Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

African Countries Population Living Below The Extreme Poverty Line In 2022 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African Countries Population Living Below The Extreme Poverty Line In 2022 (326 Views)

Percentage of the population living in their State of origin / Percentage Of The Population Living In Their State Of Origin / Economic Reforms: Nigerians Under Poverty Line Rise To 104m — World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Countries Population Living Below The Extreme Poverty Line In 2022 by Lordsonn: 9:00am On Oct 07, 2022
African countries with the highest share of global population living below the extreme poverty line in 2022

Source: Statista https://www.statista.com/statistics/1228553/extreme-poverty-as-share-of-global-population-in-africa-by-country/

Re: African Countries Population Living Below The Extreme Poverty Line In 2022 by SpatialKing(m): 9:01am On Oct 07, 2022
Nigeria
Re: African Countries Population Living Below The Extreme Poverty Line In 2022 by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 07, 2022
grin grin
Like seriously
Re: African Countries Population Living Below The Extreme Poverty Line In 2022 by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 07, 2022
Chaiii
Re: African Countries Population Living Below The Extreme Poverty Line In 2022 by Lordsonn: 9:11am On Oct 07, 2022
Even in DR Congo that they are still fighting war, life is better there than Nigeria.

It is a shame that Somalia and Sudan have lower poverty rate than Nigeria. Two countries that are cursed with unending conflicts.
Re: African Countries Population Living Below The Extreme Poverty Line In 2022 by SecretSpy666: 9:14am On Oct 07, 2022
This is serious
Re: African Countries Population Living Below The Extreme Poverty Line In 2022 by N3TRAL: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2022
I have read Statista's publication regarding the subject matter.

The definition of extreme poverty line, according to Statista, is living below $1.90 a day. This morning, dollar sold for 745 Naira at Nigeria's parallel money market. Put differently, if you live below 1500 Naira daily, you fall within the poverty spectrum.

Purchasing Power Parity should be taken into consideration because going by the research variables of Statista, the minimum wage in Nigeria is below the poverty line grin

30,000 Naira a month means that the minimum wage provides for roughly 1000 Naira a day. I presume that the official dollar exchange rate of $400-$450 was used which would mean that no government employee made it below the extreme poverty line. The statistics could have been worse.

Nigeria's huge population also makes the statistics depressing for us.
Re: African Countries Population Living Below The Extreme Poverty Line In 2022 by Blackfire(m): 10:39am On Oct 07, 2022
Fake news

Liars

Wailers

Structure less party thinking

We tge the youths are solidly behind our darling president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Countries Population Living Below The Extreme Poverty Line In 2022 by Mystic216: 10:48am On Oct 07, 2022
The almighty self acclaimed giant of Africa
Re: African Countries Population Living Below The Extreme Poverty Line In 2022 by Lordsonn: 10:50am On Oct 07, 2022
Blackfire:
Fake news

Liars

Wailers

Structure less party thinking

We tge the youths are solidly behind our darling president

Please check the source before talking anyhow. Statista is a German company, it has nothing to do with presidential elections in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Adamu, Buni, Others Shun Tinubu’s Meeting / I Will Not Support Muslim-muslim Ticket Neither Will I Support Atiku.. Gov Wike / The Only Offense I Committed Is That I Want To Be President - Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.