peter Obi was the right person to fly their ticket and that if Obi cant fly it, then he Atiku will contest.

Atiku knows he is a corrupt man just like Bola Tinubu but he believes that if the Presidency can't go to a capable incorruptible man like Peter Obi then it is better for it to come to him than any other corrupt criminal politician like Tinubu.

Now why is Peter Obi the best to rule Nigeria?

Peter Obi carefully outlined the issues that has bedevilled Nigeria over the years and also proffered practical solutions to change the narrative once and for all.

How, you may ask? Peter Obi said:

1. I can’t sleep because I know what to do! I have gone round the 36 States of the country like I have gone round 31 countries of the world, I know the problems of Nigeria and I know I can fix them easily! Because I can see them, I can fix them!

2. Hunger takes people to the streets! Job and food will obviously take them out of crimes! That’s my specialty, creating jobs and wealth!

3. I have not come out for myself! I have come out for the millions of youths that are losing hope in our beloved country!

I have come out for the millions of women who are afraid of tomorrow and what it holds for them and their children! I have come out for the poor who are asking weather it’s a sin to be a Nigerian! For them, I have come!

4. For people who are asking if Peter Obi has ‘structure’, what structure is bigger and stronger than the collective will of the masses on whose necks the knees of the politicians have been? What structure is greater than the determination of a people who have at last decided to take back their country, their only country?

5. The battle for the rescue of the soul of Nigeria has just begun and we must all be contributive and participative in it.

6. Yes, we may not have the money to share because we didn’t steal any. We have not come to enslave but to serve.

7. Have you imagined somebody giving you money to help you? Bribing you to go and serve you? It’s wisdom to go for a permanent solution than a temporary remedy!

8. This battle is to help Nigerian youths, Market women, struggling families, students, teachers, famers, old and poor, whose helpless looking faces I see everywhere I go. It’s for these people that l, Peter Obi, have come! However, like a drowning man, they must bring out their hands to be saved!

9. In this battle, if you can’t fly, run! If you can’t run, walk! If you can’t walk, crawl! If you can’t crawl, roll! If you can’t roll, shout! By all means we must be on the move and we must be heard!

10. These people are more than 50 million of the Nigerian voting adults. They have the power. Their destiny is in their hands so they can change it. If they will it, they will win it!

11. Remember, the man with energy will always be at the mercy of the man with strategy based on synergy. With God on our side, we shall not fail and we shall not fall! May God help us! God bless Nigeria!

12. I will rather lose doing the right thing than win doing the wrong thing.

13. Nigeria must move beyond oil; we must move from Consumption to Production nation.
very impressive... In obidient we stand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by PeterObi4LP: 6:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
Ekundayo7574:

If he has stole your papa yam, sue him to court and stop labelling criminal. Do the needful
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by HocusPocus: 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Kingxchange44:

We go dey press your neck till e bend/break
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Justseyii: 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
Brilliant interview.
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Pootle: 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2022
this agenda wahala don start...our eyes are on you guys cool
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by mrvitalis(m): 6:23pm On Oct 07, 2022
post=117357996:
The truth is that
Obi’s economic plans would rather favour importers to the detriment of local manufacturers.

“Now, let us interrogate this policy on its merit.

“Peter Obi, who is the single largest individual importer in Nigeria, wants to remove “import restrictions.” Yet, this is the same man that wants to “move Nigeria from consumption to production”?
Removing import restriction favours traders, like Obi, but destroys local manufacturing!

“Take Dangote Tomato Paste factory in Kano. If you remove import restrictions, as Obi proposes, his company, Next Cash and Carry, will be able to import cheaper tomato paste from Italy, which will force Dangote Tomato out of business and make thousands of Nigerians he employs unemployed.

“No developed nation grew to the point where they are by removing import restrictions, as Peter Obi proposes.
Such policies only favour traders, like Obi, who only import and sell. A nation can’t grow like that. We must restrict imports so local manufacturers can grow!

“Obi’s plan to remove import restrictions will only favour traders, like him. But it will completely destroy the textile industry in Kaduna and Kano, and the manufacturing sector in Ikeja, Lagos, and Agbara, Ogun State.
Nigeria must produce and not import what we can produce!

“If you remove import restrictions, people, like Peter Obi, whose only motives are quick money, will import champagne from France, whiskey from Scotland, and caviar from Russia. We will end up dissipating our foreign exchange on things Nigeria does not need, because traders want to make profit.

Notice how I have analysed Peter Obi’s policy of removing import restrictions, so traders can import willy nilly and sell to Nigerians.
Notice how I gave examples.
Observe that my points are factual.
Now, read the comments and see how Obidients fail to rebut my facts, but instead insult me.
Then make up your mind
........MRo

OBI IS DULL.
OBI IS IPOB.
IPOB IS OBI.

Go and kill yasef ipob supporter on Nairaland.

You have time replying such kind of people. .
Ignoring such soul is the best.
There is nothing in this world you can say to them to change their hearts of bitterness.
Nothing!

Mr. Peter Obi released a brilliant seven points agenda which was brilliant and inline with latest economic developmental principles ...lots of APC/PDP
quack economics who know absolutely nothing about developmental economics picked on the part where obi said he would "remove import and Forex restrictions " ... saying it would kill the economy

I laugh because that's a primitive way of thinking , and I'm not surprised that's APC way of thinking and have guided there policies since 2015 reason the economy has failed woefully ... protective economy policy never works for anyone let alone a country like ours that cant man our borders effectively

Let me use rice ( a product we all can relate to ) as an example , the APC government banned rice importation into Nigeria hoping with would help local rice farming grow but it's been 7 years and you can go to your local market it's Obvious local rice is less than 10% of rice in the market , so even with the ban foreign rice still enter our market ...we have lost all the revenue that we would have gotten if we allowed importation ...

The solution and what Peter Obi proposing is simple ...since the rice price has stabilized by the market forces at around 35k to 40k for foreign rice which means land cost ( the cost of getting the rice and smuggling it into Nigeria ) is around 30k to 35k ...price of rice internationally is around 450 dollars that's around 16k per bag say 18k plus shipping ... which means we can tax rice importers 15,000 per bag of imported rice ...with Nigeria rice importation said to be 40 million bags per year ..that would give us ...that would give us 600 billion in revenue ...yes APC government has been losing 600 billion yearly

Now with 600 billion war chest you can then begin to tackle the fundamental reasons why Nigerian rice can't compete with imported rice even tho we have cheaper labour and cheaper land ...which is mostly availability of quality seeds for planting , availability of farming and harvesting equipments , access to land for new intending farmers ... processing facilities and most importantly development of rice field clusters

With 100 billion yearly invested in 4 years we can have improved seeds available to every farmer that would guarantee minimum of 6 tons and land uses twice to three times yearly ...up from 1.5 tons once yearly we do now ...the rice farmer can harvest 10 times more from the same land area ...with would significantly reduce his unit cost giving him room to compete ...the idea is to make it possible for local farmers to sale local rice at 15k a bag and still make loads of profit ....

if the quality of the local rice is the same or at least 90% as good as the imported rice and the rice is half of the imported rice believe me rice importation would die a natural death

This is my take and I hope it helps you understand that removing trade restrictions and proper use of the revenue generated would help develop the economy and strengthen local industries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by fatboyslym007: 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
Walahi, Nigerians don suffer under many 7-point agenda that I dey get PTSD everytime I hear it...

Please, Obi don't follow footsteps of those x-point agenda mongers...

Chai only God go save 9ja...
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by nigeriancritic1(m): 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Johel(m): 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
SteveDGreat:
Watch Video of Kenneth Okonkwo Explaining Peter Obi Seven Point Agenda.

Even Seun was daze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhTPcD82H4s

https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1578090387587174400?t=0Fon1yOtK7wjasOSic_tzg&s=19

Omo... Kenneth is so intelligent o, Mehn!... presently,Nobody in PDP or APC can speak fluently like this....All he said is LEGIT!, He came prepared!... Nice!
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Costanza: 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2022
I’ll never understand why politicians limit agendas to 7. Why not 10? Nigeria is in a Rot so he might as well come up with 15 point agenda
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by RxCatalyst: 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2022
obembet:
Stupid animal. Na this same Kenneth Okonkwo promote Buhari 2019, praise him up and down. The man enjoy APC for 7 yrs +.

This is one of the reason I don't believe in this Obidient movement. If Lai Mohammed decamp tomorrow, they will praise him.

Don't forget to vote Atiku 2023. Obituary will never be your portion.

Tinubu don old
And Atiku is young.... Where do you keep your brain?
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by RxCatalyst: 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
franchasofficia:
Let me tell you all, forget about all the tribal and religious higgy hagga politicians are using to deceive Nigerians to support them. Every Nigerian, including Atiku and Tinubu know that Peter Obi of Labour Party is simply the best candidate and the man Nigeria needs desperately come 2023.

If Atiku were to be younger such that he could contest again, I tell you all, Atiku would have endorsed Obi and worked for Obi to become President in 2023. Atiku even told Nyesome Wike before the PDP Primaries that let PDP Presidential ticket be microzoned to Southeast and let Peter Obi become the consensus candidate but Wike refused. Atiku then said if the ticket can't be microzoned to Southeast or Northeast, then it should be thrown open and that he wishes to run again with Peter Obi but Wike deceived other PDP Governors as they quickly reached a consensus that whoever wins PDP ticket must pick a serving PDP Governor as his running mate.

Atiku was indirectly telling PDP knuckleheads that Peter Obi was the right person to fly their ticket and that if Obi cant fly it, then he Atiku will contest.

Atiku knows he is a corrupt man just like Bola Tinubu but he believes that if the Presidency can't go to a capable incorruptible man like Peter Obi then it is better for it to come to him than any other corrupt criminal politician like Tinubu.

Now why is Peter Obi the best to rule Nigeria?

Peter Obi carefully outlined the issues that has bedevilled Nigeria over the years and also proffered practical solutions to change the narrative once and for all.

How, you may ask? Peter Obi said:

1. I can’t sleep because I know what to do! I have gone round the 36 States of the country like I have gone round 31 countries of the world, I know the problems of Nigeria and I know I can fix them easily! Because I can see them, I can fix them!

2. Hunger takes people to the streets! Job and food will obviously take them out of crimes! That’s my specialty, creating jobs and wealth!

3. I have not come out for myself! I have come out for the millions of youths that are losing hope in our beloved country!

I have come out for the millions of women who are afraid of tomorrow and what it holds for them and their children! I have come out for the poor who are asking weather it’s a sin to be a Nigerian! For them, I have come!

4. For people who are asking if Peter Obi has ‘structure’, what structure is bigger and stronger than the collective will of the masses on whose necks the knees of the politicians have been? What structure is greater than the determination of a people who have at last decided to take back their country, their only country?

5. The battle for the rescue of the soul of Nigeria has just begun and we must all be contributive and participative in it.

6. Yes, we may not have the money to share because we didn’t steal any. We have not come to enslave but to serve.

7. Have you imagined somebody giving you money to help you? Bribing you to go and serve you? It’s wisdom to go for a permanent solution than a temporary remedy!

8. This battle is to help Nigerian youths, Market women, struggling families, students, teachers, famers, old and poor, whose helpless looking faces I see everywhere I go. It’s for these people that l, Peter Obi, have come! However, like a drowning man, they must bring out their hands to be saved!

9. In this battle, if you can’t fly, run! If you can’t run, walk! If you can’t walk, crawl! If you can’t crawl, roll! If you can’t roll, shout! By all means we must be on the move and we must be heard!

10. These people are more than 50 million of the Nigerian voting adults. They have the power. Their destiny is in their hands so they can change it. If they will it, they will win it!

11. Remember, the man with energy will always be at the mercy of the man with strategy based on synergy. With God on our side, we shall not fail and we shall not fall! May God help us! God bless Nigeria!

12. I will rather lose doing the right thing than win doing the wrong thing.

13. Nigeria must move beyond oil; we must move from Consumption to Production nation.
Please help us to summarize all the jargons you copied and paste from top to buttom
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by ufuosman(m): 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nice one
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by baresi22: 6:38pm On Oct 07, 2022
I have lived and worked in United Kingdom, Australia and Canada. Most Western countries remove import and export restrictions. You only increase the import duties of some targeted items so as to encourage local production. For example, if you restrict importation of cars, local manufacturing companies cannot meet up with demand in Nigeria. You will encourage smuggling and other vices and short-change yourself by not getting revenue from import duties.

In my opinion, removing these restrictions is something that should be encouraged, while one creating an investor friendly country.

It is usually only when advanced nations want to sanction some countries that they implement ban or restrictions.

The main things that can save Nigeria is to reduce cost of governance, reduce corruption by block leakages using technology,investment in regenerative projects, exploring renewable energy sources and finally vote for a good leader. From my observations among the leading candidates, only Peter seems to show commitment and understanding of how to effect the much needed change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by franchasofficia: 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
RxCatalyst:

Please help us to summarize all the jargons you copied and paste from top to buttom
Every Nigerian, including Atiku and Tinubu know that Peter Obi of Labour Party is simply the best candidate and the man Nigeria needs desperately come 2023

Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by RxCatalyst: 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
Akurakambe:

At least give credit to where you copied this myopic point from. These Agbado people are miscreants and no nothing about the monetary policy. Thiefn.ubu thuggery has taken greater part of their lives. So shameful.
How far?
Where are bakkasi boys now �... IPOB men nko?
Re: Kenneth Okonkwo Explains Peter Obi's 7-Point Agenda (Video) by Theoarhics: 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
The guy is sound. Would make a very good spokesman for Labour Party.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LASU, UNILAG, LAUTECH, LASUED & LASUSTECH Students Endorse Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu / Too Much Talk About Probe, A Distraction, Kukah Tells Buhari / Court Bars Banks From ‘instigating’ Kashamu’s Arrest - The Nations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.