Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:04 AM

How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? (212 Views)

My Phd Program In Jeopardy. Please Help (pictures) / I Regret Finishing My Phd At 26 / I Made A Third Class Now I Have An Msc About To Apply For My Phd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? by Nvgvup: 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2022
Good evening good people of Nairaland.

I'm currently having a hard time with my Graduate studies application and that is in the area of research experience.
I studied Chemistry Education in the University and finished with first class (CGPA = 4.94) and I'll love to pursue a PhD in Chemistry (energy storage/conversion option) in the US as it has more funding options .
The only research experience i have is in education and I feel its just irrelevant to this field.

I have drafted an SOP, i have an academic CV ready, my transcript is available as well.
I will be glad if i can start my PhD this 2023. But i don't know how I can gather as much research experience that'll make my application a competitive one and I'll get funding as well.

Please, i will really appreciate any help I can get. I have been working really hard and I don't plan on giving up soon. A lot of people are looking up to me.
Re: How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? by budaatum: 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nvgvup:
The only research experience i have is in education and I feel its just irrelevant to this field.

How can you possibly only have research experience in education when I can clearly see you have experience in research too?

And how can you not see you'd have even more experience in research if you continue doing the research you are doing here already?
Re: How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? by Nvgvup: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2022
budaatum:

How can you possibly only have research experience in education when I can clearly see you have experience in research too?

And how can you not see you'd have even more experience in research if you continue doing the research you are doing here already?

Please, can you kindly expatiate on this..... I don't think I fully understand your perspective
Re: How Can I Get Research Experience For My Phd Program? by budaatum: 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2022
Nvgvup:

Please, can you kindly expatiate on this..... I don't think I fully understand your perspective

And you don't seem to know the right questions to ask neither, it seems.

Research is a skill you obtain by doing research, and the fact that you have researched in one field should give you knowledge of research in general.

But since you don't know this already, please do some research on research and read books on it too. And post here what you find so you can help others and be helped too, please.

And for Christ sake, do learn to ask the right questions, for that is the very beginning of research.

(1) (Reply)

AAUA Releases 2021/2022 Post-utme/de Supplementary Admission Form / How To Stop Facebook Video Auto Play That Consumes My Internet Data / The Importance Of Children's Educational Games May Leave You Wondering As A Pare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.