Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? (1593 Views)

Who Was "Jesus Ben Ananias" Similar To Jesus Christ 2000 Years Ago By Josephus / Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? ~ � / Why Don't People Die In Churches Anymore Like Ananias And Sappiha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Jamestaiwo: 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2022
WHO KILLED ANANIAS AND SAPPHIRE? 

People can easily single out the Holy Spirit.

Some others can easily single out Peter.

While few others who see and understand can boldly say SATAN!

Meanwhile, we must know what our different results represent and what they can do and can't do..............���

https://latestloaded.com.ng/who-killed-ananias-and-sapphire/
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Righthussle: 7:17pm On Oct 07, 2022
This life eh. See wetin dey occupy this one mind.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MindHacker9009(m): 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2022
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Kobojunkie: 7:30pm On Oct 07, 2022
Jamestaiwo:
1. People can easily single out the Holy Spirit. Some others can easily single out Peter.
2. While few others who see and understand can boldly say SATAN!

Meanwhile, we must know what our different results represent and what they can do and can't do..............���
1. According to the story, Peter didn't lay a finger on any of them, so it couldn't have been him. undecided

2. There is no mention of Satan in the context of that there story. undecided

3. The Holy Spirit is the one who both were accused of speaking against.. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Tboy222: 7:34pm On Oct 07, 2022
Your question should not be who but what killed them.

Well their greed killed them, they were beneficiaries of others contributions. But when it got to their turn they had it in mind to cheat and to deceive.

Now the Holy Spirit by revelation had told Peter what would occur and what steps to take, to serve as an example to those who would have it in mind to tow that crooked path.

Now this is a lesson to us all ,because God's grace and mercy abounds in us, we should think it wise and dutiful to serve our Lord Jesus Christ with fear and trembling.

For it says in the Holy Word of the Lord in the book of Psalm 2:11 " Psalms 2:11 (KJV) Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

May the Good Lord extend his grace towards you all Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Truvelisback(m): 7:54pm On Oct 07, 2022
Jamestaiwo:

Peter's word attracted the anger of The HolySpirit on them. They wouldn't have died if Peter had ignored their errors and refrain from making his statement.

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by FaceTanke: 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2022
Na God
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by kkins25(m): 12:24am On Oct 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. According to the story, Peter didn't lay a finger on any of them, so it couldn't have been him. undecided

3. The Holy Spirit is the one who both were accused of speaking against.. lipsrsealed
So who killed them?
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Kobojunkie: 1:07am On Oct 08, 2022
kkins25:

So who killed them?
Who else? undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:50am On Oct 08, 2022
Tboy222:

Your question should not be who but what killed them.
You people always claim the Holy Ghost is a person but i'm really surprised as none of you can come out confidently to say the killer is Mr Holy Ghost.
The OP asked a straightforward question that any of you churchgoers could have answered easily if truly the Spirit is a person but now instead of answering him directly you are changing the question from:
WHO killed them to WHAT killed them?
Misinformed Churchgoers! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:12am On Oct 08, 2022
The Holy Spirit is God's Active Force it's like electricity that can power so many things and at the same time can be destructive when mishandled. This force is what was permeating the first century Christian congregation as they were all doing things in common.
The move to strike a balance between the rich and the poor did not come from the apostles because Jesus once told them:

For you always have the poor with you" Mark 14:7
According to God's only begotten Son poor ones will continue to be part of God's people until God's Kingdom comes with great relief for all {Zechariah 3:10} so when the newly baptized Christians thought it's wrong to have stinkingly rich ones as well as poor brothers {Act 4:32-35} the apostles supposed to explain to them what Jesus said regarding the issue but they didn't. Jesus has promised that the heavens will grant whatever the apostles decree in his name {Matthew 16:19} so when the apostles supported the move whether it's right or wrong God's Active Force is wired to the arrangement automatically.
Therefore whoever mishandle what the Force is connected to at that moment in time will be destroyed. Of course the Apostles stopped that arrangement immediately after the death of that couple they remembered Jesus' words when he told them that it's not possible for now to erase poverty in their midst! Matthew 26:11; Mark 14:7; John 12:8

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Tboy222: 7:03am On Oct 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You people always claim the Holy Ghost is a person but i'm really surprised as none of you can come out confidently to say the killer is Mr Holy Ghost.
The OP asked a straightforward question that any of you churchgoers could have answered easily if truly the Spirit is a person but now instead of answering him directly you are changing the question from:
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Tboy222: 7:10am On Oct 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I didn't say the Holy Ghost is a person, Jesus Christ himself referred to the Holy Ghost as a person, don't mistake the Word of God for a person.

He told them (disciples) before he left, that he would send a comforter, he would send another.meaning someone else like himself, another personality. He didn't say element, or property ." I will leave, but another would come ,and he shall ( notice the word (HE)). teach you all things.

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:24am On Oct 08, 2022
Tboy222:

I didn't say the Holy Ghost is a person, Jesus Christ himself referred to the Holy Ghost as a person, don't mistake the Word of God for a person. He told them (disciples) before he left, that he would send a comforter, he would send another.meaning someone else like himself, another personality. He didn't say element, or property ." I will leave, but another would come ,and he shall ( notice the word (HE)). teach you all things.

So why can't you answer the simple question since you're convinced that Holy Spirit is a person? smiley
Jesus also referred to wisdom the same way:

"But wisdom is justified of all HER children" Luke 7:35 Holy Bible

Is wisdom also a person? smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by SeniorMan715(m): 10:59am On Oct 08, 2022
Please which religion are you?
MaxInDHouse:

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:28pm On Oct 08, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Please which religion are you?
Christianity.
Which religion is yours?

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by SeniorMan715(m): 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Christianity. Which religion is yours?
Christianity
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2022
SeniorMan715:

Christianity
YES! True CHRISTIANITY! smiley
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by SeniorMan715(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
YES! True CHRISTIANITY! smiley
which is the true Christianity ?
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2022
SeniorMan715:

which is the true Christianity ?
It means you're not a Christian if you don't know that there's a big difference between all the people in various sects claiming Christians and few finding the one and only true Christian group! Matthew 7:13-14 smiley
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2022
@SeniorMan715
Please i'm sorry, i only accept DM from selected JWs.
So if you have anything to ask me let's chat now.
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by SeniorMan715(m): 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2022
I have been seeing your comments and opinion on some religion post and i must be honest with you your answers and explanations are always Facts and easy to understand, Am convinced that you can help me understand the Bible and answer most of my questions.
MaxInDHouse:
@SeniorMan715
Please i'm sorry, i only accept DM from selected JWs.
So if you have anything to ask me let's chat now.
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:57pm On Oct 08, 2022
SeniorMan715:
I have been seeing your comments and opinion on some religion post and i must be honest with you your answers and explanations are always Facts and easy to understand, Am convinced that you can help me understand the Bible and answer most of my questions.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Well i'm just a product of a global family group known as "Jehovah's Witnesses"
So last month we have resumed our preaching and teaching campaign throughout the earth, we will visit your neighbourhood so welcome us and table your questions.
I'm just here to light a touch so if you've found something in my comments it's the handiwork of Jehovah's Witnesses! Matthew 7:16-18

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by SeniorMan715(m): 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2022
Are you from Nigeria?
MaxInDHouse:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Well i'm just a product of a global family group known as "Jehovah's Witnesses"
So last month we have resumed our preaching and teaching campaign throughout the earth, we will visit your neighbourhood so welcome us and table your questions.
I'm just here to light a touch so if you've found something in my comments it's the handiwork of Jehovah's Witnesses! Matthew 7:16-18
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Are you from Nigeria?
YES! And currently in Lagos, Nigeria!
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Broveens42(m): 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2022
Jamestaiwo:

Lol.. it is your inability to clearly define formulated principles, language and intent of the writer that is confusing you.. that's why I do advise my friend max to go back to his native language because he seems confused too grin

I'll break it down...

Acts 5
• But Peter says “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the holy spirit:
The writer also reiterated ..."you have lied to god..." meaning holy spirit = god

The writer only portrayed two principles; Satan & holy spirit/god which are seen in opposition

• "...You have not lied to men but to God.” :
meaning, vengeance would come from biblical god not man

Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last:

....He was killed by god as intended by the writer
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by SeniorMan715(m): 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2022
Okay
MaxInDHouse:
YES! And currently in Lagos, Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by kkins25(m): 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Who else? undecided
Peter and his disciples??
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2022
kkins25:
Peter and his disciples??
Did you read my retort at all? undecided
Kobojunkie:

How could Peter and the others have killed them when there is no mention of them touching either of Ananias or Saphirra while still breathing? NA JUJU DEM USE?. undecided
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by kkins25(m): 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Did you read my retort at all? undecided How could Peter and the others have killed them when there is no mention of them touching either of Ananias or Saphirra while still breathing? NA JUJU DEM USE?. undecided
Because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean they didn't do it. The victors write history after all. Do you read in any American history books that America eliminated the native Americans prior to the awakening era?
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Kobojunkie: 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2022
kkins25:
1. Because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean they didn't do it. The victors write history after all.
2. Do you read in any American history books that America eliminated the native Americans prior to the awakening era?
1. That also means you cannot make any true conclusions since you weren't a direct witness to the events in question yourself, right? undecided

2. Awakening era? If America eliminated the native Americans, are the native Americans peoples and tribes, whose stories still tell of what happened, right here in America, fakes? undecided
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by kkins25(m): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. That also means you cannot make any true conclusions since you weren't a direct witness to the events in question yourself, right? undecided

2. Awakening era? If America eliminated the native Americans, are the native Americans peoples and tribes, whose stories still tell of what happened, right here in America, fakes? undecided
The thing is, it is very unlikely that an so called Holy spirit killed them ... hence, peter or some of his comrades did the killing. there cannot be dead bodies laying at the feet of peter and you'd tell me the Holy spirit killed them. Abi is the holy spirit now a JUJU practitioner

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let It Go For 2006 / The Glories Of Perfect Celibacy / Official Thread Of Calvary Army Ministries, Ejigbo, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.