Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? (1629 Views)

Who Was "Jesus Ben Ananias" Similar To Jesus Christ 2000 Years Ago By Josephus / Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? ~ � / Why Don't People Die In Churches Anymore Like Ananias And Sappiha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2022
kkins25:
1..The thing is, it is very unlikely that an so called Holy spirit killed them ... hence, peter or some of his comrades did the killing. there cannot be dead bodies laying at the feet of peter and you'd tell me the Holy spirit killed them. Abi is the holy spirit now a JUJU practitioner
1. Why is it unlikely that the "so called" holy spirit killed them? undecided

2. What was the motive behind the killings, if we are to assume that Peter and his comrades did the killing? What did they gain from the act? undecided

3. And what did the author of the book gain from including such a story his record of the acts of the Apostles? undecided

Peter was not described as a man who engaged in the diabolic and so suggesting he must have used JUJU of some sort would require some proving as well, right ? undecided
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Broveens42(m): 10:18pm On Oct 08, 2022
kkins25:
Because it wasn't mentioned doesn't mean they didn't do it. The victors write history after all. Do you read in any American history books that America eliminated the native Americans prior to the awakening era?

There's a difference between fiction and context ... Whilst the story doesn't look real, the context points the killer to god...
It's just like all those African magic you watch... You see the chief priest(ezemmuo) coming with his staff to proclaim disaster on an erring fellow, and then you see something like a flash of light, striking down the culprit...

In the story or context of that film, you would never see the Ezemmuo stabbing the culprit with a knife or something...
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MindHacker9009(m): 12:49am On Oct 09, 2022

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Kobojunkie: 1:05am On Oct 09, 2022
MindHacker9009:
1. Also when Rome destroyed Jerusalem and the temple in 70 AD Peter, the apostles and the Holy Spirit could not use the power of the Holy spirit to save their land and temple.

The destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 CE was the End-Time
Why would the Holy Spirit save a temple and land, both condemned to be destroyed in that same generation by God? undecided

Jesus Christ clearly indicated this was to happen during the time of his disciples. So why? undecided
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by kkins25(m): 1:48am On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:

The very reason why you and I know Zeus didn't lock any Titans at Tartarus even though it is written so.

2. What was the motive behind the killings, if we are to assume that Peter and his comrades did the killing? What did they gain from the act? undecided
If me and you do contribution, let's say we each contribute $10,000 at the end of each month. At the end of month 1, You gave me your 10k as per our agreement with the hopes that at the end of the second month, I'd do the same. When the end of the second month comes and i japa with my money, wouldn't you be vexed? We've seen the destructive power of Christians right from the era of Constantine. Peter, who was quick to pull the sword in John 18: 10 says a lot about his character doesn't it?

3. And what did the author of the book gain from including such a story his record of the acts of the Apostles? undecided
That indeed the Holy Spirit is alive and powerful. He might kill you if you don't lay down that 10%. kikiki

Peter was not described as a man who engaged in the diabolic and so suggesting he must have used JUJU of some sort would require some proving as well, right ? undecided
Explain to me then how a man and his wife suddenly drop dead. Heart attack? Stroke?
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On Oct 09, 2022
kkins25:
1. The very reason why you and I know Zeus didn't lock any Titans at Tartarus even though it is written so.

2. If me and you do contribution, let's say we each contribute $10,000 at the end of each month. At the end of month 1, You gave me your 10k as per our agreement with the hopes that at the end of the second month, I'd do the same. When the end of the second month comes and i japa with my money, wouldn't you be vexed? We've seen the destructive power of Christians right from the era of Constantine. Peter, who was quick to pull the sword in John 18: 10 says a lot about his character doesn't it?

3. That indeed the Holy Spirit is alive and powerful. He might kill you if you don't lay down that 10%. kikiki

4. Explain to me then how a man and his wife suddenly drop dead. Heart attack? Stroke?
1. Oh, I see! You want to judge that which concerns the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom not of this world, as you would that which deals simply with the physical world. I get it! I am not interested in doing a documentary on the story. undecided

2. So you are trying to rewrite the story, by adding your own twists and turns as way of answering the question about possible motive? Really? kiss

3. And so he left it to the readers to guess who did it? Come on! undecided

4. Well, why should I? I read the story like you did and the writer was at least clear as far as who he wanted us to believe was responsible for the deaths. You want to find yourself other culprits, go for it. undecided
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:11am On Oct 09, 2022
MindHacker9009:

Also when Rome destroyed Jerusalem and the temple in 70 AD Peter, the apostles and the Holy Spirit could not use the power of the Holy spirit to save their land and temple.
The destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple in 70 CE was the End-Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTxDcif-XT4

Before the destruction of Jerusalem all the Christians in Jerusalem and it's environs has packed their possessions and left according to Jesus' warning:

By your endurance you will preserve your lives. “However, when you see Jerusalem surrounded by encamped armies, then know that the desolating of her has drawn near. Then let those in Ju·deʹa begin fleeing to the mountains, let those in the midst of her leave, and let those in the countryside not enter into her, because these are days for meting out justice in order that all the things written may be fulfilled. Woe to the pregnant women and those nursing a baby in those days! For there will be great distress on the land and wrath against this people. And they will fall by the edge of the sword and be led captive into all the nations; and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled. Luke 21:19-24

All these happened to the Jews because they cursed themselves and their land by shedding the blood of innocent servants of God {Matthew 23:34-37} and the worst of it all they killed God's only begotten Son saying:

“Let his blood come upon us and upon our children.” Matthew 27:25

So even though Peter and his fellow believers love Jerusalem just like their master Jesus they can't force God to love those who hate God! Proverbs 8:36

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Jamestaiwo: 7:44am On Oct 09, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol.. it is your inability to clearly define formulated principles, language and intent of the writer that is confusing you.. that's why I do advise my friend max to go back to his native language because he seems confused too grin

I'll break it down...

Acts 5
• But Peter says “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the holy spirit:
The writer also reiterated ..."you have lied to god..." meaning holy spirit = god

The writer only portrayed two principles; Satan & holy spirit/god which are seen in opposition

• "...You have not lied to men but to God.” :
meaning, vengeance would come from biblical god not man

Then Ananias, hearing these words, fell down and breathed his last:

....He was killed by god as intended by the writer

I would like you to click the below the post to have full knowledge of what the writer was saying.
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Jamestaiwo: 7:55am On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:

It wasn't the Holy Spirit that killed them, I would like you to click the Link below the Post, to have the full knowledge of what the writer was communicating.

The motive for the Story is to show the Growing of the Early Church, how after being saved, still Mixing Law and Grace as a means of Teaching People.

Peter didn't use Juju, but their is something that condemn, accuse and kill that is the Law.
2 Corinthians 3:6-7
[6]Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
[7]But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

The Letter was the Law, Peter preached the Law of condemnation which result into Condemnation, Accusation, and ultimately death.

The Woman that was caught in Fornication act, Jesus didn't condemn her, but speak the word of Grace to Her. The Audiences (The Law) wanted to Kill her, if not for Jesus(Grace) that delivered her from them.
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MindHacker9009(m): 7:55am On Oct 09, 2022
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Jamestaiwo: 7:59am On Oct 09, 2022
Righthussle:
This life eh. See wetin dey occupy this one mind.
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Kobojunkie: 8:02am On Oct 09, 2022
Jamestaiwo:
1. It wasn't the Holy Spirit that killed them, I would like you to click the Link below the Post, to have the full knowledge of what the writer was communicating.

2. The motive for the Story is to show the Growing of the Early Church, how after being saved, still Mixing Law and Grace as a means of Teaching People.

3. The Letter was the Law, Peter preached the Law of condemnation which result into Condemnation, Accusation, and ultimately death.
The Woman that was caught in Fornication act, Jesus didn't condemn her, but speak the word of Grace to Her. The Audiences (The Law) wanted to Kill her, if not for Jesus(Grace) that delivered her from them.
1. I don't follow. undecided

2. Motive is growth of what church? undecided

Mixing Law and grace? Do you even begin to understand what the law is at that point and what grace refers to based on the law? undecided

This is why I so much hate soundbite Christianity.... spewing a lot of meaningless gobbledegook all over the place as if by doing so they accomplish much. undecided

3. what the hell has any of this nonsense to do with the story of Ananias and Saphira abeg? undecided
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Jamestaiwo: 8:03am On Oct 09, 2022
Truvelisback:
Peter's word attracted the anger of The HolySpirit on them. They wouldn't have died if Peter had ignored their errors and refrain from making his statement.

It wasn't the anger of Holy Spirit, it was the Accusation and condemnation that came out of Peter that killed them
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Kobojunkie: 8:03am On Oct 09, 2022
Jamestaiwo:
It wasn't the anger of Holy Spirit, it was the Accusation and condemnation that came out of Peter that killed them
ROFLMAO
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:10am On Oct 09, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Jesus ask Christians to flee to the mountains. So where did they flee to?
May you have SENSE angry

His said FLEE (LEAVE) Jerusalem and so they did!

Then let those in Ju·deʹa begin FLEEING to the mountains, let those in the midst of her leave, and let those in the countryside not enter into her. Luke 21:21 wink
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Broveens42(m): 8:14am On Oct 09, 2022
Jamestaiwo:

It wasn't the Holy Spirit that killed them, I would like you to click the Link below the Post, to have the full knowledge of what the writer was communicating.

The motive for the Story is to show the Growing of the Early Church, how after being saved, still Mixing Law and Grace as a means of Teaching People.

Peter didn't use Juju, but their is something that condemn, accuse and kill that is the Law.
2 Corinthians 3:6-7
[6]Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
[7]But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

The Letter was the Law, Peter preached the Law of condemnation which result into Condemnation, Accusation, and ultimately death.

Lol... There is nothing like law about what Peter said... Some characters in the OT lied to seek favor or escape danger, and it wasn't counted against them. It is not same as bearing false witness against a neighbor.

The whole event was just to suggest that Satan and god are in opposition, hence there must be consequences for going against the god principle.

Your write-up looks vague anyway...who killed them? Letter? Lol
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MindHacker9009(m): 8:17am On Oct 09, 2022
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Jamestaiwo: 8:17am On Oct 09, 2022
Broveens42:

Lol... There is nothing like law about what Peter said... Some characters in the OT lied to seek favor or escape danger, and it wasn't counted against them. It is not same as bearing false witness against a neighbor.

The whole event was just to suggest that Satan and god are in opposition(which is not literally correct), hence there must be consequences for going against the god principle.

Your write-up looks vague anyway...who killed them? Letter? Lol

Letter in the sense of Accusation and condemnation.
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:20am On Oct 09, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Jerusalem at that time was in the province of Judea. Jesus told them to flee to the mountains. So did they flee to the mountains or not?
The encamped armies surrounded JERUSALEM so other places outside the city is safe! wink
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Jamestaiwo: 8:21am On Oct 09, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I don't follow. undecided

2. Motive is growth of what church? undecided

Mixing Law and grace? Do you even begin to understand what the law is at that point and what grace refers to based on the law? undecided

This is why I so much hate soundbite Christianity.... spewing a lot of meaningless gobbledegook all over the place as if by doing so they accomplish much. undecided

3. what the hell has any of this nonsense to do with the story of Ananias and Saphira abeg? undecided

Read it again and don't just oppose. That is the Answer to your Questions.
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MindHacker9009(m): 8:24am On Oct 09, 2022
But Jesus told them where to flee to, which was to the mountains. So did they flee to the mountains or not?

MaxInDHouse:

The encamped armies surrounded JERUSALEM so other places outside the city is safe! wink
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Broveens42(m): 8:24am On Oct 09, 2022
Jamestaiwo:

Letter in the sense of Accusation and condemnation.

How does it suggest condemnation by man, when the whole context suggest they lied to god and not man... therefore vengeance will not be of man...

The other story you pointed about a woman who was to be stoned, were to be done by men
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by SeniorMan715(m): 8:38am On Oct 09, 2022
What does Jehovah's Witnesses believe ?
MaxInDHouse:
YES! And currently in Lagos, Nigeria!
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:43am On Oct 09, 2022
MindHacker9009:
But Jesus told them where to flee to, which was to the mountains. So did they flee to the mountains or not?

For the benefit of other followers i'll digress a bit!

Jerusalem is where the temple of the Jews was situated back then and it's the only place Jews believe their orders will come from whether to succumb to pressure from invaders or defend themselves. Because they strongly believe their God will not allow His temple to be invaded. So the Roman government know that once Jerusalem has been brought to nothing the arrogant Jews will be humbled.

In ancient times the mountains is a safer place to run during wars because from all angles you can sight any army approaching. So since his disciples aren't to fight in order to protect Jerusalem, fleeing to the mountains simply means running to a safer place! wink

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:51am On Oct 09, 2022
SeniorMan715:
What does Jehovah's Witnesses believe ?

Please Sir i'm deeply sorry for turning down your DM, i have had serious issues in the past honouring people with DM.

Well Jehovah's Witnesses believe in the Most High God whose name is JEHOVAH.
It seems you truly want to discuss with me so let's chat on one of my threads on this forum:

https://www.nairaland.com/6944186/study-bible-jehovahs-witnesses-2

https://www.nairaland.com/7263134/what-gods-today-matthew-7

If you want to learn from Jehovah's Witnesses please ignore distractions from faithless people because we are on a totally different page! Matthew 7:13-14

God bless you! smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Lasgidi90(m): 9:01am On Oct 09, 2022
Why all these grammar. God's holy spirit killed them. Is that what most of you guys are afraid to say?
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MindHacker9009(m): 9:17am On Oct 09, 2022
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:23am On Oct 09, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Jesus told them to flee to the mountains simple instruction so why do you disagree with Jesus.

Jesus is our saviour so when he talks it has to do with SAVING lives that's what you failed to grasp here! wink

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MindHacker9009(m): 9:48am On Oct 09, 2022
May you have SENSE to stop changing what Jesus said angry

MaxInDHouse:

Jesus is our saviour so when he talks it has to do with SAVING lives that's what you failed to grasp here! wink
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by Broveens42(m): 9:59am On Oct 09, 2022
Lasgidi90:
Why all these grammar. God's holy spirit killed them. Is that what most of you guys are afraid to say?

grin that's religion for you..
Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:21am On Oct 09, 2022
MindHacker9009:
May you have SENSE to stop changing what Jesus said angry

Jesus walked this planet as a human so think before applying what a human being who care for others say not just trying to rubbish him simply because you don't believe (trust) in him! wink

1 Like

Re: Who Killed Ananias And Sapphire? by MindHacker9009(m): 12:21pm On Oct 09, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Infidel By Ayaan Hirsi Ali / Does Religion Have A Purpose? / Hello Athiests An Assumed Question For U To Answer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.