Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,530 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election (760 Views)

Obiano Ends IPOB Monday Stay-at-home Blight On Anambra People / Rhodes-Vivour: Some Supreme Court Decisions Don't Make Sense Anymore / This Ananbra Man Gave 60 Trailer Bags Of Rice To Anambra People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by Lindner: 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
A friend and I are planning to come home for holiday towards the election period. We both have valid voters card.

Note: We are both 100% politically neutral. We also don't give a **** about religion, ethnicity e.t.c

We just don't want a repeat of the "Sai Baba" hype of 2015 that brought us all to this very point as a country.

Supporting the Sai Baba movement has haunted me ever since. My eye just clear from the very first month Buhari became President. It's been a disaster!!! Unfortunately, alot of people can't run away from the country like we did.

So the race is looking more like it's going to be between Peter Obi and Asiwaju and the media hype is deafening.

I know all about Asiwaju's achievement in Lagos since I lived and worked in Lagos for almost a decade and I also know much about his not-so-good record.

On the other hand, I don't know much about Peter Obi other than he was once a Governor. Never been to Anambra before but he looks like a good alternative.

In the spirit of not repeating the "Sai Baba" error by supporting either Asiwaju or PO without asking intelligent questions, please (People of Anambra) help itemize or summarize his success stories as a Governor as well as his bad reputation. Only Anambra people or if you know the history of Anambr very well abeg.

PS: PO's supporters around here don't know either but are afraid to ask or too lazy to research. This is part of my own research. They said his achievement is that he paid salaries and pensions on time.
Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by Adedapo57: 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2022
Who is shaking the tabie
Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by hegelian: 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lindner:
A friend and I are planning to come home for holiday towards the election period. We both have valid voters card.

Note: We are both 100% politically neutral. We also don't give a **** about religion, ethnicity e.t.c

We just don't want a repeat of the "Sai Baba" hype of 2015 that brought us all to this very point as a country.

Supporting the Sai Baba movement has haunted me ever since. My eye just clear from the very first month Buhari became President. It's been a disaster!!! Unfortunately, alot of people can't run away from the country like we did.

So the race is looking more like it's going to be between Peter Obi and Asiwaju and the media hype is deafening.

I know all about Asiwaju's achievement in Lagos since I lived and worked in Lagos for almost a decade and I also know much about his not-so-good record.

On the other hand, I don't know much about Peter Obi other than he was once a Governor. Never been to Anambra before but he looks like a good alternative.

In the spirit of not repeating the "Sai Baba" error by supporting either Asiwaju or PO without asking intelligent questions, please (People of Anambra) help itemize or summarize his success stories as a Governor as well as his bad reputation. Only Anambra people or if you know the history of Anambr very well abeg.

PS: PO's supporters around here don't know either but are afraid to ask or too lazy to research. This is part of my own research. They said his achievement is that he paid salaries and pensions on time.

If indeed you are a neutral person, then asking anyone to tell you about any candidates ain't the right way to go.. The internet is there for you to research all you need to know.. Approach all info wit an open mind and explore all you read, expand your imagination and you can easily have your answers.. The only reason why we all go to school is to be able to infer from gigantum of info at our disposal and make decision..just try and approach all info with an open mind.. I'm sure you will get to fall in love with obi at the end

7 Likes

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by bender79: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
Go and research about ANIDS Anambra integrated development stratergy. It was Peter Obi's blue print in Anambra state. Besides Anambra was hell under PDP until Peter Obi came. If you listened to Keneth Okonkwo on TV, he said that Anambra people became endeared to Apga because of Peter Obi's performance. My brother if you are not a disguised urchin, pls I want to encourage you to make your individual research.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by 9japride(m): 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
It really funny how an adult can be deceived to to make wrong choice during election. So if some like Reno, Fkk, El rufia's son(who always attack the south east), Dino etc comes out for the post of the president in this our diverse country, you will still have doubts about electing them? This thread smells like what them Apc cooked in the kitchen. Vote for BAT since you don't know who has the best interest of the country at heart among all those contesting.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by Lindner: 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2022
hegelian:

If indeed you are a neutral person, then asking anyone to tell you about any candidates ain't the right way to go.. The internet is there for you to research all you need to know.. Approach all info wit an open mind and explore all you read, expand your imagination and you can easily have your answers.. The only reason why we all go to school is to be able to infer from gigantum of info at our disposal and make decision..just try and approach all info with an open mind.. I'm sure you will get to fall in love with obi at the end

A section of my post says "this is part of my own research". I thank you for your suggestion but I've enough online already. As you know, there are tons of false info and propaganda online these days. Same strategy the "Sai Babsla" menace thrived on in 2015. So, it's a combination of online plus direct enquiries of first hand info and common sense.

Who better to ask than the people who lived, worked and experienced his administration as a Governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by hegelian: 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lindner:

A section of my post says "this is part of my own research". I thank you for your suggestion but I've enough online already. As you know, there are tons of false info and propaganda online these days. Same strategy the "Sai Babsla" menace thrived on in 2015. So, it's a combination of online plus direct enquiries of first hand info and common sense.

Who better to ask than the people who lived, worked and experienced his administration as a Governor.

Like I said do your own research.. There is no way you will do a good research and activate your reading between the lines and you will support, defend or vote pmb.. Pmb was just a wrong candidates to vote for in 2015 or anytime even tinubu attested to that in the time past.. What I have always taught my students and siblings and those that look towards me for guidance is the mentality and the ability to read between the lines cos with it you can make a wise decision from a multitude of wrong and bad infos.. I dont hold grudges or blame politicians or anyone that support a bad candidates provided you are benefiting from it but it becomes an aberration, a summersault once you begin to defend your oppressor or defend someone u won't benefit from..

1 Like

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by Lindner: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
9japride:
It really funny how an adult can be deceived to to make wrong choice during election. So if some like Reno, Fkk, El rufia's son(who always attack the south east), Dino etc comes out for the post of the president in this our diverse country, you will still have doubts about electing them? Thus thread smells like what them Apc cooked in the kitchen. Vote for BAT since you don't know who has the best interest of the country at heart among all those contesting.

Just move on to the next thread. Your kind are quick to spot. With all the right decisions your adult self has made, see where it has led you. Everybody just has to be APC, PDP or LP to you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by hegelian: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2022
hegelian:

Like I said do your own research.. There is no way you will do a good research and activate your reading between the lines and you will support, defend or vote pmb.. Pmb was just a wrong candidates to vote for in 2015 or anytime even tinubu attested to that on the time past.. What I have always thought my students and siblings and those that look towards me for guidance is the mentality and the ability to read between the lines cos with it you can make a wise decision from a multitude of wrong and bad infos.. I dont hold grudges or blame politicians or anyone that support a bad candidates provided you are benefiting from it but it becomes an aberration, a summersault once you begin to defend your oppressor or defend someone u won't benefit from..

Also you should know that this is this the first time since 1999 that a general is not contesting for election which is a good thing for us, cos it means we are moving away from the old ways and ushering in the new era...one on one Obis just a bit better than tinubu and atiku but the huge benefit for the country is that he is a departure from the past..tinubu and atiku belong to the old political ways, political thinking and old political ideologies and its time we retire them all and move forward.. we had the opportunity with GEJ and instead of moving forward, we moved backward ( even if we dont want gej, we should have looked for someone better, more futuristic and not going back because a progress is a progress even if its 0.01% but instead we went back to the old ways and here we have the result)...
im not talking about the good or bad quality of obi but the implication of having him at this time...

Also you should know that political loyalty dont develop a nation...if you want a nation to develop, pray your politicians dont have loyalty to their political ways but to their dreams for the nation that bring them in because almost all politicans have good intentions but political loyalty derail them once in but here in nigeria we are loyal to fault, which was why we hardly criticise those that have done something good for us even if they are evil and satanic but the igbos are not that big on political loyalty which is why you hardly see a successful political gofdather among them and its also a plus for us this time cos we dont need silly loyalty now(if you think im wrong check all successful nation and you can easily the role lack of political loyalty does to their politics e.g england, usa,china etc)

3 Likes

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by Lindner: 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2022
hegelian:

Also you should know that this is this the first time since 1999 that a general is not contesting for election which is a good thing for us, cos it means we are moving away from the old ways and ushering in the new era...one on one Obis just a bit better than tinubu and atiku but the huge benefit for the country is that he is a departure from the past..tinubu and atiku belong to the old political ways, political thinking and old political ideologies and its time we retire them all and move forward.. we had the opportunity with GEJ and instead of moving forward, we moved backward ( even if we dont want gej, we should have looked for someone better, more futuristic and not going back because a progress is a progress even if its 0.01% but instead we went back to the old ways and here we have the result)...
im not talking about the good or bad quality of obi but the implication of having him at this time...

Also you should know that political loyalty dont develop a nation...if you want a nation to develop, pray your politicians dont have loyalty to their political ways but to their dreams for the nation that bring them in because almost all politicans have good intentions but political loyalty derail them once in but here in nigeria we are loyal to fault, which was why we hardly criticise those that have done something good for us even if they are evil and satanic but the igbos are not that big on political loyalty which is why you hardly see a successful political gofdather among them and its also a plus for us this time cos we dont need silly loyalty now(if you think im wrong check all successful nation and you can easily the role lack of political loyalty does to their politics e.g england, usa,china etc)

Now you're talking!

But let's leave Tinubu and Atiku out of the discussion. We have done the comparison based on current realities and we know who is better- Reason I said PO looks good on paper. However, I've learnt that the best judge of future performance is historical performance. There's a high probability that someone who has done something in the past would replicate it, all other things being equal.

Now back to my original question. What was life like for the Anambra people when PO was a Governor. We know it's impossible to please everyone, but were the majority people happy? Also, It shouldn't be difficult to mention one or two verifiable things (should be more though) the did to better people's lives.
Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by hegelian: 9:21pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lindner:

Now you're talking!

But let's leave Tinubu and Atiku out of the discussion. We have done the comparison based on current realities and we know who is better- Reason I said PO looks good on paper. However, I've learnt that the best judge of future performance is historical performance. There's a high probability that someone who has done something in the past would replicate it, all other things being equal.

Now back to my original question. What was life like for the Anambra people when PO was a Governor. We know it's impossible to please everyone, but were the majority people happy? Also, It shouldn't be difficult to mention one or two verifiable things (should be more though) the did to better people's lives.

Economic wise no state can be better than the other in Nigeria because Nigeria is a federal state and whatever affect kaduna affect bayelsa aside security which is mostly local and that is even majorly dictated by the federal govt.. However comparing anambra state with most state during his time using the normal HDI performance metrics obi performed better.. I will look for the link that compare all HDI parameters of the time with other people using data from recognized institution.. And from personal experience wise I served in Anambra during his time around 2006/2007 and I worked in Lagos between 2007 and 2010, I have lived and worked in twenty plus states across the federation including the north so I can compare without prejudice..for the record I'm from the North Central and I don't do religion so no bias whatsoever for me..this for me is not about individual bias but the future of the country because the truth is as I have come to realized is that Nigeria cannot break, reason is we are far more connected than we are divided so its better we look to the brighter side and develop or look for ways to heal and grow

1 Like

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by Innocentman86: 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Another cheap attempt by skull minerrs to paint obi black but we have past these level.
Peter obi for presy,don't mind agbadorians grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by tctrills: 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2022
Lindner:

You say there are tons of false info and propaganda online but you think Nairaland is the best place to get the correct info. Oga, no one would do you research for you. If you are truly looking to make the right leadership choice you should not be looking for answers on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by tctrills: 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2022
As I told you earlier, you don't need anyone to help you make sense of Obi but if you want to read and educate yourself, then the link below would solve your problems.
https://switchnigeria.com/2022/10/07/data-shows-peter-obi-outperformed-tinubu-fashola/

1 Like

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by pquaver(m): 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2022
bender79:
Go and research about ANIDS Anambra integrated development stratergy. It was Peter Obi's blue print in Anambra state. Besides Anambra was hell under PDP until Peter Obi came. If you listened to Keneth Okonkwo on TV, he said that Anambra people became endeared to Apga because of Peter Obi's performance. My brother if you are not a disguised urchin, pls I want to encourage you to make your individual research.

Are the people of the South East endeared to pdp because of pdp performance? Just asking in response to the bolded. Because I know Kenneth okonkwo will say it anyhow it will favour his part. He is a politician
Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by leksite120(m): 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2022
If you are not deceiving yourself and you're truly looking for their achievements, Tinubu is way better than Obi. Tinubu made intelligent and long-lasting solutions to problems and he provide impactful and futuristic solutions for Lagos which no other Governor can boast of.
Don't be deceived by people gaslighting Obi, he's no different from the average Governor.
Why is it that people didn't speak about him after leaving government like the likes of Fashola, Ambode, Aregbe( at least), Kwakwanso, and even Ngige but suddenly remember he was an exceptional governor now cos he's contesting for the president

But you can actually disqualify him on the basis of health.

So it's in your hand to decide .
Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by bender79: 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2022
pquaver:

Are the people of the South East endeared to pdp because of pdp performance? Just asking in response to the bolded. Because I know Kenneth okonkwo will say it anyhow it will favour his part. He is a politician
Maybe you should find out why Apga has survived all this years even with the intimidation of the big parties. Are you aware that Peter obi have beat a combination of Soludo, Andy uba and ngige in elections before? If he didn't perform there is no way he could have done that.

1 Like

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by femianski: 10:06pm On Oct 07, 2022
OP go through this thread below. This thread was created in 2013 by Anambra inhabitants
https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

1 Like

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by pquaver(m): 2:14am On Oct 08, 2022
bender79:
Maybe you should find out why Apga has survived all this years even with the intimidation of the big parties. Are you aware that Peter obi have beat a combination of Soludo, Andy uba and ngige in elections before? If he didn't perform there is no way he could have done that.

I am asking a sincere question.. Let take your logic to Abia and delta and apply it.. Is it because of the good works of pdp the are rooted deep in these states? Ikpeazu defeated likes otti and others so, is it his good performance or the good performance of Theodore Orji that is responsible for that?
Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by bender79: 6:43am On Oct 08, 2022
pquaver:

I am asking a sincere question.. Let take your logic to Abia and delta and apply it.. Is it because of the good works of pdp the are rooted deep in these states? Ikpeazu defeated likes otti and others so, is it his good performance or the good performance of Theodore Orji that is responsible for that?
I don't know how you will compare Abia and Anambra in terms of voting? If there is any south east state that votes track record is Anambra state. Anambra state don't care who you are where you come from. That is why a relatively unknown obi was voted overwhelmingly even without a structure at that time.
Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:52am On Oct 08, 2022
Lindner:

You can help yourself with this thread or go to YouTube

https://www.nairaland.com/7313723/some-projects-done-peter-obi
Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by 9japride(m): 7:14am On Oct 08, 2022
Lindner:

Just move on to the next thread. Your kind are quick to spot. With all the right decisions your adult self has made, see where it has led you. Everybody just has to be APC, PDP or LP to you.
[color=#006600][/color]

I look at individual and not party. Maybe you don't understand me. A sensible person will know who is fake or not, but tribalism won't allow people to make the right decision. Vote wisely.
Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 08, 2022
hegelian:

Economic wise no state can be better than the other in Nigeria because Nigeria is a federal state and whatever affect kaduna affect bayelsa aside security which is mostly local and that is even majorly dictated by the federal govt.. However comparing anambra state with most state during his time using the normal HDI performance metrics obi performed better.. I will look for the link that compare all HDI parameters of the time with other people using data from recognized institution.. And from personal experience wise I served in Anambra during his time around 2006/2007 and I worked in Lagos between 2007 and 2010, I have lived and worked in twenty plus states across the federation including the north so I can compare without prejudice..for the record I'm from the North Central and I don't do religion so no bias whatsoever for me..this for me is not about individual bias but the future of the country because the truth is as I have come to realized is that Nigeria cannot break, reason is we are far more connected than we are divided so its better we look to the brighter side and develop or look for ways to heal and grow

Your first sentence is the very opposite of what a federal system is. You're confusing the warped system being practised in Nigeria with a federal system.
Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by stankelz: 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2022
Lindner:

Hey bro. Hope you’re good man? I sent you mails but you haven’t replied. What’s popping, would like to chat with you Abeg, need to inquire about something

Re: Anambra People, Please Help Make Sense Of This 2023 Election by stankelz: 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2022
Lindner:

Hey bro. Hope you’re good man? I sent you mails but you haven’t replied. What’s popping, would like to chat with you Abeg, need to inquire about something

(1) (Reply)

Months After She Japa-ed To Dubai, Aisha Returns To Naija To Deceive You Again / "Nigerians Remains The Best Structure, APC, PDP Has Nothing On Us" - Datti Baba / Huge Corruption And Terrorism In One Picture, Check It Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.